It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Challenge To All Christians.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

False assumptions, again,

I do not assume it's the word of God just because someone told me that, that would be asinine,

I assume it's the Word of God because of thousands of Biblical scholars and PhD's who've dedicated their lives to proving it's authenticity, I believe it's the Word of God because of a multitude of personal experiences I've had and personal convictions, I believe it's the Word of God because Biblical Archaeology has proven it, I believe it's the Word of God because it has thousands of prophecies in it which have come to pass over the years, I believe it's the Word of God because it has changed billions of lives for the better, I believe it's the Word of God because it is the best selling book in history, I believe it's the Word of God because it's message has remained consistent through the days of the ancients, and still stands in our modern world, I believe it's the Word of God because of the hundreds of Messianic prophecies and the unwavering faith of Paul and Peter and all the apostles who witnessed Jesus Christ firsthand and wrote of there experiences,

There, now, not so cyclical, is it?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

it may have been accurate then but not now...... and if god didnt want us having sex he should have made it a painful act not something to be craved.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

because of a multitude of personal experiences I've had and personal convictions,

Many people of different religions and faiths other than christians have had 'personal experiences' and 'personal convictions'. So who is really having experiences? or is it all just in your head? It doesn't make sense that you can have experiences from your god (who condemns other gods), but at the same time, others who believe in other gods have experiences as well..

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

So you are saying that two men having safe sex together will inevitably result in aids? Are you saying that because you slam your views in the faces of others, that your god finds it perfectly acceptable for you to make claims which have time and time again been proven to be false? I thought lying was a sin no more or less than sexual deviance? I do not understand. A life long same sex relationship isn't anymore or less dangerous than a life long relationship with a member of the opposite sex. How is a man and a woman having anal or oral sex bad? I mean sure, if you aren't a clean person you might get something, but guess what, if you have regular vaginal sex and are not hygienic you could very well still get something.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by doomedtoday

You misunderstand what I said,

If you want to have a same sex monogamous relationship with another man, that is your choice,

What you're probably going to deal with is judgement and predjudice from the world, and people mocking and shaming you, these are the negative consequences you'd experience from it,
if you're strong enough to persist through the worlds condemning judgments, and remain faithful and loving, more power to you.

And obviously, no, you aren't going to catch AIDS wearing a condom, and no I do not believe every homosexual sexual encounter leads to AIDS or STDS, I simply said it is one of the risks and negative consequences of homosexual behavior....

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCelestialHuman

The supernatural realm is vast,

The human mind is full of imagination and embellishment,

There are many false prophets, deceptive spirits, malevolent beings, nephilim roaming the outer realms, etc,

Except ours (Christians) crazy claims are backed up by a crucified savior that 2+ billion people believe in, almost all ~7 billion people on earth have heard of, and is attested to through a compilation of 66 books, written by 40+ authors, over 1,500+ years, signed by God Almighty Himself, and believed in by billions (tens of billions probably) throughout history.....

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Still cyclical. I don't see how it isn't. You're presupposing something is true in an appeal to authority and then you are continuing the argument. It's neither here nor there at this point, because you're defending something that more important than life, you're defending a "divine" ideology. No amount of explanation on my part, or anyone else's will change that. That much, I know.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Who is to say our dating techniques are even correct? For years paleontologists thought dinosaur bones turned to solid rock only to find out if you soak them in an acid wash for 23 minutes the marrow softens up and becomes supple tissue again.

God told Moses the story of our creation, and for 3500 years man believed we were made from earth. If you take a human being and pull them apart by their base components guess what? You have the exact same elements that make up our planet. Elements like silicon, calcium, iron, hydrogen, oxygen, h2o, sodium and dozens of other elements all found in the ground. The book of Genesis says Yahweh scooped up a handful of the earth and spat in it and moulded man from it and breathed life into him. Guess what? The human genome project found unknown DNA in human DNA and they cannot explain where it came from and they checked the unknown DNA against everything known to man and they do not know where it came from nor can they explain how it got there. Saliva also has h2o in it and DNA, so who gave Moses this knowledge when 3500 years ago man had no idea what science was?

Science is just now beginning to catch up to the bible.

Apostle John foretold an event in Revelation 12 that couldn't even be seen by the naked eye, but that event happened in space during the daylight on September 28 2011 by comet Elenin when astronomers were using the astronomical program called "starry night" to see what Elenin was doing and this is what they saw from the book of Revelation that was prophecied 2000 years ago.

How did the prophet Daniel prophecy the birth of Jesus correctly when he lived 500 years before Jesus?

The tomb of Simon Peter, an Apostle of Jesus was discovered with the aramaic name of Christ (Yeshua) carved onto it signifying who he believed in, his bones in his ossuary with the name Simon bar Jonah (Simon son of Jonah) on the lid, and Lazarus, Martha and Mary's family tomb was discovered with their ossuaries within.

To add the cherry on top, yet more archeaologists discovered the true Mt Sinai and Mt. Horeb complete with artifacts clearly depicted in the Holy Bible adding to the book's historical accuracy:

Science is just beginning to catch up to the bible and it's proving it true. Archeaology is a truly amazing science and is beginning to prove the New Testament happened and is real. People can decry this all they want to but the archeaology stands as it's own witness and on firm ground.

In archeaology we have a saying: "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence". We are just now beginning to find this evidence of the bible by actually using the bible as a map and quite literally finding these artifacts using the bible as a roadmap.
edit on 13-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MissCoyote

Can you cite specific examples that were accurate then but are no more accurate?

I will help cast aside any doubts you have and answer any questions you propose to me, God willing,

Just remain open minded and seek Truth,

Amen

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Is it not just as much a risk in heterosexual behavior? What does aids have to do with my question? Why did you bring up aids about homosexuals but not about sex in general? You have not answered my question, you have only beat around the bush if you will. You said sex was bad because it leads to jealousy and disease and whatnot but you have not proven that it does so. I'll agree that it can, but so many other things can as well. Why is it bad?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

You're right, but you're assuming I'm doing it out of blind faith, which I'm not.

I have taken every atheistic approach, every atheistic argument, and smashed them to pieces,

I was an atheist myself the first 19 years of my life,

Only through large periods of time spent soul searching, researching, and meditating have I come to my current faith.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Of course it is!

As I stated, ALL sexual immorality is bad for your mind, body, soul, being, and not recommended by God (though I and I'm sure every one of us is very guilty of it, haha)

We just strive for perfection, we are nowhere near perfect,

That is exactly the point I try to make to my homosexual Christian friends and the homophobic Christians who I encounter - sexually immorality is a rampant, human wide problem, not a local problem in the homosexual community.
edit on 4/13/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Except ours (Christians) crazy claims are backed up by a crucified savior that 2+ billion people believe in, almost all ~7 billion people on earth have heard of, and is attested to through a compilation of 66 books, written by 40+ authors, over 1,500+ years, signed by God Almighty Himself, and believed in by billions (tens of billions probably) throughout history.....

Matthew 7:14:

But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Based on your statistics you just gave and this quote from your holy book, it hardly sounds like your following the right religion, if in fact only a few find life.. yet another contradiction...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I'm not a Christian, but rather a gnostic pagan shaman. I'll explain what "god" is per my current understanding.

First, god has no gender; it is neither he or she or it, but for the sake of making this more understandable, I'll refer to god as he. It makes no logical sense for god to have any sexuality because god is a spirit which has matured far past the current stage which our souls are at. The soul, with no body, is sexless. God, with no body, is then likely sexless as well.

Second, god doesn't care. He doesn't care about petty problems, he doesn't care about death, and he's not going to save us. Why? Because none of those things matter. Death is void; the cycle of life and death repeat constantly. Life is the intake of knowledge, death is reflection upon that knowledge. The body is ephemeral, the spirit is eternal. Regardless of what occurs upon the physical plane, the spiritual plane is unaffected. For this reason, the fate of our planet relies within our own hands, not the hands of gods.

Third, all imagination and thought is creation. A powerful enough consciousness can house other consciousnesses within itself, thus creating a universe. With that being said, per fractals, we are the manifestations of a god-mind, which is likely the manifestation of a greater god mind, and so on, ad nauseam; furthermore, our minds, upon thought, create manifestations, and thus create entire universes. The process repeats forever.

There's more but I don't want to make this post too long.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

What you're probably going to deal with is judgement and predjudice from the world, and people mocking and shaming you, these are the negative consequences you'd experience from it

welcome to the 21st century home of the "OH your gay HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wanna go shopping XD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCelestialHuman

Wide is that gate that leadeth to destruction - Sheol (hell) is but destruction, or blackness, death, (for most). How many unbelievers and wicked men will perish?

This verse can also be interpreted as most people will sin, and live a life of sin, and it will lead to there ultimate destruction, not necessarily eternal doom,

And narrow is that gate that lead to life,

Well, Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

How many people honestly find Christ?

Not all passages of the Bible have eternal implications, many are referring to life or destruction on this planet....eternal destinies are only determined by God Almighty upon judgement, based on many factors (beliefs, faith, works, age, spiritual and mental development, etc), God is a mighty, just, righteous judge, not a cruel tyrant, people will be judged accordingly, and people will reap what they sow on this earth.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
well then ive been screwwed since conception. my parents werent married and im an abomination from premartial sex.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MissCoyote

Absolutely not,

You're still breathing and alive, aren't you?

God has purpose for you yet.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

Of course it is!

As I stated, ALL sexual immorality is bad for your mind, body, soul, being, and not recommended by God (though I and I'm sure every one of us is very guilty of it, haha)

You're explaining to me why you believe it is bad, and I truly respect you for providing me with your opinion,but you cannot prove to me that your answer is indeed THE answer relating to the average person, you can only prove that it does happen to SOME people. How is a blowjob from your wife bad for your mind, body, soul, and being? I do not understand. I get them all the time and they haven't hurt me yet, if anything deviant sex helps me. My mood will often improve after a good BJ, which in turn leads to me being a better person and usually more productive, why is that a bad thing?
edit on 13-4-2012 by doomedtoday because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

yes my gods do have a purpose for me. to worship and give back to my true mother earth.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join