It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Yahweh/Jehovah Commanded You to Kill Innocent Schoolchildren, Would You Obey?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Rarely hear anything about meeting with your ruler in person. But probably they (those prisoners) probably did recognize him as their Ruler.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by manna2
"If the god of modern society today, moloch, the god of comfort, riches and luxury asked you to murder your first born in the womb, would you do it?"

It would still be no with 1. 1 couldn't do it for a reason such as request. I do however understand there are situations where some do have abortions due to health concern-drug abuse- and possibly not being financially strong enough to raise a child in a safe household. Now if the LORD said I need you to locate the BEAST and destroy its KINGDOM and ask it 1 more time does it want to return to the perfection from which it came, then YES 1 would do so.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

You quote Ezekiel 9. From chapter 8 to chapter 11, the prophet Ezekiel is seeing a vision. These events didn't really happen. They were symbolic of God's condemnation of the idolatry occurring in the city, even in God's Temple.

At the end of the vision, Ezekiel writes:

"Then the vision I had seen went up from me, and I told the exiles everything the LORD had shown me" (Ezekiel 11:24b-25).

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

Uuuuh no. If I heard God's voice telling me to go kill school children I would seek the help of a good psychiatrist.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
You know, if I heard a voice or saw an apparition that told me to kill children I would not do it. There is no way that my mind would allow me to think this was anything but a demonic entity.

Sadly, people have killed their own children claiming they were told the kids were demonic and they were told to do so.

Even if I saw the nail marks in his hands, I'd call bull# knowing it was a trick of the devil.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Yes as 1 cannot understand WHY the LORD would make such request when the can just grab their souls on WILL and take them back home.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

what do you say about job ? did god agree to get his wife and children killed ?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The new testament for Christians is Christs last word and teachings for His people till He returns.
It is patently absurd to suggest God will ask his children to kill anybody, evil people included.
Your premise is ludicrous. It cant and wont happen.
God wont do that. It is against his teachings.
If somebody said God wants you to do this or that and it is in conflict with Christs teachings then they are lying, God didnt and wont say it.
The premise is patently absurd.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Hypothetically, if there were some great deity, the one that rules over all, I would have this interchange with said deity:

Me: So you want me to kill all the children on that bus, correct?

Deity: Yes, because I demand it.

Me: So you mean to tell me that because you demand it, I should do it?

Deity: Yes! Go forth and spill the blood of those unbaptized children!

Me: May I ask you a question?

Deity: *clearly exasperated* Yes...what is it?

Me: Prove to me that you aren't just some figment of my imagination, or some alien screwing with me.

Deity: I prove myself to no one. I am the almighty creator, the architect of this grand existence!

Me: *yawns* But by showing yourself to me, does that not prove that you are at least in existence, and by your own claims, proof is not conducive to faith?

Deity: ...

Me: Well, are you going to answer?

Deity: *hologram disengages revealing a gray alien* You win.

I then proceed to pull out a baseball bat and bash the little bugger's skull in. Case closed.

Even if it were THE "God" I'd tell him to get bent and then use circular logic for the next hour to make him/her/it really ticked off.

Thanks to Douglas Adams for giving me an arguement in case I ever run into a deity.

-TS

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by CLPrime

what do you say about job ? did god agree to get his wife and children killed ?

Unfortunately it seems the story went thru many hands and some important parts may be missing. But the base of the situation was Job IS A STRONG SPIRIT AND THE BEAST SEEN HIM SHINING AND REQUESTED A TEST OF Job SPIRIT. GOD knew Job was stronger then the BEAST and showed the beast. Again to the LORD you may be souls trapped or bonded within a environment suits so to the DEATH may only be a phase.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Well...you'll find, in the case of Job, it wasn't God's decision to take the life of anyone. The character of "satan" in Job is responsible. God merely allows this "satan" to test Job, knowing that his faith is strong enough to withstand it. In the end, God gave back to Job more than what he had lost.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

lol
what you say we dont accept imposter fakers anymore only the REAL GOD(s)...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

is it written in the bible somewhere, how the children of job were killed ?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

"If the god of modern society today, moloch, the god of comfort, riches and luxury asked you to murder your first born in the womb, would you do it?"

It would still be no with 1. 1 couldn't do it for a reason such as request. I do however understand there are situations where some do have abortions due to health concern-drug abuse- and possibly not being financially strong enough to raise a child in a safe household. Now if the LORD said I need you to locate the BEAST and destroy its KINGDOM and ask it 1 more time does it want to return to the perfection from which it came, then YES 1 would do so.

so you agree that you would murder your child while in the womb for the sake of his blessings of riches and luxury? You need to wait till you get them? Like, you have to remove the baggage first?
I am serious. This is the secular god of this culture.
And he has demanded your first born to continue his blessings to society.
You don't have to address a culture iof the past to ask your question.
"Would you murder your first born in the womb to satisfy him in pursuit of pleasure and comfort?"
I think you just answered yes. Unless it came from Yahweh?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Technically, the wind did it (Job 1:18-19).
Evil wind.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

so you agree that you would murder your child while in the womb for the sake of his blessings of riches and luxury?

NO!?! manna2, you are misunderstanding I dont have a price was taught not to from early on...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Well...you'll find, in the case of Job, it wasn't God's decision to take the life of anyone. The character of "satan" in Job is responsible. God merely allows this "satan" to test Job, knowing that his faith is strong enough to withstand it. In the end, God gave back to Job more than what he had lost.

job 1:12
The LORD said to Satan, “Very well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.”
don't you think, it was god's decision ? additionally, god started the topic:

job 1:8
Then the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.”
edit on 11-4-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

ok, I reread your posts and I do believe I misunderstood your response.
My challenge stands for the op though, and anyone seeking to answer the op's question.
There is no reason to address a past culture for a question to the present when the situation exists in our own society.
I am amazed at how easy it is justified though.
All for the sake of luxury and riches..well, the promise of it anyway.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Two winters ago I was terribly out of my mind. I am bi-polar1 and stopped counting the number of times I have been hospitalized for it after I hit twenty in 35 years. This time the strongest meds weren't touching it all at. I have heard some voices in the past, but this one was talking to me and had me convinced it was a higher power. I was believing everything this voice was saying. I went outside for a smoke and a mockingbird flew to my bird feeder. The voice said "Those are our eyes." I called bull# on that and said that is not my faith. This jig was up.

The strangest part of this is that when I told my psychiatrist about this he said: "We've heard this before." I truly believe I was dealing with the demonic and if I would have bought the line about mockingbird bird eyes I'd been owned. It was just a strategy from the devils playbook.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

God has supreme authority in all things; but, in this instance (and, in fact, in the entire course of human history), God allows Satan room to work for set purposes. Satan cannot act beyond what God allows him. In this case, God doesn't allow Satan to harm Job. Satan's field of play, then, included Job's possessions -- which included his children.

This was basically just an epic arm wrestle between God (with his confidence in Job) and Satan (with his confidence in his own ability to destroy Job's faith). God initiated the conversation, but Satan was the one who showed up in God's presence in the first place, and Satan was also the one who initiated the challenge. And then God established the rules.
edit on 11-4-2012 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join