It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sonic boom UK UFO

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by torsion

Good find on the pictures , thanks for posting

Curiouser and curiouser , what was that thing
, when I first saw the original picture I thought it was a contrail but that series of pictures casts doubt on my assumption .

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kamatty

So, despite the fact we now have two witnesses who were in the helicopter, who confirmed the helo pilot was in communication with the Typhoons, whjo confirmed they were the ones being buzzed by the Typhoons and then confirmed that they flew off once it was confirmed to be a false alarm, you still think it's fishy?

C'mon...

The simplest explanation is likely to be right one, and in this case if the Pilot didn't enter the code, then maybe his transponder was faulty?

But some people would rather believe the extraordinary over the ordinary, despite any evidence against it.

Originally posted by dashdespatch
reply to post by stumason

the bae taranis might be that fast its spec has not yet been released but it looks pretty quick

www.baesystems.com...

It uses the same engine ( as the T-45 Goshawk of the USN and is actually much heavier. The Goshawk can only do Mach 0.8, so it is reasonable to assume that the Taranis performance is of a similiar nature, if less because of the added weight.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

So the object above the Typhoons's in the 4th photograph of this sequence wasn't actually there then? :-

www.thisisbath.co.uk...#

Are you saying it's faked?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Without any kind of context, it is impossible to say. It could be an airliner flying way above, it could be an artifact on the camera, it could be a cloud, or it could be an Alien mother ship filled to the brim with blood sucking reptilians.

If that was taken in Bristol, then it is directly under the flightpath of one of the busiest air traffic routes in the world, namely London to the US. The sky is filled with aircraft all day long, so personally I am going with either an airliner which is out of focus or a fake.

If it was a UFO, why did the Typhoons pay all that attention to the helo, then go home when they found the helo was perfectly safe? If they had been scrambled for a UFO, they wouldn't have paid any attention to the helo at all.

And, in fact, history shows that previous RAF scrambles to actual UFO's have not been covered up that deeply. I have a book at home with documents from the US and UK going back to WW2 which detail many such intercepts. Some turned out to be mundane, others where unexplained, but there was never any great effort to keep the fact aircraft had been scrambled under wraps. In fact, you can request those very same documents with an FOI request. They might be cagey about what they actually saw, mind you.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Did you read the eyewitness account of Mr Sam Whyte near the foot of the page? I quote:-

“The jet was weaving around the helicopter as if to warn it off. The noise was incredible.”

But he added: “At the same time high above, another Typhoon, the shape is very distinctive, was seemingly buzzing a white object at about 35,000 ft. This white rocket-shaped object was in the NE and stationary. Clouds eventually obscured both but we had been watching for maybe five minutes. We were not seeing things

And another eyewitness. Again i quote:-

A witness on this website said: “My mother and sister also witnessed the silver floating object. They described it as shaped like a rocket, and that it moved horizontally, then stopped, then moved vertically up until they lost sight of it.”

We can only guess what may or may not have occured. Those people saw it. There is more to this than we are being told officially

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

So, pretty much the same as any other UFO sighting. Joe publics claim to see something, without actually knowing what they look like or having any kind of previous aircraft identification experience. I personally only believe "professional witnesses", such as Police, airline or military pilots or ground crew who are used to seeing things in the sky, of which there are plenty of examples in previous sightings and they lend credibility as they can say exactly what they saw.

This time though, we seem to have the "official" story matching that of the people in the helo. The only discrepancy is a couple of people on the ground with no known previous aircraft knowledge saying they saw "something" and guessing, basically. It would be impossible for a layman to tell if the second Eurofighter was indeed "circling" the "object", or if it was in fact thousands of feet away and below it..

If only there was a video, rather than stills. This would make it much easier to determine what was going on. A still photo can be taken wayyyyyy out of context, especially when people crop and zoom them.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

The only aircraft i know of that can manouvere on a vertical plane is a Hawker Siddeley Harrier. Those have been de-commisioned. If the eyewitness said it went up vertically then i have no reason to disbelieve.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Perspective can play tricks..

Just look at the supposed "rocket firing" off the West coast of the US a few years ago.. Caused much fuss, especially round here on ATS and the pics certainly did look like one.

But it turned out to be the contrails of an aircraft reflecting the setting sun, but when seen from certain angles the plane appeared to be heading "straight up" when it was in fact moving in a horizontal plane. As I said previously, untrained observers are not the best source at all.

Like I said, without a decent video with some points of reference, not a cropped, fuzzy zoomed image, it is impossible to say so leaping to extraordinary conclusions is foolish.

EDIT: And no, the Harrier is not the only aircraft that can move in the vertical plane whatsoever...
edit on 16/4/12 by stumason because: (no reason given)

EDIT 2: ANd they haven't been decommissioned at all.. The Yanks took them.
edit on 16/4/12 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

You believed it to be an airliner as you reckon it's on the Bristol flight path. So which airliners move vertically?
Yes the US Marines took the Harriers for spare parts in November 2011.. So why would one be flying over Bath, if indeed it was a Harrier? (Which i doubt)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
You believed it to be an airliner as you reckon it's on the Bristol flight path. So which airliners move vertically?

I'm being patient and trying to be constructive, but I think you are deliberately ignoring what I am saying. I didn't say an airliner could move vertically, what I did say was that a persons perspective and the curvature of the earth can make aircraft appear to move along the vertical, not the horizontal.

Also, there does not appear to be a picture of all FOUR objects (2 Typhoons, the Helo and this "UFO"). How do we know the UFO is not the helo but misidentified? If you have a picture of all four, that would be great, but also every image has been cropped and zoomed, so there is simply no way of telling if the objects are close to each other or what size they are.

Again, a video, if such a thing exists, would be much more preferable. Especially if it showed points of reference so we can make an educated guess as to size, direction, speed... A cropped, zoomed image does nothing.

Yes the US Marines took the Harriers for spare parts in November 2011.. So why would one be flying over Bath, if indeed it was a Harrier? (Which i doubt)

The Harrier isn't the only aircraft that can fly vertically and I never once said I thought it was one, you did. Why would I want to explain why an aircraft sold to the Yanks on 2011 is over Bath, when I never claimed as much?

Funnily enough, a helicopter can fly vertically... Just saying..

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

As you said in your previous post, eye witness accounts can be proved to be misleading. Equally eye witness accounts can be proved to be accurate. So the jury is still out on this incident. However you seem determined to prove that what they saw was in fact "Not what they saw" Why?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

However you seem determined to prove that what they saw was in fact "Not what they saw" Why?

Not at all, but rather trying to determine the truth rather than leaping to an outlandish conlcusion based on no evidence whatsoever.

Like I said, find me a video or a shot of all four "objects" with reference points in shot and then we'll have something to look at.

I'm not a disbeliever in UFO's, but neither am I an idiot, so don't expect me to behave like one and leap to a conclusion with no corroborating evidence.

Currently, all the evidence (such as the very pictures your using showing the helo and two Typhoons, plus the people in the helo itself) available points to the "official" story being the truth and this mystery object, if there was one at all, is simply a misidentifed aircraft.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The whole helicopter emergency transmit code stinks imo, there's a possible connection with this UFO report here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I am no expert but the taranis is only 2000lb heavier than the hawk wouldnt improved aerodynamics compensate for the extra weight?
The hawk can reach supersonic speeds in a dive cant it?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
@stumason

I can say for certain that the unidentified object was not a cloud. I'm not saying its aliens.

I have posted this in other threads about this incident on ATS.

On the day of the event at 18:39,(Sonic boom was at 18:10? Jets arrived in Bath at about 18:15?) I got a phone call from my Mother, who lives in Bath, where it all happened. She told me she had heard the sound of jets outside and went out to have a look, and saw the jets but also saw this object she described as "silver and rocket shaped object hanging vertically in the sky" which she watched all the time and she told me everything it was doing while she was still on the phone. It moved horizontally for a few minutes, then stopped for a while, then moved vertically until it was obscured by a huge dark cloud that was rolling in from the north. It was bright and sunny with some clouds, but this huge dark cloud was a big weather front rolling in.

I was intrigued, as I am interested in UFOs and related phenomena. I had told them to stop talking to me and get their camera out, but they said it was too high to get with their cheap camera.

A few hours later somebody (N Denny?) put those 20 or so photos of it on Flickr. My mother visited me the next day and I showed them to her, zoomed in on them, and she and my sister both strongly agreed that that was what they saw.

If you look at the Flickr photos zoomed in you can see that there is no way on earth that it is a cloud, the edges are too defined for something that far away. It has to be an object. I'm not saying its alien, but it just bugs me when people dismiss it as a cloud, because that show they haven't even looked at the photos.

I forgot to address the idea of it being an aircraft. This doesn't fit any of the evidence because the object was observed for a space of about 30-40 minutes, where it spent very approximately ten minutes moving horizontally, 5 minutes stationary, and another 10 minutes rising vertically. Also the observed shape doesn't match any known aircraft. (silver cylinder, upright at all times, with a hockey-stick kink at the lower end, slowly spinning on its vertical axis). An airliner for instance would move horizontally across the sky from horizon to horizon at fairly constant altitude, with its fuselage oriented with its direction of motion at all times.

The object is not the Helicopter. My mother saw the Helicopter, 2 jets and the object all at once. The helicopter is this one here:

Bath Gazelle

And is a distinctive Red. And did not fly with its nose vertical in the air for 40 minutes. The object was seen even after the helicopters and jets had been seen leaving the area.

The object was seen close to overhead rather that near the horizon.

As you say, its right under a busy flightpath, which actually means that my Mother and sister are very good at identifying what a normal plane on its flight path looks like, this wasn't one of them. I used to live in that house, and the aircraft you see on their way to Bristol are always low enough to hear and count the number of engines.

It certainly is an Unidentified Flying Object, in the literal sense.
edit on 17-4-2012 by TheTruthinessHurts because: Add part about aircraft theory

edit on 17-4-2012 by TheTruthinessHurts because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Have you ever heard the words Cover Story ?

Judging by your incessant support of the obvious cover story , perhaps you are , dare I say , a dis-info agent ?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

Perhaps, but I would be surprised if it added the 100mph or so needed to break the sound barrier. The Taranis is supposed to be a low observable, stealth aircraft. Speed isn't it's priority. And yes, many sub sonic planes can break the sound barrier in a dive, but isn't the supposed mystery object going up?

Usually, I am of the mind that UCAV's are the source of most UFO sightings, however.

reply to post by TheTruthinessHurts

Cheers for that, you did a good job saying what you saw. Don't suppose you have (or know of) any video of this? I never actually said it was a cloud myself though...

However...

An airliner for instance would move horizontally across the sky from horizon to horizon at fairly constant altitude, with its fuselage oriented with its direction of motion at all times.

Not necessarily. Depending on it's direction of travel, it's rate of climb, your position relative to it and it's airspeed, it can appear that aircraft exhibit strange behaviour in that they may appear stationary or look to be going up vertically.

reply to post by dawnprince

Now, I will say again for those having problems with it, but I am not a disbeliever (I have actually seen 2 quite believable UFO's myself over the years which I could not explain away) but rather a pragmatist. Currently, the helo story stacks up far more evidence than anything else. All the "It must be a UFO" lot have is a few blurry images of a zoomed in something-or-other.

I'm sorry, but there have been much better sightings of a "UFO" than this with better pics that have turned out to be mundane, so while it may be annoying for some to the point they start slinging pointless and baseless insults around, you'll just have to accept that I am not a total moron and require some evidence.

The fact you cannot add anything of substance to the convo and dive right in with the (very old and tired) tactic of labelling me a "disinfo" agent speaks volumes about you. How about you stop being a prat and instead of attacking the person, provide a modicum of evidence to back up your side of this debate. We're all supposed to be adults, try acting like it.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I consider myself told .

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by supamoto
Is it possible that militay aircraft would fly so low as to cause peoples homes to vibrate/shake & at supersonic speed (across a large part of the country) to a helicopter inccident in Somerset??? I think not.
London or another large UK city maybe .
They were definately chasing something.

Helicopter passenger tells of Typhoon jet drama over Bath A racehorse owner has told how the helicopter he was flying in was targetted by two RAF fighter jets in a scare over Bath. The helicopter – owned by a plant hire firm in Dorset – was taking 47-year-old Anthony Knott home from a race meeting at Aintree when it sparked the drama on Thursday evening.

www.thisissomerset.co.uk...

Quick Reaction Alert covers the whole of the UK from two bases. RAF Leuchars and RAF Coningsby with Eurofighter Typhoons. Yes they are tasked to cover all emergency situations. The helicopter was squawking the hijack code and the air defence controller scrambled the Quick Reaction Alert from RAF Coningsby.

See procedures

Procedures for airborne security threats
edit on 17-4-2012 by tommyjo because: Malformed link corrected

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
You just have to look at the confusion caused by the likes of mylar and solar balloons? All I see here is pure coincidence of such an object being in the sky and conspiracy theorists putting their spin on it.

Just to clarify the times on the Bath UFO set by Neil Denny. I've contacted Neil and his camera was 20 minutes fast. The first image was actually taken at 1830 local and not 1850 local.

www.flickr.com...

www.flickr.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join