It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Expert: Earth Is Cracking Up

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

What frightens me the most is that about 15 people decided to star his post, despite it having no evidence to support the highly curious claims.

the scientists 'claims' are a matter of record... there have been several "500 year events" in the last 7 years...that is not theory or speculation... the man is just reporting the facts!
if you don't accept the data... thats your choice

but your without a leg to stand on with your attack...
... calling his carefully worded statement a 'curious claim'....sheeze

edit on 15-4-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
. the man is just reporting the facts!
if you don't accept the data... thats your choice

but your without a leg to stand on with your attack...
... calling his carefully worded statement a 'curious claim'....sheeze

False. His claims are based on a misunderstanding of the info. The SATELLITES are in the heliosphere, not the center of the galaxy!

Read: www.universetoday.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

the deep space crafts are NOT satellites !
'Satellites' orbit a planet or body in space

from other reports here on ATS... the deep space probes are in the inter-stellar space within this Milky Way therefore outside the heliosphere last i heard

besides--- thats not the point-

the point is that the Professor did not theorize some extreme hypothesis... he only said that there was recently TOO MANY 8.0+ earthquakes in the Sumatra area for whats considered 'normal'

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
i dont normaly post on this topic, but i just wanted to add my thoughts on this.

I believe in the expanding earth theory,
Maybe she is having a big old yawn and stretch.

Whateva

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

You seem to be commenting on something entirely different. My contention is with this claim:

"Our solar system has entered this "cloud". Based upon computer simulation what NASA discovered is that we are entering the Galaxy's Equatorial region. This region is some where around 2,000 light years across. We will not reach the mid way point until some time in December of 2012 based upon computer simulations. "

Which is patently false. Feel free to prove me wrong with facts.

Good day.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
We had an earthquake here in the midwest this morning I felt my bed shake from it. The new madrid is set to go off anytime now. Its gonna be big.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by theSupernova
We had an earthquake here in the midwest this morning I felt my bed shake from it. The new madrid is set to go off anytime now. Its gonna be big.

I dont see any record of an earthquake of any magnitude in the midwest today.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite
If and when it all happens I hope the earth gives me enough time to get drunk and high and stand out on the hill like woody harrelson and scream at the top of my lungs as man is wiped from this planet again.

Man is a virus and the Earth caught it... It goes in remission from time to time but there is no cure.

I bet the earth will survive... us... well I really could care less.
edit on 15-4-2012 by Doalrite because: (no reason given)

Man has evolved into a Sentient species for the most part. There are a FEW if us who don't get with the program and haven't evolved. That doesn't discount the rest of us.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman

A leading earthquake scientist has warned that the planet could be cracking up after a series of massive quakes in just 48 hours.

-Expert Gheorghe Marmureanu - from Romania's National Institute of Earth Physics

members.beforeitsnews.com...:_Earth_Is_Cracking_Up.html

Now I know alot of people are going to write this off simply because this guy is Romanian and for whatever reason a Romanian scientist doesn't hold the 'credentials' a western scientist does. Don't make that mistake. This guy is the head of, im assuming, an esteemed institute of higher learning in Romania, therefore he must have some credibility no? You can't write it off completely because you KNOW that our weather is all f*cked up all over the world. You've seen the article talking about the waking up of the ring of fire. We've seen 2 apocalyptic tsunamis in just 8 years... times are strange. keep your chins up ATS
edit on 15-4-2012 by TheCoffinman because: link

You believe stuff you read at "Before It's News".... The journalism / stories there smell worse than the stuff you'd find underneath an outhouse.... [👃's like 💩]

btw, yes, the weather is extremely strange everywhere but to assume the Romanian is from an "esteemed institute of higher learning" doesn't put to much credibility on what he says or how much you believe it.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
This could explain why so many flight attendants and pilots are cracking up.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

At any rate, humanoids have been here for at least a million years without getting wiped out so any cyclic catastrophes with periods in the thousands to hundreds of thousands of years haven't wiped us out yet so I would lean toward non-sensational.
reply to post by dainoyfb

I think that the Out Of Africa theory is proof that humans were all but extinct aside from a small population in Africa and smaller groups in various other places. That is, if our DNA can be traced there, this is only 60,000 years max. That's not very long.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Not proving you wrong, but rather the initial poster whom you are referring:

The Local Interstellar Cloud (or Local Fluff) is the interstellar cloud roughly 30 light years across through which the Earth's solar system is currently moving. The Solar System is thought to have entered the Local Interstellar Cloud at some time between 44,000 and 150,000 years ago and is expected to remain within it for another 10,000 to 20,000 years.

The dreaded Wikipedia

Here's an article from Nasa:

December 23, 2009: The solar system is passing through an interstellar cloud that physics says should not exist. In the Dec. 24th issue of Nature, a team of scientists reveal how NASA's Voyager spacecraft have solved the mystery.

"Using data from Voyager, we have discovered a strong magnetic field just outside the solar system," explains lead author Merav Opher, a NASA Heliophysics Guest Investigator from George Mason University. "This magnetic field holds the interstellar cloud together and solves the long-standing puzzle of how it can exist at all."

Voyager Makes an Interstellar Discovery

This is what people are making a big deal about as far as the "hot magnetic cloud," specifically this portion of the article:

Astronomers call the cloud we're running into now the Local Interstellar Cloud or "Local Fluff" for short. It's about 30 light years wide and contains a wispy mixture of hydrogen and helium atoms at a temperature of 6000 C.

Now that's about at hot as the surface of the sun, but the cloud is extremely diffuse and is held at bay by the heliopause. In fact it is the combination of pressure of this cloud and the solar wind which creates the heliosphere in the first place.

The following excerpt is where people are getting the notion that the cloud is going to have an effect on the climate:

The fact that the Fluff is strongly magnetized means that other clouds in the galactic neighborhood could be, too. Eventually, the solar system will run into some of them, and their strong magnetic fields could compress the heliosphere even more than it is compressed now. Additional compression could allow more cosmic rays to reach the inner solar system, possibly affecting terrestrial climate and the ability of astronauts to travel safely through space.

However, what people also fail to realize is the time scale that are discussed:

These events would play out on time scales of tens to hundreds of thousands of years, which is how long it takes for the solar system to move from one cloud to the next.

That's tens of thousand of years in case anyone wants to jump to the conclusion that they are talking about tens of years...

A more recent paper on the topic shows, however:

Together, the Möbius et al. (2012) and Bzowski et al. (2012) results provide a new interstellar flow direction and a significantly lower velocity of the incoming gas and therefore significantly lower dynamic pressure on the heliosphere, which translates into a heliospheric interaction that is even less dominated by the external dynamic pressure and clearly lies squarely in the middle ground of astrospheres dominated by the external magnetic and dynamic pressures (McComas et al. 2009b).

EDITORIAL: INTERSTELLAR BOUNDARY EXPLORER (IBEX): DIRECT SAMPLING OF THE INTERSTELLAR MEDIUM

I note also that the poster has not answered my request for a link to any site which references

52,000 years ago the earths north pole was in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
in any form or fashion.

At least he has not when I began this post, which did take me a while to craft as I like to have links to what I am referring to included.

edit on 15-4-2012 by jadedANDcynical because: one "to" too many

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Avalessa

Yea and I assume you have a major in physical Geology? I'd trust an expert over your backwards ass Google searching any day. I love people like you who instantly state "The earth is not cracking up". You can even spell Cracking in the first place so why would anyone listen to you.

Also It's ignorant people like yourself that keep others from writing threads on ATS or even comment, just another typical ATS member with no explanation on the subject. peace bitch!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

If the earth does crack and it just so happens to be on December 21 2012, I will buy every member on ATS a beer

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Avalessa

This would be the 26,000 year cycle of passing through the galactic plain you are talking about ? and its unknown effects to come ??!!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite
If and when it all happens I hope the earth gives me enough time to get drunk and high and stand out on the hill like woody harrelson and scream at the top of my lungs as man is wiped from this planet again.

Man is a virus and the Earth caught it... It goes in remission from time to time but there is no cure.

I bet the earth will survive... us... well I really could care less.
edit on 15-4-2012 by Doalrite because: (no reason given)

people like you , are what is wrong with humanity you could not care less if we survive or not? let me guess your just sitting at home on your computer saying how bad things are at the moment , hoping aliens or ancient mayans or some other bull$%% will come and rescue us, your negativity behind a computer screen is not fixing this so called virus, i for one hope my children grow to see this marvelous planet. if and when it all happens u will already be drunk or high somewhere imo.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
wow it just like 2012 movie!!

In my country indonesia, we have a very strange weather,, now heavy rain,toworow very clear sky and hot air strike..
it just dont make sense, about 5 years ago weather is very balance, march to september is clear season,october to february is rain season..its disturbing,.i dont know what happen,ist worying..i just want to share with ATS..

Sory for my bad english

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
All this talk about Earth cracking up and going boom, is making me think of Kripton, the fictional planet from which Superman was born. Are we now living on the real Kripton and this planet is ready for some major fireworks? I have my doubts, I just think we live in the seriously unlucky times where fear has taken hold of everyone.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

'You are about to find out what happens when earth runs out of oil'

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
To be honest, I had no idea all of the quakes were happening until I browsed around the ATS before recently joining the brotherhood.

A few days ago I was at work and stumbled across a world map of all the recent quakes. They were marked in a red circle near/around most of the fault lines. I personally think the world is a living organism itself. It heals itself when its damaged. I know we've have been around for thousands of years. Today in this day and age we have the most activity on the earth than ever before. Maybe all of the stress and tension in this world is taking effect?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join