It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Challenge To All Christians.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCelestialHuman

He'll prove Himself shortly,

we are in the end times.

(probably within our lifetimes, hopefully soon, maybe even 2012, who knows exactly when, only the Almighty)
edit on 4/14/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/14/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Francis Collins (devout christian and head of the human genome project) suggests that there have been humans on earth for AT LEAST 100,000 years.

Sorry but the bible doesn't state the exact timeline of when man was on earth. People who think the bible claims man have only been on earth for 2,000+ years is just ignorant. There were human bones recovered with dinosaurs, we have been here for millions of years if you want to get your facts straight.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Correct me if i am wrong, according to your religion, in revelations, once god FINALLY proves himself, it will be too late for everyone who did not believe in him.. why would he not just prove himself before the end of the world if he wants everyone to worship him?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Sorry but the bible doesn't state the exact timeline of when man was on earth. People who think the bible claims man have only been on earth for 2,000+ years is just ignorant. There were human bones recovered with dinosaurs, we have been here for millions of years if you want to get your facts straight.

The bible was written starting around 4,000 years ago. several historical people in the bible lived 2,000-4,000 years ago.. man has not been here millions of years. according to the fossil record and what we know from human dna and the human genome project, man has been here around 100,000 years. you have been misinformed.

EDIT: Why is there no mention of dinosaurs in the bible?
edit on 14-4-2012 by TheCelestialHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

EDIT: Why is there no mention of dinosaurs in the bible?

Have you even read the bible? How would you know it doesn't mention dinosaurs. Check the book of enoch about the nephilim cross breeding species which led to the great flood.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Here you go watch the whole series, I already know you won't though. One of the videos shows a human giant skeleton being dug up along with dinosaur bones in the same area.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Dinosaurs are just a plethora of created gaints, reptiles, creatures, that the Bible mentions,

Why doesn't the Bible talk of all the different sharks? Or types of snakes? Or list every type of bug?

Because, it's unimporant to the Biblical message.

We know from the first chapter of Genesis, all creatures and creeping things were created by God.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Have you even read the bible?

Check the book of enoch about the nephilim

I have read both books.. but i have not read the book of enoch all the way through. There is no mention of dinosaurs. as far as the cross breeding issue goes the book of enoch describes them as giants i do believe.. and even if this were referring to dinosaurs let's not forget the book of enoch was written around 4,000 years ago.. the fossil record disproves this book if it is referring to dinosaurs..

Scientific evidence renders your argument useless... nice try though

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Scientific evidence renders your argument useless... nice try though

It's funny you say that, people will believe anything a scientists said and automatically consider it fact. Just like they come out with those discoveries that 1 in every 5 people is a ___ fill in the blank.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Science can be proven OR disproven. Your work of literature (the bible) and your god can only be disproven.. or at least so far.. im still waiting on some conclusive evidence pointing towards the existence of your god..

Until you disprove my scientific facts, they are still fact. Until you prove your bible and god they are not fact, thus making them fiction..
edit on 14-4-2012 by TheCelestialHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Until you prove your bible and god they are not fact, thus making them fiction..

How do you know I even have a God? LOL your really funny maybe you should stick to science little man.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

How do you know I even have a God?

You are in a religion and theology forum, debating me on the bible and god... it is kind of implied... but if thats not the case then perhaps you should have made it clear..

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

you saidIn these forums, here are the tactics I see on a day to day basis:

1. Attempting to recruit large numbers of people into their religious groups, by using deceptive techniques.

2. Once the victim is converted, they are subjecting them to severe mind-control processes that were first developed in communist countries.

3. The new followers' ability to think critically and to make independent decisions is destroyed, and replaced by theoretic
thoughts that are set into stone, with severe punishments attached if the follower fails to perform in their Christian duty.

4. Many such groups have induced their members to kill, and commit suicide.

5. Major amounts of time and effort, and sometimes money to the group is encouraged, and old friends not of the Cult are discouraged. All must conform to the group's behavioral restrictions. "

give the examples on these forums you state as fact or admit you are lying and it never happened

you see, you are guilty of transference and projection.
Admit it, it never happened.
Admit it, you c and p'd and you made it up
"

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCelestialHuman
reply to post by Iason321

And narrow is that gate that lead to life, Well, Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. How many people honestly find Christ?

www.adherents.com...

according to this link there are 2.1 billion christians worldwide.. that hardly sounds like 'a narrow gate'.

When it's God saying this, "few" could mean trillions to someone with infinite knowledge. We will never know until that time comes. You need to see things from his perspective and well...thats impossible.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

When it's God saying this, "few" could mean trillions to someone with infinite knowledge.

if he has infinite knowledge then obviously he would know not to tell humans something so misleading.. if in fact "few" means trillions to him.

I have heard some of the most illogical arguments on this thread.. quite displeasing, i was hoping for a challenge, but so far it seems as if no one has been able to come up with a logical argument.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Someone commented on the bible belt. I've lived here all of my life, they hate me because I am Agnostic. They are so rude to me and others who are not of their evil opinions of hate. I've personally witnessed "Christians" harass and even physically assault gay people, people who aren't white, people who aren't Christian, hell even people who are not the same kind of Christian as they are. I say Christianity is insane because I truly do see each and everyday just how crazy these people really are. Many of them are often so full of rage and hate, it sometimes makes me wish that their religion was the right one just so they could all go to hell for their evil deeds.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by doomedtoday

I understand 100%.. I too live in the bible belt and it is also like that for me. even my own family treats me different now that i have professed being an atheist.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
I have taken every atheistic approach, every atheistic argument, and smashed them to pieces.
By "atheistic", I suppose you mean "scientific".

Being an atheist means you reject the claim that gods exist. That's all.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by doomedtoday
How is a blowjob from your wife bad for your mind, body, soul, and being? I do not understand. I get them all the time and they haven't hurt me yet, if anything deviant sex helps me. My mood will often improve after a good BJ, which in turn leads to me being a better person and usually more productive, why is that a bad thing?
Sounds like something I need. What's she charge?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by manna2
He cannot even look upon sin and sin cannot even exist in His presence.
Therefor for us to encounter Him in our fallen state we simply die, we vanish.
Interesting. Being that sin can't exist in his presence, how does Satan himself get to communicate with him verbally, such as with the story of Job? It even says that Satan is constantly in god's presence accusing us. How does he do it if sin can't be in god's presence?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join