It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God created us. Who created God.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Has anyone in here have any idea about how God came into being..

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I've often thought about it I must admit, but in an answer to your question,
I have no idea.

Maybe god is just univeral conciousness as they say?

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I feel odd having asked the question, I hope God isn't offended by it.....

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by blunderful

Surely not, I dont think he exists, if he do exists he is doing a real bad job.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Here are the lyrics to an XTC song called "Dear God" that express my views quite well :

Dear god,
Hope you got the letter,
And I pray you can make it better down here.
I don�t mean a big reduction in the price of beer,
But all the people that you made in your image,
See them starving on their feet,
�cause they don�t get enough to eat

From god,
I can�t believe in you.

Dear god,
Sorry to disturb you,
But I feel that I should be heard loud and clear.
We all need a big reduction in amount of tears,
And all the people that you made in your image,
See them fighting in the street,
�cause they can�t make opinions meet,
About god,
I can�t believe in you.

Did you make disease, and the diamond blue?
Did you make mankind after we made you?
And the devil too!

Dear god,
Don�t know if you noticed,
But your name is on a lot of quotes in this book.
Us crazy humans wrote it, you should take a look,
And all the people that you made in your image,
Still believing that junk is true.
Well I know it ain�t and so do you,
Dear god,
I can�t believe in,
I don�t believe in,

I won�t believe in heaven and hell.
No saints, no sinners,
No devil as well.
No pearly gates, no thorny crown.
You�re always letting us humans down.
The wars you bring, the babes you drown.
Those lost at sea and never found,
And it�s the same the whole world �round.
The hurt I see helps to compound,
That the father, son and holy ghost,
Is just somebody�s unholy hoax,
And if you�re up there you�ll perceive,
That my heart�s here upon my sleeve.
If there�s one thing I don�t believe in...

It�s you,
Dear god.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Einstein's general relativity shows that time begun with matter and space.
Since God is the creator of matter and space He is also the creator of time. Therefore He is not limited by the time dimension He created so He has no beginning in time.

The 'laws of thermodynamics' shows good evidence that the universe had a beginning and therefore a cause. God having no beginning has no cause.

Our finite minds find this very hard to comprehend.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Why do you say that.

I think god is everything and always was always is and always will be

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   

your statement reminded me of this quote...

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with sense,reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use"---Galileo

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: hey whats this doin in the politics/scandals forum?

[edit on 26-9-2004 by Creepy]

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzpatrick

Why do you say that.

I think god is everything and always was always is and always will be

Thats your opinion, and I simply stated my opinion.

What about budhists,hindus, muslims, jews, christians, pagans etc?
Who of you guys are right? If anyone.

[edit on 26-9-2004 by Kollapse]

[edit on 26-9-2004 by Kollapse]

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Has anyone in here have any idea about how God came into being..

It's like asking the old question....Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg?

Did God create us, so that we could believe in Him ? Or, did we Create God by Our desire to believe in something larger than ourselves?

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Theres been so many religions throughout time that the christian God is only a small pixel on the big screen of time. What happend to the Roman Gods or the Eygptian Gods or the Incan Gods or Pagan Gods? They died with the culture of the people that invented it, thats what. So it is inevitable that the christian God will to. Eventually

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Years back, I used to stay awake many a night pondering this. I realized it's just one of those things you'll never know. Such as: What was before space? Was it just blackness with no stars? When did that blackness start? Nothing can just "have always been there", so when did it start? If this is the case, what was before that? And that? OR: Space can't go on forever...but it does! Nothing can just "not have an end" If it does have an end, what's the end? What's after the end? When does THAT end!?

I used to give myself alot of headaches when I was little. I'm a Christian, but I've come to believe that if there is a God, he's more caring than depicted in the bible. I would like to believe that only people the people who are truley evil go to Hell. Not just wonderful people who didn't accept christ. No, only people like Adolf Hitler, those guys who cut off a living man's head while he's on his knees then show it to the video tape, while at the same time praising Allah. I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but I don't think that soldiers go to Hell for killing people. They don't really do it off of their own will, or do it for enjoyment. I hope that God is much more loving and caring, and accepts diversity more than he's portrayed....I hope this, and I hope I haven't offended him.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Thats your opinion, and I simply stated my opinion.

What about budhists,hindus, muslims, jews, christians, pagans etc?
Who of you guys are right? If anyone.

Kollapse , i just want to know why that is your opinion, why do you think god is doing a bad job.

And about the other religions, in my opinion i think that buddism is closer to the mark lol

But if you look at everything in religions normally theve just been interpretted in the wrong way.

But it doesent mean that eather is right or wrong as it is what works for the indivual.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
God has always been. God reveals Himself through His word, creation and those who believe in Him. The Bible talks about those who have eyes that won't see or ears that won't hear. You can refuse to believe in God and ignore Him. That doesn't make Him nonexistent.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Thanks for all of your interesting feedback guys.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
God was created by us, humans.
he was created to explain phenomena that could not be explained.
He was created in need of a higher power that we as humans need to look up to.
He was created to control and to encourage people to live a good life.

We who god created, created god.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Here is one way I tend to look at it for simplicities sake:

Before god existed the only thing that existed was whatever god is made of (for the sake of this argument I'm assuming god is made of base energy). Where this energy came from not even god can say for sure because the energy at that stage had no consciousness, and therefore couldn't remember its past, it only existed in the NOW in constant change or chaos.

During one of those changes the energy aligned to create a stable consciousness. Thus god was born. He could now think and remember. But he can't remember how he was created or more specifically what if anything created the energy he emerged from because the energy itself has no recollection of its own past.

Thus god is because he is. From his own vantage point he has existed forever. Before he became aware, he existed for an undefinable amount of time as base energy. In fact from his own vantage point there is no time only the passing of his own thoughts.

If you believe what I have written above then you may notice something a bit disturbing. If the chaotic changes of base energy could create a god then there is also the possibility that it could create our universe instead.

It can also be assumed that base energy is infinite. Meaning there could be infinite universes and also infinite gods.

God doesn't even need to exist for us to be here today, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he doesn't exist.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
While thinking about the possibility of fossils on Mars, I came to an insight about the origin of God.

If the particles of the universe form themselves in regular, ordered fashion no matter where in the universe we go, then we can say that matter is organized and formed to its own intelligent form.

Stars, molecules, and compounds are all formed the same way. Things organize themselves and pull together from the chaos to form something greater than its parts.

Now the next step in this process of thought isn�t a big one, and here it is: Life too, forms in the same way, just as the particles of matter pull themselves together and order themselves, life does too. The similarity of the fossils on Mars and the life on the earth at the same time might reveal this mystery. Life isn't a fluke, or a chance result of evolution - it is an inevitability.

Thus God, the Father of all Intelligence, creates that which is like Him. How could He create something that was unlike Him? This is another way of saying that the Universe is ordered after a common pattern of organization. Intelligence, too is patterned after the same process as stars.

The Great I AM gathered himself from the Chaos of the Universe. How like the stars He is! He brought himself to organization from the sea of chaos, and fashioned himself from his own will, much as the star is formed from the tenuous medium of the universe, gathering and formed until reaching the threshold of brilliance, and then radiating in all creation, the Great I AM.

The ancient religions make more sense when you consider this great wisdom.

In this way, Stars and Men are both the children of the Great I AM, the Father of all Intelligence, The Most Holy Forefather. For it is This Mighty Principal that organized the Universe, and brought forth order out of Chaos, and upon which Life itself was formed.

There required nothing but this ineffable Cause in the beginning, the organizing principal of God, in which God rests suitably forever.

This is the Origin of God. It is this that We attain to when we learn this key.

This is the most excellent religion - Knowledge of the Creator and His Great Cause.

I use pronouns like He, but they are not correct, there is no gender to apply to the Great I AM. It is the secret to atoms and Stars, and all that ever was.

Arkaleus.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
God (the storybook character) is a pigment of "man's" imagination and has always been there to rule the roost, ever since creation myths came into vogue and people wanted to oppress other people with divine laws and irrefutable moral codes.

And yes that says "pigment".

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I will offer you a small prophecy concerning the contributors of this forum:

You will have the very secret of life brought before you in plain English;
But you will trample it under your feet.

You will witness with your eyes the veritable angels;
But you will esteem them to be ignorant men, or liars.

You will have the gospel expounded in your own eloquent tongue;
But you will deny every revelation.

The mysteries of the Universe will appear before you and offer themselves;
But you will not notice a single one of them.

Arkaleus.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join