It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist, deharmonizing the harmony of the spheres

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by manna2
reply to post by MrXYZ

so you are saying you don't believe in atheism?
that it's all about a disbeliving belief?
lol, and you believe this? lol

BTW - - I never respond to this person.

And suggest - - you (or anyone) not be baited by her.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
So to sum this thread up in 2 sentences:

"OMGOMGOMGOMG, I love god soooooooo much!!"
"All infidels are bad!!"

Reminds me a bit of a Southpark cartoon

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
So to sum this thread up in 2 sentences:

"OMGOMGOMGOMG, I love god soooooooo much!!"
"All infidels are bad!!"

Reminds me a bit of a Southpark cartoon

LOL

It is definitely a ridiculous thread.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by addygrace

No group think, huh? As a group Atheist's think there is no God.

Trying to go all Drama on me - - aren't you.

Common denominator - - Atheism - - Lack of belief in god. Atheism is a noun/adjective. Its not a verb.

There is NO Group Think - - no doctrine - no belief - yada yada yada.

Beyond the common denominator - - - each Atheist is an individual to think/believe whatever they choose (except belief in a god).
How was I being dramatic? All i was saying was, atheist's are a group who think there is no God. I don't think you go to classes or anything, but you do fit into a group of people who think the reality we all live in is Godless. It's funny, the Dictionary.com definition for Atheism is the doctrine or belief that there is no God. I know a lot of atheist's claim they don't believe anything, they just lack belief in something. But it's impossible to think about a certain thing and not form a belief, either way. I was just pointing out how much I liked your post. It's posts like that, that make me read this website. So, thank you Annee.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Individuals are nothing more than products of their environment and circumstances over their lives. One isn't "vicious" because their an atheist. However, being an atheist might explain why one might at times be perceived as "vicious". For one, and this is more through observation and common sense of course, most atheists I have ever known weren't 'raised' atheist like most religious types have been 'raised' in their own faith. It's usually been a choice made after their own explorations. Question is, why did they choose to be an atheist? We might think we know why were making certain choices, but we might not know how our life experiences are filtering our judgement. Did this person feel betrayed or abandoned by God? Did they lead such challenging lives that they believe can't possibly come from a fair and just God? Did they never feel love in this world? I could go on but you get the point. There are many co-dependent factors, as many of the things that can make you into a vicious person may potentially also make you lose any faith of the existence of God. But they need not be related at all. Perhaps instead of asking "Why are atheists all so vicious?", we should instead be asking on an individual basis "Why does this person always act so vicious towards matters of religion? What might they have experienced to make them feel so harshly?".

Declaration of interests: I am not religious at all, but I've become far too spiritual in the past few years to comfortably call myself an atheist

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Individuals are nothing more than products of their environment and circumstances over their lives. One isn't "vicious" because their an atheist. However, being an atheist might explain why one might at times be perceived as "vicious". For one, and this is more through observation and common sense of course, most atheists I have ever known weren't 'raised' atheist like most religious types have been 'raised' in their own faith. It's usually been a choice made after their own explorations. Question is, why did they choose to be an atheist? We might think we know why were making certain choices, but we might not know how our life experiences are filtering our judgement. Did this person feel betrayed or abandoned by God? Did they lead such challenging lives that they believe can't possibly come from a fair and just God? Did they never feel love in this world? I could go on but you get the point. There are many co-dependent factors, as many of the things that can make you into a vicious person may potentially also make you lose any faith of the existence of God. But they need not be related at all. Perhaps instead of asking "Why are atheists all so vicious?", we should instead be asking on an individual basis "Why does this person always act so vicious towards matters of religion? What might they have experienced to make them feel so harshly?".

Declaration of interests: I am not religious at all, but I've become far too spiritual in the past few years to comfortably call myself an atheist

edit on 22-4-2012 by DudeCuda because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DudeCuda

edit on 22-4-2012 by DudeCuda because: (no reason given)
Believe it or not people who believe in God aren't usually raised in the church either. It goes both ways. I used to be an atheist. After getting older, the birth of my kids, and thinking for myself, rather than appealing to authority, I have come to know Christ. God is a good God. He found me, even after I rejected him many times.

I just think it's a very common belief, people who believe in God were forced to as children, so now they can't help but believe in God. How many adults do you know, that follow the path of their parents? Where I live, almost all try to do the opposite of their parents.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

All i was saying was, atheist's are a group who think there is no God.

That is not all you were saying/implying.

And Atheists are not a group. They are individuals who lack belief in a god.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

All i was saying was, atheist's are a group who think there is no God.

That is not all you were saying/implying.

And Atheists are not a group. They are individuals who lack belief in a god.

Semantic's, but.....

This is why I find this funny; By the way, atheist's argue about this a lot. It's funny because a group of people just means a number of individual people. Atheist's are so worried about theist's claiming they have a belief, they go out of their way to deny any and everything. Atheist's have a worldview just like everyone else. Their worldview just doesn't allow God.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by addygrace

Depends what you mean by God.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

See I said they were religious, more religous than most. And their church is science - does this make them sciencetologists?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

actually it would be best of the atheists stopped paying attention then, also it would be best if they were not so aggressive because their tendencies are well know to us civilized folk

and thank you mods for moving this topic... much appreciated

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

actually it would be best of the atheists stopped paying attention then, also it would be best if they were not so aggressive because their tendencies are well know to us civilized folk

...says the guy who created an entire thread to express his hate for atheists

Oh the irony is strong in your posts

As for "aggressive tendencies", history makes it abundantly clear that religious believers are the more aggressive ones. Your thread helps to prove that point too

And yeah, good on the mods for moving this to the appropriate forum section...after all, it's nothing but a rant...
edit on 23-4-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I admit... I am a sinner!

but my God will forgive me because I am spreading a brand of love the aggressive atheists understand

I have taken up the serpent to feed it a little of its own venom, though it will not tarnish or stain me, as I know the atheistic game and mindset.

(I admit it has to be my most successful topic to date)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
reply to post by MrXYZ

but my God will forgive me because I am spreading a brand of love the aggressive atheists understand

I have taken up the serpent to feed it a little of its own venom, though it will not tarnish or stain me, as I know the atheistic game and mindset.

You should try be a little more humble with your peculiar brand of what you call love.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
And yeah, good on the mods for moving this to the appropriate forum section...after all, it's nothing but a rant.

and to add... I have stated that in the very first post if you had read the whole topic you would know that

I placed it where it was on purpose and as we can see it did not turn into a discussion... I wonder why? but to determine that one has to go back and re-read some of the first responses.

there are very few intellectual replies to someone seemingly showing aggression... the atheist surely know how to extinguish hate with love, and this thread surely proves that

edit on 23-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
reply to post by MrXYZ

You should try be a little more humble with your peculiar brand of what you call love.

my love for an atheist is a dog from hell! which I will sic on them if I had one...

God loves them, I don't, I am here to deliver them to God

edit on 23-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

You state:-

"......................my love for an atheist is a dog from hell! ...................."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A dog from hell - OK Keep barking up the wrong tree - avoid mirrors.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

You state:-

"......................my love for an atheist is a dog from hell! ...................."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A dog from hell - OK Keep barking up the wrong tree - avoid mirrors.

don't be afraid of me... if the atheist want someone to get over on they go to the theistic forums and sections.

I am barking up any tree which sheds its rain on my brothers and sisters...

I am kind to kindness, I am vicious to viciousness, very simple... I will not conform to you and you will not conform to the law.

this topic has been moved to the rant section... so rant!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

You wrote:-

God loves them, I don't, I am here to deliver them to God
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your God ask you to do this?

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join