It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos show U.S. troops' 'inhuman conduct' with suicide bombers' bodies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
To admins: (if this has been posted before I apologize I did a search and found nothing, also feel free to move!)

"A soldier from the Army's 82nd Airborne Division with the body of an Afghan insurgent killed while trying to plant a roadside bomb," the caption reads. "The photo is one of 18 provided to The Times of U.S. soldiers posing with corpses."

I thought the soldiers urinating on corpses would be the last I heard of US Troops messing with dead bodies, guess I was wrong. I don't understand why the soldiers find that this sort of behavior is acceptable. Where is the dignity?

If it was the other way around, and a Iraqi or Afghan man posed next to pictures of a US military person's body we would be screaming for their head. But no, these guys will probably just get a slap on the wrist.

Here's the source:

Source
edit on 18-4-2012 by goldcoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I was just watching that story on the news. They said this time the pentagon was ready with a statement, lmao. It's not funny but how many times are you going to get caught up by pics. I mean how many more "free-passes" will they get here? I mean everytime you turn around there's an embarassing picture or a situation coming out of Afganistan. We need to just drawback to our own country and worry about protecting the heartland and the heartsblood of this country, its' people.

Peace.

+73 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Funny how nobody condemns the actions of the suicide bombers, whose sole mission was to blow up innocent people so they can go to paradise and get laid.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd put the photos I saw on the LA Times website somewhere around a 2 on the "atrocity scale," and a -10 if you want to compare it to the atrocities committed by the Taliban.

Please, direct your outrage where it belongs.
edit on 4/18/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
Funny how nobody condemns the actions of the suicide bombers, whose sole mission was to blow up innocent people so they can go to paradise and get laid.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd put the photos I saw on the LS Times website somewhere around a 2 on the "atrocity scale," and a -10 if you want to compare it to the atrocities committed by the Taliban.

Please, direct your outrage where it belongs.

I condemn a suicide bombers actions.
Two wrongs don't make a right.
The soldiers posing in the video have also been systematically programmed to hate and think murder can be justified. The whole thing is unesseccary and disgusting
edit on 18-4-2012 by Salamandy because: (no reason given)

+31 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by goldcoin

Honestly!!!!!!!!!
I could care less what is done with the bodies of enemy combatants trying to kill US Military members.

Big deal.

Maybe heads on pikes would stop them from attacking the Soldiers, Marines and Airman.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
if you turn yourself into a human bomb...what is left of your body is shrapnel.it ceases to be a body or person when the vest is strapped on.no negotiation,no mercy...destroy at an appropriate distance.personally i would do what i want with whatever is left,mop it up but if you feel the need to do a dance or put a finger in your helmet straps.its only part of a bomb casing.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
kill em all, let allah sort em out

easy fix, no more war after that.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by vipertruck99
if you turn yourself into a human bomb...what is left of your body is shrapnel.it ceases to be a body or person when the vest is strapped on.no negotiation,no mercy...destroy at an appropriate distance.personally i would do what i want with whatever is left,mop it up but if you feel the need to do a dance or put a finger in your helmet straps.its only part of a bomb casing.

Ok tough guys, we get that suicide bombers aren't our friends. But there's no need to act like such scumbags and lack any class by posing with a dead body.

Shouldn't we want to strive to be better than a suicide bomber?

edit on 18-4-2012 by Salamandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Honestly!!!!!!!!!
I could care less what is done with the bodies of enemy combatants trying to kill US Military members.

Big deal.

Maybe heads on pikes would stop them from attacking the Soldiers, Marines and Airman.

Enemy combatants? Don't forget we're the ones over there, they are not here.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Enough with the media looking at hammering our side for every single thing they do. When a few of these reporters have watched their best friend blown all over THEM...and they spend the afternoon cleaning their friend off their clothes and out of their hair...they can show us how they are the bigger man as they give the enemy who did it all the respect in the world. Big hugs to everyone.. I'll be suitably impressed.

Until then, the reporters can at least PLAY at being unbiased and perhaps a few stories about the innocent victims the suicide bombers murder over there would be in order. Maybe the people who die from Taliban hand grenades thrown into courtyards to make it look like WE killed half a household. Naww... Stories like that would be hateful or something. As if the stories about a mere picture with a pile of mush that used to be a Jihadi fighter is somehow showing love.

Thank goodness for the net. The MSM sure isn't worth the time to flip the channel anymore. When they aren't lying outright, they are hunting stories to support a pre-determined outcome of public opinion. It's gotten so cheap, it's not even tough to spot anymore.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Honestly!!!!!!!!!

Big deal.

Ooh Rah.

I condemn any targeting of civilians of course, but the Taliban are a determined enemy. Not only are they our enemy, but they are the enemy of the Afghan government and its people as well. Not since WWII's Pacific theater have we faced such a vicious foe; Afghans have repelled every invasion into their country (aside from the Islamic invasion) in its history, due largely to the fact that they don't give up.

So, logic dictates that they be targeted and decimated until that will to fight is broken, or they are all dead. They have to be beaten into submission just as the Japanese were, or we will have failed in Afghanistan.

Sound vicious on my part? Sorry about that, but I can't seem to get the images of little girls forced to marry old men, or those who have had acid splashed in their faces for daring to go to school, or those who have had their noses cut off for failing to obey their husband, or those of women being stoned to death for the crime of being a rape victim, out of my mind.

Originally posted by Salamandy
Shouldn't we want to strive to be better than a suicide bomber?

I don't think there is any question about the fact that we already hold the moral high ground. War is a terrible and evil thing, but sometimes it is necessary; and the only way to conduct a war is to utterly destroy your enemy as we did in WWII. How have the "police actions" or "limited wars" worked out for the US since 1945? Not well I can tell you that much.

Desert Storm was a success because of the overwhelming force doctrine. Ironically, it ended because President Bush "felt bad" when he saw the destruction on the Highway of Death.

Such is war.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I've never been in a war so I can't say for sure how I would act. War is the inhuman conduct.
Desecrating bodies is just an extension of that. So why is anyone surprised? It's ok to
slaughter people but by god you better not take pictures of it. Talk about hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

As a quote went from one of the pivotal movies on the insanity and total chaos of war....'It's like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500'.

Yeah.. You have to love our super-selective morality in warfare. In that way, the enemy has it over us. They can fight with the purity of purpose and a focus to simply win. We have to lose by getting lost in meetings about rules to set the rules for more meetings on how to micromanage our soldiers and slap their hands for farting in the wrong direction (That was a Pentagon Memo to the Marine Corps...it really happened).

If this is how we will fight wars from now on....lets do the whole planet a favor and disband our forces before someone gets hurt.
(Or we can just get leaders who have brains, not mush between their ears)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
This is what OP is really up to - he of course doesn't give a flying # about these photos!

* RULE 3: “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.”

Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty. (This happens all the time. Watch how many organizations under attack are blind-sided by seemingly irrelevant arguments that they are then forced to address.)

* RULE 4: “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.”

If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules. (This is a serious rule. The besieged entity’s very credibility and reputation is at stake, because if activists catch it lying or not living up to its commitments, they can continue to chip away at the damage.)

* RULE 8: “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.”

Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new. (Attack, attack, attack from all sides, never giving the reeling organization a chance to rest, regroup, recover and re-strategize.)

www.bestofbeck.com...
edit on 18-4-2012 by JohhnyBGood because: link

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
While it may not be compatible with how the army wishes to portray either itself or the sheer inhuman barbaric reality of war it is a fact that in order to be more comfortable with sanctioned killing for your country it is necessary to dehumanise the enemy to allow the mind and the conscience to cope with the aftermath. It is easy for those who see war on a screen to judge and expect people in extreme life and death situations to react as they feel that they would. While I do not condone the desecration of enemy corpses I do understand why it happens and how it is natural to see the person who would take your life as an object rather than a human being.

Also doesn't anyone see the irony of 'respecting' the remains of suicide bombers?
By being a suicide bomber you have proven that you have absolutely no respect for either your own or anybody else's body around you.

The concept of war etiquette is an absurd paradox, by all means respect the living and treat prisoners with human dignity but until someone has been in a situation when its either their life or the enemy's don't expect to understand how young men will react. The way people go on you'd swear that this sort of thing was only invented by the US military in the last ten years. Old soldiers often never spoke about their wartime experiences for a reason. In fact I think that the more horrific, degrading and wasteful that war can be shown to be may just calm down the appetites of those quick to declare it from behind their desks and their pulpits.

Besuited politicians and bearded clerics who incite, fuel and facillitate wars using the lives and minds of the young to achieve their financial or idealogical aims are the real monsters in war.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Here are 2 pictures,
(Warning, Graphic material)
www.liveleak.com...
edit on 18-4-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-4-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh
Also doesn't anyone see the irony of 'respecting' the remains of suicide bombers?
By being a suicide bomber you have proven that you have absolutely no respect for either your own or anybody else's body around you.

Exactly.
I really don't have much else to add other than I agree with this observation.

edit on 18-4-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Honestly!!!!!!!!!

Big deal.

Not only do we have the balls to be in THEIR country, but we have the balls to defend sheer disgusting acts of bravado and signs of mental illness.. Anybody who proudly poses with a corpse, is sick...

Saddest part is, if this was the taliban posing with a dead US soldier, you'd wanna sign 10 more years and $100b..

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Funny how no one seems to care what they have done to our people.

Whether we should or should not be there is immaterial.

Unless you are for the beheadings and torcher and murder of civilians.

For all those of you are saying how cruel we are about the desicration of their dead needs to
watch the video of these......civilized people.....(puke) in masks beheading people, singing praises to Allah.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Before I posted this comment, I meditated a few moments, while trying to draw any compassion out of myself for suicide bombers. Sorry, I just can't find it in me to care what happens to any of them.
edit on 18-4-2012 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join