It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, official says

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Yes, Zimmerman said okay. And according to him he was headed back to his SUV when Trayvon confronted him. Which seems to correspond with what his girlfriend said, that Trayvon said he was going to confront him.

There are conflicting stories on this - - that don't match up.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut

Originally posted by Wiz4769
What is your definition of neighborhood watch? What part of watching the neighborhood do you not get? If I see somebody walking with a hoody up in the rain at night, which you cant even see his race at that point...I would pay attention at least as I went by, to say your all trusting of all people no matter how they look at any time of day and location is well stupid. Maybe alot of you are not old enough to own your own house and appreciate your city and neighborhood, but it takes hard work and community to keep it that way, they had break ins just before. This does not mean he deserved to be shot, so dont even think about twisting it that way. But to say that might, just might not look suspicious is only lying to us and yourself, or just to us. There is lots of room between paranoid and naive, sorry you cant trust everyone and there are tons of deaths and attacks , way more than this self defense type happen every day. If your not smart on the street, and be aware of your surroundings, your asking for trouble. So stop with the whole he didnt even need to even look in his direction crap and work more towards what happened after the fact would be my advice.

do you run out and yell at kids that walk on your grass too? what other kinds of things would make you suspicious of someone? skateboarders? emo kids? gay people? long haired hippy types? tatooed white guys? bearded confederate flag waving types? if a hooded guy walks past your house do you run to the door and stare him down til you are absolutely sure he is not commiting a crime? my definition of neighborhood watch is if you see something suspicious report it. it does not mean canvas your neighborhood while carrying a concealed weapon and following anyone unless maybe if you witness them commiting a crime.

Nope, you just added all that strawman to the thread, I said in the case of seeing a person in the rain at night soon after robberies just down the street, I would pay attention. Again there is big difference here, your jumping to conclusions , once again. We are talking about this one instance of what happened, it was in NO WAY at all weird that anyone might think this person didnt look suspicious and he called the cops even, wasnt even trying to be sneaky and hide this so he could shoot someone like you guys are trying to portray.You have no idea is he was "canvasing" the neighborhood, he claims he was just returning from the store and noticed him so he started watching. You guys need to STOP adding fluff to the story, just stop. There are only a handful of facts , real solid facts about this known and all of them support Zimmerman, hence they didnt even think about arresting him for 2 months. When was the last time you heard of somebody not being arrested for something, not even thought about being done for 2 months? At this point they are hoping they get lucky enough to find just one hole in the story to have a case, there are NO witnesses that actually saw the alterations, so if what he says adds up, its over, this is the whole case, hopeing to find a flaw in his story and heck maybe they will with some info we dont know, its not impossible for sure, but with what we do know for sure, its pretty thin and this makes you guys attached with nothing but emotion nervous you might not get your "revenge" or whatever.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

What is your definition of neighborhood watch? What part of watching the neighborhood do you not get? If I see somebody walking with a hoody up in the rain at night, which you cant even see his race at that point...I would pay attention at least as I went by, to say your all trusting of all people no matter how they look at any time of day and location is well stupid. Maybe alot of you are not old enough to own your own house and appreciate your city and neighborhood, but it takes hard work and community to keep it that way, they had break ins just before. This does not mean he deserved to be shot, so dont even think about twisting it that way. But to say that might, just might not look suspicious is only lying to us and yourself, or just to us. There is lots of room between paranoid and naive, sorry you cant trust everyone and there are tons of deaths and attacks , way more than this self defense type happen every day. If your not smart on the street, and be aware of your surroundings, your asking for trouble. So stop with the whole he didnt even need to even look in his direction crap and work more towards what happened after the fact would be my advice.

do you run out and yell at kids that walk on your grass too? what other kinds of things would make you suspicious of someone? skateboarders? emo kids? gay people? long haired hippy types? tatooed white guys? bearded confederate flag waving types? if a hooded guy walks past your house do you run to the door and stare him down til you are absolutely sure he is not commiting a crime? my definition of neighborhood watch is if you see something suspicious report it. it does not mean canvas your neighborhood while carrying a concealed weapon and following anyone unless maybe if you witness them commiting a crime.

Nope, you just added all that strawman to the thread, I said in the case of seeing a person in the rain at night soon after robberies just down the street, I would pay attention. Again there is big difference here, your jumping to conclusions , once again. We are talking about this one instance of what happened, it was in NO WAY at all weird that anyone might think this person didnt look suspicious and he called the cops even, wasnt even trying to be sneaky and hide this so he could shoot someone like you guys are trying to portray.You have no idea is he was "canvasing" the neighborhood, he claims he was just returning from the store and noticed him so he started watching. You guys need to STOP adding fluff to the story, just stop. There are only a handful of facts , real solid facts about this known and all of them support Zimmerman, hence they didnt even think about arresting him for 2 months. When was the last time you heard of somebody not being arrested for something, not even thought about being done for 2 months? At this point they are hoping they get lucky enough to find just one hole in the story to have a case, there are NO witnesses that actually saw the alterations, so if what he says adds up, its over, this is the whole case, hopeing to find a flaw in his story and heck maybe they will with some info we dont know, its not impossible for sure, but with what we do know for sure, its pretty thin and this makes you guys attached with nothing but emotion nervous you might not get your "revenge" or whatever.

so you are saying you wouldnt find any of the other people i mentioned suspicious? only peole walking in the rain with their hood up, yeah that sounds real suspicious. he didnt just watch trayvon and report him which i would have no problem with, problem is he followed him and kept following him even though he had reported it and tray was not commiting a crime. we do not need a nation of busy bodies walking around armed, calling 911 on every tom dick and harry that looks "suspicious".

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

weaseling out of it. lets say you call 911 to tell them you found someone choking and they tell you to perform the heimlich you say ok but dont do it because it is not a lawful command? you said ok!!!

If you didn't, would you be held legally responsible? No.

plus if zim was heading back to his car how the hell was the altercation behind some house far away from his truck?

He admitted to following him at that point, but once the 9-1-1 operator suggested he stop, he may have stood in place, behind the home, then started to head back when he may have been confronted by Trayvon. Again, I wasn't there, and I'm not going to pretend to know for sure that he did or didn't stop following him. Zimmerman said he did, but the point is somewhat moot because in all reality, whomever initiated the first physical conflict is most responsible. Hopefully there is evidence that proves that one way or the other, or else the case will be forever in doubt.

arguing this and assuming this and that is getting really old, i just cant wait til all the facts are laid out in court.

Amen to that.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

If you didn't, would you be held legally responsible? No.

In fact, you would be probably be sued if you did try to help. "This person caused me pain and suffering by cracking a rib when they saved my life." It has happened before.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Too me that is the most ridiculous response ever.

Then you are either ignorant, or must not have read 90% of the other posts here on ATS, or, you are just using emotional hyperbole as you normally do, Annee. You act like such a child sometimes, for a grown woman.

You honestly think a scared 17 year old boy only a few houses from his destination is going to call 911?

Then why didn't he run home. Are you even thinking before you post?? Why would he turn around and say "you got a problem?" and start swinging if he was so scared? And we know how old he is, Annee, we know all too well but you, like the media, insist on using pure emotion instead of logic to paint your picture. Again, I remind you, the "boy" who robbed, stripped down, then shot those two lost British tourists several times each in cold blood, was also 17. Maybe he was just "scared" of them.

And he did not CHOOSE to confront Zimmerman. He was trying to get away from Zimmerman. Zimmerman confronted him. According to the map and known information.

That's not the story Zimmerman is telling, I don't pretend to know like you, I don't state anything as fact in this since I wasn't there. I guess you were, or your full of cow manure. I suspect the latter.

How old are you? Are you honestly going to tell me - - if you were in Trayvon's position - - - you would have thought logically - - hung up on someone who knew what was going on and dialed 911?

Nowhere near as old as you, Annee.

And yes, if I were truly scared and I had a phone, I would have hung up with my girlfriend and called 9-1-1. Absolutely. Or, if I were that close to home I would have run home. I wouldn't have confronted him, if I were a sweet, innocent, scared little boy. But, if I were a tough guy, with anger issues, who had a history of attacking people (like the bus driver), I would have probably confronted him head on.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

That's true. Too bad so many are so emotionally invested in their idea of what happened, they will never accept it if the opposite turns out to be most proven by the facts. I've made it clear that I don't know what happened, I have my ideas but will accept if they're wrong. Go read the Justice for Trayvon facebook page, and see how ignorant, and racist so many in this country are. It's disgusting. There are actually people on there somehow finding and posting addresses of others who are posting messages that don't fit with the bloodthirsty mob's mentality. Yet, they are somehow screaming about justice, while trying to incite violence against others with differing opinions. This case has shown the ugly side of our society.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

And yes, if I were truly scared and I had a phone, I would have hung up with my girlfriend and called 9-1-1. Absolutely.

I've been in several situations - - that I behaved very differently - - then I thought I would.

I don't think you or anyone can say how they would act in any situation - - until they actually experience it first hand.

I've been chased walking home at night. I ran and hit in bushes just a few houses from my house. My only thought was not making a sound and keeping my eyes on anything moving. I would not have called 911 - - out of fear of being discovered. I did not run home because the porch light was on and I did not know if the door was locked - - and if I would have enough time to get my key in the lock and open it.

I know what I would do - - because I actually did it.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

That's true. Too bad so many are so emotionally invested in their idea of what happened, they will never accept it if the opposite turns out to be most proven by the facts. I've made it clear that I don't know what happened, I have my ideas but will accept if they're wrong.

Honestly - - I think Zimmerman is giving his story from his perspective. I personally don't think he's "all there" - - and is a bit delusional in how he sees things.

Here's one for you to read - - you'll like it: www.wagist.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Oh, so you didn't go up and ask the person following you if they had a problem, then punched them in the face, then start bashing their head into the ground? Because that's what Zimmerman alleged happened. Also, how many bus drivers have you "swung on" because they pissed you off? I'm not saying that's what happened, I'm saying we need to wait for the facts to come out in the trial.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by pizzanazi75
Dear Miss Wanna Be Lawyer (claims to be a male, but no source provided) who I do not know,

So you are going to continue to act like a childish little prig.... check

You can kindly please quit responding to my post.

Thank you.

I had every intentions of doing that until I saw more of your posts coupled with your attitude. Are you going to use facts at any point or are you just going to continue to call people names and act like a 3 year old?

The difference between you and I is I do this for a living. I know what I am talking about, where as you seem to have absolutely no clue as to whats going on or why.

Since you have issues in this area I will be looking for your posts and will correct you each and every chance I get. Your best course of action would be to start supporting your posts with actual facts and links to those sources.

It might force you to learn something along the way.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Oh, so you didn't go up and ask the person following you if they had a problem, then punched them in the face, then start bashing their head into the ground? Because that's what Zimmerman alleged happened. Also, how many bus drivers have you "swung on" because they pissed you off? I'm not saying that's what happened, I'm saying we need to wait for the facts to come out in the trial.

Sorry - - we still don't know what actually happened.

Is there an official complaint from a bus driver?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
Isn't it a cold and funny world when you are ridiculed for supporting a murder victim?

Alleged murder victim.
edit on 12-4-2012 by FlyingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Dear Miss Wanna Be Lawyer (claims to be a male, but no source provided) who I do not know,

So you are going to continue to act like a childish little prig.... check

You can kindly please quit responding to my post.

Thank you.

I had every intentions of doing that until I saw more of your posts coupled with your attitude. Are you going to use facts at any point or are you just going to continue to call people names and act like a 3 year old?

The difference between you and I is I do this for a living. I know what I am talking about, where as you seem to have absolutely no clue as to whats going on or why.

Since you have issues in this area I will be looking for your posts and will correct you each and every chance I get. Your best course of action would be to start supporting your posts with actual facts and links to those sources.

It might force you to learn something along the way.

Have fun with that.

Ive backed up everything i've said. You can't say the same. And you just proved your word can't be taken....you said you was gonna quit responding to me yet you just had to keep on. You do what you feel you need to do and Ill keep saying the truth and laughing at your post from a distance. I know the facts of this case.....go read my post, I know what I am talking about. You seem to just want to act like you are in a court room instead of a freaking discussion board. Its called a conversation that people have about a controversial issue, you should learn how to engage in such.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

I'd have to say your either uniformed, dumb or simpley naive. If they had enuff to arrest Ziemmerman in Febuary they would have done so. If he was so guilty then why did NBC, & CBS both have to post and say how sorry they where for editing the facts to enclude video. Why did they remove all of martins facebook,myspace,and twitter accounts and have a court order to seal his schools records. School records that we know showed that he was at the end of a 10 day suspsion for drugs and burglary items. Killing someone is bad but convicting someone for political gain is a travisty.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Which again is more speculation from a person who is giving his own version of what occured based on him reading 911 logs.

How about we let the mental health professionals decide if Zimmerman has mental issue or not....

How about we let Zimmerman give his complete side of the story and let the lawyers duke it out....

How about we let the judge / jury decide how this case is going to be resolved?

How about we wait and see what evidence is going to be allowed in and what won't.

Martins parents seem to be very easily manipulated. This morning Martins mom gives a press itnerview and states she believes the shooting was accidental and it was not intentional.

She then goes onto MSWNBC and all of a sudden her story changes - again. This time she states Zimmerman stalked her son and killed him in cold blood.

Apparently the parents know about as much as some of the posters do....

This thing is just begining and people need to understand that the info they have now might not even be correct or even allowed in as evidence. Let the judicial system work and go from there.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Trayvon's mom says 'shooting was accident,' Zimmerman to face judge

articles.orlandosentinel.com...

"I believe it was an accident. I believe it just got out of control and he couldn't turn the clock back,"

edit on 083030p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

Here is Trayvon's mom in her own words in response to that...

Trayvon's mom: It wasn't an accident

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
From everything I've read about this case, it seems that the real problem here is the vagueness of the Stand Your Ground laws.

I'd wager Zimmerman will get off...because the law as it is currently on the books, is EXTREMELY vague in clarifying what constitutes one feeling their life is in danger.

I think a lot of it will come down to who has the best legal eagles. On Zimmerman's side, I'd argue that the law states he has a right to protect himself, and he exercised that right. On the prosecution side, I'd argue that pursuing the suspect nullifies the Stand Your Ground claim.

My personal feeling is that this will end with a plea bargain of manslaughter.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pizzanazi75

Discussion boards or courtroom it does not matter... Speculation in this thread is so absurd its not even funny..

I find it humorous that you take me to task because this is not a courtroom but a discussion board, demanding it be treated as such, yet you completely and totally fail to take your own advice by even making that comment to me.

So which is it? A topic for discussion, where I have participated in and called you out much to your irritation or were you merely stating people are free to participate so long as they dont make you look clueless and question what you are providing?

If its just a discussion as you say, then you should have no issues at all with me tearing your posts apart and pointing out the legalities you choose to ignore because after all, I am participating in your "discussion thread". Simple discussion is not enough though when you do not understand how the legal system works. I wuill continue to make posts on that topic and explain why something is allowed or why its not allowed and will support that argument regardless of how much you chose to whine about it.

You need to go back and re-read your posts to see what others are talking about. You make a claim and then you attack anyone who disagrees with it and launch into accusations and explanations of what this thread is suppose to be about.

Your actions to date support the notion you don't completely understand what a discussion forum is or what facts are and how they work with this case.

Maybe if you stopped acting like an arrogant prig and actually engaged in debate / discussion and facts we might have mroe substance in 10 pages rather than meandering speculaiton based on ignorance of the legal system spanning 20 pages.

Practice what you preach....

What do we know?
Martin is dead....
Zimmerman is a suspect in that death...
The first PA decided not to charge for lack of evidence to support the charge...
The second PA has filed 2nd murder charges...
Zimmerman turned himself in and was in custody even before the press conference...
Zimmermans first court appearence - he did not enter a plea and the judge ruled enough pc existed to sustain the charge...

That is all we know... Everything else is a guess and there is no guarantee any of the "facts" we do have will be allowed in as evidence because of the the information as handled.

Its a wait and see game....

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
double post

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join