It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am so strapped for cash guess what I did?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

You got 2 kids and a wife to think about

And that's why the safe would've been cracked, if that was me.
If I have to steal a loaf of bread and go to jail so my children can eat, I'll be living behind iron bars.
But that's just me though.
I bet the bookies generate enough money to give you a pay rise, where's the honor in that?
Get yours, for you and yours, and that's how my cookie crumbles.
edit on 21-4-2012 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Have you tried Gamblers Anonymous. My friend went because he was betting insane amounts of money and in the end he was calling his bookie in his hall closet to hide it from his family. He started going to GA and hasnt gambled in two years. He said its been great to meet people who gambled desperately like he did because few understand outside of GA. Anyways I figured I'd let you know you don't have to go through this alone.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I'm so happy that you didn't do it. Makes me think of my husband. I know if it were that bad he'd be so tempted to go back to old ways, but you're family will be worse off if you're in prison. I hope things get better for you.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

you know there could now be an incident of the place getting tobbed, and guess who is first suspect on their mind now? You, buddy. You set it up for someone else to be greedy.
Now, everyone back off of him, stop trying to condemn him to the "people's hell". Nice words, nice advice, helpful experiences, anything that lead a person into a better path in life.
So many times people come in here and just slam people with their typed words. Let me ask you something smartypants, would you be so free with your words face-to-face? I gotta say that if you saw me-9 times out of 10, no you would not say crazy, rude, angry things to me face-to-face. I just know, believe me. And I know I would never e so freely wordy face-to face with someone I do not know either.
You are not so dignified with your shield to protect your idenity.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Not only are you a horrible gambler.

You are even a worse thief.

Just Kidding....You did the right thing.

That's rare these days.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
OP, you did the right thing.

A wrong decision in a case like that can lead to a lifetime of regret.

"Some mistakes we never stop paying for." - Roy Hobbs, The Natural
edit on 4/21/2012 by Leftist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

All I see is a good guy trying to support his family who was tempted. You done the right thing, BTW. We all get tempted from time to time. I don't know what it's like where you live but where I live a lot of people struggle every day. If someone here is lucky enough to get a job at one of the coal mines then they got it made and live a decent life, that is, if they don't get hurt or killed(coal mining is one of the worlds deadliest jobs), but Obama has destroyed the coal mining industry along with all of his green buddies.

Since Obama took office it has really gotten bad here. People are selling pills left and right just to make ends meet. Most of the time that there's a bust, 99% of the dealers are from Detroit or Chicago. If what you're doing isn't working then grab the bull by the horns and try something else. It's scary but it's better than becoming a drug dealer or a thief and living life in the prison system away from the fam.. Right & wrong, these days, is a narrow line and one constantly needs to keep balance and not fall into the cesspool of wrong. Good luck to you & your family. It'll all work out.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I understand you perfectly. I was the victim of an online scam a few months back and this week some Nigerian tosser has been trying to rip me off too (long story) but tonight I was fuming and swore to my kids I'm going to rob something from the rich pretty soon because I'm so mad at everything and fed up being poor.

You did the right thing, exactly what I would have done. But oooh, the temptation...
edit on 10-5-2012 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Well I happen to know the code to a safe in a UK bookmakers (betting shop) as I have seen them enter the code 3 times. I am desperate at the moment for cash due to serous financial problems and all of this time I have been sitting there knowing this code. It has been eating away at me, knowing that I could break in empty the safe in 60 seconds and get away, likely scott free knowing UK policing standards. This has been going on for weeks, chipping away and I even got to the point where I cased my route and came up with a plan. I bought a wreaking bar and some gloves for the "heist" and it has been working away at me. However I am an honest guy and I do not break laws like this and steel from people. I nearly did it tonight, I got in my car and went to my rondevous and I got there and I thought what the hell are you doing. You got 2 kids and a wife to think about, your even less good inside than you are broke.

So I comes home, I get on live chat to said betting shop and I turn myself in, well not admit to any crime because I haven't done one. But I told them I was very tempted and explained that I know the code to the safe and please to change it and train their staff at being better not to tell you it.

just thought I would share this, yes this is what Brtain is driving its every day law abiding hard working citizens to. Screw ytou UK government, you have ruined my life.

you should watch the zeigeist addendum movie

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
this reminds me i used to know someone which is jobless, he got a wife and a young toddler. what he did for a living or if theres no money to pay rent he would go rob someone. hes casual drug user and sometimes is not like normal people and act impulsively

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join