It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Expert: Earth Is Cracking Up

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by Barrios

Not in this exact area. From Parkfield north yeah they happen often.

LOL.

RUN FOR THE HILLS!

Again, a 3.5 earthquake in california, right near the san andreas fault is not uncommon.

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

I honestly don't see what is so funny. Read the San Luis Obispo article.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

What? The part of the article that states an earthquake is -due- in Califronia?

People have been saying that for decades. A 3.5 quake in a region that has those EVERY DAY is not evidence of a major quake impending.

It might happen tomorrow, it might happen in 50 years.

Calm. Down.

Or.

RUN FOR TEH HILLZ1

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

What? The part of the article that states an earthquake is -due- in Califronia?

People have been saying that for decades. A 3.5 quake in a region that has those EVERY DAY is not evidence of a major quake impending.

It might happen tomorrow, it might happen in 50 years.

Calm. Down.

Or.

RUN FOR TEH HILLZ1

The artticle covers the Carrizo plain. Like I said earthquakes are rare in this particular area.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Barrios

So tell me, which part of the article do you find most alarming ?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Barrios

The Historic Seismicity map for the area does indeed show that a quake in this particular location is indeed a rare occurrence. This may indicate that a locked portion of the fault is beginning to rupture. It is probably nothing, but you never know.

I would take this quake and question to Quake Watch 2012 for an opinion. There you will find some of the most knowledgeable ATS "quaketards" around.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
reply to post by Barrios

The Historic Seismicity map for the area does indeed show that a quake in this particular location is indeed a rare occurrence. This may indicate that a locked portion of the fault is beginning to rupture. It is probably nothing, but you never know.

I would take this quake and question to Quake Watch 2012 for an opinion. There you will find some of the most knowledgeable ATS "quaketards" around.

Thank you so much for that map. Every single day I check the California shake map and very rare do I see earthquakes in this area.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BooKrackers

ramping up the earths core and its process. Much like what the sun is going though.

That seems an extraordinary statement at a point when the Sun is quieter than it has been for many decades.

Perhaps you would care to elucidate?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

ramping up the earths core and its process. Much like what the sun is going though.

That seems an extraordinary statement at a point when the Sun is quieter than it has been for many decades.

Perhaps you would care to elucidate?

This is not quite correct. The sun is approaching "solar maximum" and will peak toward the end f this year, the beginning of next year.

Here is what has some astrophysicist concerned. This IS a Solar maximum cycle and the sun "should" be much more active than it is...but it's not. The activity we see...solar flares and CME's are not as prevalent as would be expected at peak in the normal 13 year cycle.

There was a wonderfully ugly little event that happened a handful of centuries ago...it was called the "Maunder Minimum". It is when the Sun enters a period of unusually low activity...almost a dormancy...and this is believed to be what caused "the Little Ice Age". This started in the mid to late 1600's and lasted till the early 1800's.

There was some calamity in there that magnified the effects...(Krakatoa or Tamborah erupted....forget which) and the ash cloud created an even more substantial cooling than the "Maunder Minimum" would have done by itself...it was a kind of "perfect storm" of events. Remember, the little Ice age is what led to crop failure in France (which led to the French Revolution)...Napoleon's crushing defeat in Russia...etc...etc...etc. It is what froze the Delaware river in the famous "Washington crosses the Delaware paintings. They say the air was so cold during Napoleon's invasion of Russia that the snow and ice just suspended in the air...like a dream world....the air was soooo cold and dense.

I never coin the term "Global warming" because as much as we like to say that is what is happening...it is actually "climate change" and the good ole sun...any time it chooses to do so....can shut us down and freeze our buns off...

If we enter another "Maunder Minimum" and the right conditions prevail...we will wish we had coughed a few more tons of co2 in the atmosphere.

I often wonder how much of that crap in the movie "2012" is actually based on fact. I am not an astrophysicist but I do understand part of the crap they said is actually fact....Neutrinos are not hampered by mass and can pass right through things....the story was the Sun's activity...releasing more neutrinos, caused the earth's core to superheat....so...since I don't know "all of the facts"...I must digress on this whole idea the world earthquakes are increasing in frequency and strength...I just don't know....

Data says they happen all the time, all over the place....are they stronger?...don't know. Are they more frequent?...don't know. Does the Sun have any effect on our tectonics?...maybe....don't know.
edit on 4/17/2012 by Damrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Simply put, both the sun and the earths core can and tend to be effected by the same things.....the things that pass through matter. Just because things like neutrinos pass through matter does not mean that a warped mutation of said particles cannot interact with said matter.

When you take into account that magnetism is a primary driving force behind all matter to include being a by product of a fission/fussion process, it is no wonder that the very same force can have a silly little effect on say something like .....I dunno...magma?

Granted, i cant pop the floor board of my Chevy and see the earths core like a glass bottom boat. yet you have to consider that what can effect the solar musing can also in theory effect the earths cores musing on the same level...the atomic level. Thats what im really getting at here.

What is occuring may very well not be solar related, but cosmically related that our solar system is currently interacting with....its not global warming, its solar system warming...and active or not...our solar system is heating up.

this would elude to a other force not easily recognizable by text book physics. Granted what we thought we knew is being turned upside down as we speak by new discovery.

So heres the thing......most people are just looking at this or that, they're not seeing the bigger picture here...my premise as far as earth quakes goes is just a step on the ladder...think 4-D not 2-D.

Rays from the sun (even though you say its settled down, which I dont really agree with), the laws of attraction in the earth and solar magnetosphere and the reaction to each other, the earths core activity in reaction to a force that much like a neutrino that passes through solid matter, high energy protons being emitted cosmically, matter/antimatter reactions in the earths atmosphere, the compression of the earths atmosphere within the ionosphere pushing down to the ground (compressing jet stream patterns), the metalicity of the earths magma, and yes earthquakes.........

Are all connected....and reacting to one another in a lopsided game of tug of war casuing this pang of hell we're all experienceing globally......this is my theory.

Now, what the prime culprit is? i dunno.....im not working for NASA....but I did stay at a holiday inn express....

Sorry for the spelling i attended public school as a child and Im typing faster than my toes will allow.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Mt Etna is spewing ash and rock
Tonga showing tick, tock
East side of the mighty blue
rocking, moving, breaking too

Cayce said it in a sleep
Japanese islands into the deep
Soon is followed western coast
LA to San Fran is toast

East Coast is the next to shake
Movement down it will take
Manhattan in a pinch
No time to even flinch

Cliffs of Dover high and white
Disappearing from our sight
In the twinkling of an eye
British Isles go bye bye

Into the Gulf they will flow
Great Lakes rising they now know
Through the muddy river wide
Down a hundred feet the tide

If you look at all the lists
You can see all the twists
Quaking now in diverse land
Prophecy is shown at hand

Watch the sun it will count
Through its flares plasma fount
Sending message from above
Only one to send the dove

Peace will not come to save
Creatures, us, so depraved
Will fall on knees to stop the pain
Karma is our holy stain

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The earth needs to crack up every now and then to produce volcanos that bring new life and land and help to spread the rain around too.

It's all good.

More CO2 means bigger faster plant vegetation.

In the mean time, try and keep out of the sun.

Last Ditch attempt to save World

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The theory that we pass the equatorial line of the galaxy on December 2012 might be ok, but, compare the size of our planetary system to the one of the magnetic cloud or just to the size of that equator. Does anyone thinks that this equator is a fine 1/1000 inch line on a leaf of paper, or what. Since how long time are we in the equatorial zone, how long more are we going to be. The core of our earth might heat up, but if he has not by now, how long more will it take. The equatorial line of the galaxy is more than 10000 years large. I do not believe in all that theories, But, there is a higher amount of quakes recorded world-wide. In 1990, or some time around that year, there was a quake in the German volcanic Eiffel, a 8,5 quake happened a few days ago there. In Bohol there had not been any quake recorded since a long time, A series of quakes was registered in Negros and Bohol on the Philippine Atoll 2 month ago. This is just beside Borneo. So, let's see and wait what is going to happen end of the year. We know we are crossing the galactic equator, we know that we enter in a new Katun, a new platonic year. But more we don't know.

So, there is enough panic making in this world, and, on the other side we know that some microwave power devices are operative like the Haarp systems. And that technologies can be used to create some of those events as well. Many things that happen actually seem not to be very kosher to my opinion.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
As a few people before me have said. This is possibly a normal part of a cycle. The unfortunate thing in my opinion is that this may be a part of a cycle that we have never seen before. I have noticed the increase in earthquake and volcanic activity as well and I have read up on many theories explaining it. Such as "Magnetic pole reversals, the sun cycle, crossing the galactic plane and even read up on articles where aliens are supposedly responsible."

Out of everything I have looked into i would say (in my opinion) that the most plausible explanation with the given knowledge we have now is that the current solar cycle may have some extra surprises that we have never observed before in recorded history.

(Note: I might look into some research articles relating to geologic studies. Perhaps someone found soil layers or even possibly layers of unexplained samples.)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Thanks for responding.

Simply put, both the sun and the earths core can and tend to be effected by the same things.....the things that pass through matter.

To cut a long story short it would seem that you subscribe to the Electric Universe theories. I guess I am pretty much with you on that one.

What is occuring may very well not be solar related, but cosmically related that our solar system is currently interacting with....its not global warming, its solar system warming...and active or not...our solar system is heating up.

In the sense that the apparent warming is measurable on other planets and moons in the system, yes I agree.

Rays from the sun (even though you say its settled down, which I dont really agree with), the laws of attraction in the earth and solar magnetosphere and the reaction to each other, the earths core activity in reaction to a force that much like a neutrino that passes through solid matter, high energy protons being emitted cosmically, matter/antimatter reactions in the earths atmosphere, the compression of the earths atmosphere within the ionosphere pushing down to the ground (compressing jet stream patterns), the metalicity of the earths magma, and yes earthquakes.........

Forgive me for observing that you seem to have strayed off course there. 'Metalicity'? How about electricity?

I think we are on the same tack mainly. There is much more to the interconnections that science allows for at present, but we are learning. As regards the Sun you have to admit that the activity levels are much lower than they should be approaching a Solar Max.

Sorry for the spelling i attended public school as a child and Im typing faster than my toes will allow.

Curious because in England 'Public Schools' are the best Private Schools. I went to one, but yes I know what you mean. The brain races ahead of the fingers (or toes if you prefer)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Damrod

This is not quite correct.

Yes, my bad. I should at have said the Sun is quieter than it has been for decades at this point in the solar cycle

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
The most simple explanation for the increasing disasters is that when mankind reaches a certain point in time, their black karma becomes huge and then higher powers will make us suffer to pay back our debts. Typically that is when a world war and a plague comes to cleanse us. But now we became worse than ever and did more bad stuff than ever before in 60 years and mankind rejected all Gods - an action in itself generating massive karma.

So the prophecies could see all these things happening in a forward time-space, it is just a natural consequence of mankind´s corrupted morality. And good people with high moral standards will be unaffected and stay safe. As I see it there is one enormous thing that happened in the last 20 years and it is the arrival of Falun Dafa - that is the stairway to heaven and it is the Holy Grail that all people searched for in the old times. It came at the worst point in time to let people improve mind and body during the downslide.

Anyone who knows Falun Dafa superficially, that it is good and who can agree on Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance in daily life will have a good future. Of course one should respect higher powers in higher dimensions, atheism may sound "smart" in some people´s ears but in fact it is unrealistic to say that all dimensions except this one is empty and has no order to their things. The whole universe must be built logically and benevolent or else we would not exist.

Just my two cents, no truth can be offered...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I meant metalicity as it pertains to electromagnetism and the magnetism pull of magma as it is attracted to the surface.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lostjohnny

the CO2 issue is a bit off topic but since you brought it up.... more CO2 does not make for bigger better plants any more than excess oxygen makes for bigger better humans. there aren't enough plants to absorb all the CO2 even if they COULD use massive amounts over their usual limit. if you drink an excess amount of water it can kill you.

www.science20.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

I agree with that scientist. I monitor the USGS every day and it seems like there are more large earthquakes everyday.I think it is a wee bit scary. The volcanos are gearing up also.. Ready to blow alot of them are...

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join