It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Yahweh/Jehovah Commanded You to Kill Innocent Schoolchildren, Would You Obey?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
simple answer for me personally would be
NO

did the lords commandments say "Thou Shalt Not Kill"
life is precious and is not for me to decide who lives and who dies as im just a mere human and do not believe in killing

i guess by my answer i would be doomed to burn in hell?
edit on 11-4-2012 by YipMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
While I do not consider myself Christian I was raised In a very Christian environment, and the first things that come to mind with a question like that are: "judge a tree by a fruit it produces" and " beware of false prophets"

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

If god told me to kill someone i wouldn't.

If god told me to love someone i wouldn't.

If god needs or wants something, he is not god.

Knock knock, 21st century?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

No. Quite simple really. Wouldn't even entertain it. May point out that he / she isn't my god anyway and therefore has absolutely no authority over me.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Commandments to exterminate Amalekites

Of the 613 mitzvot (commandments) followed by Orthodox Jews, three refer to the Amalek: to remember what the Amalekites did to Jews, to not forget what the Amalekites did to Jews, and to destroy the Amalekites utterly. The rabbis derived these from Deuteronomy 25:17-18, Exodus 17:14 and 1 Sam. 15:3. Rashi explains the third commandment: From man unto woman, from infant unto suckling, from ox unto sheep, so that the name of Amalek not be mentioned even with reference to an animal by saying "This animal belonged to Amalek"..

en.wikipedia.org...

Seems kinda ironic that genocide is part of the jewish commandments. And that the Jews did indeed commit genocide on the Amelekites.

edit on 11-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by YipMan

Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death. Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Why would God issue such a ridiculous order...only man does crap like that. Man saying God told him to do it, in order to justify a heinous act.

Des

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Crazy question.

Even if he did exist i would still tell him where to stick it.

But i guess you intended it for religious peoeple, and you know them, they can talk there way outa anything.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
You'ld think god could do his own dirty work
but noe...

a couple zanex and you'll be smiling while god tells you to kill your own children.

interesting to note
this thread title appears on different forums all over the net
what is this a survey?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
If god ordered me to do anything, I would probably consult a shrink first.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I would take it in consideration as long as Yahweh, God or some other 'ruling' creature would ask me personally. If that happens and only if, I must recognize such a creature as ruling over me. So what are my odds?

link   

Originally posted by 1nOne
reply to post by YipMan

Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death. Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT

evil happens daily throughout theplanet
does that give me the right to declare on anybody "you are to die by my hands for your actions"
no
i live my life as peacefull as possible and believe that do unto others as you would have done unto you
and as a few posters have allready said
why would "God" need a human to do such work when if its truly "God/The Lord" he/she/it could easily do there own work?
i do not believe in murder and would never dirty my hands with another persons blood
regardless if that gets me sent to the depths of hell for not killing anybody
that is a price i would pay for my belief that ALL life is precious
because if i cannot stay true to my own beliefs how can i stay true to my creators teachings?

link   
why would you even ask such a horrendous question? to think someone would answer in the positive, means that person needs to be institutionalized, and/or watched closely. in fact, i kind of wonder why you are so interested in such a sick and perverse subject.

link   
No, but I will play Devil's (God's) advocate: if God commands it, they are not innocent.

This is the filth that infests the mind of the zealot.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

No I'd check myself into a loony home, because If I start hearing voices from people I don't beleive exist then I would definately just question my sanity.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

Your question should be re phrased specifically for Christians. Otherwise it has no relevance it terms of MY God says to do something.

Also, in terms of location, how does one God trump another? For example, Britain is a "Christian" country. That said, it also has religion far far older than Christianity, specific to this Isle (Briga, Nemain, etc). So, for arguments sake, Yahweh says kill all children - that is something Briga would never demand and Briga is the chief of the old Gods here. Does that mean you ignore Briga or you ignore Yahweh? You could obviously also transplant Britain for many other nations around the world and their religions......

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snglddy
I would take it in consideration as long as Yahweh, God or some other 'ruling' creature would ask me personally. If that happens and only if, I must recognize such a creature as ruling over me. So what are my odds?

How many people are in prison who used as their defense....God told me to do it....

About the same odds.......

Des

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

@If Yahweh/Jehovah Commanded You to Kill Innocent Schoolchildren, Would You Obey?,

I would beg of my LORD to send another to do the deeds as to 1 it wouldn't seem right. 1 prefers to fight in realms were there is total evol so there is no collateral damage made, SPIRITUALLY. Further the LORD may see the souls beyond flesh and may feel those souls requested sent... Are to be re taught or re lit. Interesting question.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
hmmm interesting.
I see this question a matter of understanding the times and culture to identifypeople.

I think a pertinant question for today would be
"If the god of modern society today, moloch, the god of comfort, riches and luxury asked you to murder your first born in the womb, would you do it?"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join