It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreclosure - I am Losing My Home Today

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

If you go through the legal system and fight you are in dishonor, instead get a notarized request for the original copy of transfer and offer to pay any cost associated with your request. Then wait.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I pray the original poster reads my reply! I was going through the same exact thing two and a half years ago with the paperwork run around and was blessed enough to hear an attorney on the radio giving an interview on how to sue the banks and win if they were stringing you along and not giving an answer within the 90 day legal window (by federal law they were required to meet). We were very skeptical but took a chance and we won. All that got us was a chance to force them to let us sell our home for less than owed "Short Sale", then they had to wipe out the deficiency and we were worried that we'd be hit at tax time, but we weren't and it's all behind us now and glad we we saw that attorney.
What chapped my ass was that during the 10 months we were making so called trial payments for the MHA (Making Homes Affordable) plan, they were funneling those monies into a total separate account, reporting us as not making any payment to creditors, which allowed them to collect the full amount of or mortgage payment from the Govt plan called TARP. So they were essentially getting payed twice (minus 10% of which or discount was for each payment during the trial period). None of this was explained this way by them prior to us accepting to try the program. Fortunately our attorney was able to force their hand and have them correct what was reported to the 3 big credit bureaus. All such a sick twisted scam on millions of Americans.
Now Finally to the point I wanted to share that will hopefully help you. Out of curiosity last week before the tax deadline I decided to call our past morally bankrupt lender to check and see if what we had been told was still true (seeing that they were always two faced). And as I listened to their recording options I was shocked to hear choices for those having previously been foreclosed on to listen to their settlement plans with the government for payments to those who suffered a foreclosure. I tried to get in to hear the recording but that option required your acct number to access, and since we were forced to short sell we wouldn't have that access.
I found this article online that talks about the government order: www.huffingtonpost.com...

I am glad to hear these thieves are being forced to pay some form of retribution to those whose homes they have stolen and are still stealing. Please make sure to do some research to find out what if anything you can recoup from your lender. Even though they state homes foreclosed on in 2009 & 2010, speak to an attorney and find out since your ordeal began during that time if you can benefit from the order.
I will pray that you and others are able to find some way to stick it back to the banks.
In case anyone reading this is curious as to who my family's lender was..... It was Chase. Avoid them like the plague. If you are with them I'd highly recommend you refinance with a reputable lender (and not any of the others listed in the govt order who haven proven they're corrupt as well)
Best of luck to you and your family!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

My heart goes out to you and your Family. I hear all too much these days, similar stories.

I hope your Son is doing OK....I'll pray for a brighter outcome for you all. Keep up the fight for your home.

I feel you still have some valid avenues to pursue....and you have a lot of good people here, rooting and praying for you.

Bright Blessings...

Des

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Check out this video, I have to agree that they must prove first that you even have a loan, on paper. Not something that has been fraudulently passed from one lender to another without the proper paperwork to follow.

Just scroll down a bit to the Maddow show.

www.zerohedge.com...

Also some of the best info out there: PLEASE PLEASE READ, I realize you may not be able to afford the dvd advertized, but the free info is just as valuable. What you read below is just a teaser of your potential in this, and if you do win I would still turn around and sell, move forward and dont look back.

Sovereignty ...simply means having the ability to control your own property, starting with your body and your mind. Our Sovereignty disk provides the current tools to do so. Every demand one receives in commerce, whether it is a bill, a request for a tax return, a summons, etc. is an offer. Offers can only be responded to in one of 5 ways. When possible, it is always best to stay in honor, i.e., always respond timely and fully accept or conditionally accept. Turn every argument into a conditional acceptance and remain in honor. Learn the arts & sciences of the negative averment, the conditional acceptance, and when necessary, the confession & avoidance [see 3 tools]. The more you are familar with the information on these freedom and commerce pages, the better. It is good to get groundwork laid; get educated, stay educated and handle deliberately, step by step, whatever is in front of you. Commerce can often be boiled down to perfecting your own claim, which, as a by-product, can keep them (whoever they are) from perfecting theirs. There are three, maybe four basic steps: 1. Through a notary for sending and receiving, so that you a 3rd party neutral witness to your process (and it's not just hearsay), your response to whatever is in front of you. it can be in the form of a bill, a Notice and Demand, any kind of a presentment that is best appropriate to your matter. 30 days later, send your 2. Notice of Fault/ Opportunity to Cure; 10 days after that your: 3. Notice of Default. At this point you have a perfected private claim. You can then: 4. Put it on a UCC-1 and bring public Notice to it. [Never file or register your private documents into the public; only Notices of them.] At this stage, if anyone then has the gall to take you to court over that matter, you can go in in private, in Special Visitation, hold up your claim and simply say: "Here's my claim. Does anyone here have a superior claim?" How could they? They agreed with you. Even our court system is in commerce. Just like all of commerce, there is a public side and a private side [see public vs. private] and it is important to clearly know the difference. The private side can recognize and handle public-side dilemmas. The public side is a sort of an "Alice in Wonderland" world that cannot even perceive the private, more real world. In commerce, there are viable remedies on both sides. On either side, all the judges are ever discerning is who is in honor and who is not; therefore, stay in honor. If you're in honor, you win.

Again scroll down, and I highly recommend reading what you can from this site.

www.3wisemenessentials.com...&_sovereignty.html
edit on 19-4-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

It's not the bankers or anyone else's fault when you don't pay your mortgage and get foreclosed on! You agreed to the contract, and all of its rules when you buy the home. This is not a conspiracy, this is not us against them, this is a person not paying their mortgage and defaulting on his agreement.

Everything's not about some big conspiracy, it's not about us against them. It's about standing up in life and paying what you owe. So many people want to blame others, make excuses, but the bottom line is NOTHING in life is easy or free. I understand how hard life can be, but when you miss work, lay out of work, and don't have the money to pay your bills you get whats coming to you. Him being at the kids bed-side done nothing but cause hard-ship and as a grown man, much less a married couple they should have realized the consequences for missing work and not paying their bills.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
You won't win by playing by the rules, because they can make up the rules as they go along. They want you out so that they can resell the place, cheap. Then some corporate contractor will come along in a decade or two after they've bought the whole area, and build something else.

If you have any ability to do so whatsoever, cut your losses and walk away. Before you or anyone else begins raging at me for being heartless, understand that heartlessness is not my intention here. Pragmatism is. You need to be able to identify which battles you can win, and which you can't; and unless you get something very unusual happening here, you won't win this one.

Do not send them any more money to try and salvage the situation. They will keep whatever you send them, and as someone else said, they will get both your equity and the house.

You may have a slim chance by getting someone local from Occupy involved, as apparently they have had some success fighting foreclosures; as well as getting the media involved and trying to make a big stink...but I wouldn't bet on it.

My advice would be to take whatever money you have left, and try and get a small amount of land somewhere, where you can be an owner-builder and you won't be bothered by forced neighbourhood agreements. Watch the movie I am about to link you, and follow the example of the man in it. If you can do this, you can turn this situation into a blessing in disguise.

Good luck.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
That is a damn shame; I hate to hear about anyone’s bad luck. I am not knowledgeable about home financing but a couple of things come to mind. One has been covered, a chapter eleven, it could be to late but if it’s not be sure to treat yourself to a nice vacation and max out your cards just like the big company executives do just before filling. Two, I am not sure if it’s a state or federal law but, they cant take your wife out of the home if she is pregnant, even lying about it could give you time to get things straightened out. It is not the moral thing to do but for them to jack you around then foreclose isn’t either.
Best of luck to you
God bless

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I am truly sorry about your situation.

Nevertheless, I have to point out that you aren't losing "your house". If you don't own all of it, you don't own it. Sad, but true. This is why I rent.

I hate the credit game; that's why I don't play. I own both my vehicles outright, have no credit cards, and put away as much as I can each and every month into a few savings accounts.

I am not trying to be a butt munch. Like I said, I am sorry about what you're going through. America is all kinds of crazy right now. Debt is just not a good idea any way you slice it, and your particular situation prove this.

My best wishes on getting back on your feet. I'm glad to hear that you have a church family that will be their for you during this rough transition. Rely on the Lord, and lean not on your own understanding.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Since the majority of us hate the banks and hate paying them intrest. We also as a majority feel sympathy for others in a bad situation and would like to help out as proven by the comments in this thread. As a group with a lil over a quarter of a million members we could make quite a difference quickly.

Lets just say if in this case if half of the users here were to send a dollar to them right now we could have them $125000 in the mail within a week and allow him to buy a house free and clear. We could help him out and screw the bank that would otherwise get his next mortgage out of a crap ton of intrest. We do 2 things help our fellow common folk and take the power out of the bankers hand.

lets say that the average house is $100,000 and half of our membership gave a dollar a day so $365 a year for approx 125000 people we could pay off 456 peoples houses (assuming $1000,000 per house) a year at that rate. Now lets say that the average house payment was $500 a month (putting a low est.) and that peoples houses were payed off on kind of a one time win only lottery with the condition that if you win you pay off your house and pay that $500 a month for a year back to the group to help increase the number of houses that could be payed off each day.

I guess this is an Idea that we could as a goup could bring into being outside of ATS that could act as a way to pay off our houses quickly and screwing the banks out of their projected revenue flow and help them crash and we the people own the land again and our way of life. Screw the 30 year mortgage lets band together. Maybe we could start here with him.
edit on 19-4-2012 by matt47274 because: reading it is kind of choppy so you have to think about it but I didn't actually edit it just added this comment have to sleep for work lol I trust you all can catch my drift

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333
Some of you may remember my pleas for prayers two years ago when my 4 month old son came down with a mysterious liver disease. In spite of being insured, medical bills overwhelmed us. My wife was nursing my son at the time and joined him in the hospital as he was turned into a baby blood donor for round the clock tests.

During the month long hospitalization, my wife did not work much. She would leave the hospital to see her speech-therapy clients when the baby passed out. She was unable to work full-time in the weeks to follow.

We missed two mortgage payments. We called PNC Bank and offered to send future payments. Our family, friends and church offered financial support. PNC refused to accept payments. They said we defaulted but would consider a mortgage modification.

After numerous "failed attempts," they kept losing our documents, we hired professional document preparers. Every couple of months they would ask for new pay stubs. We sent the last request for info 5 days late Suddenly, they said too bad and sent notice of foreclosure.

It's obvious they never had any intention of modifying our mortgage. We only lasted so long out of their guilt of booting 7 people to the curb.

The part that really chaps my ass is that I was ignorant of the law. PNC would have been forced to reinstate our loan had I sent the payments.

To add further insult to our pain, we have come to realize that CraigsList has been taken over by scammers. I saw many listings in the DC area with the phone number. They advertise lists of homes on pre-foreclosure lists as "rentals." after you pay a fee, they expect you to knock on doors and offer to take over mortgage payments.

There are also Nigerians listing "rentals" demanding payments sent to Nigeria. And, BTW, to pay no attention to For Sale sign in the yard or any people who may be inside. They are agents who just got fired.

Has all integrity been lost? Has everybody sold out? I feel all alone as if nobody let me in on a joke as I sit here thinking "Hey dumbass, nice guys finish last. The jokes on you a-hole."

Brother I am very sorry to hear what you have been, what you are, and what still awaits that you will be going through...all I can say is be strong, be true to yourself, and I know this might be a difficult thing to consider at the moment but be sure that all you have gone through that you learn something from it no matter what the lesson is because once you emerge from the nightmare you'll be grateful for the knowledge and insight you gained from the process.

It is hard to put into words so please do not think that I am being disrespectful or condescending with my above remarks, it's just that I too have gone through something similar and the lessons that I got throughout the process have been INVALUABLE to the person I became as a result. I am dead serious....I literally transformed into a different person because of this harsh new world that we find ourselves now living in (and it don't look like it's getting any better).

I retired from active duty U.S. Navy in June 2009 at the height of this so called recession (depression would be a better description). A small business owner of 2 years at the time along with my wife of a small day spa in San Diego, CA at the time, it just so happened that due to the economy slipping we had lost 62% of our clientele between calendar years 2008-2009. Couple that along with my retirement of over 20 years active naval service I went from making net $6k+ a month as a Chief Petty Officer to my paltry retirement of $1200 a month. A long story short we lost EVERYTHING. My 996 Porsche 911 Carrera, my E46 BMW M3 FULL AC Shnitzer ($23k in modifications), our business, the roof over our heads...ALL OF IT GONE! Prior to that life changing experience I had held a 720+ credit score my ENTIRE adult life, $30k in credit AMEX, blah blah blah.

Because in the end that is all it ever was....blah blah blah, I never knew how much of a prisoner I was to my possessions until I began to lose them all. It was like grasping at straws as those people that had been SOOO NICE with you as you paid them each month on time and in good standing for YEARS, to all of a sudden seeing a WHOLE other side of them the moment I needed....help.

In closing let me just say this,,,,you are desperate right now man, and in desperate times people resort to desperate measures (before you say I am whacked just ask yourself...would you have ever come to the TRUE realization of the crap that is on craigslist or learn and almost become victim of the infamous Nigerian scammers prior to this event in your life?). Make an exit plan, and STICK to the plan. Begin listing who you feel will be able to assist (food, shelter, clothing) and who not because trust me...you are about to find out who your REAL friends are. Running out of room guess we have a character limit on here now huh?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by matt47274

This is a very interesting idea, late here, so am going to think about it in the morning.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

There is a Federal law about not being able to be kicked out of your home if someone in your family is disabled, not sure if it could help you or not since your son has had issues in the past.
then there's the new Obama thing so you can refinance your home through FHA, even though they don't have the money you might get in that- I'm not sure offhand.
Where are you from (State)?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkATi
I am truly sorry about your situation.

Nevertheless, I have to point out that you aren't losing "your house". If you don't own all of it, you don't own it. Sad, but true. This is why I rent.

I hate the credit game; that's why I don't play. I own both my vehicles outright, have no credit cards, and put away as much as I can each and every month into a few savings accounts.

I am not trying to be a butt munch. Like I said, I am sorry about what you're going through. America is all kinds of crazy right now. Debt is just not a good idea any way you slice it, and your particular situation prove this.

My best wishes on getting back on your feet. I'm glad to hear that you have a church family that will be their for you during this rough transition. Rely on the Lord, and lean not on your own understanding.

Amen to logic. Also OP I will help you out with all I can. I only have 22 dollars to my name but I can send you a couple.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Personally I'd rip out every last shred of copper from the walls, as well as other recyclable material. THEN after I was kicked out I'd more then likely burn the place down and make it look like squatters did it by accident. But that's only because I am a vengeful A-hole!!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333
Some of you may remember my pleas for prayers two years ago when my 4 month old son came down with a mysterious liver disease. In spite of being insured, medical bills overwhelmed us. My wife was nursing my son at the time and joined him in the hospital as he was turned into a baby blood donor for round the clock tests.

During the month long hospitalization, my wife did not work much. She would leave the hospital to see her speech-therapy clients when the baby passed out. She was unable to work full-time in the weeks to follow.

We missed two mortgage payments. We called PNC Bank and offered to send future payments. Our family, friends and church offered financial support. PNC refused to accept payments. They said we defaulted but would consider a mortgage modification.

After numerous "failed attempts," they kept losing our documents, we hired professional document preparers. Every couple of months they would ask for new pay stubs. We sent the last request for info 5 days late Suddenly, they said too bad and sent notice of foreclosure.

It's obvious they never had any intention of modifying our mortgage. We only lasted so long out of their guilt of booting 7 people to the curb.

The part that really chaps my ass is that I was ignorant of the law. PNC would have been forced to reinstate our loan had I sent the payments.

To add further insult to our pain, we have come to realize that CraigsList has been taken over by scammers. I saw many listings in the DC area with the phone number. They advertise lists of homes on pre-foreclosure lists as "rentals." after you pay a fee, they expect you to knock on doors and offer to take over mortgage payments.

There are also Nigerians listing "rentals" demanding payments sent to Nigeria. And, BTW, to pay no attention to For Sale sign in the yard or any people who may be inside. They are agents who just got fired.

Has all integrity been lost? Has everybody sold out? I feel all alone as if nobody let me in on a joke as I sit here thinking "Hey dumbass, nice guys finish last. The jokes on you a-hole."

Continued from previous response to the above quote:

If you KNOW that bankruptcy just MIGHT be in your very near future....then DEFAULT NOW AND DO NOT PAY ANOTHER DIME ON ANYTHING. Trust me on that one I only WISHED someone would have given me that same advice as I basically through THOUSANDS down a financial abyss that was swallowing me whole where I ended up with the SAME result except for in addition to having had to file bankruptcy, I was FLAT BROKE and bankrupt.

Be prepared to lost any and all credit cards (and trust me, this will turn into a GOOD thing), and be prepared to having to resort to using a Debit Card with everything. Note that with a debit card, many will look down upon you as if you were some sort of deadbeat lowlife criminal but the hell with 'em the main thing to take away from it will be crap like say you need to rent a car? Well with the rental agencies that will even deal with you with using a debit card, they will tie up $400 in ADDITION TO the rental of the car as a deposit....a deposit that they will take their time in reversing back to you after you return the car (2 to 3 days usually but trust me 2 to 3 days while broke as hell is a LOT of money to be tied up in nothing).

Cell phone? If yours goes look into buying a prepaid one like in Walgreens or CVS or something...nothing fancy but you will have voice comms for employers to call you or whatever. Basically I can sit here and tell you what to expect until I am blue in the face, but the bottom line is...you will only get out of it the experience you get from it. Essentially I saw firsthand how HARD it is for those that have to START off with life disadvantaged such as people that come from poverty and try to rise up. OUR SYSTEM IS DESIGNED TO KEEP YOU DOWN don't ever forget that, the sooner you realize that and learn to rise above and overcome it, the sooner you will begin to get yours and your families life back

Take it from me man....bankruptcy and losing everything isn't the end (although is almost was for me as I sat on the edge of my bed with a loaded Springfield XD-9 9mm in my mouth and just short of ending it, my little boy who lived on the other side of the country snuck his cell phone out and called me literally out of the blue just to say......hi dad. Brings me to tears even thinking about it now), but it took rock bottom to light the fire inside me and it has now been just under 3 years and I have my life back, my wife and I are stronger because of it, am debt free and LOVING IT. I finally landed my first post naval civilian career in the field I actually prepared myself for prior to retirement, it just took a year to get there. Just remember man...THIS TOO SHALL COME TO PASS. Good luck brother.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

God that sucks but you know you can still live in the home. Banks to not want to kick you out it is a long drawn out process that they have to go through to throw you out and then they have to take over mowing the lawn. And nobody is buying.
The first thing they HAVE to do before throwing you out is find the original deed to the property. A friend who is not a shyster but a good buddy who happens to be an attorney says that in many of these bank loans that were bundled were bundled carelessly and sometimes vital paperwork was lost.

I have a buddy that bought 6 homes during the housing boom and planned on turning them over. Needless to say when the SHTF he couldn't afford them all and they were all foreclosed on.

Two of the homes were sold. Two he is renting out, he's living in one and his daughter in another. And they have been living there four years. Not paying anything. The banks can't sell two of the homes because they have lost the deeds. I will pray this is the case there with you. Sorry for your troubles and you may lose the fight but don't lose the fight in you. People have come from behind.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Holy cow! I'm there with you. I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. I am a little earlier in the process. I stopped paying my house payment this month (April) and just today sent a request to modify the loan.

My short story is that in 2008, it was found that I had a liver full of tumors. After a whole series of unfortunate events it was all downhill from there.

I have read the entire thread thus far and I am really trying to soak in the advice from people. Like you, I am hoping for our world to change soon. I'm sure it will someday but not too sure if it will be soon enough for me and you.

I don't have a big family like you do, but as a single mom, my daughter depends on me to make the right decisions and do all the right things to make a stable home for her. And right now she is heartbroken at the thought that we might lose our home.

Thank you for sharing with us. And thanks to everyone else, too.

If we stand together, we can make a change.

link   
But god forbid we move to single payer health care.

On the bright side, at least you owned a house once upon a time.

Nothing will change until enough of us want it to.

link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
reply to post by TheLastStand

It's not the bankers or anyone else's fault when you don't pay your mortgage and get foreclosed on! You agreed to the contract, and all of its rules when you buy the home. This is not a conspiracy, this is not us against them, this is a person not paying their mortgage and defaulting on his agreement.

Everything's not about some big conspiracy, it's not about us against them. It's about standing up in life and paying what you owe. So many people want to blame others, make excuses, but the bottom line is NOTHING in life is easy or free. I understand how hard life can be, but when you miss work, lay out of work, and don't have the money to pay your bills you get whats coming to you. Him being at the kids bed-side done nothing but cause hard-ship and as a grown man, much less a married couple they should have realized the consequences for missing work and not paying their bills.

I seem to recall that banks in America up until not that long ago were basically giving mortgages to dumpster divers. Sub prime or some such nonsense was the active reasoning behind the whole...Well...Scam! So, the banks have had their day, Walked off with the loot and are now, like Jackals, are walking amid the carnage picking at any meat left on the carcass! I think your argument would hold more water if you allowed for the OP and the others with stories akin to the situation to not be judged using a 60's day of financial morality. I understand your viewpoint, however, it seems to me the banks are playing a rigged game!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Gonna get worse than this bro, i feel for you. It's tight on us all. The banks are screwing people left and right with foreclosures and then they go and resell the house for twice of what it was worth. If you know what this means "the love of many will wax cold", then you know whats coming. Persevere, not much time left. Start looking for Rosh Hoshana to happen.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join