It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 (updated 8.7) QUAKE off the coast of Sumatra! Oh my......

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
-New Zealand gov't says no tsunami threat to New Zealand
-Indonesia president: 'No tsunami threat although we are on alert from earthquake' off coast of Banda Aceh
-Thailand's TAN Network reports Phuket Airport is closed

**Indonesia's disaster mitigation agency says no detection of low tide that would indicate tsunami in Aceh
edit on 11-4-2012 by asala because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
BBC:

The tremor was felt as far away as Singapore, Thailand and India.

The Thai office of disaster management said people along the west coast of Andaman province should heed warnings and evacuate.

www.bbc.co.uk...

The Nation:

BANGKOK: -- The Information and Communications Technology Ministry has issued an urgent warning for people living on Andaman coastal areas in southern Thailand to evacuate following a 8.9-Richter-scale quake in Indonesia.

The US Geological Survey said the epicentre was at the west coast of northern Sumatra in Indonesia at 3:45 pm.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennvideo

Originally posted by UKmonster
Qreply to post by PuterMan

I didnt say massive, I said big. And because it has the potential to produce a big tsunami.

STOP ARGUEING OVER PETTY CRAP AND EGOS ON WHO IS RIGHT OR RIGHTER...PEOPLES LIVES ARE AT STAKE!!!!

Not trolling but are you hinting that ATS is helping save lives with this thread?

Just asking.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kennvideo

Are you actually watching these videos before adding them here? I guess not....

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I beg to Differ! They all show water column movement.
edit on 11-4-2012 by Mister1k because: more info

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I think thankfully there will be no tsunami for Indonesia this time, It should have already hit or be hitting now.

I am sure there will be some damage though. I feel for them, I can imagine memories of experiences rushing back to not long ago.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

I'd actually say it;s very fair to point out that ATS is a very international site and probably has members in the effect area, given the fact it's the entire Indian Ocean basin. Although they are saying no Tsunami appears to have hit the first areas, CNN seems to be saying the warnings are still valid in other directions as time goes on. I'll take it as very good news that one should have hit hard by now though and nothing has actually happened by reports.

Good news indeed... Lets hope it continues and the Earth settles back down for awhile after this... No more 7's and 8's for awhile would be nice.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

STOP ARGUEING OVER PETTY CRAP AND EGOS ON WHO IS RIGHT OR RIGHTER...PEOPLES LIVES ARE AT STAKE!!!!

We are not arguing about petty crap or about who is right or righter. Where do you see any of that is the excahange. I merely asked UKMonster to provide his source for the fact that this would be a big (I mistakenly remembered massive) tsunami.

Nothing more than that and nothing to do with ego or anything else other than a scientific interest in the event.

Now, since you say peoples lives are at stake perhaps you would care to point out the source for that information seeing as how there have been several posters reporting sources saying that this probably is not the case.

Finally. Please do not shout. It is rude.

link   

PEOPLE HERE TRY TO SEE WHO HAS THE BIGGEST ONE!!! EGOS... AND IT'S STUPID!!!! PEOPLE GET INFO FROM HERE AND YES IT CAN SAVE LIVES EVEN IF ONLY ONE.... PEOPLE WHO SIT IN THEIR BASEMENT AND PROGNOSTICATE REALLY KNOWING NOTHING!!!!

edit on Wed Apr 11 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: The use of ALL CAPS

link   

Oddly, threads like this can actually help alot to members in those areas,,

Just look back at a quake thread when NZ was hit, There where quite a few who got quicker updates from ATS than anywhere else! Some seen more what was happening in there town than they could see themselves as they where holed up inside. inturn helping them to get safe.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Again, not trolling but I doubt that ANYONE in Indonesia is logged on to ATS right now and calmly reading this thread.

Call it a hunch.

link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

Agreed, we would have heard the reports of it by now.

link   
reply to post by asala

If you say so, fine. I stand corrected.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala

Oddly, threads like this can actually help alot to members in those areas,,

Just look back at a quake thread when NZ was hit, There where quite a few who got quicker updates from ATS than anywhere else! Some seen more what was happening in there town than they could see themselves as they where holed up inside. inturn helping them to get safe.

DAMN RIGHT MY FRIEND!!!!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Dude, calm down.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Heres a live stream on the quake for those not near a TV

edition.cnn.com.../video/cvplive/cvpstream2

Also quake downgraded to an 8.5

link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

Dude, calm down.

^^

link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I just wanna make it clear I wasn't fear mongering etc. But I was wrong anyway we would know about the tsunami by now.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
This is the 8th biggest earthquake in recorded history... WOW

www.embargozone.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Just imagine if it hit in Virginia an 8.7. You would have 13 plus nuclear facilities in meltdown. A Nuclear tsunami! Wakey wakey!! ALL TO BOIL WATER.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join