It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These Imbeciles Thought the Titanic Disaster Was Just a Movie

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
kids nowadays seem to be more focused on learning about who shagged who, or wot nots
on "facebook", than a "history book"
the "sheeple" are getting herded into one place ...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22

Here in Chile most of the younger generation don't even care to learn anything that isn't on TV or important to their everyday life....

I think most of us here at ATS will find this sad because our motto is: Deny Ignorance.

anyway, S+F.

you are right about that one....

Yeh kids are so dumb these dayz - I despair - It would be quicker to train a monkey to do brain surgery than these losers
By the way where is Chile is it a province of China - I always fort it was one of those hot things you put in curry

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

kids nowadays seem to be more focused on learning about who shagged who, or wot nots

Facebook is a book too -
Did you hear that Elizabeth the 1st Tudor Queen of England and named "The Virgin Queen" (long may she reign) was shagging Francis Bacon and William Shakespeare was their bastard offspring.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Here in Chile most of the younger generation don't even care to learn anything that isn't on TV or important to their everyday life....

I think most of us here at ATS will find this sad because our motto is: Deny Ignorance.

anyway, S+F.

you are right about that one....

Yeh kids are so dumb these dayz - I despair - It would be quicker to train a monkey to do brain surgery than these losers
By the way where is Chile is it a province of China - I always fort it was one of those hot things you put in curry

pmsl!

Wot is that grass eeerrrrr im not eating that

.mommy says it is not grass

it is cabbage

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Yes, Without a doubt there are many forms of intelligence. I guess it's just that being educated about a subject that can wipe out the human race, seems to be more important than whatever field she is in. I say that because I understand exactly what you're saying. So much more than I can probably make you realize. Let me say that it just hits home a bit my friend.
~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

pmsl!

Wot is that grass eeerrrrr im not eating that

.mommy says it is not grass

it is cabbage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lol Yeh - Bet that kid didn't even know cabbage comes from cows
respect
edit on 11-4-2012 by artistpoet because: typo cos i am an imbecile

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

No my friend, The $heople " are getting herded into one place".

That's how they keep the different classes and races of folks turned against eachother and squabbling with one another. They use domestic issues to create a circus side show in order for them to complete their back room Internationalist agenda. It's coming from all angles now. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It's fault of movie industry.
They had to show "BASED ON TRUE STORY"...

Movies = education. We don't see how serious it is. This generation may be the last one, There's nothing but violence. The rest is sex or occult.
Really, little kids soon think that to punch or kick someone in the face is normal and could be funny.
I like comedies with Bud Spencer and T. Hill but kids should not laugh over this behaviour.
edit on 11/4/2012 by PapagiorgioCZ because: KICK!!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PapagiorgioCZ

Most kids not all live by fast food: mcdonalds, burger king, DOUGHNUTS.

addicted to evil occult happy slapping bum fights etc

most have never seen a cooked meal let alone a roast dinner.

"W T F"

MUMS TO BUSY ON SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES TO HAVE TIME TO COOK THE CHILDREN A DINNER.
OOOOH CANNOT MISS VALUBLE NETWORKING TIME ...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
It's not the kids. It's the parents who shirk their responsibility and expect the schools to do their jobs. No kid leaves school dumb unless their parents allow it to happen. The kids don't know any better and the schools sure are not going to parent them.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Yeah I know. What is equally disturbing is how quickly they will throw their own children onto the same device, or an Ipad, Iphone or video game in order for them to be free to watch their filthy desperate housewives cable show or log into their facebook account. = Fall of Family Values. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Yep. It really is the parents most of the time, I have witnessed it myself. So I agree. However in alot of cases, The Parents have done all that they could possibly do. I have equally seen that as well.

I guess some people are just not right in their head. Course, that's no excuse for them. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

tptb have said that you are not allowed to discipline your kids.

kids win on that one.

then parents do not care about anymore as long as there favourite soaps on

zucher berg or whatever is his name is social networking site rubbish

you are no longer allowed to say naughty to a child you have to say no.

dictatorship gone to far i think...

a parental dictatorship where tptb dictate to you about bringing your kids up.

crime on the rise i wonder kids get away with it all because they no you cannot smack them

and they thrive off it..... so government and parents share the blame..in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
That zucker berg or wotever his names called, knew that

people would go on there .

I believe that threats to kill outside of cyberspace and other things
are seen as serious crimes
but facebook there is hardly any laws
wtf is that about..

hail ATS at least hold the rules in place and enforce them etc.

on ATS AT LEAST YOU CAN LEARN SOMETHING INTERESTING .

on face book alot of people spend to much time learning how to

bully

gossip nonsence about sh*te

and i think is the most dumbing down thing ever created for our nations

a great way to boost the chances of broken marriages and all the sins of oneself.

if i was to get hold of that zucher bloke i would @*"*@[]*!!!!!!!!

its like pushing the self destruct button with a trend for evil is on the rise.
notice how people love the violence .

the end soon....

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Juston

You know, people might be willing to learn more if the teachers didn't sound like they took their educational skills from an android with only one vocal pitch.

In order to remove all bias and promote political correctness in the precise image of the government's desires, schools have taken all flavor, personality, humor, and interest out of their curriculum. They have taken the flavor from oatmeal and added salt to it instead.

Maybe, if somehow, education was made FUN...children would listen more. When you were that age, did you pay attention a lot? Were you hooked on the topic? Or did the drone put you to sleep?

Exactly.

Hook them. Grab their attention. Hold it, because they are children; their attention spans are not yet honed, nor will they ever be perfect. Remember whom you are teaching, and remember what it was like to be that age. Remember, and account for it in your lessons.

If the curriculum doesn't allow it, I'm pretty sure the ACT and SAT board members will still be pleased. After all, how can you complain about unorthodox methods when it gets the job done even better?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
For simplicity, I will be generalizing heavily in this post...

I much prefer the Millenial, Mobile and Greatest generations to the Boomers and Gen X.

I have experience working with people from all these generations.

Millenials and Mobiles are much less judgmental than Boomers (or the Blame Generation as I think of them).

Example:
Something goes wrong at work..
Boomer says: Who fu##ed this up??!?
Millenial/Mobile says: How do we fix this?

There is so much information available to people, and the younger generations seem more aware of how much knowledge they do no possess. Because of this, they are less likely to ridicule someone for not possessing a specific bit of knowledge.

Another example I can present is with regards to training.

Boomer: You need to train me on how to complete these tasks.
::Trains Boomer::
Boomer: I'm still not getting it, show me again.
::Repeat Ad Nauseum::

Millenial/Mobile/Greatest/Gen X: You need to train me on how to complete these tasks.
::Trains::
Millenial/Mobile/Greatest/Gen X: OK I understand the basics of it, I will study more at home.

You didn't know Titanic was a real ship that sunk? SO WHAT
edit on 12-4-2012 by JohnnyTHSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

This is not specific to "kids nowadays".

Most people are more interested in the affairs of those around them than history.

We are mostly social creatures, not history nerds.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Ain't the Amerikan publik skool sistem juss grate? I think teachers should be paid more don't you? I now understand why the cost of college is so high...cause they do such a damn fine job teaching, don't you think?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I guess we are all sunk
Popeye would not have allowed this to happen
They said it was unsinkable the height of maritime achievement - I blame those imbecile kids they should be held to account by the highest authority in the land for Titanic's fate
Too busy distracting themselves finding it all so amusing - they are a lost cause
So sad really - They could have been contenders - Made something worthy of their petty life's.
They could have studied hard and been part of our pioneering sciences such as DNA cross species cloning creating wonders that even God would take his hat off to.
They could have been astro scientists chalking equations and stuff on boards stunning the world.about how we are just knots in pieces of weird kinda string. Then make up a fancy name for what tied the knots in the first place.
Or served their country and become peace officers and knocking the stuffing out of those unwashed hippy protesters.
Yes it's sad they could have been contenders - no chance now for them to join the enlightened
No chance now to become a Mason or a Skull and Bones giant amongst men.
Yes I guess like the Titanic we are all sunk

edit on 12-4-2012 by artistpoet because: typo cos i am an imbecile

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz
I cannot think of any reasons why teaching or knowing about the titanic is particularly important or relevant. Why do people need to know about the Titanic? It was just a ship wreck, 100 years ago. A lot of people died. We should learn from history to avoid repeating it... but really, a ship wreck 100 years ago is relevant? Really? Why!? After some deliberation I actually find it bizarre that knowing about a ship wreck that occurred 100 years ago is considered by some to be required knowledge even though it has practically no implications to our life.

Furthermore there are many more modern and relevant historical events that are not taught that actually are relevant. I'm betting most people in this thread do not know about the Banqiao Dam collapse in 1975. 171,000 people died because of a poorly engineered and operated dam which failed, drowning thousands and causing a famine. That makes it as bad as about 19 Chernobyl's. It's amusing that most people who hate nuclear power because of Chernobyl haven't heard of the worlds largest (renewable) energy disaster which was 19 times larger in terms of people killed. Very important event IMHO, and people should know about it.

Actually I'm betting most of the smug smart-asses in this thread who think they are better than everyone else do not know about the Banqiao Dam collapse. Looking down at people for not knowing about the Titanic would be like me looking down on other people for not knowing about the Banqiao Dam collapse, how to design rudimentary state machines, or how to do things like vector calculus. All are more relevant than the freaking Titanic. But I don't. Because I expect that I'll know things that other people don't and they'll know things that I don't. That's life.

Actually the most disturbing part of this thread is that it proves that many members are simply narcissists who think they are smarter than everyone else.
edit on 11/4/12 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

---------------------------------
ATS Tread post, in the year 2112:
---------------------------------
I cannot think of any reasons why teaching or knowing about the United States of America is particularly important or relevant. Why do people need to know about the United States of America? It was just a country, 100 years ago, a lot of people lived in it. We should learn from history to avoid repeating it... but really, a country called The United States of America 100 years ago is relevant? Really? Why!? After some deliberation I actually find it bizarre that knowing about a country that existed 100 years ago is considered by some to be required knowledge even though it has practically no implications to our life.

Furthermore there are many more modern and relevant historical events that are not taught that actually are relevant. I'm betting most people in this thread do not know about the creators of the internet in the 1960s. It didn't always exist, like our young people think nowdays. It's amusing that most people who hate nuclear power because of Japan's Fukushima plant disaster haven't heard of the worlds largest (renewable) energy disaster which was 19 times larger in terms of people killed. Very important event IMHO, and people should know about it.

Actually I'm betting most of the smug smart-asses in this thread who think they are better than everyone else do not know about Japan's Fukushima plant disaster. Looking down at people for not knowing about the United States of America would be like me looking down on other people for not knowing about the creation time of the internet, how to design 5dimensional worm-holes, or how to do things like properly and efficiently use your jet-packs. All are more relevant than the freaking United States of America. But I don't. Because I expect that I'll know things that other people don't and they'll know things that I don't. That's life.

Actually the most disturbing part of this thread is that it proves that many members are simply narcissists who think they are smarter than everyone else.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
'nuf said........
edit on 13/4/2012 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/4/2012 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join