It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whistleblower: Planet Seen From Antarctica

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
You're both going on very incorrect info.

Not only is the infra red observatory being used to actively scan for a nemesis type star, there is still no viable solution for the 26 million year mass extinction cycle other than cosmic events. If you have proof Nemesis has been dis-proven conclusively let's see it, I sure haven't found anything.

I don't know where the drive to disregard the theory comes from other than it gives false hope to the Planet X crowd, the theory is still being actively pursued, has not been "dis-proven" in any way and in fact, the discovery of 2 other extra solar planets leads down the path to the expected result perfectly.

The star would not be visible in the human spectrum of sight and would not appear to be moving. No one, least of all me is claiming Nemesis was spotted visually in the S Pole. Something else was, what I have no clue.

Don't let your desire to shut down the planet X stuff blind you to everything or push you to make claims w/ no backing.

Hell, SETI still dedicates part of it's resources to scanning for Dyson Sphere's for Gods sake. (And found several candidates).
edit on 25-4-2012 by ecoparity because: (no reason given)

Why would the "nemisis star" not be seen in our light spectrum, we have plenty of observatories that find things in Infared and X-ray.

Nemesis is most likely a red dwarf star, magnitude between 7 and 12.

It is likely that Nemesis, if it exists, will be visible with binoculars or a small telescope.

We don't need a large telescope to find Nemesis. We need a small or medium telescope, and enough time to look at and analyze 3000 candidate stars. A series of images taken throughout the year should allow us to measure the large parallax of this star. We are also eliminating the stars measured by the Hipparcos satellite.

muller.lbl.gov...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Please point out where I claimed this. Perhaps you should read people's posts completely before jumping to conclusions.

I've stated several times -
The video in the OP is crap

I'm not a planet X proponent, not like anyone else I've seen so far anyway. I have extremely valid reasons to believe in an alternate theory that was most likely the actual source of those legends / speculation. They've got the right idea but are completely wrong on the source.

I know something weird occurred at the S Pole that has led to a lot of speculation and rumors, false predictions but I've clearly stated I'm not sure what that was. My sources in this area are not the kind that tell all, I'm often left with a great deal of unanswered questions, unfortunately.

The discussion on Nemesis came into this thread as an aside in response to those who said that any star or planet capable of affecting ours would be visible. This is entirely NOT true. The nemesis theory is just one of many that explain how an invisible star could have a huge impact on Earth.

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by ecoparity

How hard is this to comprehend>>>????

There is NO PLANET, SUN or ANYTHING that could "only" be seen from Antarctica....and "NOT" be seen from the OTHER occupied areas of the Southern Hemisphere!!!

I mean...it IS that, that, THAT simple!!!!

Just "ponder" it...for about five seconds....OK???

edit on Wed 25 April 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
www.nasa.gov...

It helps if you base your arguments on facts vs. stuff other posters have said who were also ill informed / uninformed. I've seen a lot of tossing around "facts" in this thread which are anything but.

At least use the most up to date information rather than quoting from the oldest version. No one in the nemesis search group believes the star is visible from Earth with optical telescopes or even lit in the human visible spectrum.

reply to post by caf1550

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Unfortunately, even a negative find in WISE won't disprove the theory, even more sensitive instruments are coming online which may be needed to find it. We don't even know what the temp of the star would be and WISE may not be sensitive enough.

So we can find Brown Dwarfs light years away with our current tech but we can't find one in our own backyard?

How does that make sense to you?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Seriously? Why bother with WISE or the planned follow up surveys at all then, according to you we've found everything there is to find.

I've already discussed this - it's temperature, distance, how crowded the neighborhood is and even what type of neighbors are there. This is why you can see a brown dwarf further away but one closer to Earth may not be easily found. Not to mention, its a THEORY. We don't even know if it's a brown dwarf, that's just what was proposed as the most likely candidate based on the mass postulated to create the disruption in the oort cloud comets.

There are numerous other possibilities there, including a black hole which is yet another alternate theory.

By your logic Sedna shouldn't exist either, then. We found other planets much further away quite a while before it was found after all.

Originally posted by caf1550

Unfortunately, even a negative find in WISE won't disprove the theory, even more sensitive instruments are coming online which may be needed to find it. We don't even know what the temp of the star would be and WISE may not be sensitive enough.

So we can find Brown Dwarfs light years away with our current tech but we can't find one in our own backyard?

How does that make sense to you?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

It would still be visable in Infared, Ultraviolet, and X-ray. We have plenty of observatories and telescopes in space that would be able to find it.

Hubble has all three capabilities, you also have Spitzer and Chandra. Why have they not found this suppose object but they can find Brown Dwarfs light years away. They can find Pulsars, Magnetars.

Astronomers may have found the coldest star in the universe, a brown dwarf 75 light years from Earth.

Another group from the European Southern Observatory says it too, has found a brown dwarf with an extremely low temperature, called CFBDSIR 1458+10B. It is the smaller companion in a binary system of two brown dwarfs, also about 75 light years distant, though in a different direction.

75 lightyears away and they can be detected, but not in our own backyard. Possibly a light year away, does this make an sense to you at all?

www.ibtimes.com... /20110324/astronomers-find-coldest-stars-in-universe-eso-spitzer.htm
edit on 25-4-2012 by caf1550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I've already discussed this - it's temperature, distance, how crowded the neighborhood is and even what type of neighbors are there. This is why you can see a brown dwarf further away but one closer to Earth may not be easily found.

No we have not found everything because if you read some previous posts in other threads I will always say we still find amazing things everyday in the Universe. In no way to I believe we have found everything.

Take how crowded our cosmic neighborhood is. It honestly isnt that crowded. The next closets solar system to us is Alpha Centuri which lies 4.24 light years away. In between us is intersteller space.

en.wikipedia.org...

So far, WISE data have revealed 100 new brown dwarfs. Of these, six are classified as cool Y's. One of the Y dwarfs, called WISE 1828+2650, is the record holder for the coldest brown dwarf with an estimated atmospheric temperature cooler than room temperature, or less than 298 K (25°C, 80°F ). It emits no visible light at all, making it resemble a planet rather than a star.[16]

Coronagraphs have recently been used to detect faint objects orbiting bright visible stars, including Gliese 229B.

First discovered was found in the Plieades Cluster (Teide 1)

Subsequent studies have shown that brown dwarfs orbiting within 3–5 AU are found around less than 1% of star with a mass similar to the Sun.[

The Brown Dwarf Desert Theory.

Fact is the Temp, distance and what lies beyond our solar system would make it harder not easier to find brown dwarfs.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
If you want to call it dis-proven before all the data is analyzed and the next set of surveys made, be my guest.

I prefer to wait for all the evidence to be analyzed before ruling it out. That's just my personal preference though, I believe in scientific skepticism. e.g. until all the evidence is in refrain from denouncing a hypothesis.

Otherwise you either believe yourself to be some kind of prophet / seer of the future or you're just making a semi educated guess which way the tree will fall, IMO.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I don't see myself as a prophet or seer of the future. I base my opinion on science, the fact that they havent found anything in the WISE survey yet and the fact that we can find them lightyears away. ultra cold stars lightyears away. We should easily be able to find them in our own solar system.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Please...TRY this "thought process" on for size.

The Southern hemisphere of this planet that we reside on does NOT consist solely of Antarctica.

OK??

Look at maps or (even better ) a GLOBE!!

South Africa....and the lower part of the country of Chile....and the ENTIRE continent of AUSTRALIA!!!!!....These places, the people who live there, could ALL see 'something" (if 'something' existed!!!).

Please, try to understand this simple fact!!

Please??

edit on Wed 25 April 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

The whole premiss of this thread which YOU replied to was the video in the OP that claimed to show a planet which looked huge in the video and could only be seen from antartica, now as ProudBird and others have stated anyone in the Southern Hemisphere would have saw that, thats why its BS and thats why YOU dont have to wait for the next set of results

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Please show me the proof that geological poleshifts don't happen. People don't even have a solid theory on where the moon came from. You have a magic viewer that let's you see all of earth's 4.5 billion year history?

A pole shift is as described by Hancock who coined the term for this crustal event. Paleomagnetic studies show that NO such event has happened in the last 200 million years. The only candidate for such an event is from 800 million years ago and that event took 15 million years to complete. It moved at a whopping 1m a year which is huge in terms of geological processes, but not a poleshift according to Hancock.

Zetatalk and Nancy have been bang on in hundreds of predictions. They explained why they gave a false date for 2003, and they said parts of Asia would sink UP TO 80ft, clearly implying that number is the maximum of the range and not the precise target of the prediction, as some coastal parts of SE Asia is now permanently flooded, albeit by a few meters.

Since you claim there are hundreds why not give up your favorite 3. As far ass I know Nancy is a complete failure. So surprise me.

Planet X explains many things that are happening that can't otherwise be explained:

So you think that a new planet which cannot be seen or detected and apparently has no effect on anything at all explains politics and installation art called crop circles?

4. Huge increases in world tectonic activity, earthquakes, volcanoes, sinkholes, weird noises, fireballs, floods - all explained by the magnetic force of Planet X.

The only thing increasing is floods and that has been happening due to man. Quakes and volcanoes are NOT increasing. Sinkholes are not increasing. Magnetic fields of planets are weak. If there were a new large magnetic field near Earth it would be easily detected. This is a huge failure.

5. Huge animal die offs - explained by methane releases, birds are very sensitive (canary in the coal mine) and the screwed up magnetosphere.

Animal die offs are not caused by another planet which no one can see or detect.

6. Crop circles - many incredible huge intricate ones could only have been done by ET's warning us of the poleshift

If I were going to warn people I would bend some plants.
Could just walk up to them and same "take care" or I could bend some crops in a few places in the world.

8. Unprecendented mass resignations of the world's top postions, there have been over 700 since the beginning of the year, in this terrible economy, usually there would be a couple dozen in a normal year.

The American president named Clinton once said, "It's the economy stupid." Maybe he was onto something.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Not only is the infra red observatory being used to actively scan for a nemesis type star, there is still no viable solution for the 26 million year mass extinction cycle other than cosmic events. If you have proof Nemesis has been dis-proven conclusively let's see it, I sure haven't found anything.

I don't know where the drive to disregard the theory comes from other than it gives false hope to the Planet X crowd, the theory is still being actively pursued, has not been "dis-proven" in any way and in fact, the discovery of 2 other extra solar planets leads down the path to the expected result perfectly.

The star would not be visible in the human spectrum of sight and would not appear to be moving. No one, least of all me is claiming Nemesis was spotted visually in the S Pole. Something else was, what I have no clue.

Don't let your desire to shut down the planet X stuff blind you to everything or push you to make claims w/ no backing.

Hell, SETI still dedicates part of it's resources to scanning for Dyson Sphere's for Gods sake. (And found several candidates).

1. WISE is no longer functioning
2. The 26My claim was dropped a long time ago
3. Planet X was disproved in 1989
4. Any unknown planets in our solar system must be very far away and never enter the orbits of the known planets
5. Any companion star to our Sun would move due to parallax issues

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

IRAS did not find it nor did a follow up study but neither of them had the sensitivity to detect a Brown Dwarf as cool and distant as Nemesis is postulated to be.

Doesn't need to be detected since the properties given it, a highly eccentric period orbit are impossible. Shoemaker pointed out there would be a transfer of momentum that would alter the orbit every revolution. That would change the orbital period. It would not remain at 26My. That is one of the main reasons that Nemesis was dropped.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

There are a multitude of pictures and videos at the poleshift ning site, you are welcome to browse them.

I've seen their junk labels on photos. The site is a hoax site designed for the gullible.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

What WISE would not pick up must be very small and very far away. If Tyche exists it will be in the data. If it is not in the data then it does not exist assuming of course that a failure of the instrument would have been determined by now.

Even the matter of mass extinction timelines is still actively debated.

Sure. But a periodicity to extinctions is not.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Everyone knows the manmade crop circles use for the most part straight lines and have no message, whereas the ET ones use mostly circles and impart a message about the effects Planet X is having and will have on the solar system.

I still recall when charlatan crop circle investigators denied that any crop circles were man made. Now kooks have grudgingly admitted some are man made. Sorry but they are ALL man made installation art.

Then you offer proof of a Mexican jet chasing oil rigs. Nice.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

So basically, regardless of how you would like to word it, we are both in agreement that facts may change over time as new discoveries are made and hence, as you put it, " theories are refined or replaced".

What I find troubling is suggestions that history books need to be rewritten or science is found to wrong. That is not what happens.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Matese & Whitmire are not the only scientists looking into Nemesis, I know of a half dozen who will still actively postulate the theory will be proven eventually.

It would be weird if they were the only ones. Lots of people would love to be the discoverer of a new celestial body in our solar system.

Also, it's not just about the temp, it's about the distance and how crowded the neighborhood is and with what type of neighbors. That's why more sensitive instruments and techniques may be required.

So if a body is very far away, then it never gets closer. If it is really far away then it can't be affecting the Earth. Space out there is pretty empty.

Lastly, never forget - every scientific theory has been dismissed at some point. Until it's proven the mainstream will always take the position against. True scientists will suspend judgement and accept it as merely unproven without actively campaigning against a theory just because it hasn't been completely made fact, unfortunately we have an infection of pseudo skeptics these days who feel the need to hang Galileo.

All people are saying is that anything out there has to be very far away and small and it never enters the orbits of the known planets.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join