It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whistleblower: Planet Seen From Antarctica

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Matese & Whitmire are not the only scientists looking into Nemesis, I know of a half dozen who will still actively postulate the theory will be proven eventually.

It would be weird if they were the only ones. Lots of people would love to be the discoverer of a new celestial body in our solar system.

Also, it's not just about the temp, it's about the distance and how crowded the neighborhood is and with what type of neighbors. That's why more sensitive instruments and techniques may be required.

So if a body is very far away, then it never gets closer. If it is really far away then it can't be affecting the Earth. Space out there is pretty empty.

Lastly, never forget - every scientific theory has been dismissed at some point. Until it's proven the mainstream will always take the position against. True scientists will suspend judgement and accept it as merely unproven without actively campaigning against a theory just because it hasn't been completely made fact, unfortunately we have an infection of pseudo skeptics these days who feel the need to hang Galileo.

All people are saying is that anything out there has to be very far away and small and it never enters the orbits of the known planets.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

By your logic Sedna shouldn't exist either, then. We found other planets much further away quite a while before it was found after all.

Sedna, Eris, and Pluto are very small and they were found as well as other smaller objects in the Kuiper belt survey. Objects that small are small compared to our Moon and yet you think a brown dwarf is somehow going to avoid detection.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
It worries me when you make statements like "it's far away and will never enter the Earth's region".

That's not what the premise of the theory is, the theory is that it disrupts comets in the oort cloud and sends them into an impact path w/ the Earth. I never said the star itself would come close to Earth.

You also made a comment about Nemesis having an elliptic orbit. That's also not part of the theory and if you want an example of a planet that IS in a highly eccentric orbit that remains consistent there's Sedna.

Between that and the posters who fail to understand that multiple conversations can take place in a thread and that I not only said no planet x was spotted from the S Pole but also that the photo / video evidence in this thread and several others are all faked - little wonder so many threads on ATS descend into chaos.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Not only is the infra red observatory being used to actively scan for a nemesis type star, there is still no viable solution for the 26 million year mass extinction cycle other than cosmic events. If you have proof Nemesis has been dis-proven conclusively let's see it, I sure haven't found anything.

I don't know where the drive to disregard the theory comes from other than it gives false hope to the Planet X crowd, the theory is still being actively pursued, has not been "dis-proven" in any way and in fact, the discovery of 2 other extra solar planets leads down the path to the expected result perfectly.

The star would not be visible in the human spectrum of sight and would not appear to be moving. No one, least of all me is claiming Nemesis was spotted visually in the S Pole. Something else was, what I have no clue.

Don't let your desire to shut down the planet X stuff blind you to everything or push you to make claims w/ no backing.

Hell, SETI still dedicates part of it's resources to scanning for Dyson Sphere's for Gods sake. (And found several candidates).

1. WISE is no longer functioning
2. The 26My claim was dropped a long time ago
3. Planet X was disproved in 1989
4. Any unknown planets in our solar system must be very far away and never enter the orbits of the known planets
5. Any companion star to our Sun would move due to parallax issues

1.WISE is in hibernation, the full data from the survey was released a bit over a month ago and is still being analyzed.

2.No, that's not true - no one disagrees that mass extinction events took place on a 26m year cycle. What they disagree on are other, smaller events and claims that those somehow negate the larger ones. The land scientists still support the 26m, the marine scientists do not, why? Because they found two different results at different times which actually fits, IMO. Why would a mass extinction event, even a comic strike impact species in the Ocean and on land equally and at the same times? It wouldn't. No one has conclusively dis proven the theory to everyone's satisfaction, however - it's still debated. As always the view you get will depend on the source and which position they happen to take.

3. Maybe, maybe not, I'm not really a planet X fan, actually.

4. Based on our current data I guess you could say that. We can't rule out future possibilities.

5. That would be another theory I guess but not one that's proven and I'm not sure it would apply in the case of Nemesis anyway.

Most of the stars in our known Universe are binary systems. That would tend to rule out all the arguments made why Nemesis can't exist. It CAN exist, until the WISE data is completely analyzed we really don't know. As I mentioned previously, even then we still need more sensitive surveys to make a final, end all conclusion on it.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

It worries me when you make statements like "it's far away and will never enter the Earth's region".

That's not what the premise of the theory is, the theory is that it disrupts comets in the oort cloud and sends them into an impact path w/ the Earth. I never said the star itself would come close to Earth.

Ok. So whatever is mentioned in the OP cannot have anything to do with this Tyche claim. Nemesis on the other hand was supposed to be on a highly elliptical orbit. BTW, neither of these are a star.

You also made a comment about Nemesis having an elliptic orbit. That's also not part of the theory and if you want an example of a planet that IS in a highly eccentric orbit that remains consistent there's Sedna.

Sedna is not a planet. It's not a stable orbit as pointed out by Brown. The problem with a highly eccentric orbit is that it cannot have a stable orbit such as one that is 26My. I did not say there could not be a highly eccentric orbit. It's the cyclic nature that cannot be stable.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

1.WISE is in hibernation, the full data from the survey was released a bit over a month ago and is still being analyzed.

Agreed. WISE ran out of coolant, but some of the instruments continued to provide useful data until the craft was shutdown.

2.No, that's not true - no one disagrees that mass extinction events took place on a 26m year cycle.

It is true. The 26My cycle was reconsiderd and then seen to be 54My and then was it 68My before it was dropped. Although Melott and Bambach propose a very regular 27My cycle other do not.

3. Planet X was a search based on perturbationsof the outer gas giants. When those perturbations were seen to be due to an incorrect mass for Neptune the search for Planet X went away.

5. That would be another theory I guess but not one that's proven and I'm not sure it would apply in the case of Nemesis anyway.

The distance to nearby stars is measured with parallax. Any companion star would also should movement due to parallax since it would be closer.

Most of the stars in our known Universe are binary systems. That would tend to rule out all the arguments made why Nemesis can't exist. It CAN exist, until the WISE data is completely analyzed we really don't know. As I mentioned previously, even then we still need more sensitive surveys to make a final, end all conclusion on it.

If Nemesis is a star it has to be small. Were it large enough to emit light, then whole sky surveys would have picked it up long ago. Remember that parallax issue? So it has to be tiny. Most stars like ours do not have brown or red dwarf companions. Less than half of stars like ours have companions. The issue is about stars like ours, not stars in general.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Most of the stars in our known Universe are binary systems.

That's quite a bold statement since we can't really discern individual stars in other galaxies or even at distant regions of our own. But in our Galaxy most systems are probably not binary or multiple.

In this Letter I compare recent findings suggesting a low binary star fraction for late-type stars with knowledge concerning the forms of the stellar initial and present-day mass functions for masses down to the hydrogen-burning limit. This comparison indicates that most stellar systems formed in the Galaxy are likely single and not binary, as has been often asserted. Indeed, in the current epoch two-thirds of all main-sequence stellar systems in the Galactic disk are composed of single stars. Some implications of this realization for understanding the star and planet formation process are briefly mentioned.

iopscience.iop.org...

It actually seems that the odds are not that good that the Sun has a stellar companion. In our "neighborhood" only 33% of the sun-like stars are binary and the majority of those systems consist of stars of similar types (sun-like stars have sun-like companions). Recent studies show that the odds go down, way down, when considering a brown dwarf as a binary companion. Brown dwarfs tend to have brown dwarfs for companions, sun-like stars have sun-like stars.

So if it does turn out that if our star has a brown dwarf as a companion it would be out of the norm. While it is possible, it is unlikely, and there is scant evidence to support the existence of such an object.

edit on 4/26/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Great video of Planet X!!!!!!!!

www.youtube.com...

I think we still have a couple of months.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Can you be more specific?

I want to mark my calendar so I can come back after YOUR SPECIFIC expiration date and let you know what I think of your fear-mongering.

Though I suspect you will have created a new username by that point. Maybe "Nibiru Bar & Grill" or "Planet X Games" or somesuch and claim that the 2012 arrival date was just intentional disinfo (like 2003) in order to trick TPTB into god-knows-what.

What a load.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Another hoax. Who have thought that someone would be posting yet another hoax video. Hard to believe isn't it?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

www.youtube.com...

I also love how you Truthers can't keep your stories straight.

Here we thought Planet X can only be seen from Antarctica but this douche in Scotland was able to catch it on film?

L...O....L.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus

www.youtube.com...

I also love how you Truthers can't keep your stories straight.

Here we thought Planet X can only be seen from Antarctica but this douche in Scotland was able to catch it on film?

L...O....L.

No, its the earth's Dark Twin that can only be seen from Antartica, at least recently.

Planet X is coming from the general direction of the Sun to us, as seen in the video.

Just trying to give folks a heads up, as opposed to what the government and NASA or doing.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

No, its the earth's Dark Twin

Now WE have a twin?

Please stop. Just stop.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by snarky412

So basically, regardless of how you would like to word it, we are both in agreement that facts may change over time as new discoveries are made and hence, as you put it, " theories are refined or replaced".

What I find troubling is suggestions that history books need to be rewritten or science is found to wrong. That is not what happens.

As I said before, tit for tat....

You say "refined"....
I said "rewritten"....

Is there really a difference, really?

It's kinda like this silly example:

"the cat is sitting NEAR the chair" .....versus....
"the cat is CLOSE to the chair" .....get it?

2 different words that have the same meaning.
That's what you are doing when I say you are playing a word game.

Yes, as time goes by, new discoveries are made and other theories may get "refined".
And at some time, with the new discoveries, history books have to be kept up to date on any changes, that's what I meant. How else are the young kids of today going to learn the latest discoveries?

This is kinda silly, I know, but remember when they thought the world was flat at one time?! Well.....
Just saying......

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Because the Government and NASA will have a lot to benefit from the end of the world.

Also what government are we talking about the US? All?

So the suns dark twin can only be seen from the south pole? and Planet X everywhere?

Well please look at a ball directly from the bottom, what do you see? you can see the entire southern hemisphere of the ball. Just like if something was approaching from the south the ENTIRE southern hemisphere would be able to see it.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Planet X is coming from the general direction of the Sun to us, as seen in the video.

Can't hide behind the Sun.
No gravity effects on other objects therefore no planet sized mass.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by caf1550
So the suns dark twin can only be seen from the south pole? and Planet X everywhere?

No, the Earth's twin is the South Pole one.

Planet X is all over the place.

Duh.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

You say "refined"....
I said "rewritten"....

No. You said history books would be rewritten. I said theories are refined. Very different.

"the cat is sitting NEAR the chair" .....versus....
"the cat is CLOSE to the chair" .....get it?

That's not what happened and you know it.

And at some time, with the new discoveries, history books have to be kept up to date on any changes, that's what I meant.

And there you express it again.

This is kinda silly, I know, but remember when they thought the world was flat at one time?!

That was long before science. It is still used today when laying out buildings. No one surveys a lot for a new construction and uses a round Earth model to do it.
edit on 26-4-2012 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Wow! Thanks for sharing. Its scary that the NWO who run the world would keep this kind of thing secret from us. Does anyone know if that planet is approaching Earth? It could be the end of us in a few weeks.....

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
There is already a thread about what happens when an object approaches the South Pole.

Can an object approaching the South Pole be hidden from prying eyes

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join