It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Ghost Radar Freaked Me Out Last Night!!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Nice application to play with, maybe some day something will come of it.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
So after reading this I decided to download it for fun and see what happens.

Quick reference setting:
I'm a enterprise SysAdmin.
I'm at work at this very moment.

In chronological order starting at 1:28 this is my experience so far:

1:28pm - purchase/download
1:29pm - open application
1:29:36 -factory
1:29:52 -earlier
--JJJJJJJJJJMMMMMMM---
1:31:36 -rush
1:31:52 -production
--PPPPPPPPPRRRRRR---
1:32:00 -lips
1:32:16 -average
1:32:32 -cast

So, things of interest:
It immediately gave me a word, "factory", which has no direct relevance to me, though I -suppose- one could stretch it and say that it does relate to the IT industry, however I don't buy it.
"Earlier" no idea what that references, random word garbage.

I then decided to myself "well shoot, let's take it into the Datacenter, right down the hall from me, and see what happens."

I enter in the passcode to the door and walk in and up the ramp. As I'm walking up the slight ramp, which exists because the floor is raised for A/C purposes, the application then produced "rush." Only of mild interest because I was indeed moving quickly, at a faster than walking pace, to the door, and then up the ramp.

"Production." Seemingly a random word, except that at that exact moment I was crossing in front of the rows of servers, SANs, and fabric/iSCSI switches that comprise our "Production" services. In fact the very name of that row is "Production."

I had now passed the production row, and was entering our "Voice" row (where we house our VoIP servers) when it said "Lips." ...

Right beside our VoIP servers are the associated servers that run reports on our infrastructure, creating various reports and..."averages." Hmm...

I finally entered our "Network" row where the inbound and outbound circuits, as well as the bulk of the datacenter's network converges. I put my back to the corner and switched it to Radar view, which showed a ping on the south-east sector, and then prompted the word "cast."

----
I still have the application running as I type this. During that time it has added the following:

1:44:00 -include
1:44:16 -mama
--SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSeeeeeeeeeeeee...--
1:44:40 -Sam
1:44:48 -division
1:45:04 -isn't
1:46:00 -party
---TTTTTTTTNNNNNNNNNNNNN---
1:46:08 -in
1:47:44 -known
1:48:24 -tax

"Include" no relevance that I can think of, though I had just thought about including the timestamps, which I did so...take that with a grain of salt. Well, take this ALL with a hefty dosage of salt

This is a bit creepy I'll freely admit. "Mama" popped up on screen, and then a moment later I got a text from my sister asking her if my daughter wanted to spend the night, I proceeded to tell her that I had just sent my daughter to her mother's for her two weeks of custody. Interesting...

"Sam" no relevance
"division" no relevance
"Isn't" no relevance

"Party" received a text a few minutes before I downloaded the app from a friend saying he was going to a coworkers birthday party and wanted to know if we (friends and I) wanted to go.

"in" no relevance
"known" no relevance

"Tax" my other SA had just been talking about property in Illinois he was going to get, as part of a tax-deed sale.

---
I've since shut the app off and may or may not delete it.

Here's my quick thoughts. As a scientific minded person, I often find myself at odds with the paranormal world. I don't openly believe it, but I've had personal experiences I may share later that led me to this site back in 2009. I often approach things with an Occam's Razor mentality.

That much said, I've often thought that our continued increase in airwave energies (cellular signals, wireless device interlinking, wireless charging, large additions of EM by man made products) could easily aid "ghosts" in contacting us or interacting with us. We've observed how they can drain batteries or effect local electrical devices, so it stands to reason they have gained a benefit from our advances in networking.

The words that occurred in the data center were genuinely interesting and did give me a bit of a chill, but at the same time the other words show a lot of random generation, so I will not commit to saying it was "supernatural." Even if we discount the low probability that this program actually is "sensitive" I had only just installed it, seems unlikely for it to be able to hit the high marks that quickly.

The other, later, remarks from it actually make me suspect that, like others have said, it references information from your phone. The "Mama" bit was a bit unsettling as well, but I have plenty of bits about my daughter and I on the phone so make of it what you will.

In the end if I delete this app it will more likely be because I fear for it data-mining my phone more than legitimate "paranormal" abilities.

Hope you enjoyed my brief experiment!

Edit: I had thought "rush" might have been due to it picking up my movement from the accelerometer, but tests waving it around at high speed did not produce a similar result.
edit on 30-11-2012 by UnmitigatedDisaster because: "rush" addition

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Hi everyone, forgive me for reviving this thread. There doesn't seem to have been a reply in a few months but I just thought I'd chime in if anyone's still interested.

I've been lurking ATS for a few years now but very rarely post. I downloaded G.R. a few years ago and would toy around with it from time to time on my iPhone. I've got a Galaxy SIII 6 months ago and never bothered downloading the android version until today, nothing amazing so far but I'll post if anything weird comes through.

I decided to search ATS for any threads on G.R. and was delighted to find this one. I've read through it all today, fascinating stuff.

I have had a few very strange experiences in the past with G.R. though if anyone's still interested. I was reminiscing with my Mom about a couple of years back about past family members, one in particular who's name was George, he'd died about 2 years before this.

I went to bed that night and decided to turn G.R. on as I would do a lot around that time out of curiosity. When I turned it on it said 'Bed' which was a funny coincidence. It then went on to say 'Walls' and 'Hole'. This was funny because we had a hole in the wall where my dog had chewed his way through it (Labradors eh?).

Shortly after it said 'Dan'. I jumped up out of the bed in a panic. Very freaked out now. It then said 'Jane' and 'Here' immediately after. This made no sense to me, I've never known any Janes in my life. I slipped back into bed ting to reassure myself. I then said 'Jorge' and 'Here' immediately after. This time I sprung out of the bed and down to my Mom who was watching TV downstairs. I told her so she told me to bring the phone down and try it there.

It then said 'News' which is what she was watching on TV and later said Dogs. We had two of them at the time. it said Jane again which still made no sense and later said some more generic words like Coffee and Writer. The last word it said was 'Thomas' the name of my Grandfather who'd passed just months before. My Mom freaked out and asked me to turn it off which I was only happy to do at the time.

I have it running now but there's very little activity. I've let it warm up fully and the only messages I've gotten are Process and Flies.

Not saying I believe it. I did post this story on another Paranormal forum and got laughed at and received abuse from other posters for even mentioning G.R. That's what I love about ATS. Most people will be open minded enough to even entertain the idea and compare experiences.

Anyways that's just my two cents. Please continue to post any strange experience you guys have, love reading through them!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Well this has been an interesting thread! I bought GR last year and have played with it now and then. The one 'result' that has stuck in my mind, was when I turned it on to show my pal how it worked. We could not believe it when it immediately spoke the name of her oldest Son..Jeff T*****! We hadn't been discussing him, we/I would never refer to him by his full name if we had discussed him. I have no record of him on my IPhone nor on my IPad. I can't remember the other words that accompanied his name.
After reading through this thread last night, I soo wanted to turn it on and see just what came up..but, as I was home alone, I chickened out and decided to do it in the light of day lol
I have to say, I never, ever thought of this as an electronic oujii board...but, now some of you guys have mentioned it, I truly wonder if it is 'working' in that way. I hope not, 'cos that would spoil the 'fun' element of the app.
I'll turn it on later..and if anything noteworthy happens, I'll post the results. (If anyone still interested?)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Yes please do carry on posting any findings folks. Good to see this thread revived, it's been quiet for too long now. Also please make sure to read all the thread before posting your thoughts too, it's interesting stuff.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Sometimes demonics mimic the spirits of the dead because its fun for them and the fear that is produced is something that they literally feed off. Its all fun and games for those who know nothing until it happens and when they tell others they are treated like an idiot or crazy person. But its a fact that when this stuff happens you then know, and when you know you cant tell anyone. check out some of the ouija board videos on youtube I can tell you from personal experience that not all of them are fakes.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hi, I got the ghost radar classic app the other day. I took my baby down for a nap with her bottle. I had the ap going and it said bottle.and luck . I am going to try ghost radar connect and see how it does.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Wow, haven't seen this thread in a while!

I've been using xparanormal detector for almost a year now as it is a computer program, not a cell phone program, and I'll tell you what, the damn thing works! Only not like you would think, it seems to respond to my own thoughts a lot of the time. It gives off high fluxes when I get upset or have a sharp emotional response to something while I am sitting here. Every once and a while it will also spit out something relevant (word) to what I am addressing on a "psychic" level.

Even if some people don't believe it.

edit on 13-6-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I believe you! lol

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I have the Ghost Hunter M2 by Jedasoft for what it's worth I think this is the best app for your phone
if your into this type of thing. It has about 10 different apps in one. It has a sensor sweep
EMF (which actually works) EVP Audio that records Geoscope Spatial Twilight and Dashboard instrument.
I have other ghost apps as well including GR.I only use this one now.

I and my husband have had experiences I use it everyday and everyday it amazes me.
I won't go into detail way to many to list but the most recent was my father had been rushed to
the hospital he fainted and took a fall in a supermarket and cracked his scull open resulting in 13 staples. Thankfully hes is okay
but he did have to spend a week in the hospital we all were worried sick if he was going to be okay.
Mid week of his hospital stay I did a evp session while I was preparing to shower
directing questions to my mom who had passed some years ago asking if he will be okay
The first word was staples then heart then my fathers name which is Roland but the evp
was spelt Rowland then the word rest..... while I showered I continued to ask questions
I asked what room am I in if you can see me it said Library ( my mom always called the bathroom
the "library") then it said bathroom after a few min's of silence then nothing else at all.

I honestly believe that this is a tool and somehow it is emitting the energy for
spirits to use to be able to contact us.
The strange thing was I had called my dad at the hospital after all these evp's happened
and he told me that they had to do tests on his heart that morning because they feel it was
related to his fainting..... he was a bit nerved because they wouldn't allow him to rest ....all he said
to them is please let me rest no more tests ......Well thats just one experience I have many many more.
I don't feel anything evil from this device and it doesn't scare me but thats just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Lol the other day I had it on and it said instrument and then channeling. It was correct just back wards. lol

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hi is anyone still here? I registered on this site because I read the entire thread to see if anyone else ALWAYS had the same blips on the screen. I have 2 that are always there and it started with one that was always right next to me sometimes so close it looks like it's on me. The only time it didn't show was today ( had it for 3 months) I handed it to a friend and nothing showed up and I was sitting 5 ft away. Back in my hands they're there again. Anyone???

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
The location of the blips im pretty sure are just random and meaningless.

Considering how much my tablet heats up using this app i can tell you it must really be using sensors or is poorly coded because if it was just random word generations this wouldnt be so hard on the cpu and batter life.

This can be changed in settings on the paid version but im not sure what free one does but when you first turn it on the first words instantly coming up is it calibrating to find the norm of the environment youre in. Thats what the developers say.

Not all devices have all the functions that it uses to try to test for so you should run an app that can tell you if you have a magnometer or other things.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately I'm really tech challenged and I don't know what a magnometer is but something else happened the other day that really caught my attention. Even though the words seem to be pretty random. I got all in a row DYING DEATH DAUGHTER LETTER about an hour later my close friend texted me that her dad passed. Tho it wasn't a surprise we had t talked about his disposition on or around my phone in over a week. I read someone else in this thread said the words showing had been in his head. The same thing happened to me. I'm still most amazed by the blips because I don't quiete understand how the programming could cause them to be exactly the spots they're in only when I'm holding it. I tried again and had a friend hold it while I was completely leaned up against and touching her. Blank nothing. Then I gave it to my mom and it remained the same the blips stayed in the same places right after they'd disappeared on my friend- if you really think it's in the programming would you mind explaining to someone who is VERY tech challenged.
I appreciate your response!a reply to: Aural

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: OiOiOi

You could run a few tests.

Turn off your auto rotate screen and hold your phone upside down after seeing blips. If the blips mean anything they should correct themselves to the position of your phone. If not it will remain the same. However it is still possible the app may be measuring the angle your phone is held so this isnt difinitive but to help rule that out try to hold your phone scren up horizontally so the sensor wont know which way is up or down. If you dont know how to turn on and off rotate the quick way is click the time in lower right of your android then click the top of the screen that pops up and you will see a switch for it near wifi and volume

If you have another oldphone or a friends phone theyd be okay with you using you could try running the app on both side by side to see if the results match any. This is best done if its same phone model.

To test what sensors your phone has available for the app to use use something like android sensor box

My tablet only has a mic and no other sensor the app claims it uses. I still get blips on the screen and words appear.
edit on 10-8-2014 by Aural because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2014 by Aural because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Way back in this thread a bunch of us asked our apps where the next mega quake was going to be.
If you want to experiment with us in that, you are more than welcome.

Just ask out loud where the next MEGA quake will be and the first location that your app spits out,
share with the thread.

I am still keeping an eye on that as no mega quake has happened yet, and we got 3 or 4 different locations.

Some of these apps are very interesting.

I don't run mine much anymore, but still have it,
and it does do/say some interesting things sometimes when I do run it.
edit on 10-8-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Since how often would some ghost know the future?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Aural

I don't know.

I am not even sure it is ghosts that are running these apps when they say something.

Mine seems to respond to me. Almost like my mind is somehow effecting the app. If I get upset while I am at the computer, it will spike up on the meters, and if I leave it on and walk away to do some work, it would mention things that I am doing at that moment during the day.

As far as spirits knowing the future, I am not convinced they do, unless it is something already set in motion or is it is something that is "destined" to happen. But that is just my own opinion. It was an interesting experiment with all of these apps we decided to try out and see if we get results later on.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Oh and I do have one strange story with my app that does relate to a spirit.

One day it was spilling out numbers while my wife was using the computer.
Later on she tells me that it was telling her the military time, so I go back in the log, and check, and yeah,
it was military time.

I got a funny feeling. I just kind of knew that something made her notice it. I heard a "voice" in my head say that I needed to ask it a question.

So without her knowing, I asked "it" if it told her what the meaning of the numbers were and I watched as her head suddenly slammed towards the keyboard and stopped just a milometer or two from striking the keys, and then snapped back up. It was a very violent and quick reaction.

I got my answer. So actually, they do use this sometimes. I forgot about that until I was sitting here going over the things that have happened with the app. We have had several occurrences in my apartment and the buildings here, so this was just one of those things.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
And just lately, I fractured my ankle and I asked so….tell me something about this `fracture`….and it said …and, break.

And shortly afterwards, I asked for insight into my relationship with a guy who I suspect is cheating on me.

It said….sit, discuss, split. Sally , affect , lying!! (my name is not sally but some people call me like that including the `lying` BF)

Creeped out !!! LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join