It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whistleblower: Planet Seen From Antarctica

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
You're both going on very incorrect info.

Not only is the infra red observatory being used to actively scan for a nemesis type star, there is still no viable solution for the 26 million year mass extinction cycle other than cosmic events. If you have proof Nemesis has been dis-proven conclusively let's see it, I sure haven't found anything.

I don't know where the drive to disregard the theory comes from other than it gives false hope to the Planet X crowd, the theory is still being actively pursued, has not been "dis-proven" in any way and in fact, the discovery of 2 other extra solar planets leads down the path to the expected result perfectly.

The star would not be visible in the human spectrum of sight and would not appear to be moving. No one, least of all me is claiming Nemesis was spotted visually in the S Pole. Something else was, what I have no clue.

Don't let your desire to shut down the planet X stuff blind you to everything or push you to make claims w/ no backing.

Hell, SETI still dedicates part of it's resources to scanning for Dyson Sphere's for Gods sake. (And found several candidates).
edit on 25-4-2012 by ecoparity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Incorrect. sorry:

Not only is the infra red observatory being used to actively scan for a nemesis type star.....

And:

...... there is still no viable solution for the 26 million year mass extinction cycle

Last MAJOR extinction event, about 65 Million years ago (give or take).....is known (or, accepted as a premise) to have been from a meteor impact...a LARGE meteor. 65 Million, divided by 26 Million = 2.5.

NOW.....if ANYONE thinks that a "26 Million-year" so-called cycle is a "problem"???

Well....just do some math.

IF the math is too "hard".....then, let's "presume" this "26 Million year" thing, OK??

65,000,000 years ago.....then, subtract 26,000,000 million years and you get? 39,000,000 years ago....keep going, by "26 Million year" increments? OK.....next "hit" is in (approximately) the year 13,000,000 A.D.

I think we're "OK"!!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

People are claiming to see Planet X/Nibiru/Cybertron because they WANT to see it. For whatever kooky personal reason, they want, ne NEED, there to be some catastrophic force approaching Earth to wipe out all the personal muck and mire they've gotten themselves into.

Nancy Leider is a charlatan cat lady who's found a way to make ducats off all the depressive loons whose lives have gone sideways and desperately need some sort of "end of the world" scenario to latch onto in the hopes that their credit card debt will be erased along with the rest of humanity.

It's all a fairytale. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Not only is the infra red observatory being used to actively scan for a nemesis type star, there is still no viable solution for the 26 million year mass extinction cycle other than cosmic events. If you have proof Nemesis has been dis-proven conclusively let's see it, I sure haven't found anything.

First, there is no direct evidence of a 26 million year cycle of mass extinctions. There are claims of such a cycle in reductions of fossil records of biodiversity (there are also claims of a 62 million year cycle). What this indicates is debatable.

Second, if it actually is an indication of global mass extinctions, it indicates that the source is not a distant solar companion.

In this sense we confirm the originally noted feature in the time series for extinction. However, we find that it displays extremely regular timing for about 0.5 Gy. The regularity of the timing compared with earlier calculations of orbital perturbation would seem to exclude the Nemesis hypothesis as a causal factor.

arxiv.org...

edit on 4/25/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Every reference to the theory being "dis-proven" is in fact a discussion about it not being able to be proven.

IRAS did not find it nor did a follow up study but neither of them had the sensitivity to detect a Brown Dwarf as cool and distant as Nemesis is postulated to be.

The WISE study has not been completed yet, if the results would be made public anyway.

So, the theory has NOT been dis-proven YET. It hasn't been proven but that's why it's called a theory - exactly as I've presented it.

The reason it's being discussed and popping up in documentaries again is because of the ongoing analysis of the WISE survey and current members of the field who seem to feel strongly it will indeed be found.

I wouldn't' count on having another 10 million years to worry, either. Something is causing our entire solar system to heat up, "global warming" should be re-termed "solar warming". Solar Max isn't peaking yet so that leaves some very interesting questions.

If you believe the thousands of reports, someone is doing a lot of tunnel building right now as well.

All very interesting....

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus

People are claiming to see Planet X/Nibiru/Cybertron because they WANT to see it. For whatever kooky personal reason, they want, ne NEED, there to be some catastrophic force approaching Earth to wipe out all the personal muck and mire they've gotten themselves into.

Nancy Leider is a charlatan cat lady who's found a way to make ducats off all the depressive loons whose lives have gone sideways and desperately need some sort of "end of the world" scenario to latch onto in the hopes that their credit card debt will be erased along with the rest of humanity.

It's all a fairytale. Sorry.

You are entitled to your opinion, at least the last time I checked, but who knows how long we will be able to say that.

There are a multitude of pictures and videos at the poleshift ning site, you are welcome to browse them.

It is extremely tragic, in fact horrific that billions will die, but the poleshift ning gives great advice about survival locations and general survival advice.

The next prediction is for a major adjustment of the New Madrid fault, as in well over 7 Mag, followed by another major EQ in Japan, which should happen over the next couple of months. If that happens I suggest you may want to revisit your opinion.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

The WISE study has not been completed yet, if the results would be made public anyway.

The WISE survey was completed.
The data is publicly available and I'm sure Matese and Whitmire are going over it with a fine toothed comb in search of their "Tyche", which supplanted their "Nemesis" when it became obvious it is very unlikely to exist.
wise2.ipac.caltech.edu...

The Solar System is not "warming up" but if it were, what does that have to do with Nemesis which supposedly causes a large influx of comets periodically?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I'm very familiar with that site. That's why I feel more than comfortable ridiculing the hell out of it.

Their photos are either photo-shopped or misinterpreted, they think the moon is upside down, that Nibiru is coming from the South, behind the sun, or wherever fits their theory at any given time. Basically, they're all over the place just because they WANT to believe. Start with the end product and work backwards trying to cram a square peg through a round hole.

You can give yourself the biggest ulcer ever conjured believing in it, so have at it. I won't worry because I've seen ZERO evidence of the g-damned thing's existence.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
It is extremely tragic, in fact horrific that billions will die, but the poleshift ning gives great advice about survival locations and general survival advice.

Please humor me and explain:

How do they know where to hide and what to do when this alleged planet will cause whatever it's allegedly going to cause? And when? How and when?

Please explain.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Planet X explains many things that are happening that can't otherwise be explained:

[binned blah blah blah hysteria]

6. Crop circles - many incredible huge intricate ones could only have been done by ET's warning us of the poleshift

I could have picked any of the ten listed but this one will do to snap off your training wheels.

Some of the most complex are man-made and if you don't believe me, then why not email Colin Andrews or view his website or any of a dozen+ recent videos. I stole the data from him.

Imagination is a fine thing. Imagination overburdened with wild-eyed enthusiasm colored by fanciful rhetoric and underscored with overzealousness will gain you a lot of derision and, potentially, a long casing of Thorazine.
edit on 25-4-2012 by AlchemicalBinoculars because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

The WISE survey was completed.
The data is publicly available and I'm sure Matese and Whitmire are going over it with a fine toothed comb in search of their "Tyche", which supplanted their "Nemesis" when it became obvious it is very unlikely to exist.
wise2.ipac.caltech.edu...

The Solar System is not "warming up" but if it were, what does that have to do with Nemesis which supposedly causes a large influx of comets periodically?

Funny, I just saw them quoted as saying that "Tyche" would cause disturbances but would not have enough gravitational mass to cause the same type of damage as Nemesis.

The WISE data was released in full just over a month ago, it still needs quite a bit of analysis.

Unfortunately, even a negative find in WISE won't disprove the theory, even more sensitive instruments are coming online which may be needed to find it. We don't even know what the temp of the star would be and WISE may not be sensitive enough.

There's also the Shiva hypothesis beyond that. What's the schedule on the next solar system pass through the Milky Way plane? Isn't that occurring about now?

Even the matter of mass extinction timelines is still actively debated. Depending on who you talk to, a Marine biologist or a paleontologist it's either a fact or may not be a fact. Take your pick...

As for the solar system heating, even that one's filled with suspicious skepticism. The Con arguments choose to focus on the "sun is heating up the entire solar system" theory which is false. The real discussions about this accept that the sun is NOT the source of the heating. They also like to pick at "not all the planets are warming", again, no one I know says they all are. It's not just Earth, however and if an external source was behind this, an extra solar source you'd probably see some bodies warming, others not which is what both sides will admit is the case.

I'm more interested in the star that's moving without a gravitational orbit heading our way, any of your sources talking about that at all, Phage?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlchemicalBinoculars

Planet X explains many things that are happening that can't otherwise be explained:

[binned blah blah blah hysteria]

6. Crop circles - many incredible huge intricate ones could only have been done by ET's warning us of the poleshift

I could have picked any of the ten listed but this one will do to snap off your training wheels.

Some of the most complex are man-made and if you don't believe me, then why not email Colin Andrews or view his website or any of a dozen+ recent videos. I stole the data from him.

Imagination is a fine thing. Imagination overburdened with wild-eyed enthusiasm colored by fanciful rhetoric and underscored with overzealousness will gain you a lot of derision and, potentially, a long casing of Thorazine.
edit on 25-4-2012 by AlchemicalBinoculars because: (no reason given)

Can't you make your point without being nasty? Would your counterargument be weak otherwise?

Everyone knows the manmade crop circles use for the most part straight lines and have no message, whereas the ET ones use mostly circles and impart a message about the effects Planet X is having and will have on the solar system.

psychedelicadventure.blogspot.ca...

Get a grip if you think these were made by duffouses with boards strapped to their feet.

Also, there are increase mass sightings of UFO's worldwide:

www.godlikeproductions.com...

I guess you didn't get the memo, but here you have two videos, first an ex Canadian Defense MINISTER talking about how ET's have been visiting us for 60+ years, and the next showing Mexican AIR FORCE footage on Fox News of their airforce chasing UFO's:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Last time I checked this wasn't the "Young Conservative Christians" website, so if talk of such things offends you maybe you should stop visiting this website.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by snarky412

Hells bells, Astronomers never decided what the definition of a planet was until 2006... better late than never I guess.

Not exactly. The definition was refined to exclude Pluto and to reclassify Pluto as being similar to other objects such as Sedna and Eris.

So I keep going back to the fact that as new discoveries are made, theories change and historians have a hell of a time re-writing the history books.....

You don't want to rewrite history. The history of science is fascinating. Theories do change. Sometimes they are replaced. Most times theories are refined. The theory in this case concerns the formation of the solar system. Up until recently the theory was based on a single example. As we learn more that theory will be refined or replaced.

Why do I feel like we're playing a word game here? Remember Bill Clinton with the " IT DEPENDS ON WHAT THE WORD IS, IS..."
That's what we are doing, splitting hairs over the wording even though we come to the same conclusion.

So basically, regardless of how you would like to word it, we are both in agreement that facts may change over time as new discoveries are made and hence, as you put it, " theories are refined or replaced".

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Even Matese & Whitmire have pretty much admitted that if Tyche is not found in the WISE data that it's pretty much done. Remember that it was through WISE that we were able to discover a star lightyears away that's temperature was less than a cup of coffee. If it doesn't turn up a planet in its own solar system it's not that it isn't sensitive enough. It's that the planet doesn't exist.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Matese & Whitmire are not the only scientists looking into Nemesis, I know of a half dozen who will still actively postulate the theory will be proven eventually.

I'll have to do some checking because for some reason I had the impression Tyche had been detected. I also have not read anything that supports your statement that without Tyche nemesis is done. Someone may have said it but that doesn't make it fact or even agreed upon by the entire community involved.

Also, it's not just about the temp, it's about the distance and how crowded the neighborhood is and with what type of neighbors. That's why more sensitive instruments and techniques may be required.

On an instinctive, personal level, I like the theory. It puts a lot of puzzle pieces into place.

Lastly, never forget - every scientific theory has been dismissed at some point. Until it's proven the mainstream will always take the position against. True scientists will suspend judgement and accept it as merely unproven without actively campaigning against a theory just because it hasn't been completely made fact, unfortunately we have an infection of pseudo skeptics these days who feel the need to hang Galileo.

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Even Matese & Whitmire have pretty much admitted that if Tyche is not found in the WISE data that it's pretty much done. Remember that it was through WISE that we were able to discover a star lightyears away that's temperature was less than a cup of coffee. If it doesn't turn up a planet in its own solar system it's not that it isn't sensitive enough. It's that the planet doesn't exist.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

reply to post by snarky412

This sounds like a one-sided decision to me.... who knows, it could change again when the next person has a whim say in another 20-30 years or so.

Have you read the definition? The definition concerns how a celestial body affects other bodies. It's not a whim. It is an effort in refining the definitions. Other definitions try to draw a line between a large gas giant and a small star.

Here is a link to the definition.
en.wikipedia.org...

Is this where you got your quotes?

www.space.com...

Man oh man, what is up with you??

You're the only one with the most " perfect' sources around..... I give up!!! This is ridiculous...

UNCLE.....YOU WIN!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I would just like to reiterate that I did not believe the video nor have I ever claimed to believe in a Planet X or Nibiru or what ever the hell one wants to call it.

Please don't confuse me with the poster. I just looked to see what it was, like many, being curious. And yes, it was bogas. If you read my earlier post at the beginning you would have read just that.

PEACE

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

How hard is this to comprehend>>>????

There is NO PLANET, SUN or ANYTHING that could "only" be seen from Antarctica....and "NOT" be seen from the OTHER occupied areas of the Southern Hemisphere!!!

I mean...it IS that, that, THAT simple!!!!

Just "ponder" it...for about five seconds....OK???

edit on Wed 25 April 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Can't you make your point without being nasty? Would your counterargument be weak otherwise?

I can't speak for anyone else, but it drives me crazy to deal with Nibiru Truthers because there's just no swaying their opinions. And that's ignorance.

The governments of the world could approach Nancy Leider and say "Hey Nanc, here' full clearance and access to all telescopes and equipment for as long as you need in order for you to see we're not hiding this preposterous idea of a Destroyer."

She could spend months going through everything with nary a whiff of Nibiru, and she'll STILL claim it exists.

And again, I can't speak for anyone else, but if someone shows me proof of this planet/brown dward/cellestial ninja, I'll concede. I'll concede openly and shamelessly. But Nancy and the Truthers won't. That's why I ridicule with all the vitriol I can muster.

Deny ignorance; don't make love to it.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

The use of Zetatalk and pole shift dot ning reminds of the following fake rejection letter which is probably more realistic than any of these other liks.

www.snopes.com...

The dentition pattern evident on the "skull" is more consistent with the common domesticated dog than it is with the "ravenous man-eating Pliocene clams" you speculate roamed the wetlands during that time.

We are particularly interested in hearing you expand on your theories surrounding the "trans-positating fillifitation of ferrous ions in a structural matrix" that makes the excellent juvenile Tyrannosaurus rex femur you recently discovered take on the deceptive appearance of a rusty 9-mm Sears Craftsman automotive crescent wrench.

The claims made about planet X remind me so much of this humorous letter.

People should go to Zetatalk and the Poleshift ning and decide for themselves - don't take my or your word on it.

Please show me the proof that geological poleshifts don't happen. People don't even have a solid theory on where the moon came from. You have a magic viewer that let's you see all of earth's 4.5 billion year history?

Zetatalk and Nancy have been bang on in hundreds of predictions. They explained why they gave a false date for 2003, and they said parts of Asia would sink UP TO 80ft, clearly implying that number is the maximum of the range and not the precise target of the prediction, as some coastal parts of SE Asia is now permanently flooded, albeit by a few meters.

Next on deck, major adjustment of the New Madrid fault, followed by another major EQ in Japan, these events will happen over the next few months.

1. Hilary Clinton recalled every ambassador and envoy last year, NEVER been done before.

2. We are on the verge of martial law - only makes sense if they know what is going to happen to the New Madrid.
3. FEMA camps across the country, many built where there have been NO natural disasters before, built to hold 100x more people than have been displaced by historical disasters like Katrina.

4. Huge increases in world tectonic activity, earthquakes, volcanoes, sinkholes, weird noises, fireballs, floods - all explained by the magnetic force of Planet X.

5. Huge animal die offs - explained by methane releases, birds are very sensitive (canary in the coal mine) and the screwed up magnetosphere.

7. Huge increase of UFO sightings around the world, again to warn us about dangerous areas, if you look at most areas where the UFO's are seen it is in coastal areas, near volcanoes, near fault lines

8. Unprecendented mass resignations of the world's top postions, there have been over 700 since the beginning of the year, in this terrible economy, usually there would be a couple dozen in a normal year.

Check it out for yourself people, DON'T take my word or anyones elses, two months ago I would have called myself crazy as well.

poleshift.ning.com...

edit on 25-4-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: Didn't write anything on first pass........

There is no "huge increase" in UFO sightings the only reason it looks like there is is because now people have a way of showing the world UFO sightings, the internet video camera's and phones are a major reason for this.

Nancy Lieber gave an explanation because she realized that she would be shown as a for less of a better world dumbass when her 2003 date was wrong, so she went with 2012 because that is the date people believe something big will happen.

We are not on the verge of martial law, show me 1 thing that says the US government is thinking about martial law.

Again huge increases in tectonic activity is not true, there a thousands of EQ's every year, same thing with volcanic eruptions, and floods. For the last 30 years NASA has been studying the spring fireball mystery and yes they don't have a answer but it is not because of Planet X.

The crop circle thing is msot of the intricate ones have been made by people while the simple circles are the ones people can't explain.

Zetatalk is filth and it breads fearmongering, nothing Nancy Lieber says is to be taken seriously IMO. The fact is there are terrible disastors all the time and you can't blame a Planet or Brown Dwarf for them, they are things that happen on earth.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join