It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sonic boom UK UFO

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I live in a town called Frome in Somerset and I work as a delivery driver, I was in Nunney which is just outside Frome and I saw the Typhoon fighters but alas no UFO!!! it is very odd to see Euro fighters over Frome which is what caught my attention!!! we are near aloot of millitary Units with the Army just over the border in wilts and the Navy Air Arm about 20 miles south in Yeovil but they do not have Typhoons on that base! these air craft where absolutly gunning it in a north west heading towards Bristol!!! Just cant belive I missed the damn UFO!!!!!! DOH!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I work from home and on the same day the sonic booms were heard I watched through my office window a giant cigar shaped silver ufo going east from the west (no wings) size around 3 times the size of a 747 flying at the same height and speed as the normal commercial jets that pass every few minutes, it was very large and a very clear day. At 1st I thought i was going mad and my eyes were playing me up, but then saw it again around 50mins later so went and got my binos in case it came back and it did around 30mins after going east again, very clear through binos no markings no windows no wings no idea what this was, just wish i had space on my camera but it was full So I saw this 3 times that day back and forth same flight path each time the commercial planes must have seen and reported this, I live in Bridgend South Wales, I have seen and taken pictures of other objects in another location that landed near my home but have recently moved here and this is the 1st thing I have seen in 6months.

Before anyone says it, not a balloon or airship or swamp gas, this was flying as fast as commercial jets

I believe anyone can see these strange objects, and this can happen quite often, you just need to start taking notice of the skies Look UP more often

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Yes, the cigar shape object in the youtube video is def what i saw in south wales 3 times the same day as the Bath ufo pics shaped like a cigar or now i have read it here a rocket shape but to much width for a normal rocket

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

What is the weather like at GCHQ today? you read reports of government employees discrediting ufo reports, your comments are over the top me thinks

didn't see it, so it didn't happen, what a great investigation, well I saw it and I saw it 3 different times that day and it did happen

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
If it was a sonic boom by these jets the sound has covered an area around 1000 square miles approx.
How far away can you hear a sonic boom,If i was in a area say a desert and 2 jets went super sonic how far would i have to be from them before i couldn't hear them 50miles 100 miles,How many decibels is a sonic boom does it vary on different planes due to size weight.
I live in Birmingham must admit i didn't hear it ,no one i spoke to about it heard it,and most of my friends come from all over the Midlands

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Here is the latest news report on the similar sounding Costa del Sol incident; some more witness statements and responses from the authorities.

Source

A BRITISH expat is convinced she saw a UFO hovering above the Costa del Sol. Mary Ann Whyte Wood, 61, a retired company director from Berkshire, saw what she described as a large, gold, cigar-shaped object. She believes it was the reason three Spanish fighter jets – and a helicopter – were scrambled in the area in the middle of the night over Easter. She told the Olive Press the ‘spooky’ object had a kite-shaped sheet below it which pulsed with red and green flashing lights. She insisted it hovered for around three to four minutes before disappearing in the blink of an eye. “I was gobsmacked,” the widow, who lives in Benahavis, explained. “My son-in-law is a senior commercial pilot and my daughter is training to be one so I know what a plane looks and sounds like, but I’m at a loss to explain what it was.” Clearly startled by the incident, she continued: “It sounded like a huge industrial tumble dryer, I have searched on the internet but I can’t find anything that looks even remotely similar.”

Her neighbour Alison Woods, who is married to a former RAF engineer, confirmed the strange incident. “I heard something very strange that night, that really was not a normal plane,” she said. “Curiously my husband saw something that matched the same description while he was serving in Cyprus in the 1990s. “He reported it to the airbase but they said there was nothing on the radar. “Of course, he was made a laughing stock the following day but he is convinced that what he saw can’t be explained,” she added.

The sighting came at 5am on Easter Sunday at the same time loud fighter jets – probably Eurofighters – caused panic among expats along the coast. Hundreds of people called and emailed the Olive Press to enquire about the incident. DJ Maurice Boland, from iTalk FM, was one of the first on the phone on the Sunday morning. “It was frightening, I thought something was going to crash into my house,” he said. “My grandchildren were crying, the dogs were going mad and I could see lights going on in houses all over the place.” Many insisted that as well as the planes and a helicopter, there was clearly something else flying around. While their motive remains unclear, one expat James Harnetty, 30, from London, claims the jets appeared to be searching for something. “The jet I saw was definitely after something, or trying to protect the coast. “It looked like a Eurofighter and I could hear a helicopter in the area as well,” added the health shop owner.

Police in Marbella said: “We have been contacted by many worried citizens, we have only been able to find out that the flights had authorisation, but we don’t know any more.” Police in Estepona also confirmed they had received a large number of calls but admitted they were equally baffled. A spokesman for Malaga Airport’s operations centre was guarded, adding: “We are unable to comment.” A spokesman for nearby Gibraltar Airport said that it was unaware of any such activity as Gibraltar air space – which is only open from 8am-9pm – was closed. But finally a spokesman from the Spanish Air Force said a Spanish Eurofighter jet had been scrambled from Moron to intercept an unidentified plane flying without lights or a flight plan. “We do not know what exactly the plane was doing as we were unable to locate it, but the most probable explanation is it was a plane from Morocco carrying drugs.” But residents remain sceptical given the cost to mount such an operation. Reader Richard Jones added: “I am not convinced. I cannot understand why the Spanish media are not mentioning this. This incident woke up thousands of people on the coast and caused a lot of stress and worry.”

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by bsalert

Why didnt you take a photo of it? everybody has a camera phone these days dont they?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Sorry i got it wrong the Taranis is actually 200lb lighter than the hawk that would make a difference to its top speed
According to bae systems the Taranis is "an unmanned combat aircraft" so speed would be a major factor in its design?
edit on 19-4-2012 by dashdespatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsalert

Yes, the cigar shape object in the youtube video is def what i saw in south wales 3 times the same day as the Bath ufo pics shaped like a cigar or now i have read it here a rocket shape but to much width for a normal rocket

You doe realise that tommyjo posted those pics to show that people often misidentify objects, such as balloons, for UFO's, don't you? You basically just said "Yeah, I saw a Balloon!"

What is the weather like at GCHQ today? you read reports of government employees discrediting ufo reports, your comments are over the top me thinks

A typical if tired old response by someone who has little else to offer. I've covered the "disinfo agent" angle already.

didn't see it, so it didn't happen, what a great investigation, well I saw it and I saw it 3 different times that day and it did happen

And yet, despite having seen it 3 times you failed to capture any pictures or video of said event? Sorry dude, but that's lame. If that was me, on the 2nd or 3rd pass I'd have made sure I got something

Currently, we have stacks of evidence for the official story and yet bugger all to support the idea of a UFO, bar a few blurry shots of something that may or may not have been a UFO. The shots are out of focus and lack any context, making it impossible to make any assumptions, much less that it was the object the Typhoons were interested in.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

Yeah, for some reason I had read it as such, rather than being heavier..

Even so, the engine has never gone supersonic before and isn't designed too, so I would be very surprised if the Taranis did, especially as it is only a test bed aircraft not a final design. There is no design requirement at present for a supersonic UCAV.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Its meant to start flight tests this year
THe jaguar used the same engine and could fly at mach 1.6
edit on 23-4-2012 by dashdespatch because: added info

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

No, it didn't. The Jaguar had an after burning variant (Mk 106) which enabled supersonic flight. The Taranis does not use that variant, it has the Mk 951.

EDIT: It actually started flight tests late last year, so I am told. The MoD is quite stum on the subject though, so it's hard to be certain. Besides, it is a test bed, not an actual final design. It is meant to showboat 10 years of R&D, plus what we pinched off the Yanks.
edit on 23/4/12 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

How do you know it uses that engine? its not mentioned on the bae web site

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch

How do you know it uses that engine? its not mentioned on the bae web site

Trying to be a smart arse now? Lost the super-sonic argument so now resorting to something quite lazy.

Nigel Whitehead, group managing director of BAE's Programmes and Support operating unit which is part of "Team Taranis" (the group under which all the suppliers co-ordinate) has said as much, that's how I know. Rolls Royce are also quite open about it too.

If you bother to look, you'll find plenty of interviews with various people and organisations involved, mostly on aviation publications.

www.flightglobal.com...
www.rolls-royce.com...
www.flightglobal.com... word=&searchMode=Manufacturer

EDITL It also helps to have a whole family (and friends too) full of service personel, including serving RAF officers...

edit on 24/4/12 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by KROandSOTV
If it was a sonic boom by these jets the sound has covered an area around 1000 square miles approx.
How far away can you hear a sonic boom,If i was in a area say a desert and 2 jets went super sonic how far would i have to be from them before i couldn't hear them 50miles 100 miles,How many decibels is a sonic boom does it vary on different planes due to size weight.
I live in Birmingham must admit i didn't hear it ,no one i spoke to about it heard it,and most of my friends come from all over the Midlands

But would you rather be a sausage or an egg??

I live in Coventry and believe me it was loud.

Note that some months later and no details of the helicopter that hit the panic button, who was flying it, who owned it etc etc. Nada, zilch classic case of the MOD hoping, if they simply don't say anything more, it will just go away. Unfortunately for the MOD, the sightings of something anomalous and the Typhoons investigating it, hit the social networks before they had time to make up a cover story for scrambling jets over land at a supersonic speed.

Pic here of the aircraft and the "object"

twitter.com...
edit on 21-7-2012 by FireMoon because: To add information

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
can people still hear strange rumblings above the earth, not planes sounds low runbling, what is it

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon

Note that some months later and no details of the helicopter that hit the panic button, who was flying it, who owned it etc etc. Nada, zilch classic case of the MOD hoping, if they simply don't say anything more, it will just go away.

Where have you been hiding? All this information was available at the time.

Pilot of the Gazelle helicopter was Martin Perret. Registration of the helicopter was G-IBNH
One of the passengers along with his family was racehorse owner Anthony Knott.

Picture of G-IBNH

www.planepictures.net...

www.caa.co.uk...

www.caa.co.uk...

G-IBNH registration.

Registered Owners:BUCKLAND NEWTON HIRE LTD
COURT FARM
BUCKLAND NEWTON
DORCHESTER
DT2 7BT

Knott said, “We left Aintree before the last race and were on the outskirts of Bath when suddenly two jets came out of nowhere, swooped up from underneath us, and sent the helicopter around 30 or 40 degrees. The pilot told us to hang on because we were going to catch the turbulence, and with that it was just like being inside a ping-pong ball, and even though we were strapped in I hit my head on the roof. It was lucky it was an ex-military helicopter because he said had it been an ordinary helicopter we would have been killed.” The pilot, Knott’s friend Martin Perrett, landed safely, but was at a loss as to explain the apparent mayday call, as there had been no problems at all on the flight, and he had not sent out any call for help.

www.geegeez.co.uk...

www.thisisdorset.co.uk...

Picture of Gazelle helicopter and one of the Typhoons at following link.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Quite...

Often, that "months later and still nothing" is trotted out on ATS as proof the original story was bunk, which is a fallacy of course. It's simply a case of them not bothering to look.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by tommyjo

Quite...

Often, that "months later and still nothing" is trotted out on ATS as proof the original story was bunk, which is a fallacy of course. It's simply a case of them not bothering to look.

Very true. Wait till he/she reads that the Gazelle was ex-military! Positive proof of Government conspiracy and so on.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Yes....you'd have at least thought they could have shopped the sky to actually look something like the conditions on the day.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join