It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the only one in south Florida seeing this?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by redtic
Damn, I was just about to post a similar sighting in a new thread. I'm just about as skeptical of these things as you get (at least on ATS), but I can't explain what I saw. I was out with my kids at about 8:45pm, so it was still dusk (not fully dark) and we were looking at Venus and Jupiter in the west, when I looked straight up and saw what I thought was a bright star, but it was moving - and it was moving at a pretty good clip (going SW to NE). It appeared that it was very high up, which if that's the case, it was *really* moving - there was no jet or helicopter noise. It literally looked like a bright star - mag somewhere between Venus and Jupiter. My first inclination was to say it was a jet, but jets don't light up like that and there were *no* blinking lights. It reminded me a lot of the night vision movies you see of "UFOs". So, did I just see my first UFO?

Thank you!
These objects far surpass what we'd expect to see.

Unless of course the military have a whole new slew of vehicles traversing the skies at incredible speeds and performance that are un-told and unknown to man.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The Lyrid meteor shower will peak April 22. Sometimes these meteors air burst and change direction as they enter Earth's atmosphere. Also when a meteor bursts it can create a fragment formation usually V shaped. Unless you are seeing complete stops in forward movement or complete reversals, its probably a Lyrid object.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cauliflower
The Lyrid meteor shower will peak April 22. Sometimes these meteors air burst and change direction as they enter Earth's atmosphere. Also when a meteor bursts it can create a fragment formation usually V shaped. Unless you are seeing complete stops in forward movement or complete reversals, its probably a Lyrid object.

Yeah that's it.
Meteor showers.
It was a meteor.
What the hell was I thinking

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

yes i also am from palm beach county .im semi new to this site . This is my first reply on this site ! and for a year now ive been watching the sky at night . i also see the same objects in the sky and have recorded a couple .
I always thought they were satilites ,but some would change direction speed up or stop and sit and then fade away after a min or two i also have seen orbs in a handful of occasions , they were big and brite doing counter and clockwise turns going fast and silent... i mean they would give me goose bumps .... and i have recorded one that i dont know wut it is and it also gave me the chills .i have it on you tube under the same name as i dont know how to upload it here ...im glad im not the only one watching at nite in w.p.b because i explain this to my friends and they think im crazy ..lol

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

i have video taped them with a nixon camera im goin to put my linnk to you tube here if i can
this vide shows a soild ,brite light and i am centering it and letting it move to the right and then centering again and it was hard to keep it straight on the object as i have a lot of trees in the yard and befor i hit the picture button and lost it but this is one vid www.youtube.com...

and this is another 2 orbed object i taped pulling out of the drive way www.youtube.com...
edit on 11-4-2012 by hakalugie4u because: sorry just figured out how to embed a video

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

You could always go to the local electronics store and buy yourself a good video camera with optical zoom, putting it all on credit....Then just take it back and return it after you get some decent footage!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Hello Alien Human. I have seen what you are describing and know what you mean. They are very high up and faint but once your eyes track them you can see. Sometimes they go straight, sometimes in pairs, sometimes they turn. I always thought they were just satellites though but maybe will reconsider. They go very fast. I also know what you mean on seeing dark objects that glide (black on black is how I describe it too). Must all be happening in Florida at the moment as haven't seen anything in Adelaide for almost six months now. Sightings come in bursts I have concluded. One month you see something almost daily then nothing for months.

Keep looking up (and yes my neck is always cramped too).

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

your not the only one seeing this (im in the UK)
i have seen these when i saw these the first time
they were not moving and i just thought that i
could see more stars that night, then all of a sudden
they were darting all over the place like as if they
were playing tick(tag) ,id say maybe 7or 8 of them

i have also saw what i thought to be a star just
shoot out of sight

and also seen some shine so bright then just fade away
in a click of a finger

so your not the only one mate star and flag off me
edit on 12/4/2012 by maryhinge because: s+f

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I think an important thing that people should remember is, just cause it is a UFO, does not necessarily make it Aliens.

In theory a russian plane that can't be identified as a russian plane would be classified as a UFO. Just keep that in mind people. The word UFO has kind of gone off track.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge

your not the only one seeing this (im in the UK)
i have seen these when i saw these the first time
they were not moving and i just thought that i
could see more stars that night, then all of a sudden
they were darting all over the place like as if they
were playing tick(tag) ,id say maybe 7or 8 of them

i have also saw what i thought to be a star just
shoot out of sight

and also seen some shine so bright then just fade away
in a click of a finger

so your not the only one mate star and flag off me
edit on 12/4/2012 by maryhinge because: s+f

Thanks for the validation

I just never noticed how frequent this occurs.
Because so far, each night, with the intention of spotting one of these, I do!! I mean what are the odds that every night so far, I was lucky enough to see a satellite? Besides, these do not behave like a satellite. Or plane. Or anything I'm familiar with. These swiftly dart around with total ease from one spot to another. Almost appearing they stop on a dime too. Very weird.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

Thanks for posting, might have a look around one night myself too then!

If this is really going on and it's UFO's though, seeing them constantly like this must mean that there's going to be a flood of people talking about the same thing shortly. And if it is UFO's and people do start talking loads about seeing the same thing, it seriously makes you wonder what's going on out there right now.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Australiana
Hello Alien Human. I have seen what you are describing and know what you mean. They are very high up and faint but once your eyes track them you can see. Sometimes they go straight, sometimes in pairs, sometimes they turn. I always thought they were just satellites though but maybe will reconsider. They go very fast. I also know what you mean on seeing dark objects that glide (black on black is how I describe it too). Must all be happening in Florida at the moment as haven't seen anything in Adelaide for almost six months now. Sightings come in bursts I have concluded. One month you see something almost daily then nothing for months.

Keep looking up (and yes my neck is always cramped too).

Thanks

You probably would understand firsthand why I can't take a photo of this event.
They are SO incredibly hard to see but like you said, once you do.....it's quite obvious that you're looking at something different and sensational.

You too have seen the black on black anomaly? Wow. Because I have no idea what I saw. I think our Human minds are so conditioned and so blocked up with prefabricated thoughts that we can't process it in.

I know I saw something but my mind wasn't breaking it down into rational terms that I could comprehend.
But there is no doubt at all that I saw something in a boomerang/Chevron shape gliding over my house the other night too. It almost looked like a gigantic black garbage bag for it looked textured (for lack of a better word)?

I now have this excited feeling when I go outside at night but I gotta tell you, I am not prepared to keep seeing these different sightings. I go out in anticipation of spotting one of these star-size objects but then I get blindsided when something else shows up.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by hakalugie4u

i have video taped them with a nixon camera im goin to put my linnk to you tube here if i can
this vide shows a soild ,brite light and i am centering it and letting it move to the right and then centering again and it was hard to keep it straight on the object as i have a lot of trees in the yard and befor i hit the picture button and lost it but this is one vid www.youtube.com...

and this is another 2 orbed object i taped pulling out of the drive way www.youtube.com...
edit on 11-4-2012 by hakalugie4u because: sorry just figured out how to embed a video

Thank you
Very impressive indeed. But this is not what I've been seeing. Or at least, it doesn't appear to be. The ones I've been seeing, don't stand out. They're almost camouflaged in with all the stars. You have to really scan the skies to find them.

From my vantage point, I only have so much sky to scan (houses, palm trees and just the limited horizon) so I have about maybe 50 stars in my field of view. From THAT..... I have to hone in on what's moving. And so far, each night. one of these 'stars' have yet to cease to amaze me.

Do you have a thread about your sightings?
edit on 12-4-2012 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Negative.
Nothing down in the City of Miami.
I live in the off flight path of MIA and see trafffic out of Opa Locka Airport from time to time.
So there's always planes flying over or around my house.

In any case nothing out of the ordinary.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

no sir i do not , i am new when it comes to posting on the internet . not very god with computers lol

but i do understand where your coming from i do have video of exactly what you are seeing but like you said
it is very hard to make out the other stars ,
on my camera the stars in the back round will flicker or be visible for a sec or 2 i am not using a video camera i am using a camera with video option

im goin to try and find one for you will post later

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I am wondering how people keep seeing things in the night sky. Every night I go out not expecting and expecting, yet see nothing. Am I doing something wrong? I have only seen one. A silver object that might have been a jet. Oddest part of it, NO JET TRAIL!! Someone please tell me if there is a way to find these objects.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by l33h4rv

try this site here:

latest worldwide meteor hunters

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by l33h4rv

I am wondering how people keep seeing things in the night sky. Every night I go out not expecting and expecting, yet see nothing. Am I doing something wrong? I have only seen one. A silver object that might have been a jet. Oddest part of it, NO JET TRAIL!! Someone please tell me if there is a way to find these objects.

All I can suggest is perseverance although I'm catching them within 10-minutes now.

Right now Mars is overhead. I suggest you look east of Mars. That's where I've found the majority of them.
Then keep looking at (what appear to be) fixed stars. I mean, don't look at a star then dismiss it. Keep looking. Give it a good 30 seconds because these 'things' resemble stars and can easily pass as one. But alas, they're NOT stars. They are objects jettisoning across the sky.

Here's a long shot theory: Maybe somehow they are able to know we're watching them? And maybe (I know it's a stretch but play along with me) they decide to do their thing when the right person, at the right time, is watching?

I've learned to expect nothing yet accept everything because reality is far more different than what we've been told.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mdez13
reply to post by l33h4rv

try this site here:

latest worldwide meteor hunters

You don't seem to get it. These are not natural in nature. These are artificial objects under some kind of intelligent control.

They are NOT meteors, asteroids, moons or stars. They are crafts of some sort.
They are either man-made or alien

Those are the choices. Pick one but you can't add to the list because at that point you might as well add in delusion and optical illusion (which they're not)

I'm not mocking or scolding you but you're not on the right path

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join