It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, official says

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by shepseskaf

reply to post by NoJoker13

Orlando Sentinal - Trayvon Martin shooting: It's not George Zimmerman crying for help on 911 recording, 2 experts say

Legalities involved in voice print identification and admissability in court

I was partially mistaken on this part... Companies have been hired by differeing media outlets to analyze the tapes. The Sentinals experts have condluded its martin and not zimmerman. A friend of Zimmermans says the screams are his and the reliability percentage of the analysis expert places it at 48%.

The part that was resolved was the supposed use of a racial slur. CNN hired their own analysis who conluded there was no racial slur used, so my fault for confusing the 2 issues.

Finally, a formal request from the speical prosecutor to a company to formally analyze the tapes has been made but not completed yet.

My bad..

Trayvon Martin Killing: Friend Tells ABC News Howls on 911 Tapes Belong to Zimmerman, Not Martin

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Thats fine...

As for the Govenor and the legislture they can state all they want in how they think the law should be interpreted but in a legal setting its not their decision to make. Its in the hands of the court.

We will need to see what the defense stratefy is and if it involved the stand your ground law or not.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Thanks for the information, appreciated. The first article stating Owen Forensic looked at the file is legit. Owen is a big time company in the field now I have no idea what to think. I'd like to see some side by side voice comparison in the trial.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

he ducked under a porch

Where did that source from? Two things so far in this thread I've not read from any article or official source. I can't keep up.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts
Considering some media organizations have come out and admitted they edited the 911 call any analysis provided by the media would not be reliable. We will have to wait for trial on that one.
But the screaming for help does not really help either side.
If it was treyvaugauwn martin screaming for help it does not prove
1. That he did not instigate the fight
2. That he was not on top of zimmerman
If it was Zimmerman screaming for help it does not prove
1. That zimmerman did not start the fight
2. That zimmerman was not on top of trayvawn martin

Please read my statement on page 22 of this thread as to the significance of the cries for help on the 911 tape.

Also, the dead young man's correct name was Trayvon.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by shepseskaf

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Actually it has not been determined. So far 2 companies analyzed the audio and one stated it was Martin and the other stated it was Zimmerman.

For the third time, I'm asking for some confirmation from a credible news source that a company examined the 911 call and stated that it was GZ's voice.

If such information is not provided, one will only be able to conclude that you simply made the quoted assertion up.

I'm aware of two separate experts who analyzed the 911 tape. Both stated that it was clearly NOT GZ.

You and the other need to chill the hell out. I will get around to responding when I can.. As for reliable news source the source to date that states the screaming belongs to Martin is coming from the Orlando Sentinel, who paid for the analysis on their own.

The offical analysis has not been completed yet by the company the Special Prosecutor hired.

So based on your logic and reasonsing there is no official / reliable source that can for sure state whose voice is heard on the 911 tapes. Also there is absolutely no guarantee any voice analysis will even be admissible in court because of the scientific issues relating to the conclusion of an analysis.

For more info on that legality look up Lie Detector / Voice stress analysis. Both techniques are used however the results are not admissible in a court of law because there is no set standard in place to judge the results from.

Another example is taking the Portable breath test (the small handheld) as taking a breathalyzer / datamaster (large machines at the jail). The result of the datamaster / breathalyzer are admissible in court because they use a set baseline standard and the procedure and resutls are exactly the same from person to person, gender to gener.

A PBT result is not admissible in court because it is not a calibrated instrument. The best that can be admitted is on the A.I.R. form where we check is we used a PBT and if it tested positive for alcohol - yes or no. We cannot use the displayed BAC level on the PBT screen in court.

Martins mom says its her sons...
Zimmermans friend states its Zimmermans..

Both answers are a conflict of interest.

As stated many many amny time before you guys are going to have to end the speculation and wait for the offical info as its relased during the investigation and trial, should it ever get that far.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Agreed. Let the courts do their job. Only Zimmerman, Trayvon, and God, knows what happened that night. Anything outside of that is speculation, unless of course the eyewitnesses mind (not their account).

The courts will sort all this out.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

I don't know if it's true or not, like much of the conflicting info and speculation from both sides in this case. That's why I said "alleged".

GZ tells the dispatcher that Trayvon is running. At 19:11:59 the dispatcher enters that information in the call log. Trayvon's girlfriend connects with him at 19:12:00 (there were also calls from her at 18:54 and 19:04 - either the calls kept getting dropped or they would disconnect and she'd call back. I do not have a record of the length of each call but the last one according to sources lasted 4 minutes.) Trayvon tells his girlfriend that some guy was following him, that Trayvon had ducked under a porch and put his hood up, that he ran away from the guy and thought he lost the guy.
sync.democraticunderground.com...
edit on 12-4-2012 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

So, when you made the following statement, it was not true:

Actually it has not been determined. So far 2 companies analyzed the audio and one stated it was Martin and the other stated it was Zimmerman.

There was no company who examined the 911 tape and concluded that it was GZ's voice.

Thank you for confirming that.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

reply to post by NoJoker13

Orlando Sentinal - Trayvon Martin shooting: It's not George Zimmerman crying for help on 911 recording, 2 experts say

Legalities involved in voice print identification and admissability in court

I was partially mistaken on this part... Companies have been hired by differeing media outlets to analyze the tapes. The Sentinals experts have condluded its martin and not zimmerman. A friend of Zimmermans says the screams are his and the reliability percentage of the analysis expert places it at 48%.

The part that was resolved was the supposed use of a racial slur. CNN hired their own analysis who conluded there was no racial slur used, so my fault for confusing the 2 issues.

Finally, a formal request from the speical prosecutor to a company to formally analyze the tapes has been made but not completed yet.

My bad..

Trayvon Martin Killing: Friend Tells ABC News Howls on 911 Tapes Belong to Zimmerman, Not Martin

There have been 3 seperate companies contacted to reivew the 911 tapes to determine if it was Zimmerman or Martin. Of the 3, 2 have released their info whith one company supporting the argument it was Zimmerman and the other supporting the argument it was Martin.

Actually it has not been determined. So far 2 companies analyzed the audio and one stated it was Martin and the other stated it was Zimmerman. They also supposedly debunked the "coon comment" people like to bring up.

Those are your replies to 2 different posts. So first you say 3 companies 'contacted to review the 911 tapes to DETERMINE if it was Zimmerman or Martin....in reference to the screams....so now it seems you added an expert who no one but you has ever heard of. In the next post you say it was 2 companies and 1 stated it was Zimmerman. .. and still can't provide a source for that ... except you.

then you try and come back and say you misspoke and got the 'coon' and screams for help calls confused.....that is not true in anyway shape or form ... based on your own words that cannot be true...

Quit making up 'expert witnesses' when they don't exist. Do you do that on you job as a Police Officer?

You have just ruined any credibility you may have had.

edit on 12-4-2012 by pizzanazi75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

reply to post by pizzanazi75

So when you were looking at my responses you apparently did not bother to read them did you? If you did you may have seen this -

post - top of this page for those who did not bother to read

My bad..

Ok...........

reading, comprehension and an ability to not make a 100 meter rush to judgment is your friend...

I corrected my mistake an appologized for it. Have either of you done the same?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

No, you made up information you could not back up. You clearly stated that on expert came out and said it Zimmerman and one said it was Martin. Like others have pointed out to you, unless you can provide a source for that information, it is made up.

I read and comprehended just fine, that is why I comprehend that you are full of bull by saying you 'misspoke'. You made things up and then tried to cover your tracks. We can all see it.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by pizzanazi75
No, you made up information you could not back up.

No I made a post that stated analysis of the tape was done and had conflicting reports.

You clearly stated that on expert came out and said it Zimmerman and one said it was Martin. Like others have pointed out to you, unless you can provide a source for that information, it is made up.

And in the post I highlighteed above I stated I made a mistake and confused 2 seperate issues involving the analysis of the tape. I admiited I made a mistake, clarified the 2 issues and explained a 3rd analysis is going to be done at the Special Proescutors Request.

I read and comprehended just fine, that is why I comprehend that you are full of bull by saying you 'misspoke'. You made things up and then tried to cover your tracks. We can all see it.

Apparently not since you are only seeing wehat you want to see.. Out of curiosity what is your problem? If you could read and comprehend then your reponse here would not have been needed as I corrected my mistake and moved on.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
So the "expert(s)" claiming it's Zimmerman screaming doesn't actually exist and the whole "ducking under the porch" thing is also just speculation by some other guy on another message board.

Good. I feel a bit more caught up now. With so much information being thrown around by everyone, it's really hard to discern what's real and what's not.
edit on 12-4-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
people say , you dont know what happened only those two can know the truth. I can say Ive been in multiple similar situations, having lived in various places throughout the states. Walking in a neighborhood someone thought I shouldn't be in , being approached and questioned. Ive gotten into fights over this sort of thing, I remember one time being in concord california when i was in sixth grade taking a trip to the shopping center and being chased by a group of grown teenage whites back to the train station while being called numerous names.

There was even a modern day lynching there with a man being hung from a tree in the late 90's

The significance of this situation relates to the history of the lynch mob, seeking out blacks and doing as they wish to them with no justification other then race and ignorance.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

No I made a post that stated analysis of the tape was done and had conflicting reports.

You're busted, dude. Just give it up. Stop posting retractions and excuses.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
EDIT: Disregard, I didn't comprehend what I read
edit on 12-4-2012 by GhettoRice because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
So the "expert(s)" claiming it's Zimmerman screaming doesn't actually exist and the whole "ducking under the porch" thing is also just speculation by some other guy on another message board.

Good. I feel a bit more caught up now. With so much information being thrown around by everyone, it's really hard to discern what's real and what's not.
edit on 12-4-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

There expert's (from a legal acceptance) word for 2 differnet companies who were hired by the Sentinal. They both used their software and compared the voices and made a determination its not Zimmerman people hear screaming, but Martin. The issue though is according to them you need 10 words in order to make a good comparison, and the tape did not contain the 10 words needed. Because of that they are stating there is a 48% chance the voice on the tape is Martins (screaming for help).

The Racial slur analysis was done by a company CNN hired. After analyzing the tape they have stated the racial slur being reported was in fact not a slur or race related at all.

The 3rd test, going back to the voice analysis of the tapes, has been requested by the Special Prosecutor. To date I ahve not found what company has been retained or what part of the tapes they will be reviewing. There is also the issues of whether or not the analysis will even be admissible in court.

So to rap up -
2 analysis tests on 2 different tapes by media outlets.
1 analysis requested by the stte which is not done yet.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by shepseskaf

You're busted, dude. Just give it up. Stop posting retractions and excuses.

Not busted at all being I corrected my mistake.

im not going away in this thread so you guys can either act like adults and engage in conversation and debate or you can continue to show everyone your inability to act like an adult which will result in people jsut ignoring your posts.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
someone was killed ...make sense that an independent inquiry should be held ...the courts need to gather all the facts and come to a verdict....

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join