It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Launches Rocket

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
SEOUL, South Korea — South Korea's Defense Ministry says North Korea has fired a long-range rocket.

Defense Ministry spokesman Kim Min-seok told reporters in a nationally televised news conference that the rocket was fired at 7:39 a.m.

Aye aye aye, and so its begun......Time to see how S. Korea/US/Australia ect. all react to this launch...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Early indication say, launch fail, don't know what that means.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Fox News: The rocket may have failed.....

link   
What i said earlier it went boom

link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
And nothing will come of this, like all the other rockets that were fired.

Another uneventful boogeyman tactic fails miserably.

brill

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Hey an actual news report.

www.smh.com.au...

No confirmation of the rocket failing!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Dang, I sure would like a source to this failure. I know it't only a matter of time but hopefully some video will come out.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Great find! Thanks for the heads up OP. Can't wait to see where this goes. Will be keeping my eyes on the news sites for the next few days to see what the response it to this....even if it did fail it shows that NK could give a hoot less about anyone else's thoughts.

link   
Why do we need a new thread, every time there is a development in this soap opera?
Couldnt this have gone in one of several other NK missile threads.

link   
Possibly testing how far the REAL one will go in the next launch?

Interesting they went against Russia's stand down request so soon.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Kim Jong Un:"Our enemies have sabotaged us again!"

Who bets this will be the excuse for the failure?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
In a report I was reading earlier they said the launch pad was way over sized. That the pad in fact could launch a rocket almost twice the size of the one launched today. Military spy satellites have seen a 40meter rocket in the past but have not seen it in a few years. I'm sure they have bigger rocket plans but hopefully this failure will set them back many many years.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Why do we need a new thread, every time there is a development in this soap opera?
Couldnt this have gone in one of several other NK missile threads.

Because a LOT of people are watching how this goes, and posting a reply in the other thread would not have alerted people of the status change (IE the old post was about NK saying there were going to launch a rocket. This thread's title quickly announces that it's just been launched, getting member's attention quickly).

Seems as if it's S.Korea TV saying that the rocket failed according to MSM right now.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
modernmarketingjapan.blogspot.com... only thing i could find that said it failed....no where near what i would regard as a credible looking source but its what i could find so make of it what you will...problay some loony but google is often baffeling

abcnews.go.com... ah their ya go

North Korea's anticipated missile launch failed today after it fired the long-range test rocket, defying U.N. Security Council resolutions and an agreement with the United States. The 90-ton rocket launched and there was a larger than anticipated flare. U.S. officials said that the missile is belived to have crashed into the sea. It was launched from the Sohae Satellite Launching Station in the northern part of the country, near its border with China.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Kim Jong Un:"Our enemies have sabotaged us again!"

Who bets this will be the excuse for the failure?

James Oberg (who posts here on occasion) did a piece for the media about this very question.
Failure is an option for North Korea satellite ... then what?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

now I don't mean to already be starting conspiracies but don't you think it's more than likely that it was shot down due to the numerous warnings from other countries not to launch it?

Edit: maybe not "more than likely" but a reasonable explanation
edit on 12-4-2012 by Bigfoot12714 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigfoot12714

now I don't mean to already be starting conspiracies but don't you think it's more than likely that it was shot down due to the numerous warnings from other countries not to launch it?

I have no idea why it failed (if it did indeed fail). Could be anything from being shot down, to mechanical problems, to sabotage, to NK themselves did a abort on it (IE they just wanted to shoot the rocket as a statement).

I'll not speculate just yet.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Yeah you're right, I'll give this some time before I start throwing around the "who did what" posts. My mistake, just a little jittery to see how this unfolds
edit on 12-4-2012 by Bigfoot12714 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Do you suppose there might have been an airborne Laser in the neighborhood ????

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join