It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos show U.S. troops' 'inhuman conduct' with suicide bombers' bodies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Posing with corpses is as old as time.
I think I might just cry in the corner a bit.

Oh boo-hoo.

Sorry, forgot where that made it ok to do.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69

If they were in our hometowns killing people, I would have no problem posing with torn up dead bodies of insurgents that tried to kill my friends.

So it is ok for you, and the Taliban, but not the US Military Members? ???

Good hell. What a load of crap.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I don't see where there is a Law stating it is not ok.
It is an accepted Taboo not to do it. But don't see where it is not ok.

Don't really care.

I would be doing a lot more to the bodies. Just don't be dumb and take pictures.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I don't see where there is a Law stating it is not ok.
It is an accepted Taboo not to do it. But don't see where it is not ok.

Don't really care.

I would be doing a lot more to the bodies. Just don't be dumb and take pictures.

ugh... whatever floats your boat dude....

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I remember seeing a video years back where US soldiers were playing football with a suicide bombers head.
In all honesty, put in their position, I would have too.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Avoiding the politics involved
playing with the dead may carry some serious Karmatic energies....

Well I guess those "Suicide Bombers" will get their returns on their "Karmatic investments" instantly after blowing themselves & others up.

Seems fair

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I completely agree. Still it is solely up to the individual to be aware of what's going on in the world.

There is no excuse for ignorance.

I mean how did we all end up on this site? If we can see through the illusion that is US foreign policy, surely any kid from Americas heartland can do the same.

We cannot continue sending these kids to do unjust things, and tell them that what their doing is good for the world.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Oh yeah because you know that's what I meant.

Military members can desecrate dead bodies all they want, just don't do it when your representing an entire nation of people who pay your salary.

Seriously, for all the reasons the talking heads in politics tell us we're over there, I'd think these troops would have a little more respect.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Al Queda has attacked and killed Canadian citizens on North American soil. They have set up shop here and have been caught plotting death and destruction to Canadians. They have been caught trying to cross the border planning death and destruction to my friends in America. Bad choices by people their former government supported has led to where we are. The mission in Afghanistan is UN and NATO sanctioned.

My statement stands.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

Don't be mad that what you stated is basically slanted to show your true colors.

edit on 18-4-2012 by macman because: Spelling.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69

Seriously, for all the reasons the talking heads in politics tell us we're over there, I'd think these troops would have a little more respect.

I have no respect for anyone trying to kill me.
I will not under estimate them or their abilities, but I don't respect them in life or death.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Avoiding the politics involved
playing with the dead may carry some serious Karmatic energies....

Well I guess those "Suicide Bombers" will get their returns on their "Karmatic investments" instantly after blowing themselves & others up.

Seems fair

Imagine 1 enemy grouped next to its enemy from when in 3rd dimension AND THEY BOTH CHANGED FREQUENCY AND ARE NOW BEING RECRUITED INTO AN SPIRITUAL ARMY TO FIGHT TOGETHER EVEN THOUGH THEY ONCE HATED AND KILLED EACH OTHER...... Against those they BOTH LOVE. NATAS does not care just interested in building its own army with ignorance induced activities, remember this my friend... 1 does not doubt any getitng theirs.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Slanted in the way of human rights, and a non interventionist foreign policy, yes.

If this was an actual war, on a defined and clear enemy, that was clearly and obviously protecting American citizens from a direct threat, Then yes US MILITARY, go and desecrate all the bodies you want! Have fun doing it too, might take off some of the stress of killing people.

Sadly Afghanistan is a quagmire that has accomplished nothing. Pictures like these just disgrace the military, at this point it's just embarassing.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Why are they your enemy?

Why do they hate Americans?

Is it because we are free?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The more these events happen, the more my conspiracy mind thinks that they are done for the shock and outraged response by the folks in Afghanistan..

Why?

Try 1 trillion dollars in mineral wealth in the country, I just can't see the US walking away from that after spending so much blood & money the past decade...

I think the plan was for withdrawal in 2014, are these recent events, designed to make withdrawal less likely as has been proposed?

I could be way off base here, but it just doesn't pass the smell test for me at the moment..

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Don't get me wrong.
I don't think US Military Members should be there, or anywhere in the ME.
Let then kill each other.
I don't care if they are ruled under a Dictator, King or Flying Spaghetti Monster.
Let them fight their own battles.
Same goes for Africa, Israel and others.

But, strike the US, and Doom on you.

Now, with that said, and being with the understanding that I don't, nor have I ever been in the realm of the Commissioned Officer, the enemy is the one trying to kill US Troops. Period.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

I completely agree macman.

The thing is, when these kinds of things have been going on for a decade, and nothing has been accomplished, it really makes the world look at the entire US military in a bad light.

If there was no BS'n around, and they went in and did the job quick and right, then yes I believe we should tear the enemy down as bad as possible.

But I can't see who the enemy is. At that exact moment of fighting, those extremists were the enemy yes, but what were their motives for fighting?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
Funny how nobody condemns the actions of the suicide bombers, whose sole mission was to blow up innocent people so they can go to paradise and get laid.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd put the photos I saw on the LA Times website somewhere around a 2 on the "atrocity scale," and a -10 if you want to compare it to the atrocities committed by the Taliban.

Please, direct your outrage where it belongs.
edit on 4/18/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

Rangers and pilots being dragged through the streets of Mogadishu on ropes by partying crowds.

Burned American bodies being hung from a bridge in Fallujah as the locals partied under the remains.

Televised beheadings of innocents by insurgents.

There's more where those examples come from.

No sir, they don't get to open this can of worms themselves and then whine and cry and wring their hands because it's been opened.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

The BS'ing is due to Politicians thinking they are Military Generals.

If the Military were allowed to act like the Military, then it would take about 3 years in each country.
No nation building. No hearts and minds crap. No saving these people or those people.

Kill the enemy, scorched earth, and return home.

It would not be stomach-able by John Q Public, but that is where Vietnam failed. They allowed civilian reporters in the combat field.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

reply to post by goldcoin

Honestly!!!!!!!!!
I could care less what is done with the bodies of enemy combatants trying to kill US Military members.

Big deal.

Maybe heads on pikes would stop them from attacking the Soldiers, Marines and Airman.

Grease those pikes with lard to make the mounting easier, and line roadways with them, and the BS would come to a screeching halt in a week.

If one is fighting a war to be nice, he's going about being nice entirely wrong.

You fight to win, and do what it takes. if that outrages someone, too damned bad. war itself is already an outrage. You fight to win so you can survive in peace afterwards. Anything else just prolongs the agony.

edit on 2012/4/18 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join