It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Order of the Undead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
whilst reading in boredom last night I came across this relatively unheard of group. read a little into the newsletter they put out and their (supposed) connection to the killings of the West Memphis 3. just wondering if anyone had more info on this group as I cant figure out if they are supoosed to be Satanists or vampires or...who knows what.

SMR

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
How do you mean connected?
As in this group kiiled the 3 children and are letting the 3 ( Damien Echols,Jason Baldwin,Jessie Misskelley ) take the fall?
Do you have the link to this newsletter.
I would like to see this,but at the same time,think it could be just another rumor to go against the 3 who IMHO did NOT kill those 3 little boys.
I have been following the WM3 since it all started.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I read all the stuff on their website claiming their innocence but I kept coming back to two questions: (1) why would the Misskelley confess to murder for any reason other than he was involved & (2) how did he know the specific wounds of the boys killed(they were not made public yet) when he confessed. all I could really see on their site was claiming their innocence by technicalities such as poor grammar by some of the investigating officers & typographical errors. it was proven by admission that some of the alibi's were complete lies & the one where the boys parents were the alibi the people they went to see didnt back them up. I dont think a bunch of drug addicted & convicted criminal celebrities really help their case much either. just sounds like a white version of the O.J. trial to me. if anything there were a couple of the original suspects who seemed to have had physical evidence pointing to them as guilty as well. go to the official website and look through the serology reports. there is one in particular that points strongly at one of the kids that wasnt pursued after the initial investigation. there were several findings of human blood of matching type but not enough to do exact dna analysis.

anyway, back to the point...the echols boy had in his possession at his home a copy of one of the newsletters. the newsletter was published by his girlfriend's cousin, who openly admits to being a practicioner of satanism(Anton LaVey style satanism not what would be considered the pure form). these newsletters print LaVey style rituals, dark & violent poetry, a list of "the top 10 songs to commit a ritualistic murder to", etc...with that said at least 3 of the original 8 or so suspects publicly admitted to practicing satanism. I also found some info stating vampyre poetry was published in these newsletters.in my mind this sort of doesnt fit into a hardcore satanist publication, then again I am not a satanist or a vampyre so what do I know?

edit: forgot to add that I found the info on them by googling "satanic ritual" and "secret order of the undead". I read on a couple sites that they were also referred to as SOUND but never tried that one, figured I'd be digging throung tons of unrelated crap...

[edit on 27-9-2004 by metalmessiah]

SMR

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   

(1) why would the Misskelley confess to murder for any reason other than he was involved

This 'kid' was not the sharpest knife in the drawer. His level of smarts was that of a 5th grader at most.It was well documented in IQ tests as well as everyone who knew him.
He was interrogated for many hours,infact longer than the others.Even in tapes it is seen that the interrogators were telling him details of what happened.By the time of the so called confession, he knew all that had happened.Getting him to confess was the easy part for them.Like it is said,he was not that smart ,irritated, and very confused when asked questions.Most will agree it was entrapment.

(2) how did he know the specific wounds of the boys killed(they were not made public yet) when he confessed.

Again,he was told what had happened almost to detail while being interrogated by police.
He was told he could get less punishment if he just told what went down and by who.They tricked him.It's all on that site and is documented. Some of what he said is not even true but they still use it against them.

As for the newsletter and books.That is the lamest attempt to say anyone is a killer.
I wear all black all the time.I listen to heavy metal all the time.I have books that some deem evil and even as an artist,I draw not so happy things.I am in no way capable of killing a fly.What someone has as their lifestyle is something to tie into things,but to single out those particular things/subjects as they did makes it wrong.

Why does he keep getting denied for any DNA testing?Why does he keep getting denied spesific hearings?
Those 3 were village scapegoats for a crime that the police could not solve during an ELECTION month for police chief.
If you ask me,the father is the one they need to look more into than they have.He has lied more times than I can count and has no credible people to back him up other than his beer chugging hillbilly drug addict loser friends.

The whole 'satanic' and vampire things do not fit together at all.
He did have things of such,but it was not well elaberated on and I am guessing they did not find it to be of any 'evidence' so to speak as they are really just published writings.Such as the Alister Crawly book they found.They tried to use it against him in court,but again,it is just literature.

In all,there really and truthfully is no evidence to support these three were involved in the murders.The police pressured Jessie Misskelley into a confession and anyone can see it by watching tapes and listening to audio.

You may be able to find what you seek at the official WM3 messageboard located HERE

They got a crap trial and 95% of the people who know of this case will agree and will agree that these 3 are innocent.

Sorry I got off track a bit,I just get going good on this bogus case.
I will try and see what I can get as far as this 'newsletter' deal.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I looked through every single page of evidence on their official website and never found a transcript or tape of the confession. it just seems suspect to me that if there were proof that the bot was told what to say they would publish it...then again, maybe I overlooked it? I was completely unaware of the controversy of this case until a few days ago. it was actually an article on the occult that led me to the WM3 site to begin with. I seem to have a built in distrust for humans and the evidence I keep going back to is the little girl who the echols visited saying it was a different day and destroying their alibi. I am going to check out the message board you posted & look for the confession there, hope I can find it. thanks for the stimulating conversation about this. I stress that I in no way think music has anything to do with this case, I am a huge metal fan myself. I could see, however, someone that young going astray from reading the dangerous material published by Crowley and LaVey. it is well documented that Crowley went insane practicing his own works and Lavey IS a nutjob!!! I can only base my opinion of the case on what little info I know. so far I can still see how there was doubt about their innocence & thats from info gathered from a defensive site.

which father are you referring to when you say he would be a more like susect? I assume one of the victims? maybe he was the man supposedly seen in the restaurant. if that story is true the only conclusion that I can come to is someone pretty high up had a personal vendetta to settle with one of these young men. if that were the case it would seem like it would be alluded to in their own words on their site. from my personal experience becoming the town scapegoat doesnt happen by chance.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
according to their official www.wm3.org your statement about the confession is false. the official website claim all the details of the bodies were widespread knowledge throughout the community within the time between discovery & arrest.

www.wm3.org...

I searched the board you provided and the official site and cannot find the confession anywhere. just too many lies coming from the convicted camp & their families, implying to me that they are involved. still, the evidence does not PROVE them guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt. I do question the legality of convicting on the confession alone but stand firm in my belief that the facts do point to these boys as the guilty party. as far as dna testing as of 6/04 a motion was filed with the courts to retest the evidence. doesnt sound like they are being denied to me, maybe in the past?

if the Echols boy was named Michael Wayne(am I correct?) how did he come to be called Damien? not implying it would link him to satanism or anything, just found it curious.

SMR

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Yes,the news did travel fast.As well,he was told by police what the details were along with what he had already heard.
What I am talking about is the forced confession.He knew what the fuss was about.But at the same time,the police were saying to him,telling him,you did this with the other boys.Putting the statements,confession,in his mouth and confusing him.
The kid was dunb as dirt and they knew it.All they needed to do was tire him out and start putting words in his mouth confusing him and thus getting a confession.
Knowing this kid was so dumb,they kept bringing him in read here
Another 'crap' investigation is the Bojangles Restaurant insident.
They let the men go?They had blood all over them in the area and let them go?
Town punks got the roles of scapegoats and everyone knows it.Maybe not you and a select few,but for the most part,many know they are not to blame.

In 2002, Echols filed a Motion for Forensic DNA Testing, joining Jason and Jessie in their request to have DNA testing performed on all available evidence.

In late 2003, the Arkansas Supreme Court issued two devastating rulings. On October 16, they denied Damien's request to reinvest jurisdiction regarding the Writ of Error Coram Nobis in the Circuit Court. This effectively killed the Writ. Two weeks later, they affirmed Judge Burnett's decision to deny Damien's Rule 37 Petition, thus ending that avenue of appeal as well.

The DNA testing is still an available option, however, and may yield results that would support what is called an "actual innocence" claim. While efforts to preserve and have the evidence tested began in 2000, Judge Burnett did not enter an Order for Preservation of Evidence until 2003. At this time, the requested DNA testing is proceeding. Judge Burnett finally signed the Order for DNA Testing, which was filed June 2, 2004. Getting all parties to agree on what specifically would be tested, what laboratory would be used, etc., was a lengthy process. As soon as we have an update to report, it will be posted on our News page.

The father that I speak of is John Mark Byers.The fact that his son had the MOST injuries than the others as well as him lieing about drug use.Along with the fact that it was well documented that he ABUSED his stepson time and time again.
Read about him here
He also had a prior conviction for threatening to kill his first wife.This information which was not even been entered into the police department's investigative file.Why not?

The strange demise of Melissa Byers:
On March 29, 1996, at approximately 5:40 p.m, Sonny Powell, the sheriff of Sharp County, called Investigator Stan Witt of the Arkansas State Police to report a suspicious death.

Powell told Witt that a woman named Melissa Byers had been taken by ambulance from her residence in Cherokee Village to Eastern Ozarks Regional Hospital. She was pronounced dead after efforts to revive her failed.

Powell was acquainted with Melissa Byers. As most people in the area knew, she was the mother of one of three boys who were found murdered in West Memphis in 1993. The following year, three West Memphis teen-agers were convicted for the killings in a pair of sensational trials, which hinged on allegations of Satanism. Throughout the trials, Melissa Byers and her husband, John Mark Byers, were seen frequently on TV, often cursing the defendants. Read more...

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
those last links you posted were very interesting. I still see no evidence. that is the most troubling part, the lack of evidence to point either way. now there are four dead and no evidence. I find it hard to believe that two different jurisdictions are that grossly incompetent. this thing is starting to wreak of a cover-up. I wonder who Byers was able to get convicted with his informing to the police? if it was a big enough case there may be your answer. thats just the only way I can see this man getting away with murder twice. after all, it sounds like his IQ is probably in the range of what Misskelley's is supposed to be.

anyway, back to what prompted me to post this...any luck with that undead bunch yet? from everything I have read it sounds more like just a bunch of goth kids fantasizing about being vampires than any kind of satanic thing. hard to say thoug as it seems the activity dropped off tremendously after those killings.I wish the internet would have been bigger in the early 90's. I havent been able to find an actual newsletter yet, just a few sites listing an index of contents. man, I really wanted to check out that top 10 song list...

SMR

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
As for the case,it is a strange one and they really do need to look deeper.But like I said,this investigation was weak at best.I dont mean to critisize,but this little hick town needed outside help in every way.

As for the cult.I havent been able to really find anything 'prooving' or otherwise that it is a legitimate group.Like you say.Just a bunch of goth kids linking to differently acting groups.Vampires do NOT go around killing in the sense of killing for satan.San Diego is a haven for goth and Vampire groups and I know many from each.The goth group,well not much but people who dress a certain way.The goth chicks are hot though

The Vampire community is is really so much different than people think.There have been cases where someone was,or said he was,a Vampire and did kill.Maybe you remember Allen Menzies Read here...
Another is Roderick Ferrell who was widely on the news.Can read about him Here...
Here are more cases of Vampire murders Here...

These people give Vampires a BAD name.This is NOT what being a Vampire is about.There maybe cults with evil sadistick people in them calling them anything.By choosing Vampire,it gives it more of a scary feeling to the events they take part in.
If you find anything on the group you speak of,please let me know.I would be interested in reading about there 'cause'

I seem to have found 'something' but not really.
Secret Order of the Undead (SOUND), 197, 202, 203, 224, 232 appears to be something noted in the book Blood of Innocents

[edit on 29-9-2004 by SMR]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Six years after last post but just thought anyone who wanted to know about S. O. Und ( Secet Order of the Undead) might be interested. SOUnd dissolved in 1994 after a rift between it's 9 core members. It was a newsletter founded for entertainment purposes by a group of people who enjoyed the Goth culture and Vampires as fiction and entertainment The contributors and staff created personas to write stories and comment on current events as well as review current entertainment offerings. The Vampire Source Book listed
Them as a vampire organization because of the subject matter of the 'zine, though circulation rarely reached over 100. The only connection to the infamous 'Memphis 3' was that one of the original founders was the cousin of the girl friend of one of the 3. All of the authors and 'members' of SOUnd were located in Southern California and none of them, to the knowledge of the other members, were practicing Satanists or black magicians. Hope this doesn't disappoint anyone about this particular 'secret society' or iþ's contribution to 'the Memphis 3' but it's always better to have your facts correct when forming a theory.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The west memphis 3 did it and people need to get over it, i could care less what the dixie chicks think about it. The confession yes there was a confession Jessie was not coerced in the legal sense, the detectives do this for a living and it is not like people left and right are admitting to crimes they did not commit.
Here are a few little things for ya
callahan.8k.com...
The have all the case documents there and you can read them for yourself. Ill warn you right now there is a photo section and it may contain graphic pics, i did not click on anything that might be a shock pic so there may be nothing there but this is the warning.

callahan.8k.com...

Echols was previously admitted into a psych hospital where he was perscribed imipramine, what are the side effects?

Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur when using Imipramine Capsules:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); blurred vision or other vision changes; changes in sex drive; chest pain; confusion; constipation; fainting; fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat; fever; frequent or difficult urination; hallucinations; impulsive behavior or other unusual changes in behavior; jaw, neck, or muscle spasms; mental or mood changes (eg, increased anxiety, mood swings, agitation, irritability, nervousness, restlessness); panic attacks; ringing in the ears; seizures; severe dizziness or drowsiness; sore throat; stomach pain; suicidal thinking or behavior; swelling of the testicles; tremor; trouble sleeping; trouble walking or keeping your balance; twitching of the face or tongue; uncontrolled movements of arms and legs or stiffness; unusual bleeding or bruising; worsening of depression; yellowing of the skin or eyes.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by zaiger]

new topics

top topics

join