It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by omega man
reply to post by kennvideo
This could be the start of the SuperQuakes.
- A tsunami warning has been issued as Indonesia’s geophysical agency has registered an 8.9 magnitude earthquake in the Aceh region, off the western coast of northern Sumatra.
- USGS has calculated that 547,000 people will have experienced a MMI VII Very strong shaking. Earthquake-Report.com does NOT expect shaking victims BUT we expect serious danger for the Northern Sumatra coast (Banda Aceh area) and Simeulue island, both areas who were hardest hit in the earlier tsunamis
- USGS has decreased his initial magnitude from 8.9 to 8.7. Other agencies are reporting lower values (a big difference)
- NOAA is publishing good news for the USA west coast : …A STRONG EARTHQUAKE HAS OCCURRED BUT A TSUNAMI IS NOT EXPECTED ALONG THE CALIFORNIA/ OREGON/ WASHINGTON/BRITISH COLUMBIA OR ALASKA COASTS… NO WARNING… NO WATCH AND NO ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FOR THESE AREAS.
BASED ON LOCATION OF THE EVENT BEING OUTSIDE THE PACIFIC BASIN THE EARTHQUAKE WAS NOT SUFFICIENT TO GENERATE A TSUNAMI DAMAGING
TO CALIFORNIA/ OREGON/ WASHINGTON/ BRITISH COLUMBIA OR ALASKA. RESIDENTS IN THE INDIAN OCEAN REGION SHOULD REFER TO THE PACIFIC
TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER MESSAGE.
- GDACS has issued a green earthquake report, but we predict that it will change soon into a RED tsunami report. Nor GDACS, not NOAA have issued tsunami notes yet, but we expect them to arrive soon.
- due to the huge number of people coming to read our report, the server hangs regularly even for us writing in it
- This earthquake has a lot of similar data as the giant destructive earthquake and tsunami from many years ago, killing thousands of people. A general tsunami alarm looks imminent for the entire area
- Extremely dangerous earthquake
Preliminary data are saying a +8 magnitude
The earthquake has been felt in Thailand and in Malaysia
A tsunami alarm will certainly in place in large parts of the area(/ex)
Originally posted by Militarywarfare
They say the first waves has alredy hit the coast..