It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING - Possible Meteor Impact Northern Nevada

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Link -

UPDATE: A number of people in the Sierra around El Dorado County have reported they saw what they believed to be a meteor just before the sound.

The El Dorado County Sheriff's Office tells News 4 they cannot confirm anything landed in their jurisdiction, but do tell us they have received a number of phone calls regarding the incident.

www.mynews4.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I have a lot of family in Northern Nevada...so I am going to get on the phone and see if anyone heard this boom...and if they have anymore news about it!

Interesting news though...thanks for sharing it OP!

ETA: My aunt heard the "boom"...she said it was frightening loud...but hasn't heard anything about what it was...so it was probably what Drummerboy said..." an autobot..."!

edit on 22-4-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
all these meteors are just the precursors to the large astroid that is going to hit... that or the suns binary star that we are getting closer too

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Here is a link to the local NOAA radar.
radar.weather.gov...
Sometimes, as with the break-up of the space shuttle, you can see a trail or streak.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Meteor?? nonsense
it is one of the autobots

+26 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite
all these meteors are just the precursors to the large astroid that is going to hit... that or the suns binary star that we are getting closer too

Or it could just be the start of the Lyrids meteor shower : April 21/22 ...happens every year .
1 Quadrantids January 3
2 Lyrids: April 21/22
3 Eta Aquarids: May 5
4 Perseids: August 12
5 Orionids: October 21
6 Leonids: November 17/18
7 Geminids: December 13/14

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

Or it could just be the start of the Lyrids meteor shower : April 21/22 ...happens every year .
1 Quadrantids January 3
2 Lyrids: April 21/22
3 Eta Aquarids: May 5
4 Perseids: August 12
5 Orionids: October 21
6 Leonids: November 17/18
7 Geminids: December 13/14

I spent some of last night on Stellarium and Intellicast, trying to get the best view possible... unfortunately, overcast is the devil! jk...

I'm going with your conclusion...

They say that sometimes we may drift through a denser region of the 'debris' field, and it will create a grand show for all to see. I've always wondered if there is a denser region in which the sizes of the 'debris' is large enough to reach the ground. That is probably going to happen sooner or later, and a chunk of Earth will be hammered.

Here's a painting of the Lyrid meteor shower...

Here are some images, I gathered to illustrate a dream I had a little while back...

started with...

Then I witnessed this, all over the sky...

Then the first image I provided, illustrates what came next....

and the dream finished with this...

it truly was an amazing dream... lets just hope it wasn't prophetic LOL!
edit on 22-4-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: clarification

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I've been up since 5am. I heard or saw nothing here in South Lake Tahoe ...dammit,and I was outside with the dogs.
Other then the the otter swimming, and a couple of coyotes and the usual UFO suspects(satallites) all quiet.

OH... And they haven't sprayed errrr geoengieered our asses for a few days so the sky is quite clear.
(ducking...rim shot..)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
You know, I just had a thought? What if those mysterious explosions people have been hearing are exploding meteorites in the atmosphere?

edit on 22-4-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: Added the word know

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

The Lyrids meteor shower occurs every spring as the Earth passes thru the trail of the Comet Thatcher, which was last this area of our solar system in 1861. Comet Thatcher is currently nearing its furthest distance from our sun at approximately 106 AU and will not return for over 200 years. The size of the debris is generally small with a few larger pieces mixed in, as is typical of a comet’s tail. When astronomers speak of increased density, they are talking about the amount of material not the size. Currently the Lyrids shower averages between 10 and 20 objects per hour, during increased density it can be up to 50 objects per hour. There are no parts of the debris from Comet Thatcher big enough to impact the Earth, let alone do any damage. Based on the painting you posted, I would guess that was painted sometime in the late 1800s when the debris in the comet tail was much more dense.

www.spaceweather.com...

My guess is that what ever was seen and heard in Nevada was a meteorite separate from the Lyrids. The sound alone does not indicate an impact, as the sound could have been the result of either a sonic boom created by the object or the result of the object breaking up in the atmosphere.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
You, I just had a thought? What if those mysterious explosions people have been hearing are exploding meteorites in the atmosphere?

I had a dream about this. there were explosions all through out the sky. Later I realized they were meteorites. They were small only baseball sized at best, but some did reach the ground. Felt like a future dream.

I had a second dream recently with cops all over locking people up. I stayed around pretending to not notice till I saw my way out. Then as I was running all these meteorites start streaking down hitting the ground all around me and exploding. This also felt prophetic...

I thought this was going to start earlier. Do you guys remember the Nasa release that said something like tyche a hypothetical planet was somewhere around the Oort cloud and could be throwing meteors into the inner solar system?

I wonder if it's related... ?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

reminds me of all the asteroid movies!

the small meteors travelling ahead of and around the 'big' one...

that's what we're being bombarded with... they're not telling us how 'big' the big one is only that theres a bunch of exoplanets and possible brown dwarf in the oort cloud with highly eliptical orbit ie Tyche

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
+

apparently witnessed as far as north of Stockton, CA, sierra and south of Vegas? wow

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaKaElectric

Link -

UPDATE: A number of people in the Sierra around El Dorado County have reported they saw what they believed to be a meteor just before the sound.

The El Dorado County Sheriff's Office tells News 4 they cannot confirm anything landed in their jurisdiction, but do tell us they have received a number of phone calls regarding the incident.

www.mynews4.com...

OMG?

Deaths?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Meteor?? nonsense

Huh? What's an autobot?

+19 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuvSpace

Meteor?? nonsense

Huh? What's an autobot?

The opposite of a decepticon.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuvSpace

Meteor?? nonsense

Huh? What's an autobot?

en.wikipedia.org...

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I'd just like to take this opportunity during this very active meteor shower to remind everyone that Meteors are purchased and valued by the GRAM weight. Find one of the unusual or rare variety..or one like this which may be common but millions hear about..and you'll likely retire with at least 6 zeros in your account balance. Maybe 7 if the right rock lands and you find it.

Of course... kick the bunny a 2% commission for this friendly public service announcement. Fair is Fair!

edit on 22-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I'd just like to take this opportunity during this very active meteor shower to remind everyone that Meteors are purchased and valued by the GRAM weight. Find one of the unusual or rare variety..or one like this which may be common but millions hear about..and you'll likely retire with at least 6 zeros in your account balance. Maybe 7 if the right rock lands and you find it.

Of course... kick the bunny a 2% commission for this friendly public service announcement. Fair is Fair!
edit on 22-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Isn't soliciting for business a violation, why are you not banned?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MaKaElectric

I'll have to ask my wife about this. I live in Northern Nevada. But right now I'm in Ft. Eustis, VA. I know the area quite well as my wife and I have explored the state pretty extensively. I'll post whatever info I can get if any.
edit on 22-4-2012 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join