It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Launches Rocket

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigfoot12714

I will admit that when I first heard the rocket "failed", my first thought was that the "failure" involved a problem with the RIM-161 unit, if you know what I mean.

But hey, this is ATS, after all. We have a reputation to uphold.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

TexWaiddaminute! Was that the actual name of the rocket? Good lord...the...jokes..... t

YES!!!! I'm sorry but I can't stop laughing!

www.missilethreat.com...

Apparently this "nodong" barely lasted a minute....

edit on 4/12/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc

Originally posted by StealthyKat
They couldn't get it up.......maybe it's the unfortunate name it has
"nodong"

Waiddaminute! Was that the actual name of the rocket? Good lord...the...jokes.....

No, it was called:

Unha-3

But kitty is still right.......it was not a ha event, it was a "Unha" event....

Okay, mods, sorry! I promise, no more off topic from me!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

reply to post by StealthyKat

Shouldve dumped some of that little blue pill into the fuel pods

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
O boohoo, NK launched a missile... so what. Some of you create more drama than those soaps on tv do. In fact, I think some of you need to watch those instead of checking ATS.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

TexWaiddaminute! Was that the actual name of the rocket? Good lord...the...jokes..... t

YES!!!! I'm sorry but I can't stop laughing!

www.missilethreat.com...

edit on 4/12/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

ROAR

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
If your going to become a military police state, at least do it the smart way like we're doing.

Proud to say that here in America, we can get it up.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I think they wanted it to fail. They want the world to believe they do not have the technology.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

You are correct...sorry...I heard that on CNN (that is was a "nodong" heehee)...go figure. Once again the lamestream media mucks it up.OK I'm done being juvenile....but every time I hear that name I can hear Beavis and Butthead going "huh huh huh"

On topic, are they going to do a nuke test now?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

sadly I was watching MSM earlier (CNN maybe?). They were talking about NK wanting to test a nuke soonish maybe. lol sorry for the ambiguity but not only was I not really paying attention, I don't trust anything they say.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigfoot12714

sadly I was watching MSM earlier (CNN maybe?). They were talking about NK wanting to test a nuke soonish maybe. lol sorry for the ambiguity but not only was I not really paying attention, I don't trust anything they say.

You are correct actually. I remember reading the same thing in the news. And at first I was thinking they were going to use this rocket to do a test (and I was sitting here with my jaw open....open air testing being a bad thing in the first place.....has always been sitting still, or dropped from a bomber....never on a rocket that could go out of your control!).

But I do distinctly remember reading the words "nuclear detonation test".

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Well you can bet that junior is royally miffed. And heads will unfortunately roll. I do hope though that after they blatantly gave the world the proverbial finger, that they don't just lose it and go on a nuking spree...though even if they do I believe it will be in vain because multiple countries are prepared to neutralize any missiles they try to fire.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigfoot12714

I'm thinking they will....I'm going to do some reading and see what is being said.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
It would be royally hilarious if the rocket was never launched, and our government is just practicing to see how small of a box we live in...

You know? See how long it takes us to go "heeyyyyyy, I heard this aint true!".....

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
i]reply to post by eriktheawful

I KNOW! When they "launched" it, the news was saying NK was waiting to see what the trajectory would be....I was like
.....I mean, when you launch a rocket, don't you have a plan as to where it will LAND?[

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Here we go, it was yesterday:

As North Korea reaches the final stage of preparations for a long-range rocket launch, concern is growing that it is in the early stages of preparing its underground test site for another nuclear explosion. Pyongyang established the pattern three years ago when it tested a similar rocket and then followed it a month later with a nuclear test.

NPR

Also was on CNN

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Well you can bet that junior is royally miffed. And heads will unfortunately roll. I do hope though that after they blatantly gave the world the proverbial finger, that they don't just lose it and go on a nuking spree...though even if they do I believe it will be in vain because multiple countries are prepared to neutralize any missiles they try to fire.

Maybe they could nuke SK or nearby areas (God forbid), but if they can't launch a long range missile, I don't think they could go far.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Yep....it seems to be a pattern with them. Missile fail....nuke test to regain "powerful image"

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Yep....it seems to be a pattern with them. Missile fail....nuke test to regain "powerful image"

Actually, there may be more evidence than just a "trend". I just read this on ABC news (yah, MSM, I know, but still......):

A nuclear test may soon follow, experts say. Large amounts of dirt and ground cover are being moved at one of North Korea's nuclear sites, which experts believe indicates the North Koreans plan to test a nuclear device. Even more alarming is that officials believe that, unlike the first two nuclear tests North Korea conducted with plutonium, this one could be a uranium device, which would indicate a secret uranium production facility.

ABC News

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
So the missile fell apart after launch? That's honestly what I've been expecting this whole time, given as how every single one of their previous long-range missile tests ended the same way. All this hand-wringing that's been going on about this launch has been just as fruitful as every other so-called news story about North Korea in the past decade.

Aside from a handful of state-of-the-art MIGs, tanks and radar equipment loaned from the Chinese, all they have are antiquated Soviet technology passed down to them like clothing the Russians outgrew in the 80's, and what weapons they build from scratch themselves - which apparently seem to be as reliable as Amish electronics. And they're considered a legitimate threat?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join