It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These Imbeciles Thought the Titanic Disaster Was Just a Movie

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
To busy on face book and painting thier nails than paying attention in class.!

facebook sucks!!!!!!

but teach i dont want to learn its boring!!!!!!!.

lets just all put each other down on facebook

contract aids with all the shagging without no doubt protection on the fuc@ing thing.

kids got more than we all used to get as kids. with there tv playstation xbox laptops dvds

but mom im bored!!!!! thats the mentality of today

then its a wonder these kids and some others older ones are ignorant to history .

the only thing that matters to them is facebook and mcdonalds and chucking out as many kids as poss.

they got all the wikipedias but dont want to .

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
What a bunch of spoiled #ing dingy little dumb asses. the titanic victims don't need the honor of such dumb #s knowing about their disaster. I bet these idiotic pieces of # think Jack and Rose were real too.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by denver22
To busy on face book and painting thier nails than paying attention in class.!

facebook sucks!!!!!!

but teach i dont want to learn its boring!!!!!!!.

lets just all put each other down on facebook

contract aids with all the shagging without no doubt protection on the fuc@ing thing.

kids got more than we all used to get as kids. with there tv playstation xbox laptops dvds

but mom im bored!!!!! thats the mentality of today

then its a wonder these kids and some others older ones are ignorant to history .

the only thing that matters to them is facebook and mcdonalds and chucking out as many kids as poss.

they got all the wikipedias but dont want to .

Hrm, not trying to be a prick mate, but maybe you should not be so quick to judge, if this post is anything to go on.

vvv

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Titanic happened, it is not exactly a ''history'' lesson. It is an event that took place, that doesn't really impact our educational curriculum.

An interesting story as it is. It is not relevant to education.

I actually don't understand why it is taught in schools.
People who didn't know it was a true event, I'm sure you don't know about many events that have been depicted in films. I'm sure this does not in turn make you stupid.

As for kids blah blah, how much they have.
It is your generation that made these gadgets. The younger ones are taking advantage of them.

U mad bro?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

that is how humanity will progress (and i use the word progress loosely)
think about how people were around before cars and seeing them become more popular wondering why everybody is in a rush to do nothing.
now we have super speedy communications and techology advances constantly.
i agree with everyone that says history is important but as now that knowledge is digital, the need to learn becomes less.
people are living in the moment alot more now because the future of humanity is approaching faster than ever.

ps, anyone who doesn't know the titanic is real is a moron.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FenderWolf

Actually, though you're right that Jack and Rose are indeed fictious characters, there is actually a true love story that took place on that ship.

au.news.yahoo.com...

Frankly, this one is much more interesting, too.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FenderWolf

yeah they probably do.

jee i thought it was just a film mate most dont want to learn

they wont even read a book why?

hard work turning the pages is why.

most worship facebook as god

and gossip that goes with it..

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

why get angry about it, you lose if the way the world is gets to you so much.
don't like facebook then don't use it. want more people to read, buy someone book as a gift.
moaning about stuff will get nothing done and you'll still feel angry.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
We are all stupid on some level.

Its relative.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

I sure am glad I was not the only one that thought mast of them were trying to invoke a laugh. At least I hope that is the case

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Ironically, adding salt to water does not make it boil faster. It actually makes it take longer to boil by increasing water's boiling point (the opposite of what water does to its freezing point, as you demonstrated).
Though, for as much salt as you'd actually want to add to the water, the effect is negligible. In order to get the boiling point of water to change by just 2 degrees Celsius, you actually have to add half a pound of salt. And, again, that increases the boiling point by those 2 degrees, making it take slightly longer to boil.
Adding salt to water is really just for flavour.

Now, these people tweeting that they've never heard of the Titanic... are we sure they're not just joking. It's given my mother and I a great deal of entertainment this morning, reading the tweets, but it sounds too bad to be true.

ETA: of course, all of this may have been pointed out already, because it seems I didn't see a whole 8 pages to this thread when I clicked it... but it's staying.
edit on 11-4-2012 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
are the younger generation more stupid than the generation before them?

I can't stop laughing this is so epic fail, what is next? I can't wait!

giggles

nanu nanu

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Some of those comments may have been from people who have not had an education,or from distant lands where they do not teach about the Titanic.

I actually know someone who was told at school in the far east,that dinosaur bones were forged and buried "a hundred years ago"by our ancestors,to trick us in the future.

True story...and you should have sen his face when I tried to explain what he was looking at when I showed him the Hubble ultra deep field image..

Its all about what you are taught..
edit on 10/4/2012 by Silcone Synapse because: (no reason given)

the old adage..."you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink" comes to mind. if the teacher gives out a reading assignment to the class, this doesn't mean that the students actually reads it or understands it, let alone care about what is actually said.
since when has a teacher been able to FORCE a student to learn. the student is 90% responsible for his own learning, the teacher can only supply the tools and materials. if a student wants to be treated as an adult, start acting like one, the parents need to stop blaming the teachers.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Surely, SURELY, they have to be referring to the DiCaprio-Winslet love story, saying they never knew "that" was real?

How is it even possible not to hear of it in passing sometime in their lives? TV, word of mouth, radio, music?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Sadly, I was recently reading an article in regards to the fact that your average person on the street can name all the cast members from a god awful "reality" show, and yet cannot produce the names of their President, VP, Senator, Congressman, etc....

The article also said the average vocabulary of a five year old today is half of what it was for a five year old in 1950.

And we're doing this to ourselves. Re-creating a serfdom for our overlords.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Um.. probably one person didn't realize it was real - the rest is your standard Internet level of sarcasm.

Typical ATS though - take ONE person's stupid comment, and react to it in a such a way as to make it seem like our young are complete imbeciles. The folks I know.. most of their kids are pretty clever. Just because kids do different things to get noticed.. to get attention.. to "shock" people and fit in, doesn't mean they are all blithering idiots.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Oh to be a fly on the wall in another 100 years time when kids are twitting.
"ZOMAGAD I didn't know 9/11 was realz lolz"

Cue people on the future version of ATS saying so what, why should they know, it was all done with fairies and mirrors anyway.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Why is everyone acting as though teenagers haven't generally been ignorant of certain things since forever? I'm sure some of you older folk who have had 50+ years to amass knowledge don't quite remember what you and your friends knew at the age of 16 to 20.

I might be a bit biased since I myself am 20, but I've met plenty of ignorant older people. To say that it's just my generation is just wrong. We're just able to more publicly state what we don't know to the entire world.

My two cents on the matter.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
You figure as much as it is on national geographic channel, discovery channel and history channel, wildlife channel they would have known. In fact they are going down again as they found a section of the Titanic they never knew was there and recently discovered it. When I was younger you couldn't pull me away from the tube. I loved watching all them channels and I still do. Watching all the Captain Jack Cousteau adventures. I think all of them should be a requirement in the science studies. Now kids are all wrapped up in the digital world of games and fantasy.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
There is a difference between a lack of education, and a lack of intelligence.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join