It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Yahweh/Jehovah Commanded You to Kill Innocent Schoolchildren, Would You Obey?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

but Satan was the one who showed up in God's presence in the first place

do you think this "showing up", was a provocation to god ?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by YipMan
simple answer for me personally would be
NO

did the lords commandments say "Thou Shalt Not Kill"
life is precious and is not for me to decide who lives and who dies as im just a mere human and do not believe in killing

i guess by my answer i would be doomed to burn in hell?
edit on 11-4-2012 by YipMan because: (no reason given)

Its actually "Thou shall not MURDER" murdering and killing are different. Besides, this was an illustrative dream and not an actual commandment by that God or event. Cherry picking the bible is a hobby around here. Oh and King James hired crappy translators....

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
that sounds like dark forces using foolish people to carry out thier wishes.i think aliens were a big influence on religion,because of blind faith people have been duped to do such things.do you really think god would want that sort of actions from humans?,maybe evil beings posing as a god.if you look back, sacrifices were a big part of worshipping those gods.not only in the bible but other foolish cultures like aztecs.why would we not do this today?,because we are civilized and not so easily fooled.i dont know much about peoples mentality back then,but common sense didnt seem to common cause of superstition and powerful evil beings leading the way..if all the new age talk comes to pass,petrus romanus will be the last pope as predicted hundreds of years ago by a man who predicted the last 112 popes by name and in order. and the catholic religion will turn back to its true orgins,the real god,not the evil that rules the vatican.as you can see the vatican just got exposed to be tied to the mafia and illuminati or freemasons.and emails that had plans to have benidict step down mafia style.if you look at the crooks running the world today,how do we know it wasnt the same bastards passing power and knowledge through the generations thousands of years.if you really look back the humans were totally taken advantage of in plain sight,now today we are still being duped but waking up on a mass scale,with the death age coming to an end.'the essene gospel of peace' has good words of life,unlike these dead l scriptures.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

NO

life is precious and is not for me to decide who lives and who dies as im just a mere human and do not believe in killing

Its actually "Thou shall not MURDER" murdering and killing are different. Besides, this was an illustrative dream and not an actual commandment by that God or event. Cherry picking the bible is a hobby around here. Oh and King James hired crappy translators....

and my answer would still be no as i do not believe in murder/killing in the name of anything/anybody
i would like to think the true creator of us all would not need nor want his children to commit such horrific acts in whatever name
and if it ever transpired that "god/jesus/the divine creator" did want me to do such a horrendous act well sorry but looks like im goin to hell but my personal beliefs and way i live my life will not be changed for anybody or anything

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Possibly. It's hard to tell from the narrative. What we do know is that God took the opportunity to boast about the faith of his servant Job - boasting which ultimately turned out to be justified. If Satan had not been allowed to act against Job and test him, Job's faith would never have been proven to such an extreme and God would have had no opportunity to justify his boast.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Quite frankly,anyone who would kill children at the behest of a fictional character in the greatest fairy story ever told does not deserve to be a member of the human race.
It seems to me that the "god told me to do it" psychopaths who kill multiple times quite simply enjoy killing,there can be no "higher" purpose attached to such an act.Like the Islamic extremists who believe that paradise awaits those who would kill the "infidel" they are nothing more than self deluded fools.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

NO
Kill Your self doufous i would say

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
"Cursed" says he (Yahweh), "is everyone who hangeth on a tree" (Deuteronomy 21:3, Galatians 3:13).

Yahweh:

And out of the ground the Lord
Yahweh made every tree to
grow...the tree of the knowledge
of good and evil .
Gen.2:9; 3:1ff.

Christ:
For a corrupt tree bringeth forth not
good fruit; neither does a good tree
bringeth forth corrupt fruit.
Luke 6:43
Either make the tree good, and its
fruit good; or else make the tree
corrupt, and its fruit corrupt: for the
tree is known by its fruit. Mt.12:33

Yahweh:
Eye for an eye, tooth for tooth,
hand for hand, foot for foot...
Exodus 21:24

Christ:
And unto him that smiteth thee on
the cheek offer also the other...
Luke 6:29

Yahweh:
And Elijah answered and said to
of God, then let fire come down
from heaven, and consume thee
and thy fifty". And there came
down fire from heaven, and con-
summed him and his fifty.
2 Kings 1:9, 10

Christ:
[Jesus' disciples] :"Lord, wilt Thou
that we command fire to come
down from heaven, and consume
them, even as Elijah did?" But He
turned and rebuked them, and said,
"Ye know not what manner of spirit
ye are of ; for the Son of man
is not come to destroy men's lives,
but to save them"
Luke 9:54,55

edit on 11-4-2012 by 1nOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

I think it's safe to say, at least, that you know more Scripture than almost every "Christian" out there.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

NO

and my answer would still be no as i do not believe in murder/killing in the name of anything/anybody
i would like to think the true creator of us all would not need nor want his children to commit such horrific acts in whatever name
and if it ever transpired that "god/jesus/the divine creator" did want me to do such a horrendous act well sorry but looks like im goin to hell but my personal beliefs and way i live my life will not be changed for anybody or anything

And youre not a Zealot stuck on some old agreement with God between he and the Jews ( ONLY the chosen people.. the Jews/tribes) before the "new covenant" that plainly spelled out the new way God related to the people ( including gentiles) after the sacrifice. It was a new relationship and way to attain salvation.
SO we have a thread with a cherry picked verse from a previous older covenant with a deity to illustrate how horrid this diety is.. and his followers are... currently under the new covenant.

Heck, Im NOT even a Xtian and I know this stuff... some on guys..

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Ooooh I was going to say that... there really isn't any other answer in the 21st century
)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

NO

And youre not a Zealot stuck on some old agreement with God between he and the Jews ( ONLY the chosen people.. the Jews/tribes) before the "new covenant" that plainly spelled out the new way God related to the people ( including gentiles) after the sacrifice. It was a new relationship and way to attain salvation.
SO we have a thread with a cherry picked verse from a previous older covenant with a deity to illustrate how horrid this diety is.. and his followers are... currently under the new covenant.

Heck, Im NOT even a Xtian and I know this stuff... some on guys..

im not anything im just a simple man trying to make it through this life without Ramming my beliefs down the throat of others as mine,yours,everybody elses beliefs are irrelevant as in final days when we meet our makers its his/hers/its decision what happens after
my whole point is i WILL NOT kill in the name of (insert something here)
thats not how i want my life to run and thats how i live my life
that is how i have taught my children and how i hope my children teach thers aswell
we are all brothers and sisters and we are all destined for the same outcome lets hope

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Strange thread ..

My reply :
Then i knew it wouldnt be the real God
my answer to this Evil being would be GTFO

and WHY school children ??

you could have made this question thread more harder like :

If Yahweh/Jehovah Commanded You to Kill a Criminal, Would You Obey?
edit on 4/11/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Frankly, I would rather go to hell for eternity.

So, no, I would not kill innocent people because I thought I was commanded to by a voice in the sky....

I don't care who it is....If you suggest I do something that goes against MY morals and ethics, you are basically out of luck.

Id rather be happy in hell for doing the right thing, than sad in heaven for doing the wrong thing....

That said, it's sort of a contradiction to the supposed word of god, no? Killing being a sin and all that.

If god is real and he is telling people both not to kill and to kill....Well, that's a bit hypocritical, no?

I mean, you are screwed no matter what. Either you go to hell for killing, or you go to hell for not obeying? Psh, to hell with that

I have my own set of beliefs. I hold to them. I try my best to do what I feel is the right thing. It seems to be working so far. If I end up in Hell or something, so be it. I lived my life doing the right thing and I can hold my head up high, knowing that.

If any god out there has a problem with that, tough.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by manna2
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

ok, I reread your posts and I do believe I misunderstood your response.
My challenge stands for the op though, and anyone seeking to answer the op's question.
There is no reason to address a past culture for a question to the present when the situation exists in our own society.
I am amazed at how easy it is justified though.
All for the sake of luxury and riches..well, the promise of it anyway.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

im not anything im just a simple man trying to make it through this life without Ramming my beliefs down the throat of others as mine,yours,everybody elses beliefs are irrelevant as in final days when we meet our makers its his/hers/its decision what happens after
my whole point is i WILL NOT kill in the name of (insert something here)
thats not how i want my life to run and thats how i live my life
that is how i have taught my children and how i hope my children teach thers aswell
we are all brothers and sisters and we are all destined for the same outcome lets hope

I agree, ramming and killing never won any souls. Then again, Todays Christians under the new covenant arent commanded to kill or ram things down others throats and judge/condemn/oppress others. Thats their own choice.. and in direct contradiction of what their own text commands them to do. I figure the man or woman who uses a religion as a shield or as a platform to push through things of their own agenda for whatever twisted personal issue they have ( IE homophobia or latent homosexuality on Walkers part) theyre guilty of a larger sin than the guy who steals or covets or kills. Claiming Christian beliefs motivate them to do this or that is a cover.. a ruse. A thin one at that. To provoke others through religious fervor or false claims of some commandment would be heinous.

Meh.. Im similar to you.. live and let live and let the chips fall. We're all responsible for what we do and chose personally. I was just picking on you to prove that only a zealot motivated by a lie would today kill a busload of children in the name of God.. because the verse cherrypicked isnt valid, was a dream, the new covenant wasnt addressed, and only used to stir up some xtian angst in a thread.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
What color are they? Do their parents have oil? How about imaginary WMD's? Do they need us to drop a steaming fresh pile of democracy on them?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

Yahweh/Jehovah:
...there came forth little children
out of the city, and mocked him
[Elisha]...and [he] cursed them
in the name of the Lord. And
there came forth two she-bears
out of the wood, and tare forty
two children of them.
2 Kings 2:23,24

Christ:
People were bringing little children to Jesus
for him to place his hands on them, but the
disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw
this, he was indignant. He said to them,
“Let the little children come to me, and do
not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs
to such as these.
Mark 10:13-14

Yahweh/Jehovah:
I form light, and create darkness: I make
peace, and create evil: I the Lord Yahweh
do all these things ( Isaiah 45:7).
Clouds and darkness are
round about him... (97:2a) He sent darkness,
and made it dark...(Psalm 105a).He cast
upon them the fierceness of his anger, wrath,
and indignation, and trouble, by sending evil
angels among them (Psalm 78:49).

Christ:
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood,
but against the rulers, against the powers, against
the world forces of this darkness, against the
spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Ephesians 6:12
God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. (1John 1:5)
God is love (1 John 4:16)
(Love) thinketh no evil (1Corinthians 13:5)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

I am with you here.
I see the children of Dan persecuting children of Abraham.
I see white caucasians of Khazar attempting to inhabit a land that was never given to them as inheritance and driving out and murdering true semites that inhabit that land.
Good video.
I have been confused for quite awhile how non-semites murder semites in the defense of claiming anti-semitism when confronted for their actions.
Yahshayah confronted them for what they were telling them they do the works of their father.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
God does not value all life.

He values only certain life.

And you must blindly obey him and follow his everyword or else you'll be sent to the pit of hell and be tortured for all eternity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join