It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

[HOAX]saw flying metallic disk in nashville... WITH PICS... and now my dog is sick[HOAX]

page: 30
74
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I am indifferent.

Why?

Because I have already accepted long ago what alot of people seem to be just now coming to terms with.
Take this site for what it is and stop trying to make it what you WANT it to be.

This site, for me, is entertainment and educates me on a wide variety of topics that I would otherwise have no access to. IT IS NOT somewhere you are going to come and post pics of ANYTHING out of the ordinary that YOU yourself actually witnessed!! You will be ripped to shreds,ridiculed,harassed,disrespected,called names,have your thread hoaxed,and possibly be banned.

What is in it for you???

NOTHING!!

Accept ATS for what it is.
Stop trying to make it what it isn't.

The owners, in their infinite wisdom have dug their heels into the sand and shown everyone just exactly where they stand and how they intend on dealing with situations like this. YOU ARE NOT going to change them! Ego is a wonderful thing isn't it?

Rather, what you all need to do is STOP, and realize that you had better think twice before EVER posting ANYTHING out of the ordinary especially if it involves pictures and a first hand account.

I never will.
Not because of this thread but because of countless others.
If this is the first time you have experienced the downside of posting something like this here then.....
Let this be your fair warning.

To the Mods and Owners:

You have the site you have so cleverly built.
You have the member participation that you have now for a reason.
You all are ultimately responsible for your decisions and the fact that you now have an ever growing membership that is afraid to post anything of a personal,controversial nature especially if it involves pictures.
If you are OK with this then......GREAT!

You are happy because of your decision,
I am happy because I accept this site for what it is and I know better than to post certain things.

We can all go back to being happy.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)




posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

ADMIN EDIT This post succinctly explains why this story and supporting images have been determined to be a purposeful hoax on ATS members.

Object 2 and 3 are one second apart in time, and have the exact same altitude, and GPS coordinates. Object 1, is 20 seconds LATER than 2 and 3 are, is 1 meter higher in elevation, and the GPS lat and long are slightly different. This is in direct contrast to what the OP posted in this post here.
Not necessarily. Certainly not succinctly.

Technology is not perfect, correct?

One reason that the third photo (object1) may be displaying a slightly different GPS than the first two is that in his rush to take the first two shots, the phone was still using the GPS coordinates of the last known location on his phone.

Twenty seconds later however, the GPS will have had more time to update his position, and attempt to revise it by a couple meters.

GPS tracking is very accurate - When given the time necessary to acquire enough satellites and refine position.

Just because the GPS says he moved does not mean that he moved.

To elaborate on my point further - to be specific - neither of those two positions place him exactly in the yard as seen in the photos. The first two places him in one house while the third places him in the house just to the east of it, according to GE.

If the decision to label this as HOAX is based on the GPS coordinate differences alone, it's worth a second look.

Like I said in a previous reply, staff is making decisions in this thread just a bit too prematurely IMO.



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Those probably were the originals. Most photo software either strips or modifies the EXIF data after resizing when the resized photo is saved. Photoshop in particular throws it's own name and version number into the EXIF.


edit on 2012/4/12 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

No, they are not as the three photos the OP provided at the very first page of this thread have a 1024*768 size (1) and as specified in the EXIFS data originals sizes are of 3264*2448 (2)



Even if EXIF datas are changed after resizing and saving, the original size is still there.
I asked twice for the original photo to the OP, unsuccessfully. With the original photos, EXIFs could have been checked to see if the sequence match what he said, if no possible tampering traces are still there....besides other things....
edit on 12-4-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed
 



The pragmatic Missourian. My sentiments exactly. I hang out here for the entertainment and the stuff that will be buried by MSM, all thanks to the membership here, the folks that in the end have made this place what it is.

Still it annoys me to see anyone that has made contributions here treated the way this member was.



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Everyone needs to take a breath and contemplate this moment.
The thread was a definite hoax from the beginning, anyone not willing to see this
is way to far out there.

You simply can't leave fraud on the front page for everyone to see. We on ATS are here for one thing only.
The Truth, and that's it. If the truth isn't convenient to your beliefs then I suggest you find a different outlet for
your energies.

I sometimes ridicule posters, and sometimes I don't , but I care only for the truth to be outed.
One day we might not be able to debunk a UFO thread, and as i said before that's why I hang around.

Stay true my friends, it's the only way.



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008
 


Annoying to be sure.
So is paying your taxes but you know what???
You aint gonna change that either!
So you accept it and move along.

I know the neighbor accross the street wants to sleep with my wife.
I don't try and change him. Keep him from being who he is.
I just keep him at arms length and deal with him on his terms and make sure he knows where I stand.

This site is GREAT for certain things!!!!
and it is NOT AT ALL GREAT for others.

I will NEVER post ANYTHING that I have witnessed first hand with pics.
It isn't MY LOSS!!!!
It is ultimately YOURS!!
YES YOU!!!
But YOU can do NOTHING about it.

The owners have made themselves clear as to what kind of website they want
and the members are now clear as to what kind of website they have!

Let's have a beer.



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed
 


Go on............What have you got to lose


Post the pics.........you know you want to.



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
One day we might not be able to debunk a UFO thread, .

.


You my friend are sadly mistaken!
ANYTHING and EVERYTHING UFO related can and WILL BE debunked!
Everytime gauranteed.

We have professional debunkers here.
It is what they do.
If I were of a conspiracy mindest I would think they were getting paid for their services.



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
reply to post by Screwed
 


Go on............What have you got to lose


Post the pics.........you know you want to.


lol.
Thanks, I needed that.

Two reoccuring nighmare I have.

One:
Getting called up to the chalkboard in school and realizing I am in my underwear.

Two:
Posting any first hand account with pics on ATS!



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed
 


Seriously though. if you have pics share them.
If the truth is what your after then to hell with
the fools that pour scorn.

Lets all have a bash at them... Go on



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
I am indifferent.

Why?

Because I have already accepted long ago what alot of people seem to be just now coming to terms with.
Take this site for what it is and stop trying to make it what you WANT it to be.

This site, for me, is entertainment and educates me on a wide variety of topics that I would otherwise have no access to. IT IS NOT somewhere you are going to come and post pics of ANYTHING out of the ordinary that YOU yourself actually witnessed!! You will be ripped to shreds,ridiculed,harassed,disrespected,called names,have your thread hoaxed,and possibly be banned.

What is in it for you???

NOTHING!!

Accept ATS for what it is.
Stop trying to make it what it isn't.

The owners, in their infinite wisdom have dug their heels into the sand and shown everyone just exactly where they stand and how they intend on dealing with situations like this. YOU ARE NOT going to change them! Ego is a wonderful thing isn't it?

Rather, what you all need to do is STOP, and realize that you had better think twice before EVER posting ANYTHING out of the ordinary especially if it involves pictures and a first hand account.

I never will.
Not because of this thread but because of countless others.
If this is the first time you have experienced the downside of posting something like this here then.....
Let this be your fair warning.

To the Mods and Owners:

You have the site you have so cleverly built.
You have the member participation that you have now for a reason.
You all are ultimately responsible for your decisions and the fact that you now have an ever growing membership that is afraid to post anything of a personal,controversial nature especially if it involves pictures.
If you are OK with this then......GREAT!

You are happy because of your decision,
I am happy because I accept this site for what it is and I know better than to post certain things.

We can all go back to being happy.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)






Excellent rant
Apparently you're familiar with some of my threads and the spiteful abusive and permissible behavior (by the Mods) that I endure thread after thread. We can't curse. Oh no. But we can call each other names, taunt, tease, mock INSTEAD of discussing the substance of the thread.
I blame one moderator in particular who sticks her/his nose into my threads and rallies up the mob.

I think many people share your sentiments.

I for one thought this thread had a lot of interesting points and merits. But, it was ripped up and tossed into the hoax bin which is ATS way of expressing public humiliation instead of perhaps, just deleting it.



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
If this is in the hoax bin, what exactly is 'off topic'?
Why are posts being removed with that message?

Shall we discuss the 'hoax' and how the OP was a bad boy for tossing a Frisbee in the sky?

I just don't get it anymore.



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Please focus and and All further replies on the topic itself and Not each other.



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Excellent rant
Apparently you're familiar with some of my threads and the spiteful abusive and permissible behavior (by the Mods) that I endure thread after thread. We can't curse. Oh no. But we can call each other names, taunt, tease, mock INSTEAD of discussing the substance of the thread.
I blame one moderator in particular who sticks her/his nose into my threads and rallies up the mob.

I think many people share your sentiments.

I for one thought this thread had a lot of interesting points and merits. But, it was ripped up and tossed into the hoax bin which is ATS way of expressing public humiliation instead of perhaps, just deleting it.



Believe it or not your threads were what made me BEGIN to think twice about ever posting things of a certain nature. Absolutely.
I love your threads btw.
Seriously, you get ripped to shreads in your threads.

You must love being abused.



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
Everyone needs to take a breath and contemplate this moment.
The thread was a definite hoax from the beginning, anyone not willing to see this
is way to far out there.

You simply can't leave fraud on the front page for everyone to see. We on ATS are here for one thing only.
The Truth, and that's it. If the truth isn't convenient to your beliefs then I suggest you find a different outlet for
your energies.

I sometimes ridicule posters, and sometimes I don't , but I care only for the truth to be outed.
One day we might not be able to debunk a UFO thread, and as i said before that's why I hang around.

Stay true my friends, it's the only way.



What was on the front page? Clear photos?




top topics



 
74
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

log in

join