It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreclosure - I am Losing My Home Today

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+76 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Some of you may remember my pleas for prayers two years ago when my 4 month old son came down with a mysterious liver disease. In spite of being insured, medical bills overwhelmed us. My wife was nursing my son at the time and joined him in the hospital as he was turned into a baby blood donor for round the clock tests.

During the month long hospitalization, my wife did not work much. She would leave the hospital to see her speech-therapy clients when the baby passed out. She was unable to work full-time in the weeks to follow.

We missed two mortgage payments. We called PNC Bank and offered to send future payments. Our family, friends and church offered financial support. PNC refused to accept payments. They said we defaulted but would consider a mortgage modification.

After numerous "failed attempts," they kept losing our documents, we hired professional document preparers. Every couple of months they would ask for new pay stubs. We sent the last request for info 5 days late Suddenly, they said too bad and sent notice of foreclosure.

It's obvious they never had any intention of modifying our mortgage. We only lasted so long out of their guilt of booting 7 people to the curb.

The part that really chaps my ass is that I was ignorant of the law. PNC would have been forced to reinstate our loan had I sent the payments.

To add further insult to our pain, we have come to realize that CraigsList has been taken over by scammers. I saw many listings in the DC area with the phone number. They advertise lists of homes on pre-foreclosure lists as "rentals." after you pay a fee, they expect you to knock on doors and offer to take over mortgage payments.

There are also Nigerians listing "rentals" demanding payments sent to Nigeria. And, BTW, to pay no attention to For Sale sign in the yard or any people who may be inside. They are agents who just got fired.

Has all integrity been lost? Has everybody sold out? I feel all alone as if nobody let me in on a joke as I sit here thinking "Hey dumbass, nice guys finish last. The jokes on you a-hole."

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Same thing happened to me a couple of years ago with green tree servicing. Got behind on a couple of payments, tried to modify our mortgage, they said they never got the paper work back which they did, then gave us a huge figure to save the house which we came up with and then they said they don't know where we got that number but we would need 3 times that amount to save it which we didn't have and couldn't get. We talked to one of those mortgage places that specializes in saving foreclosures and they said it was a slam dunk but it turned out it wasnt. We were told that we had too much equity in our home and that green tree wanted it. They bought the house themselves at sheriffs sale and made us move out. Gotta love how that works out. So they basically got to keep our equity and re sell the home. Double profit. I feel for you man. That was one of the worst and most humiliating times in my life.

+20 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This could happen to any one of us. We are, most of us. one paycheck from the street. I am so sorry, and that is so inadequate. I will pray for you and your family.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
You are correct. They never had any intent (IMO) of modifying your loan. Lost paperwork is a common excuse.
I have seen this before.
Get a lawyer. Now.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I know it sucks, just went through it myself recently. But I had planned for it and it ended up being a strategic default in my case.

Never the less, DO NOT vacate that property until the sheriff comes and serves you the notice. DO NOT give in to the banks demands and scare tactics, possession is nine tenths of the law. For every day that you are in that property it costs the bank money, and that is a good thing. It is possible however, that they just sell it at auction to another person, in that case do what you feel is the right thing to do as it will not be the bank you will be dealing with then.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Dude that totally sucks

I know how it is losing a home, on your last days in the house be sure to leave them a money pit lol

Use gorilla glue in every keyhole and electric outlet. Then use cement down all the drains, and down in the septic tank if hooked up to one. And any improvements you've made if possible take with you.

AAAHHHHH revenge.

But that's me lol
edit on 19-4-2012 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
You have my sympathy for your predicimate. Seems the predators are circling. The law is never on your side, and the banker scum can do what they want.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

Or if the house is on a concrete slab, get a concrete saw and cut up the slab, making sure you also cut the pipes under the concrete. Concrete gets very expensive.

edit on 19-4-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I'm so sorry to hear zarp.

I wish I had a bundle of cash, because I would buy your home and give it back to you, no cost.

I suggest getting a lawyer this very second, and don't leave your home until the cops show up.

The banking system needs to burn. There are too many stories like this out in the world. One paycheck or major illness away from losing a home is ridiculous. It's bullpoo.
banks

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

-TS

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
If they are gonna boot you out then trash the place. Riddle the walls with holes and strip out the cabinets. Damn crooks....

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Contact the ACLU and Occupy Norfolk immediately. Do you mean that you're being forced out of your home today or are you getting the foreclosure notice today? Sending you a u2u.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by mytheroy

Or if the house is on a concrete slab, get a concrete saw and cut up the slab, making sure you also cut the pipes under the concrete. Concrete gets very expensive.

edit on 19-4-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

In our case they at least let us do the cash for keys program which gave us $3000 in exchange for us not trashing the place and for leaving it in broom clean condition. Which we did and used that money to get into a descent rental in the same school district for the kids. Green Tree Servicing has a long line of people with my same story and there was talk of a class action suit but its hard to fight something like this because they cover their bases really well.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Contact the ACLU and Occupy Norfolk immediately. Do you mean that you're being forced out of your home today or are you getting the foreclosure notice today? Sending you a u2u.

Good question because if you just not got the foreclosure documents you have a long time before anything happens and it is still early. Call one of the places on the internet that deals with this stuff. It will cost you a few bucks but they can usually end up getting you a fixed rate, lower payment and save the home, provided the mortgage company will work with them. But they know all of the laws and know your rights better than you do and the mortgage company is betting that you dont know.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

Personally, I told the bank to shove the money up their ass.

I had issues with that, it made me feel like I was selling myself out.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

Wow! What can I say? Sorry isn't going to cut it!

I don't normally advise this but have you tried letting the papers know? Maybe they would print your story?

Or you could look into some support group that deals with these kinds of things? I was talking to one guy on here earlier that I think could possibly help you... Here is the thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can't even begin to imagine being in your situation! It must be heartbreaking!

I believe you can still fight this!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I can commiserate, because my home goes to Trustee Sale in mid-June. Due to medical expenses of similar family challenges, we were credit-counseled to declare bankruptcy in 2007. I had a decent-paying job at the time. However, my employer later shut down (2008 economic debacle), and I had no luck obtaining a job at even half of my previous salary. Just try to get a decent job while you are bankrupt. Nope. This society, and how it's enslaved via corrupt one-sided systems, makes a leper out of you when you're bankrupt, regardless of education, experiences and past successes. Out of work for over a year, applying to over 240 jobs, we quickly ran dry of any financial resources. Bankruptcy takes most of everything and puts you on a payment plan to the Trustee. Forget getting ahead; car went away through repo, just yummy stuff in crescendo.

When we missed 3 payments to Bank of America/Countrywide, they triggered the foreclosure clause. They said "just keep paying what you can; we'll work with you." I didn't buy it, having had close friends do just that and then be blind-sided by BOA. We tried multiple times to get them to renegotiate the mortgage and refi, but they said that I'd have to get a new job with twice the income to qualify. Until I did that, not really a point bothering them they said. Our paltry income wouldn't accommodate making house payments at their established rate, so we stopped altogether if BOA wouldn't negotiate. We continued the rest of life as best possible, and it took them over 2 years to start the foreclosure proceedings (economy and housing market is that bad -- big glut ahead of us). We took care of the house as owners, while still living there the whole time.

The first documentation starting hitting our mail and FedEx by October 2011. Sheriff sale is mid-June 2012. You do the math. That means that yes we lost a ton of equity, credit already ruined by the bankruptcy, but we still lived a near-normal life without mortgage payments for 3 years. We tried everything to save the house, but there was no negotiating with them. That was enough time for both kids to graduate high school with some sense of normalcy. Because of the laws of the state in which we live, all the mortgage company can do is recollect the house at the Sheriff sale. Any and all back payments, interest, penalty, etc are theirs to eat. It could have been different, and they'd have gotten more money in the long run. But to them, it's about control and one-sided power in a contract.

When we walk in mid-June, we will officially have no debt. Nada. Oh, and we exit bankruptcy one month later, too. I go forward much more wary and wise...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
At least feel ''lucky'' when living in the US. What that I mean, from my understanding is that when you walk away from your home / not pay the debt on the home is the bank problem basicly. In Europe, the debt from your home stays with you, if you don't pay your mortage/leave your house.

It's strange though they get so difficult when you miss 2 payments and don't seek a sollution!? I don't get that.

Wish you the best.

The healthcare system is really screwed there (the costs!), when you get in serious health problems and you don't got it too great financial (but ok..), no way you can cover those high medical bills.

Surely something is very wrong... just don't get it, medical care is for the people, but people get screwed big time with the costs

Also getting worse over here in Holland (my country), though no way close. Healthcare is still pretty much payable but it gotten worse when we followed the free market more and more. Then the main concern is ''making money'' but guess who will pay the price more and more?
edit on 19-4-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I feel ya dude. My bank did the same crap prettymuch, we ended up losing a house we had paid for about 3/4 of.... How that is legal is beyond me. So the bank got to keep all the money we already paid into, boot us out, then put the house back on the market. Highway robbery.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Medical Bankruptcies are slamming a lot of people, hopefully it will get better.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Man, I don't even know what to say! I live in a rent house and when I read these stories about homeowners losing houses it scares the crap out of me. My wife and I are currently looking to buy and every time I read something like this I get more and more scared to get into something longterm like that....we pretty much live paycheck to paycheck and if something were to happen to either one of us such as a medical issue, we would be out on the street in no time. I'm keeping you in my prayers and sending good thoughts your way!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join