It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Ghost Radar Freaked Me Out Last Night!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Hello everyone...
YES, I know this post is embarrassing, but I'm still pretty astounded by what happened last night and need to get some kind of explanation or answers.

Background:
A couple of months ago my Brother-in-Law, who loves high-tech gadgets came to visit. That evening he showed us his iphone with a 'Ghost Radar' App he had purchased. It was kind of a fun 'ice breaker' for the evening...and for the most part really only spelled out a series of random words which generally had no relevence to our questions. Still, we had fun...knowing full well that it was for entertainment purposes only and that it was NOT some actual way to communicate with spirits...or so we thought.

Fast Forward:
I bought a new ipad very recently...and remembering the fun we had with my Brother-in-Law's Ghost Radar App, I also bought one for my new ipad. Again...mostly irrelevent words continued to come out of it...so I eventually lost interest.

Last Night:
My daughter was over, saw my new ipad and App and began playing with it out on our deck with her cousin...As I opened the door to come out to join them, my first name "Thomas" immediatly emitted from the machine.
We all had a laugh at this; naturally thinking that the timing alone was a pretty neat coincidence.

It was even a little more eerie, as she said she was trying to talk with my father who had passed away last september. His name was Tom also (I am a junior)...and Dad was the only one in my family who called me "Thomas".

Still, based on the nature of this machine, I thought the name was a lucky hit...with even luckier timing.

We all came back into the living room still laughing and talking about my Dad...with the App still running...and IMMEDIATELY my LAST NAME came out of the machine. My last name is relatively unique...and in the time I've had this App...a last name of any kind has NEVER came out of it (usually only random dictionary words with occaisional first names).

We were all shocked and sat there in silence after hearing this...my hair stood on end and I felt goose bumps...We all did!
THEN, my FIRST NAME came out of the machine right after my last name! We ALL just freaked out...dropped the ipad on the couch and ran out of the room.

HOW is this possible? The odds of it randomly selecting mine and my Dad's first and last names...while trying to contact him with an App that is supposed to be just a fun entertainment device...must be a billion to one!

Has anyone else experienced this?
How can this be explained?...It is beyond coincidence.
edit on 23-4-2012 by IAMTAT because: spelling

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I don't have any apple devices so I don't know for sure what's going on with it, but are you sure your last name was never entered into the device? Registration purposes? Perhaps your daughter and her friend were googleing your name on the device earlier?
edit on 23-4-2012 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
i use that same app to freak out my friends...

it gets lucky sometimes... its just a joke though the whole app is a joke... test it! seriously, bring it somewhere and just let it sit it will wobble up and down and spew out words....

I had it say some weird stuff to me.... and yeah it gets freaky at night in a graveyard...

but outside of that its def. entertainment only

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
No, but you may be experimenting with something beyond your control. It would be best to delete the app and possibly change machines. Several religions strongly suggest not attempting to communicate or interact with the realm of spiritualism and perhaps for good reason. My best,

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zayonara

I know they weren't googling my name. But I am sure I must have my name in my computer for registration...I don't know where this App gets is 'random' words.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Maybe you device pulled your first /last name from your account information..

Your dad's name though....that is weird.

I would have freaked out like a crazy person!!!!!!!

Did it continue afterwards or was that the only thing that happened.

Thanks for sharing S&F Great story!!!!

Teye22

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

It went back to random words again...so we went to bed.
My son and his girlfriend came over after we went to bed...and my daughter was still up.

The next morning, she told me that the exact moment she told my son, right after he and his girlfriend came into the kitchen,...his girlfriend's purse literally FLEW off of the counter and travelled four feet. Nobody was next to it.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I would say to get rid of this app...something isn't right about all this.....

that is some freaky sh*t!!!

That's just me though
I'm a big coward when it comes to this sort of thing.

I still love this kinda story!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Even though generally I'd say ghost radar is a fun and games jokey kind of app from my own experience with it, I'm actually with taye22 on this... get rid of it now! That ain't good when stuff starts getting moved around, that's usually the first sign of worse things to come.

With that said, try to keep the thoughts in your household VERY POSITIVE AND CHEERY for the next few weeks, and seriously...get rid of that app!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
.... and yeah it gets freaky at night in a graveyard...

I couldn't stop laughing at this, who goes to a graveyard for jokes? Sorry but couldn't resist!
I didn't think those types of jokes (at a graveyard) still carried on to this age, I guess new technology new entertainment. Who knows!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
.... and yeah it gets freaky at night in a graveyard...

I couldn't stop laughing at this, who goes to a graveyard for jokes? Sorry but couldn't resist!
I didn't think those types of jokes (at a graveyard) still carried on to this age, I guess new technology new entertainment. Who knows!

Graveyards are like sacred grounds. Graveyards still hold a sense of awe and respect (or they should) because that's where we bury our dead. That's how it's been for a very long time. Graveyards = Supernatural Places. I don't see the joke...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
YES, I had an experience with this app!!!

Me and my cousin were in a bar.. empty bar, a few people were sitting at the other end, while we were sitting toward the back of the room, just chatting. We were sitting in silence checking our cell phones when my cousin jerks her head around.. I thought she was looking at the person walking in the door, but she says "Oh my god, I just felt something grab my shoulder, and there was no one there." She grabbed my shoulder and pushed her thumb into where the traps end and shoulders meet. We are sensitive to spirits, and she sees them sometimes. So I start to look around and see if I can sense anything.. And my eyes keep being drawn to a certain spot near the front of the bar.. I say "***, if there's something in here, I think it's hanging out over there," (to our left), so she pulls out her phone and opens her ghosthunting app--- which she says never has worked before, but we should try it out. So, the radar shows up, and there is a little dot, to our left and slightly behind, exactly in the spot I had pointed out. The dot begins to move, and it goes across the bar from us, and the part with words says "Ggooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" with a ton of o's behind it. Keeps saying it over and over.. Then the little dot is chillin next to me on the screen and I feel a tingling on my right side, especially near my hand. We were so creeped out we decided to leave... As we were gathering our things, a man walks in, a man who had been found not guilty of murdering his own daughter.

I feel it was as if this spirit was telling us this is not a place for two ladies to be hanging out. She also mentioned the last time she was there she got into a fight... So there was definitely something trying to keep her away...

Creepy stuff for real.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
But was it the app the op is referring to?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Water and electricity...bad mix. And after reading more about this App I'm beginning to think ghosts and electricity...bad mix, too! If these stories are true then the app seems to be quite the portal opener. I'm glad this sort of thing wasn't around when I was young and stupid.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I have had mixed results with this app. In 1933 a small plane crashed on my dad's property (12 ft from where the house is built) killing the 2 people that were on board. When I used this app for the first time on my Ipad, the words: airship, explosion, propeller and fire appeared. Needless to say I was blown away but since then the app has just spit out random words that do not make much sense.
edit on 23-4-2012 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
reply to post by Teye22

It went back to random words again...so we went to bed.
My son and his girlfriend came over after we went to bed...and my daughter was still up.

The next morning, she told me that the exact moment she told my son, right after he and his girlfriend came into the kitchen,...his girlfriend's purse literally FLEW off of the counter and travelled four feet. Nobody was next to it.

as the poster said above, it might have pulled your last name off your phone; I don't know how they program the app if it spoofs your contact list or what.. the 'Thomas' thing is a little spooky..

as for the purse, definetly enity there, no question; if there hasn't been activity in your house before the app was used, I'd get rid of the app.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
That sounds very creepy. I'd defnitely get rid of the app and maybe take that Ipad with you to church on Sunday or something (if your'e religious). Last thing you need is inviting something unwelcomed into your house and someone's head spinning like the Exorcist

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I'd really like to know just exactly how this ghost app works, as in, does it use the mic on the phone as a listening device or what?

I'll google a bit and see what comes up .. anyone else know? here it is in real time..

another one

edit on 23-4-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

The App I have (although based on what I'm hearing here so far, it is an App I think I should probably delete)
was the 'Spud Pickles' Ghost Radar.

One other weird thing regarding the little radar 'blips' that appear on the screen...My experience has always been that they are always primary colors (Red, Yellow, Blue and Green).

When this was all going on (and this was the ONLY time I've seen this), the colors would mix on top of each other...so that a 'blip' would look like a multi-colored bullseye.

Today, the blips are all back to normal, and only random, irrelevant words have been occaisionally coming out.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
reply to post by amongus

The App I have (although based on what I'm hearing here so far, it is an App I think I should probably delete)
was the 'Spud Pickles' Ghost Radar.

One other weird thing regarding the little radar 'blips' that appear on the screen...My experience has always been that they are always primary colors (Red, Yellow, Blue and Green).

When this was all going on (and this was the ONLY time I've seen this), the colors would mix on top of each other...so that a 'blip' would look like a multi-colored bullseye.

Today, the blips are all back to normal, and only random, irrelevant words have been occaisionally coming out.

here's seems to be a better review.. now i'm not sure if there's are 2 types of ghost apps or not.. here's the one for your specific app....he's just show how to use it .. but, the members are giving it alot better likes than dislikes from 82k vs the 151k views from the above vid i posted..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join