It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am so strapped for cash guess what I did?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Well I happen to know the code to a safe in a UK bookmakers (betting shop) as I have seen them enter the code 3 times. I am desperate at the moment for cash due to serous financial problems and all of this time I have been sitting there knowing this code. It has been eating away at me, knowing that I could break in empty the safe in 60 seconds and get away, likely scott free knowing UK policing standards. This has been going on for weeks, chipping away and I even got to the point where I cased my route and came up with a plan. I bought a wreaking bar and some gloves for the "heist" and it has been working away at me. However I am an honest guy and I do not break laws like this and steel from people. I nearly did it tonight, I got in my car and went to my rondevous and I got there and I thought what the hell are you doing. You got 2 kids and a wife to think about, your even less good inside than you are broke.

So I comes home, I get on live chat to said betting shop and I turn myself in, well not admit to any crime because I haven't done one. But I told them I was very tempted and explained that I know the code to the safe and please to change it and train their staff at being better not to tell you it.

just thought I would share this, yes this is what Brtain is driving its every day law abiding hard working citizens to. Screw ytou UK government, you have ruined my life.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Damn you should of done it and shared the wealth with... ME! lol

Nah, you did the right thing. Especially as you have kids. I know what you're saying and I'm in a remotely similar circumstance though what I'm doing is morally justifiable. I can't go into it for obvious reasons.

If you drive why don't you trade your car in for a van and do some removals or something? People always want stuff moved about.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Flags a plenty to you! You thought what I think almost all of us would...whether admitted or not. You even went right up to the edge of DOING it..and again, I'll bet many of us would (admitted or not). Then, by my take, what makes you a person with values and character took over and did the right thing before a line was crossed you couldn't come back from.

That's as much an inspirational story as an example of how bad things have become in society today. S/F for sharing and not giving in to such a juicy temptation! (the bookies may have done very very nasty things about it too, of course.. lol)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

"Thank you ladies and gentleman, we've now arrived at the moment you've all been waiting for. The winner of this [insert time frame here]'s ATS Honest Citizen With A Twist Award is...... michael1983l! Yay!"

[insert appropriate cheering or other sound effect here]
edit on 20/4/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

I have to do a 70 mile round trip to work and work 12 hour shifts. I barely have enough time to see the kids for a few hours a week when they not sleeping. I wish I had the time to do something like that. At the minute we have only one realistic option on the table and that is find a job abroad in a country where cost of living is cheaper. I am a relatively niche type of engineer so shouldn't find it too difficult to get a job abroad, the secret is getting your foot in the door to get them to take a chance on you. I am working on it as we speak.

My future in the UK is pretty bleak though as I am classed as a lower middle income earner yet my wage doesn't spread past the basics.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

It is certainly not just your country. How does a country reach 16 TRILLION debt while it is taxing even the tips off hard working low paid waitresses and taxing the taxes. We give give give and they waste waste waste and we have nothing to show for hard labor.
I am really sure committing crimes is not the answer, but I sure don't know what is. I see people traveling in hard rain down pours in the cold by bicycle because they have no money for gas anymore. Life has not much fun in it lately.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I'm kind of lost as to why you admitted you were tempted to rob the safe? Wouldn't they relieve you of your employment at that time? Strange.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

I do not work there. I am in effect doing them a favour so they can improve their practices and remove the temptation for me at the same time. If I do not know the code, I will not think about doing the desperate and taking the money. HELL they may even reward my honesty with a reward. I highly doubt it given the type of organisation but pigs might just fly.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
One time I admitted to wanting to commit a felony on this forum I went to and I got a bunch of flags and stars.

It was a good day.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Robbing the betting shop would have been your worst mistake ever. Kids with no daddy. Wife with no support. It doesn't matter if you grow up in the Western world or in any other part of the planet. Life IS hard. Doesn't matter where you are. BUT you gotta make what you can of it. We're all in this together, so to speak. The elite are not going to help us so we must help ourselves.

How does that old saying go? "Life gave me a basket of lemons; well lets make some lemonade."

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Glad to hear these bad times were not able to turn you into a bad person. I always remind myself that I have to wake up everyday and be ok with who I am and the things I have done. Things have been so bad for so long I am sure there are some folks out there that will not have be as strong as you have been. sometimes it feels like some sort of nasty test that just gets harder and harder the longer it drags on. Hang tough OP it cant be total crap all the time.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

What do you mean? You don't have the time because of your job. Well, quit? I take it your wage must be pretty good. So perhaps you are living above your means? Maybe it is just a lifestyle change you need?

Personally I have 3 kids and I couldn't do something that kept me away from them. Why would I have kids if I was to hardly see them?

I have a friend who works on film sets doing security, he clears a £1000 a week! Yeah that's great! But he doesn't see his kids! He's away for a week or a month at a time! His kids have all the latest gadgets though! Not that they have any respect for them! One time I helped him put a football stadium mural up for his son, he walked in and barely raised an eyebrow! He has piles of toys strewn about the floor half broken and forgotten. What an ungrateful little brat! I'm not saying this is your situation btw.

I couldn't live like that personally, I'd rather be poor and spend time with my family. My kids are not lavished with gifts but they are lavished with our time! We home educate too. When they do get a gift they appreciate it. But more than anything they love us being around for them.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

If you are so strapped for cash, with a wife and two kids, why are you betting so often that you have seen the code 3 times?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

edit on 20-4-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme

If you are so strapped for cash, with a wife and two kids, why are you betting so often that you have seen the code 3 times?

I knew that question would arise and I am glad you have asked it. Some time back in April 2011 it became apparent that I could no longer support my family + my fanancial comitments on my wage. It wasn't that my wage had gone down it was the fact that it was not stretching anywhere near as far as it used to. At this point I became mrbidly depressed and started thearapy, I was initially given some medication that to be frank exaggerated my moods and made me ultra impulsive. This lead me to gambling, partly because I was desperate and saw it as a possible sollution and partly because the high offered by this was addictive when your all round mood is constantly so low. Anyway at the time I was in the mindset, what have I got to lose. It turns out a hell of a lot actually.

I take councilling and see a psychologist but I still sometimes fall to this problem. I think these days it is more to do wit the fact I know I do not have enough money to buy food for the whole month yet I make foolish decisions hoping I will get lucky and win enough to eat. I realise this sounds crazy and I know it is, I know that people who have not been a victim to this particular problem will struggler to understand. It makes me sick, I want to beat the # out of myself after every time I do it, but it happens from time to time and I have to accept that I am trying my best to see this demon off. The helpline is of no help so I am having to deal with this alone. It is not something your family take very kindly too so I have to deal with it alone. I will beat it, but I need to beat my situation first as that is what is causing the main temptation. I never gambled before my finances collapsed funnily enough.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

Your not being rude. I also think that people that gamble are idiots. I am an idiot. Gambling is not the route of my problems though, gambling is a result of my failure to keep supporting my family as I should.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa
yeah i dont buy that your a hard up family man. sounds like you spend to much time in the bookmakers.

sorry to be rude, but i think people that gamble are idiots.
edit on 20-4-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

Not only rude, but insensitive and judgemental.

Kudos.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

I have to do a 70 mile round trip to work and work 12 hour shifts. I barely have enough time to see the kids for a few hours a week when they not sleeping. I wish I had the time to do something like that. At the minute we have only one realistic option on the table and that is find a job abroad in a country where cost of living is cheaper. I am a relatively niche type of engineer so shouldn't find it too difficult to get a job abroad, the secret is getting your foot in the door to get them to take a chance on you. I am working on it as we speak.

My future in the UK is pretty bleak though as I am classed as a lower middle income earner yet my wage doesn't spread past the basics.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

www.kalzumeus.com...

Hey!
Come to Australia - check out the links, you know you want to

Oh, and your honesty is applauded too.
Good yarn mate

Wag

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by reclaimed

He didn't do it though, and he even called and warned the shop.

What are you, the thought police?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join