It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]saw flying metallic disk in nashville... WITH PICS... and now my dog is sick[HOAX]

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
in all fairness, I have a personal UFO encounter I will never post about here oddly enough. I just don't need someone to tear me apart when all I might be doing in trying to offer it as information for people who might find it useful.

I didn't know you get banned though. I don't know. I like this site, but I feel that unless you can prove without a doubt that it is a fake then the benefit of the doubt comes into play. I have learned to just not talk about certain things here.

People like to debunk. They love it.

oh BTW I think it is a fake too. I just won't make it personal. The OP might have been wrong or mislead, who knows. He still deserves respect. He was not rude IMO and only reacted to the treatment he received. It is just plain smart to listen to everyone. Eventually you find the truth.

If I ever found proof of ET life I would put it out on YouTube or something and ATS can then find it and pick it apart if it likes. If I ever was able to record some of the things I have seen I wouldn't post them here. Sorry. I honestly think it would not be appreciated. So I walk around without a camera and don't talk about my personal experiences with the paranormal. Your loss.

edit on 12-4-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Quite right.

No one has ever been banned for mentioning GLP. Why would we?

However, reading the last few posts in this thread... I really feel bad.

Why would someone want to be a member of our site which is apparently a "laughing stock?"

So I've done the fellow a favor. Have fun on the other superior forums and please accept my apologies for dragging you into our laughing stock community.

Oh man... I laughed! thanks...

That was great...!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

I posted pics of two different ufos i saw at two different times here on ats in the last couple of months. Some tried to fairly debunk it, and i welcomed that. Thats the point... People who come here and post and refuse to listen to those who are honestly debunking it, are only in it for the attention. They want to be the one who captures a real ufo and will refuse honest debate. Thats not the point of ATS. I was in it for trying to find out what it is I honestly saw.

I didnt try and fake it, I didnt photo shop it, and in the end ,there wasnt enough evidence either way and remianed unsolved... But I didnt get banned. Because I did it out of honest truth seeking and that is what makes ATS so special.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

So I've done the fellow a favor. Have fun on the other superior forums and please accept my apologies for dragging you into our laughing stock community.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RickyVelveeta

for others who wish to question my integrity, i'm a 22 year old full-time session/road musician and studio producer here in nashville TN and have something of a small profile/catalogue of personal credits and achievements in music, should anybody start accusing me of being a troll/prankster/attention seeker so don't try it!!

Darn i lived and worked in nashville and know some lets say"affluent" people in the industry...

I wish i would have gotten here sooner I would have called him out on his one area of said "credibility"

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by MegaMind

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by MegaMind

Come on!
there are plenty PLENTY of threads in A&U with member pictures that dont get trashed or moved to hoax
are they highly debated? YES, as they should be. but there is no agenda to keep members from posting stuff. that is ridiculous.

there is an active one right now going on............

give me a break.
edit on April 12th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

Thread moved to hoax without proof that it is ...

Member banned without proof that he hoaxed anything ...

Is that as it should be?

Take it up with admin, not me.

my post you quoted stands firm.......

If people don't like it, they can always try other fora. Godlikeproductions is more accepting of this sort of behavior (for one ren1999 lurks there (look him up in ATS, and else where, where he's been found wanting in the truth department).

I as a scientist, neopagan (yes you can be both) and open minded Skeptic, LIKE ATS, because it's willing to test things to see if they are wonky or no!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Well all the information you need to do so is
in this thread, go ahead.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Quite right.

No one has ever been banned for mentioning GLP. Why would we?

However, reading the last few posts in this thread... I really feel bad.

Why would someone want to be a member of our site which is apparently a "laughing stock?"

CLASSIC! Exactly. I'll never understand why people join ATS, only to bitch about it. Good luck with the other crappy websites out there. Don't let the men in black catch you on the way out.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by RickyVelveeta

for others who wish to question my integrity, i'm a 22 year old full-time session/road musician and studio producer here in nashville TN and have something of a small profile/catalogue of personal credits and achievements in music, should anybody start accusing me of being a troll/prankster/attention seeker so don't try it!!

Darn i lived and worked in nashville and know some lets say"affluent" people in the industry...

I wish i would have gotten here sooner I would have called him out on his one area of said "credibility"

Besides the dog, the OP IS actually pretty big in the independent music industry. Someone did research, and found out the OP is Sol Philcox. Google him.....he Does have quite the following and talents as mentioned.

Unfortunately, hoaxing ATS isn't one of them.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaws1975
I'm pi**ed off! This is the first time in my 8 months on ATS that I could say that. I have read this entire thread and there has been no smoking gun for this being a hoax! Sure there are a lot of questions I would have liked to see the OP answer, but that won't happen now. It makes me start to think that the crazy conspiracy's about ATS being a front may have some credibility.

Smoking gun - the pics do not match the story.

OP says it was "shortly after 4 pm". The time stamp and the shadow angles within the pictures say otherwise.

OP says it was hovering, then rolled to the side and shot away. The photos do not support that. Look at the motion between pictures "object3" and "object2" taken 1 second apart. That much travel is not a "hover". Then in photo "object1", taken last 20 seconds later, it suddenly shoots back towards the photographer.

Focus on the object supports an event of having it thrown in the air from just the other side of he house, while the OP stood in back of the house snapping pictures.

My money says it was a hubcap thrown into the air by an accomplice on the other side of the house. Upon enlargement, there are 3 concentric rings embossed into the upper surface, and a big honking hole surrounded by hubcap mounting tabs on the under surface.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I enjoy the critical analysis as well, that's why I spend my time here and not somewhere else. However there is a difference between critical analysis and running this OP out of town! I had serious questions about the pics as well, the GIF made a strong case for being a thrown object. But I wouldn't bet my life on it! So why not let the thread play out, what's the harm in it we are all grownups here we can make up our own minds to the validity of the claims.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

especially after having all the vet evidence.... I like to do the benefit of the doubt thing too but when people fold right off the bat they lose cred with me real quick. if it's true then all you have to do is tell exactly what was going on or why something was some way or whatever. there should be reasons behind the facts. and then there's always the point we reach when everybody just raises their brow and shrugs. On to the next one.... I say let's not focus on specific events and move past the question of whether or not they exist and come up with new questions on how we're going to react when shaking their hands.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind
reply to post by blupblup

I agree proven hoaxers should be banned ...

Out of curiosity, what would have consituted "proof" to you? The evidence was very good that it was a hoax (I'd say in the 90 - 95% range if being nice, but I am leading to 99.9%).

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
Object 2 and 3 are one second apart in time, and have the exact same altitude, and GPS coordinates. Object 1, is
20 seconds LATER than 2 and 3 are, is 1 meter higher in elevation, and the GPS lat and long are slightly different.
This is in direct contrast to what the OP posted in this post here.

These 3 images cover 21 seconds, 1 meter elevation difference, a slight movement in both latitude and longitude and could not have ALL been taken with a single push of the button. Even if the timing is "off" like he claimed, and they were indeed 3 consecutive images, one would have been blurry since he moved.

So he was...indeed given a chance very early on to prove himself. And he chose to dig a deeper hole.

edit on 12-4-2012 by webpirate because: formatting

Are you honestly banking on the reported altitude change of 1-meter on a CELL PHONE?
Could the intermediate not included pictures been blurred, washed out, streaked, etc? We don't know and we'll never know because of the way ATS handled this thread.

It would have been better handled to be left alone to see what the OP countered to the points brought up by the members. Nothing gained here, just pissed off a bunch members for the way it was handled. There was no concrete HOAX evidence in this case. Opinions? Yes.

Certainly a poor display of policy enforcement.

link   

My respects to you MegaMind

2nd

link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by Witness2008
And look at the ad revenue. It seems ignorance pays off.

Your implication that somehow this episode contributes to our "bottom line" or that we promote "ignorance" for revenue's sake is totally false.

I first encountered this thread because it was trending as the #1 page, getting more views than our site home page. If we were more concerned with revenue than credibility, I'd have left the thread alone since there are more ads displayed on threads than on the site home. But instead, after a brief review, I moved the thread to the hoax forum -- which also eliminates it from being included on the site home. Within minutes, it completely disappeared from the Trending Pages list.

My implication was not exclusive to this thread. I suspect that ad revenue does dictate to some extent the content here.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
reply to post by Violater1

Not correct. There is NO evidence of manipulation in the data. The pictures were renamed . That is all.
This is far away from being a confirmed hoax IMO . I would also love to see the originals elevenaugest.
edit on 12-4-2012 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

Those probably were the originals. Most photo software either strips or modifies the EXIF data after resizing when the resized photo is saved. Photoshop in particular throws it's own name and version number into the EXIF.

edit on 2012/4/12 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Yeah I know who he is............hes a pretty good player......

but i wouldnt let all thet fluff impress much there are a lot of people in Nashville with credentials like that........it still doesnt add to his credibility
edit on 12-4-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by amongus

Yeah I know who he is............hes a pretty good player......

but i wouldnt let all thet fluff impress much........it still doesnt add to his credibility

And I'm man enough to admit I was wrong.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

NONO youre not wrong at all bud.........im just saying IM not impressed by his claims and credentials..
At any rate, It does look to me like a frisbee too.........

Altho I have seen some strange things in the sky around Nashville and outskirts in my time there........

My first encounter with a cigar shaped craft was there............

Maybe they like the music?
edit on 12-4-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join