It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreclosure - I am Losing My Home Today

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
A bankrupsy court may allow you to do a "in deed of lieu" which would free you from any further financial obligation to the house.

But by all means, get a lawyer.

Good luck and God bless.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smitty5150
Man, I don't even know what to say! I live in a rent house and when I read these stories about homeowners losing houses it scares the crap out of me. My wife and I are currently looking to buy and every time I read something like this I get more and more scared to get into something longterm like that....we pretty much live paycheck to paycheck and if something were to happen to either one of us such as a medical issue, we would be out on the street in no time. I'm keeping you in my prayers and sending good thoughts your way!

I can honestly say after owning a home it is cheaper to rent. Find a nice rent house in a descent area with affordable rent and sign a long term lease and once the landlord is comfortable with you, you will never see them and all is fine. You can update things if you want, and as long as you treat the property good the landlord will let you do pretty much whatever you want within reason. The best part is you dont have to pay property tax, renters insurance is dirt cheap, you dont have to fix the A/C unit when it dies, or the hot water tank or anything else for that matter. I usually fix little stuff myself and leave the landlord alone. I read an article a year two or maybe more ago about how a lot of people are figuring it out that it is cheaper to rent than to own. Obviously you are gaining no equity but who does anymore anyway? This is the age of refinancing and people never really pay houses off hardly.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

Sorry to hear about your struggles my friend. best wishes to you and yours. I am looking at being on the street myself very soon if something doesn't break. I have been selling off my belongings to keep my head above water. The funny thing is the more I get rid of the better I feel. I now realize there is nothing holding me here anymore i am free to go in any direction. I am not afraid anymore because hey, what have I got left to loose. Next bad patch I am selling off what little I have left tp pay to renew my passport and them maybe I will immigrate elsewhere. The world is my oyster. If only I could figure out how to open it. Wishing you better times and spitting in the general direction of the vultures that are circling.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear of your problems and give you a hug. I wish you and your family all the best.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I wish I could help you and your family somehow. Words really aren't enough. Hugs and prayers to you.

One thought- write an editorial letter to your newspaper or contact your local news station. Our area has a segment where the reporters investigate situations like yours. It can stir up enough negative publicity for the bank that they back down.

Good luck, let us know what happens.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I am so sorry to hear about that. I hope, and am about to pray, that your family gets some help, and relief.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Burn it to the ground!! If I can't live there no one can. I think everyone who is getting forclosed shouod burn their home to the ground. Let them pick up the pieces.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I'm just curious, If they foreclose. Do they bring in guys to drag you out?

If not, just tell them to go fly a kite

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I have heard that in order to legally foreclose a home they must have your original signature from your original loan. In most cases your bank sells the loan several times over and producing the original signature is impossible. I heard this is one way to legally fight foreclosure. Not sure if its true just something I heard. I wish you and yours the best of luck.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Tell you right now, if I was booted out of my home I payed 3/4 of because I was late 2 payments out of the past 20 plus years.

There would just be a smoldering pile of nothing for them to sell.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Look to see who holds the title to the property. The odds are great that the mortgager does not possess the title. The odds are even greater the title was not and is not a clean title. Many mortgage backed securities were bought and sold repeatedly and were not secure. Adverse possession will be the only way to clear the title of these properties.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Sorry hear hear one of my favorite poster's has been struggling.

I just talked to my buddy's husband. He is in the financial sector and said that there has been federal government on-going investigation in exactly this type of situation. He did not remember whether it was US Senate or US House of Representatives. He recommended that you contact both your US Senators and US Congressman and tell them your story. He said his sister went through something similar and was able to get a monetary settlement. They won't be able to give you your house back if someone else is living in it, of course, but you may have time since this is just now happening. He thinks that they will be very willing to help since it is an election year.

I would do that ASAP. I tried to dig a little for you. These links may be a starting place. I'm not sure if this is what he was talking about or not:

Federal Government Moves Towards Mortgage Fraud Settlement With Banks That Still Refuse To Play By The Rules

sunstateactivist.org... rules/

and another..

Political Push Moves a Deal on Mortgages Inches Closer

www.nytimes.com...

The only other thing I can think of it to take the story to a local TV station. Nobody wants bad press and yours is a true hard luck/got screwed story.

I will pray for your whole family. Hope your son gets better real soon.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by mytheroy

Or if the house is on a concrete slab, get a concrete saw and cut up the slab, making sure you also cut the pipes under the concrete. Concrete gets very expensive.

edit on 19-4-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

The situation is bad, but don't make it worse by being sent to prison for destruction of property.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I cannot begin to tell you how much better I feel after reading each and every word of all your posts. I was working all day and could not check any sooner.

What strikes me is variety of emotions I have experienced over the last few days. For the most part, my wife and I have reacted stoically. We've known this day would come. We've been through an awful lot during our 19 year marriage and somehow we continue to wake up to another day.

I tend to get very emotional when I think about the unfairness, deceit and greed of the banks. It evokes strong desires for revenge. As a contractor with decades of experience, I know how to render the house inhabitable very discreetly. I can't tell you how many ideas I've had.

Then my sense of honor and morals kick in and a battle rages in my mind fueled by rationalizations and the wish to bring light to the situation. As the rage builds, the devil perched on my left shoulder naturally searches for additional fuel to let the self-righteousness take over.

Politicians have sunk lower than the flattened belly of a slug on subway track. I consider them lower than the amoral, psychopaths running Goldman Sachs. At some level there is an expectation of politicians to subordinate their personal desires to that of the greater good.

As I desperately search for meaning in this world, some childish part of my ego expects a politician or bureaucrat to come to the rescue of citizens like me. As I catch myself fantasizing and realize there is no "Mr. Smith" in Washington, DC or any other town, I wish to bring back the guilotine and scream "Off with their heads," just as Barney Frank's fat lisping toungue projects the final ball of spittle on to the lens of a news camera covering the justice. For it was Fat Boy Frankie who lead the charge to gut the regulators under the Clinton administration.

Deep in my soul, I believe everything happens for a reason. Whether I can see it now or must wait for judgement day when my life story plays out in front of me, someday I will understand why. I hope to live that long and hope to see the day when the money changers and crooked representatives get thei just deserts.

Finally, I must say that my desire for something has become something of an obsession. I have found myself looking for any information about the "Mass Arrests" reading and re-reading posts about Drake and Wilcock and Nesara, even the Galactic Channeling. It's not healthy.

I must focus on taking care of my family, finding a new home, a better job, perhaps my life's purpose? God bless you all. Thanks again. Believe it or not, despite my looks and rage, I really do have an enormous capacity for love and gratitude. Love to all my friends.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
My sympathies are with you.

I'm fighting to save my home right now - similar story to those already posted. I was less than three months behind- but the bank held one of my payments in order to put me into default and then extorted over 5K from me, which should have cleared the default but they refused to let me go back to making regular payments. Then the usual chain of events with the modification that they have no intention of making, and so on.

Anyway, very long story. I'm suing the bank under consumer protection law and breach of contract. Just got shut down by a crooked federal judge who refused to hear the case, so we're now trying to appeal. There have been some interesting and encouraging precedent cases coming down- I would strongly advise anybody suffering in these circumstances to check out two sites- foreclosurehamlet and msfraud for breaking news.

Anyone actually in the process of suing the banks, please send a message to me- we're all looking for possibilities of class action and swapping strategy.

Best of luck to all of you, and warm wishes for justice for us all.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
zarp3333

I'm so sorry you're having such a bad time.It is getting harder for everyone to survive i know im just living paycheck to paycheck ..Pease get a lawyer and have him im look into whats going on ..I just don't know what to say its all so heartbreaking this economy has greatly impacted everyone..You and your family in my thoughts and prayers ..
peace and hugs sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I lost my house in 2007, pretty straight forward, private mortgage, and after I got hurt, couldn't make the payments, the wife and I signed a quit claim on it. That being said:

I work for a CPA that does audits for a company that makes "Hard Money" loans. In that effort, I have done a lot of title searches and in most cases find they cannot be verified. Force you mortgage company to produce the documents, don't move until the sheriff shows up, don't bank your money, keep it in cash or prepaid debit, the big bank are crooked, do what you can to protect yourself. If you don't want to suffer the embarasament of eviction, I think every state in the Union, you have to have at least three days. Stay there until you get the eviction notice, rent free, and then bail.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
So sorry about your situation. Sending good thoughts and wishes your way. And I agree with smyleegirl -

One thought- write an editorial letter to your newspaper or contact your local news station. Our area has a segment where the reporters investigate situations like yours. It can stir up enough negative publicity for the bank that they back down.

A bank evicting a family with a sick child should garner major backlash. If you can get any kind of press coverage go for it.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I sometimes ponder whether I will keep my faith in humanity, I fear the answer is no, then I re-read your story and feel your kindness, and I know I Won't. I wish you all the strength you and yours need brother!

V

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill
Burn it to the ground!! If I can't live there no one can. I think everyone who is getting forclosed shouod burn their home to the ground. Let them pick up the pieces.

I got out of that same situation before foreclosure. Sold my house in 3 months.

Don't "burn it to the ground", you might affect neighbors. Go Little House on the Prairie on them...

start at 3:45 on...

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join