It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist, deharmonizing the harmony of the spheres

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
reply to post by MrXYZ

of course I don't make sense to someone who has no beliefs...

it's only a logical conclusion

Let me see if I can find that one thread you posted in before...

The one where a fellow Christian said he was embarrassed by you and that you're a nutjob.

I don't really care what anyone thinks, only my God, and a good christian wouldn't use such language

I know my fellow Theist's and I'm having fun while they are having discussion without the presence of atheists

edit on 23-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa

reply to post by MrXYZ

Honey, I have beliefs and the only logical conclusion is that either you are A) on drugs or alcohol or B) you need to seek psychiatric help.

I am glad I am drawing your attention

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Good luck in your quest trying to segregate an entire forum section by keeping atheists out

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

No, your god only destroys anyone who doesn't worship him, despite the fact that the only evidence we have of his existence is a thousand-year-old book, an invisible corpse, and a hundred years worth of bloodshed in his name, not to mention the lack of divine intervention to save thousands of Christian lives (and innocent lives) as well as sending people to hell for other people's actions (fatherless children, anyone?) or sending stillborns straight to hell.

Yep, I totally wanna vote for your god. Pfft!

EDIT: I want to make it clear that I do believe in what we could very loosely call a "god", but it is very different from the Christian god. Our definition of "God" is sketchy at best, so don't assume I'm making fun of the idea of "god" in general...I'm aiming my criticisms at a very specific frame here, not the whole picture.
edit on CMondaypm121221f21America/Chicago23 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa

reply to post by MrXYZ

Honey, I have beliefs and the only logical conclusion is that either you are A) on drugs or alcohol or B) you need to seek psychiatric help.

I am glad I am drawing your attention

Are ya now?! LOL I admit, I'm bored and your brand of 'not quite right upstairs' is highly entertaining. Were you beaten by an athiest as a child? Is that where you get your vitriol?
edit on 23-4-2012 by MaMaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

reply to post by MrXYZ

Let me see if I can find that one thread you posted in before...

The one where a fellow Christian said he was embarrassed by you and that you're a nutjob.

I don't really care what anyone thinks, only my God, and a good christian wouldn't use such language

I know my fellow Theist's and I'm having fun while they are having discussion without the presence of atheists

Such a deluded mind you have.

Must have some deep seeded psychological issues.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

These "deep seated psychological issues" are based in having to overturn and distrust and disconnect (at a certain level) from everything they've been told is right and sacred to them.

It's akin to taking the first step out of your door after graduating. You are leaving the nest, and OMG WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO NOW?!?!?! kinda thing.

Also, the idea of not knowing what's after death...indeed, even considering the possibility that we can't know these things for sure, is abhorrent to them. They want to know someone has all the answers...and if the answers aren't there, they need someone to say, "It's alright, just trust in me."

Honestly, I'm surprised they even make fun of Hindus with all that going on. I mean, it makes just as much sense to trust that the cow five miles down the road will make sure you and your family don't die in a fire that night.

It's fear. Fear of the unknown, which includes nature, fate, and death. Fear is what drives these people, and until they learn that fear is unnecessary, as long as you accept life with a dash of salt, they will continue to worship an invisible man.

Man? God is a man? Seriously? If that's the case, no wonder we're all f***ed.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by paradox

These "deep seated psychological issues" are based in having to overturn and distrust and disconnect (at a certain level) from everything they've been told is right and sacred to them.

It's akin to taking the first step out of your door after graduating. You are leaving the nest, and OMG WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO NOW?!?!?! kinda thing.

Not only the fear of the unknown (which I believe is the reason for religion in the first place), but this guy takes it way too far. Almost crossing the line to religious extremism. Check out his thread stating that he believes "atheists should be monitored."

He has also claimed that atheists enjoy eating other people, and a list of other ridiculous claims, such as a functional society can not exist without the bible and "the laws of god."

A definite religious fanatic. Either a troll, or he has bought into religious conditioning fully.
edit on 4-23-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

As I have stated multiple times, three reasons for religion:

One, preclude to science.

Two, answer the unanswerable (at the time being, anyway)

Three, allow control of temperamental society

Again, if there were no religion, and no doctrine stating that there is indeed a purpose, and that purpose states you must devote your free time to worshiping instead of causing trouble, and you must do good deeds or you will burn forever.

Where would we be? Would we be in a better world...or in an anarchist world, where it's every man for himself?

That's the question we all need to very honestly answer.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I believe we would be in a better world without religion.

Mirror neurons serve multiple purposes. We do not need a bible to tell us what is right to do to others, and what is wrong. So the whole "do unto others" is inherent and comes along with personal life experience.

Of course you would still have your bad apples in society, but they are there anyway even with religion.

There are more negatives to religion than positives, by far.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

no... God of which there is only one... will destroy the whole earth, end of story.

God will make a whole new earth for the believers.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

change the subject and attack...

very good, did you too read the art of war?

"sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me"

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

reply to post by paradox

change the subject and attack...

very good, did you too read the art of war?

"sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me"

Are you saying Sun Tzu wrote of speaking on discussion forums?

You are even more deluded than I thought.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

no I was using it to express something... I've never read it either and my friend, your brand flavor is very weak!

Next...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

reply to post by paradox

no I was using it to express something...

Your delusions?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Here is a great video documentary for those of you who would like to see the dangers and effects of the disease called religion on society.

edit on 4-23-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

reply to post by paradox

no I was using it to express something... I've never read it either and my friend, your brand flavor is very weak!

Next...

You suddenly seem a bit more rational, so let me explain my previous post in the light of the word weak.
It just seems to me that someone with Christ in thier heart. Would at least have enough to say to make an OP that isn't at odds with the guidelines of ATS.( Two paragraphs )

You should have had a hell of a lot more text in your OP. The shortness of your opener isn't at all typical of someone who is excited by the truth that awakens a person to become a diciple.
You've been here long enough to know better.
edit on 23-4-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join