It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Ghost Radar Freaked Me Out Last Night!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Been doing some genealogy tonight (I have noticed that tends to draw particular spirits to my house). I was going through records on my gg-grandmother, who was a deaf-mute and led an extremely difficult life of poverty and a husband who ran out on her after 20 years and 3 kids. Anyway, I always feel so sorry for her when I read through her stuff. I had the Ghost Radar on, with random gibberish up to that point, so I asked her if there was anything she wanted to say to me. Immediately I got: I WERE KIND GRANDMOTHER. Then back to gibberish. Made me feel kind of warm and fuzzy.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I've been keeping track of the app and when I get some more responses I might have some interesting things to report back.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kgirl2002

That was a fantastic response. I don't think I have ever received an actual pertinent sentence in response to a direct question before.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Neither have I. I wonder what the odds of getting a complete sentence are? I've also been thinking about how she feels about communication using a device like this, considering how difficult it was for her to communicate in real life (being deaf and mute). I have a lengthy affidavit of hers from when she applied for a Civil War widow's pension, and all of the questions and answers had to be written out for/by her. Obviously she is used to taking a roundabout way to communicate.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kgirl2002

I don't know, kgirl, IMO I believe that there are brand new communicatory boundaries for someone who was 'limited' in that area in life. I would imagine that your g.g. grandmother, having passed into another, less-limited existence, would find a wider assortment of communication outlets available to her.

I believe she is probably quite happy that you are reaching out to her; that she can feel your empathy and sympathy...and that she, in perception and response, is now more free and unlimited than she had been in life.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

and many seemingly unrelated words for the next hour.

I have been playing with this app as many on this thread have. I am not sure if this has been mentioned, and as much as it adds to the inherent coincidences to the words it produces, I began to think about the method by which it is producing the words we are seeing.

From the Developers FAQ page

Modern mobile devices are amazing devices filled with sensors and transceivers. To name a few, there is a WiFi transceiver, a touch sensor, an acceleromete, a phone transceiver, a microphone, and a magnetometer.

So I am going to make an educated guess and go with the notion that the words are being picked up via the microphone and like EVP's (not necessarily audible to the human ear, but very much so to recording equipment) the App is reproducing what it hears via a devices voice recognition software.

IF, that is the method by which it produces the word you hear then I feel that the word that comes out could as well be up for interpretation, but in turn this notion also expands on the notion that the user may merely be finding their own coincidences with the words being produced by the App.

For example, if you've ever used this feature on your phone you may be aware that it is not always so accurate with determining enunciation. Where the user speaks the word "ball", the voice recognition delivers perhaps mall, doll, call, or tall based on how well the enunciation was received.

With that, one has to wonder if the word that the Ghost Radar produced, was the exact word that the alleged disembodied entity intended.
edit on 4/29/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
4/28/12

Around 6:30 pm
I install and turn on xParanormal

7:12-My daughter starts to cough at the table, word pops up "Older"
at the same time that I ask her if she is ok.

7:26 Next word:Ship
This also killed my ATS radio

Wife called shortly after(within a minute) to ask if dinner was ready.

7:58 Wife comes in the door and I am telling her about the app and it spits out "grown"

8:10
I am helping drain a cheap plastic bassenet toy that we are washing off for my daughter.
While I am gone, it spits out "shells"

8:32 I change the preferences and turn everything up as high as it can go because I am impatient.

9:02 spits out "Frame" while listening to ATS about ww3 hacker attack from Iran

9:51 Listening to them Talking about the pope on ATSlive,while sitting quietly and just reading the chatroom it pops up "Reader"

10:29 I was talking about my dads tattoo in ats chat and the ghost app spits out "Forgery"

10:37 While writing that I am noticing how the thing seems to respond to actions I am making,it goes off again saying "Uncle"

10:48 I am explaining this app in ATS chat, it goes off and says "Cow"

11:00 "If" I was writing in the thread about the ghost apps and it goes off twice, once while I am writing this, the first one at 11:00 says If
11:01 "brass"
11:02 "neck" at while I am typing in notepad.

11:23 ats chat, JonnyAnnymous walks into chat, ghost app says "oceanne"

11:28 JonnyA announces he is leaving chat, ghost app says "thou"

11:56 I am reading my rant thread and it pops up and says "Mistake"

11:57 as I am looking over what I was reading when it said Mistake, it says "77"

I was reading "quote" I could make it happen a lot more if I wanted to, I know this, but I choose not to. It does take a lot of
mental/spiritual work that I just don't want to do. Perhaps I am lazy, well, I know I am. "quote",
When it went off with "Mistake" and then again "77"

12:13 I am watching a video of my hometown and the ghost app puts out "1808"

12:15 while watching whales jump on the video, it says "Dish"

12:16 "Shock"

12:37 Writing in a thread on supposed Radiation in Alaska and the app says "1957"

12:41 "Occasionally" Was still in thread about Alaska radiation.

1:00 "Fibre" Am as I am eating a bowl of cereal.

1:01 "East" as I am sitting back down at the computer after putting my bowl in the sink.

1:14 AM I ask who is here. I go through a list of names of people I know who have passed over, when I get to my friend MarriAnn, the system detectors spike up and it spits out "84"

I ask is this MarriAnn?
No response
I wait.

1:32 AM I notice a hum coming from the other room. The fridge starts whatever cycle it does that makes the hum, the meter shoots up and I hear some strange knocks on my wall, or is it just me?

2:02 AM Fly

2:09 Am Afraid

2:33 am "Ankle" while watching home town vid again lol

2:47 I turn off computer and crash for the night.

Conclusion from a few hours of being curious:
A couple of times it said a word that had to do with what I was doing, or what I was talking about prior.
It was enough to make me stop and pause for a second and think about certain people etc, but over all, I was not impressed.

But then that is just the first time using it. I will leave it running and see if something does eventually happen. There were a few interesting hits, the whole tattoo comment and then having it come back with forgery and neck later on made me wonder a little bit.

It also seemed to respond to JonnyAnnonymous coming into and leaving ATS chat.

And it spit out fibre as I was eating cereal lol.

Anyways, that was the entire list of words from my first night with xParanormal
I made sure to put down what I was doing when the app went off just because you never know, need to document in case something DOES happen.

As I was editing this, and going to erase part of my post it popped up and said "carrot"...so I will leave everything and not change it

edit on 29-4-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

You must be exhausted, Darkblade....but thank you for sharing your findings.
I was very surprised to see that your machine was giving you numbers...I've never received any on my G.R.
'Uber' just sent some usefull info as well...along with a link from the developer.
It has some setting suggestions, which I'm going to try.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I was/am really interested in seeing if there is anything to these apps.
I realize that there probably isn't, but I will never know unless I play with one for myself.

And much weirder things have happened, so I am open.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

In your settings, perhaps just for a sitting, try moving the scan frequency up to maximum (10.0)...and all others down to minimum (1.0).

edit on 29-4-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

kdog, you'll appreciate this, I hope...I currently have the Ghost Radar on...sitting on the Mysterious Ancient Bowl...and closed in my library.

I'm leaving it alone for an hour to see what comes out.
I can hear it going off a lot from the other room...but won't know all it actually says til I check on it later.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I was reading over my posts just now, and when I got to the part where I was asking if it was MarriAnn, my ghost app went off and said Right......*twitch*

maybe....maybe not

MarriAnn was my first After death contact many years ago.

It seems when I mention her the ghost app likes to respond.
It just now said Nevada as I was typing about her...lol
I don't think that has relevance that I know of (Nevada) , other than I notice it responds in some way to her name.

Could just be me though.
Not sure on it, but would be cool if it was

edit on 29-4-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Curious as to why this ghost radar does not speak woman names?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Hello Darkblade,
Maybe it needs a specific 'guide' to manipulate it.
My best responses have come when I was focused on someone near and dear who has passed recently.

My wife had a good observation that got me thinking...For some reason, although I get common first names infrequently, to the best of our recollection, those names are always male...never female. Odd.
edit on 29-4-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousEyes1

Mine did earlier, said Margaret.

I don't know anyone with that name though

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The app I am using isn't the Ghost Radar though,
it's called x Paranormal for the pc.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I am noticing that too.

Kind of interesting if a guide can figure out how to use it.
I could be in for one hell of an experience then

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
The app I am using isn't the Ghost Radar though,
it's called x Paranormal for the pc.

[/quote

Then maybe you need to start your own thread, as this one is about "ghost radar"

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Ouch....

Well up until this point it seemed to be about these ghost apps in general.

Fine...I will take my app somewhere else. pffffff

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Noooo...staaaay with us, Darkblade.
Don't be hatin', Amongus...We're all friends here.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join