It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question That No Christian Can Answer, Or Theist For That matter

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
How are souls created? When are they created? Why are there so many souls in the modern age and where are they all coming from?

And why are they all coming here?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Hate to pretty much cut'n'paste from a similar thread last night but these threads keep popping up like wildfire.

Can science answer it?

No, nobody can. So why do we bicker and fight over this topic? Nobody will know the answer until they are dead, so why fight and argue about it?

Not saying it's a stupid question, I believe it's just a waste of time, especially when you phrase your thread title like that.
edit on 4/13/2012 by ArrowsNV because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
So if no theist can answer this, why ask? Is it rhetorical? Do you know the answer?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ArrowsNV

Well said, man.
You'll have to kill me if you want your answer, OP. Litterally.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
So if no theist can answer this, why ask? Is it rhetorical? Do you know the answer?
READ MY POST...

NOBODY WILL KNOW UNTIL THEY ARE D.E.A.D. DEAD.

And then they're not coming back to tell us. And even if they somehow manage to they will be called a kook, whackjob, nut, crazy person, etc

PS: It's not just the theists who can't answer it, science cannot answer it either because science (as far as I've heard) does not believe there is such thing as a 'soul'
edit on 4/13/2012 by ArrowsNV because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Apparently my tone did not come across in my post. You and I are on the same page on this issue.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

Apparently my tone did not come across in my post. You and I are on the same page on this issue.
Well sorry for coming across as a dick, I just took my stupid anti-epilepsy pill and it makes me pretty irritable...

I thought it was another one of those "I-hate-religion-so-I'm-going-to-attack-it-with-a-question-that-nobody-knows-the-answer-to-and-then-call-them-a-bunch-of-idiots-while-I-don't-even- know-the-answer-myself threads". They've been popping up like crazy the past 24 hrs and it's driving me nuts how long and drawn out they get when there is only one possible answer. The one that I posted; Nobody knows.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

How are souls created? When are they created? Why are there so many souls in the modern age and where are they all coming from?

And why are they all coming here?

I can take a guess, but you'd most probably discard it, saying its guesswork.

Anyway, just to put things in perspective... a pet dog or cat can experience the act of being fed from a can... but they lack the intellect to figure out where the food comes from. All they see is a human master who feeds them...they cannot conceive of mechanized factories where pet food gets canned to be sold....

My point is that we humans only experience sentience....and the world around us.
Yet, we cant fully explain it all. We only think we are smart....and we believe we have figured out the material universe around us.
But the reality is that we, like our dogs and cats are also pretty clueless when it comes to certain things.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

From what I've read in the bible, all living things are souls. They are here to make more souls. When they die they are gone, forever, or for a limited time depending on the interpretation.

You can never have a satisfactory answer here. Best just to live as best ya can and move on.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Not a xtian and cant answer your question, but CS Lewis has a nice take on it : “You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.”

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

. a pet dog or cat can experience the act of being fed from a can... but they lack the intellect to figure out where the food comes from.

Uh...beg to differ, here....
my cats come running when I get a can out of the cabinet, whether it's their wet food or tuna...
they and the dogs come whenever they hear the canopener grinding....
and I can't get my groceries unpacked quickly enough to keep them snooping around in them....climbing inside, pawing at the bag of dry food if I've bought one.
When I open the closet door where we keep the canned food, they come just at the sound of the door opening!!

Oh, and also....I thought you were gonna say something about them having souls....WHICH THEY DO.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I just have to say to the guy who said "even science doesn't recognise the soul"

That science does actually recognise that conciousness (or soul) isn't created in the brain, but the brain recieves it from else where, and that experiments similar to NDEs indicate concious life when the brain is physically dead, also a body is lighter after death, indicating it immediatly lost mass somehow.

I'd link the evidence of these studies but I'm on me phone.

Also, just to be a jackass, I'm an athiest, there's no one God, or multiple for that matter, only scientific boundries we do not yet comprehend.

Maybe once we fully understand quantum physics, space and time, we can learn the truth behind "the soul"

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

my cats come running when I get a can out of the cabinet, whether it's their wet food or tuna...
and I can't get my groceries unpacked quickly enough to keep them snooping around in them....climbing inside, pawing at the bag of dry food if I've bought one.
When I open the closet door where we keep the canned food, they come just at the sound of the door opening!!

Oh, and also....I thought you were gonna say something about them having souls....WHICH THEY DO.

uhhhh... Im no cat but I imagine they see their master and think "feeding time" when he/she appears with a can of food.

My point is that cats and dogs do not understand the reality regarding WHERE their food comes from or HOW their masters obtain it. (i.e they cannot conceive the idea that theres a whole industry behind pet food)
Similarly, we humans do not fully understand reality regarding ourselves.

As for animals having souls, I believe they run on a life-force thats divine in origin. Because only God can create life.

edit on 13-4-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

only scientific boundries we do not yet comprehend.

Can't disagree with that.
My take is that there exists outside "scientific boundaries" a sentient being that theists from any background would instantly recognize as the God they have been reading about in their scriptures.

God exists outside of religions and scriptures.
Scriptures emerge from God, not the other way round.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Because only God can create life.

I assisted in the making of my son. God had nothing to do with it.

Unless my fiance isn't telling me something....

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by wildtimes

uhhhh... Im no cat but I imagine they see their master and think "feeding time" when he/she appears with a can of food.

My point is that cats and dogs do not understand the reality regarding WHERE their food comes from or HOW their masters obtain it. (i.e they cannot conceive the idea that theres a whole industry behind pet food)
Similarly, we humans do not fully understand reality regarding ourselves.

As for animals having souls, I believe they run on a life-force thats divine in origin. Because only God can create life.

edit on 13-4-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

I have a collection of arachnids. They know me as " The Cricket Goddess.. She Who Rains Crickets From the Sky". Im awaiting a web temple construction to begin.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
I just have to say to the guy who said "even science doesn't recognise the soul"

That science does actually recognise that conciousness (or soul) isn't created in the brain, but the brain recieves it from else where, and that experiments similar to NDEs indicate concious life when the brain is physically dead, also a body is lighter after death, indicating it immediatly lost mass somehow.

I'd link the evidence of these studies but I'm on me phone.

Also, just to be a jackass, I'm an athiest, there's no one God, or multiple for that matter, only scientific boundries we do not yet comprehend.

Maybe once we fully understand quantum physics, space and time, we can learn the truth behind "the soul"
Science recognizes consciousness, but not a soul the way organized religion does.

Like I said though, nobody will know the truth in this matter until they are dead. At least with our current understanding of things.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

If the soul isn't concious then what is it?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Agreed...*see Pavlov's dog...

it's conditioned response.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Sometimes I think we were alotted a finite amount of souls and we ran out....

too many souless people roaming this earth.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join