It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restored Faith in America (from an outspoken activist)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
For the last month or so I have been sweating it!!

I am a very outspoken activist and proponent that "The Establishment" is stealing from us, yada, yada - u all know what I mean. My picture has been in public media outlets concerning the Occupy protests, I contact my Representatives (and so-called Reps), I write and spread things on facebook about all manner of media problems, new laws, and all sorts of anti-establishment, End the Fed, vote Ron Paul "stuff".

So why have I been "sweating it"?

I had to go through numerous, redundant BACKGROUND CHECKS for a new job.

Why the restored faith?

I am happy to say that I got officially hired this morning, having passed all FBI, CIA, TSA, (credit checks
) etc, etc background checks!

granted, I really haven't done anything "wrong" and don't get arrested, etc but the overall mindset with the new laws we're seeing lately has made me a little uneasy (knowing the power of the U.S. Government now). So I guess I'm an enemy of the Establishment but thankfully because I have no official public record of my beliefs I am able to have a job like any normal non-conspiracist person out there!

(It's a job in the airlines at a major US airport)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
For the last month or so I have been sweating it!!

Don't get too excited just yet..perhaps you are being set up to be the patsy in the next big "terrorist" attack?

You said a major airline right?

Peace
edit on Tue Apr 10 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by spav5

I'm not that bad!
just someone who exercises his right to free speech. No one would ever buy me as "the bad guy"... I did visit a mosque once though... hmm

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I had to go through numerous, redundant BACKGROUND CHECKS for a new job.
Why the restored faith?
I am happy to say that I got officially hired this morning, having passed all FBI, CIA, TSA, (credit checks ) etc, etc background checks!

I am happy for ya that you found a job but... I don't find my joy in all the changes one has to go through to get a job anymore.

In some instances, drug testing makes sense because in the more dangerous industries, you don't want someone stoned to the gills working around you. But the credit check thing? Heck, I'd pencil in that I just want a job, not to marry the CEO's daughter!

After that, what I think and say in my heart and mind and on the web, is my own affair, not my employer's. If they want to 'own' someone, they need to get a time machine and return to the days of slavery.

The corporate has been given too much power over 'We the People' and the government that We the People elected, are the ones sitting around and rubberstamping the take-down of our liberties.

But... that being said? Again, happy for ya that you found work! Best of luck

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This really shows you how superficial the cries of the OWS crowd really are. "Income inequality!! we are the 99%!!! blah blah blah- Nevermind i gots a job with a major corporation, i think the country is getting better!"

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Why the restored faith?

I am happy to say that I got officially hired this morning, having passed all FBI, CIA, TSA, (credit checks ) etc, etc background checks!

Happy you got a job...

With that said, how does getting a job restore your faith..? Did all the other issues you had with the system get fixed by getting this job..? If so, well done...

If not, I'd say you're just riding high on the moment, and you should be, but come now - nothing you are against has changed, other than affecting employment statistics...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

My restored faith is because although numerous laws including NDAA and the various laws passed during the H1N1 scam make it LEGAL for our government to arrest me for life without cause, I can still exercise my First Amendment (human) rights to say what I want to without major repercussion.

America is to the point where we should be scared about such things... I'm happy my free speech hasn't taken away my ability to pass background checks.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

I agree with you though; nothing has changed and we are in dire straights!

My "restored faith" is that things aren't as bad (yet) as I thought maybe they were.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Congrats on your job.

Funny that you feel about getting your job, the same way I feel about going on vacation.

My first time flying to my destination instead of driving. I was kind of waiting to see just how closely we are monitored through our web interactions and see if it maked my journey more difficult. Or see if I'm singled out by security.

I doubt an eventless journey would restore my faith in this country, but I do understand your point.

Congrats again.

top topics

join