It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING - Possible Meteor Impact Northern Nevada

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LuvSpace

Awfully aggressive response for someone who registered today, and has the handle, "LuvSpace". How about you hang around the forums a few years before suggesting someone be banned? Suggesting that a meteor is valuable to someone in possession of one, is no different than saying that a gold nugget has value should someone want to sell it. There was no suggestion to sell to a specific business.

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuvSpace

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I'd just like to take this opportunity during this very active meteor shower to remind everyone that Meteors are purchased and valued by the GRAM weight. Find one of the unusual or rare variety..or one like this which may be common but millions hear about..and you'll likely retire with at least 6 zeros in your account balance. Maybe 7 if the right rock lands and you find it.

Of course... kick the bunny a 2% commission for this friendly public service announcement. Fair is Fair!
edit on 22-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Isn't soliciting for business a violation, why are you not banned?

You're joking right? WOW...... touchy doesn't even BEGIN to address that??

Are you seriously mistaking me for someone running a rock shop or business? I'm noting any member who FINDS one of these can be a millionaire overnight...IF it's the right kind and condition. Just FIND it.. How is that soliciting business? The 2% crack? It's referred to as humor.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuvSpace

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I'd just like to take this opportunity during this very active meteor shower to remind everyone that Meteors are purchased and valued by the GRAM weight. Find one of the unusual or rare variety..or one like this which may be common but millions hear about..and you'll likely retire with at least 6 zeros in your account balance. Maybe 7 if the right rock lands and you find it.

Of course... kick the bunny a 2% commission for this friendly public service announcement. Fair is Fair!
edit on 22-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Isn't soliciting for business a violation, why are you not banned?

Because its not likely anybody would respond. its humour.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
We heard it, dogs heard it..I didn't see it. But there are a lot of first hand accounts in the comment section of the story. I'm in Reno, but there was more effect south of here, like Carson City, as far as the boom goes. It was loud enough to cause somewhat of an echo effect, due to the two sets of mountains l live between.

www.rgj.com...|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

that reminds me have you got the one I sent you?

kidding only kidding...

there sure is a lot of chatter surrounding daylight fireballs, strange noises and mysterious sonic booms lately weird

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

My wife just moved to Carson City. I'm betting she knows something about this and would be able to shed light on it. I'll call her after final formation and post what she has to say.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I live in Amador County, Ca. which is between Tahoe and Sacramento. I heard the rumble and loud explosion about 8:30 this morning towards the East. It was very loud here but I didn't see anything and I was outside at the time. I went down the hill to shop about 10 am and on the way back up Hwy 88, about 11 am, I saw a checker board display of chemtrails over the Sierra's ( SE direction)....not as big as some I have seen here but was at least 2 squares in the same direction....I would say Southwest of Tahoe. Also lots of air traffic earlier.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Ask her if she heard my dogs too! LOL. They were barking, bouncing up and down. Just like 4th of July.

Thing is, most people that saw it, feel that it landed "just over the hill. If it blew up, there's a chance that there could be a little field of meteorites along it's path, if it was any significant size.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
that would be odd considering that there was a warning that someone had posted on the internet.

that a "special forces" friend told him to be ready for 3 monts of supplies or whatever. and something about the prisons xD

and I would think that meteors would be trackable? (I'd always thought scientists could track them? but I'm not very sciencey xD)

anyways. what if they knew about this event? and they let it happened. but warned the important people in Nevada so that they could get supplies.

EDIT: wait... I think it was Montana xD

so SCRATCH ALL OF THE ABOVE IF IT WAS MONTANA

edit on 22-4-2012 by novemberecho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
To me, the short-lived LuvSpace troll can mean only one thing: this claim of a meteor impact is not only authentic, but an urgent matter to those who support distraction, derailing, and disinfo. = tptb pawn

I agree this may be something more than just a rogue meteor from the Lyrids shower.

Thanks to those who were able to provide first/second-hand testimony.

edit on 22-4-2012 by 4KAAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bpg131313

Besides, we love our Wrabbit as much as we love our Beezzer. Bunnies are as cool as Ponies are.

Still reading through the thread.....

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
They say a meteor hit the US. And shook the ground a bit. I hope no one is hurt.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite
all these meteors are just the precursors to the large astroid that is going to hit... that or the suns binary star that we are getting closer too

You're just salivating for some doom, aren't you?

Sorry, but you're probably going to have to wait awhile.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite
all these meteors are just the precursors to the large astroid that is going to hit... that or the suns binary star that we are getting closer too

Do you have some evidence to back that claim?

It would be nice (if it were in any way true) to have some prep time.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MaKaElectric

My son and I where just watching 2012 when we decided to take a break and I logged on to ATS. While I know we are in an active meteor sighting time frame,but even so was kind of weird..
Thanks OP
edit on 22-4-2012 by flimzytrek because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
this site claims to have pictures:

http ://www.theblaze.com/stories/
edit on 22-4-2012 by FuturePeace because: (no reason given)

mod note: use link at your own risk, it may be a bad link
edit on Sun Apr 22 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new link to story
http:// www.theblaze.com/stories/took-my-breath-away-huge-fireball-meteor-rattles-nevada-and-california/

it appears that this one is also use at your own risk

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FuturePeace

Everything that goes up must come down....
Maybe the ISS against all the odds fulfilled this ancient prophecy

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I just talked to my guy at the local 7/11 and he said the exposion occured about 8a.m. Pacific time. That's west coast time for you foreigners here in the great country known as America. F American politics. It's our people that make us great.

He actually said is was a pretty big boom. I didn't hear it so it wasn't THAT big.

Everyone in line buying Slurpee's said they heard it too.

Is the time reference accurate?

I don't eat/drink Slurpee's FYI, so maybe they had a brainfreeze?

I'm serious about the acknowlegement of the heard "hit" though. Brainfreeze was a stretch.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Dan Ruby, associate director of the Fleischmann Planetarium at the University of Nevada, Reno, said it’s unlikely the fireball had anything to do with the current peak of the Lyrid meteor shower.

(Link has virus)

No idea who the guy is but he seems to think different

edit on 22/4/12 by TedHodgson because: Link contained virus

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FuturePeace

Your link has a virus I think....

just typed in the Blaze on search and brought up the story.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join