It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is not a police state! Quit the censcorship nonsense!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Greetings ATS,

For the last several days, I've seen thread after thread griping about how the mods were censoring the forums, deleting posts, and in general behaving like dictators.

I've read posts calling mods power-hungry and on an ego trip. I've read threads calling for certain mods to be voted out of their position.

How many threads does it take before we understand?

ATS IS NOT "OUR" SITE. We don't own it. We don't pay for it. We are here b/c we want to be here. And guess what. That means we have to play by the rules of ATS.

One of those rules prohibts the discussion of certain topics. If those bothers you, then discuss the topic on another forum...they are out there.

Think the mods are too harsh? Think again. One of the reasons I come to ATS is to debate theories in an intelligent, civil manner. When was the last time you read civil replies on YouTube? I, for one, have no desire to participate in a thread where profanity and name-calling are mainstays. That's why ATS has mods, and they do a damn fine job of keeping threads from getting out of hand.

So I guess what I have to say: Enough already. ATS is what it is. Deal with it or move on, but for goodness sake quit whining about it!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I agree with you but how are you any different from them now because of your rant?

Unless you are sucking up to the mods lol.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
/ats is a website setup by a person who is not perfect like every other person on the planet. Get over it. If you do not like this place go else where, it is simple really.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Greetings from ATS,

ATS is what it is. Deal with it or move on, but for goodness sake do not whine about it!

This should go into the automated response in the new account intro threads.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
I agree with you but how are you any different from them now because of your rant?

Unless you are sucking up to the mods lol.

LOL
No, not sucking up to the mods. Personally I'm not that concerned with stars and flags and points.

I'm just tired of the threads critizing the site or the mods.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

i've had posts removed. i've had threads removed.
each time it happened, i was directed to the terms and conditions rules i violated.

i'm glad the moderators do the work they do. if it wasn't for them, this site would end up being some crappy site with people hurling insults instead of honest debate.

for examples of what i mean, go to a youtube video any youtube video and read the comments. to call the posts childish is being unfair to children.

ATS is a great site, i wear my ATS shirt proudly.
still waiting for the ATS coffee mug. ha ha ha

-subfab

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Yeah some people do take it too far.
I mean just imagine what this site would be like with not mods?
CHAOS.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
ATS is a dictatorship. You will obey the T&C Good Citizen, or you will take a ride in the ATS van. WHen you come to this "state" you agree to a certain set of behavioral do's and no-nos.. with consequences hinted at. If you disobey.. well... it just aint pretty.. **sobs**

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Meh - if you think about its not really that different from going to visit someone's house.

Say you come over to my pad. There's a bunch of people there. People are talking, people are having a good time. But some guy starts making trouble. He starts shouting, breaking things and generally not following the rules I've set down for my pad.

I'm gonna give him the boot. I can do that because its my pad, he's visiting and he's not going by the house rules like the rest of the guests are. He's doing things that make the other guests (and me) very unhappy. Guess what? He's getting the boot out of my pad. You'd probably do the same if someone came in your place and did similar.

Its the same deal here. We are guests here. They've been nice enough to leave the door open. Its not too much to ask to not mess the place up, make a scene or or otherwise act out.

edit on 10-4-2012 by Frogs because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2012 by Frogs because: typos - frogs is tired

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Dear OP, I take on board what you are saying, and appreciate that the mods and site rules are mainly there to keep civility and decorum. They do a good job for the most part, although I have seen these rules, on occasion, bended or interpreted to suit other purposes and biases.

I'm aware of it, but still make to *choice* to be here, like all of you do.

Not for lack of trying, but I don't think us users have the influence to change this.

I'm not sure why, but this sites generally for lighthearted conspiracy buffs anyway, the real minds on the internet, even though aware of ATS, choose to post on other forums. Maybe I'm missing something? Hopefully ill be in the know one day.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
For every rant about ATS censorship, there is another rant decrying the fact that the mods don't do enough to censor things.

Then there are the rants who say that ATS has gone downhill and now consists of nothing but stupid people who post inane threads. They say they want it back like the "good old days".

Apparently there is a sizable amount of ATS members who want it to be different.

Makes you wonder why they're on here to begin with. Be the change you seek!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

ATS IS NOT "OUR" SITE. We don't own it. We don't pay for it. We are here b/c we want to be here. And guess what. That means we have to play by the rules of ATS.

ATS doesn't pay...they earn

Rules? Of course. But...

Without us, there is NO ATS.

Peace

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
ATS is a dictatorship. You will obey the T&C Good Citizen, or you will take a ride in the ATS van. WHen you come to this "state" you agree to a certain set of behavioral do's and no-nos.. with consequences hinted at. If you disobey.. well... it just aint pretty.. **sobs**

True. But in this dictatorship, you have the option to move on.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

They pick and choose certain topics which they deem "sensitive" to certain people and delete them, yet when aimed at a certain other group, it's fine. I'm personally tired of EVERYONE's double standard.

As far as this being their site. As with this country, They don't have anything if it wasn't for us people. Every country and business would shut down. It's the people who make anything possible. If everyone stopped coming to this site it would be finished.

Problem is everyone needs to stop sucking up and realize the actual strength and potential of their actions....or lack thereof.

Remember, there's the herd mentality ,that's scared to death and sucks up out of fear, then there are people who stand against all even when it's hopeless. Those are the ones who built this world.

JUDE11--- you got it right. No people No ATS. It is OUR site
edit on 10/4/2012 by Revealation because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I understand the mods have a job to do I may not always agree with them but what can you do.

What pisses me off though is people who call for more censorship or bans because they feel certain people or posts/ threads are bigoted or in some way dont fit in with what they see as right.

Unless someone is directly insulting someone let it fly, the world is full of rascists, sexists, religious nuts etc etc.
Censoring them or banning them doesnt make them go away in the real world and it never hurts (although it can frustrate the hell out of you) to heaar what they have to say.

Mods do your thing,
posters harden up, not everyone out there sees the world the way you do

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
ATS belongs to us....

I understand your point. Without us, ATS would cease to exist...

...but that's not true.

How many people are members? How many more join every day? How many potential members are even now coming closer to finding ATS?

Even if half of the members left, ATS would be fine.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
It's they're roof we are under,abide by the rules.

Like my parents told me when I was 18,don't abide to our rules,then move out.

Many places to go,but this is more comfortable,if you know what I mean.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
I understand the mods have a job to do I may not always agree with them but what can you do.

What pisses me off though is people who call for more censorship or bans because they feel certain people or posts/ threads are bigoted or in some way dont fit in with what they see as right.

Unless someone is directly insulting someone let it fly, the world is full of rascists, sexists, religious nuts etc etc.
Censoring them or banning them doesnt make them go away in the real world and it never hurts (although it can frustrate the hell out of you) to heaar what they have to say.

Mods do your thing,
posters harden up, not everyone out there sees the world the way you do

Nailed it.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Gotta love threads whining about other people whining!

But seriously though,I agree with you op.No one is forced to stay here.It's actually one the better moderated boards I visit.It's simple,if you don't like it you're free to go elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
Gotta love threads whining about other people whining!

But seriously though,I agree with you op.No one is forced to stay here.It's actually one the better moderated boards I visit.It's simple,if you don't like it you're free to go elsewhere.

Yeah, I'm starting to think the Rant Forum should be removed. It's just whining and complaining, and I'm no exception.

Does anyone know when the rant forum was started? I've been on sabbatical for a couple of years and it's new to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join