It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voodoo Witches Cauldron

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
This what SALsolorio had to say...What I first thought to be an old paint can turned out to be an old iron cauldron. I had seen the rusty lip sticking out of the ground several times before but today I thought I'd pick it up and throw it in a garbage can and clean up the neighborhood. When I pull it up out of the earth I realized it was a pot. I thought cool I will make it a planter. Took it home and preceded to wash it. The contents were strange hairlike fibers and bird bones. He had found a voodoo witches cauldron in his neighborhood then threw it away..

These cauldrons were used for blood sacrifice sometimes a chicken or even human blood and bones..I understand these pots were used for good and evil spells..But i have to wonder about this one being buried i don't think i would have just thrown this cauldron away..What would you have done with this if you found it? I know after i starting cleaning it up and realized what it was i would have taken it right back were i found it and reburied it if it was used for evil i sure wouldn't want that following me around to me it was buried for a reason..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I think I would have returned it to its resting place just to be on the safe side.

This is very similar to an incident that occurred in my life when I was in the second grade. We had just moved to a new house, a very shoddy, run-down stucco piece of crap (as happens when financial situations change) and the landlady told us to not dig up the garden area in the back because the old lady that lived there before us was a "bruja".

I personally never went near the area, but my older brother and one of his friends dug around a bit and said they found sticks tied together in weird shapes with string, as well as a few small bones.

The truly weird thing was this: all throughout the house were crosses and crucifixes. Over the doors, inside the pantries and, believe it or not, carved on the underside of the toilet seat.

Luckily, we only lived there for a year and half or so before moving into an inherited house. Not that this one doesn't have its fair share of creepy history.

Crucified pet monkeys, the ghost of a goat. Guess I'm just doomed to be eternally surrounded by this kind of stuff. Sorry for the blog-like tangents.

Anyway, things that are buried should be left buried, lest you mess with something you have no grasp of and end up being followed around by some kind of evil.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrypticCryptid
I think I would have returned it to its resting place just to be on the safe side.

This is very similar to an incident that occurred in my life when I was in the second grade. We had just moved to a new house, a very shoddy, run-down stucco piece of crap (as happens when financial situations change) and the landlady told us to not dig up the garden area in the back because the old lady that lived there before us was a "bruja".

I personally never went near the area, but my older brother and one of his friends dug around a bit and said they found sticks tied together in weird shapes with string, as well as a few small bones.

The truly weird thing was this: all throughout the house were crosses and crucifixes. Over the doors, inside the pantries and, believe it or not, carved on the underside of the toilet seat.

Luckily, we only lived there for a year and half or so before moving into an inherited house. Not that this one doesn't have its fair share of creepy history.

Crucified pet monkeys, the ghost of a goat. Guess I'm just doomed to be eternally surrounded by this kind of stuff. Sorry for the blog-like tangents.

Anyway, things that are buried should be left buried, lest you mess with something you have no grasp of and end up being followed around by some kind of evil.

CrypticCryptid
I agree with you it should have been put back to its resting place and left alone you never know with those kind of things what kind of weird rituals were done with it id be afraid it was hexed and it would all come back on me for disturbing this pot..
Your brother and his friend were a brave souls for digging around in that garden i would have avoided it and stayed far away..
And living in that house you were in a year and half would have freaked me out with all the crosses and crucifixes that would have told me something evil was lurking and that was to ward it all off..thanks for posting ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Honestly, I think they were more foolish than brave.

As far as something evil being in the house, I never really thought of it that way. I never felt threatened or scared (save for normal child-like fears) and nothing particularly spooky ever happened.

One thing my mother always told me about things like voodoo, is that it can only affect it if you believe in it. Like if you allow it to affect you. That may just be wishful thinking though.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

It's just an old a cooking pot. When my old skillet wore out, I just threw it away. It didn't require an exorcism and burial in consecrated ground.

Chicken soup only comes back to haunt you if you don't cook it properly.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Hi Sugarcookie....I just wanted to correct a few things about voodoo (vodou). Being from New Orleans, I have been exposed to it more than many people might. So, I thought I would correct some misconceptions (no, I don't practice it, but I have known some who do) Hollywood has totally distorted this religion. The reason the other posters found crosses in that house is because when the Haitian slaves were brought here, they incorporated Catholicism into it.

1. It is not an evil black magic cult (That would be hoodoo, which is practicing majik and NOT Voodoo....2 completely different things.

2. The sacrifice of animals does happen, however, the animal is cooked and eaten afterwards...not just random killing. The bones could have been buried in the pot as a "thankyou" to the spirit for providing food.

Here's some more reading on it. Don't worry,it's NOT an evil religion (that's just a racist spin hollywood put on it because it is misunderstood)....you won't have anything bad happen to you.

altreligion.about.com...

community.beliefnet.com...

edit on 4/10/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

My cauldron doubles as an incense burner and a reflecting pool. I suppose, if faced with starvation, I'd be able to cook a bird in it.

Or... the guy might have just found a cooking pot.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Dont know much about voodoo but I
think Stealthy put it all into perspective.
Maybe someone was playing at it, however
if you come across a caldron with these contents
you might want to leave it be.
In the poison'd entrails throw.—
Toad, that under cold stone,
Days and nights has thirty-one;
Swelter'd venom sleeping got,
Boil thou first i' the charmed pot!
ALL. Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and caldron bubble.
2 WITCH. Fillet of a fenny snake,
In the caldron boil and bake;
Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing,—
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.
3 WITCH. Scale of dragon; tooth of wolf;
Witches' mummy; maw and gulf
Of the ravin'd salt-sea shark;
Root of hemlock digg'd i the dark;
Liver of blaspheming Jew;
Gall of goat, and slips of yew
Sliver'd in the moon's eclipse;
Nose of Turk, and Tartar's lips;
Finger of birth-strangled babe
Ditch-deliver'd by a drab,—
Make the gruel thick and slab:
Add thereto a tiger's chaudron,
For the ingrediants of our caldron.
2 WITCH. Cool it with a baboon's blood,
Then the charm is firm and good.

From Macbeth by Willy Shakespeare

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 43LEO729

HeHe....yeah....that would be something different!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Grow a chilli plant in it..
Make your own sauce.
Call it voodoo chilli death sauce of awesomeness or something..
Sell it on ebay..
Profit.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FanarFanar

It's just an old a cooking pot. When my old skillet wore out, I just threw it away. It didn't require an exorcism and burial in consecrated ground.

Chicken soup only comes back to haunt you if you don't cook it properly.

I don't think that pot was used for chicken soup what was found in the pot was strange hairlike fibers and bird bones ..And most people don't bury there pots either they put them in the trash can..thanks for posting..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
Hi Sugarcookie....I just wanted to correct a few things about voodoo (vodou). Being from New Orleans, I have been exposed to it more than many people might. So, I thought I would correct some misconceptions (no, I don't practice it, but I have known some who do) Hollywood has totally distorted this religion. The reason the other posters found crosses in that house is because when the Haitian slaves were brought here, they incorporated Catholicism into it.

1. It is not an evil black magic cult (That would be hoodoo, which is practicing majik and NOT Voodoo....2 completely different things.

2. The sacrifice of animals does happen, however, the animal is cooked and eaten afterwards...not just random killing. The bones could have been buried in the pot as a "thankyou" to the spirit for providing food.

Here's some more reading on it. Don't worry,it's NOT an evil religion (that's just a racist spin hollywood put on it because it is misunderstood)....you won't have anything bad happen to you.

altreligion.about.com...

community.beliefnet.com...

StealthyKat
Thanks for posting and the links and video your probley right on this maybe ive been watching to many Hollywood movies... Plus i saw a show on TV not to long ago were some people got an old cauldron into there shop and the top of the pot had been sealed with cement they had the pot xrayed and it showed all kinds of weird stuff inside ..They took it to a voodoo lady and she told then to give it back to who ever gave it to them it was evil and that evil will follow them and they did give the cauldron back to the owner i don't know what he did with it ..But i saw that video and i went oh take it back and bury it there was a reason it was in the ground plus it looked very old..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 43LEO729
Dont know much about voodoo but I
think Stealthy put it all into perspective.
Maybe someone was playing at it, however
if you come across a caldron with these contents
you might want to leave it be.
In the poison'd entrails throw.—
Toad, that under cold stone,
Days and nights has thirty-one;
Swelter'd venom sleeping got,
Boil thou first i' the charmed pot!
2 WITCH. Fillet of a fenny snake,
In the caldron boil and bake;
Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing,—
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.
3 WITCH. Scale of dragon; tooth of wolf;
Witches' mummy; maw and gulf
Of the ravin'd salt-sea shark;
Root of hemlock digg'd i the dark;
Liver of blaspheming Jew;
Gall of goat, and slips of yew
Sliver'd in the moon's eclipse;
Nose of Turk, and Tartar's lips;
Ditch-deliver'd by a drab,—
Make the gruel thick and slab:
Add thereto a tiger's chaudron,
For the ingrediants of our caldron.
2 WITCH. Cool it with a baboon's blood,
Then the charm is firm and good.

From Macbeth by Willy Shakespeare

Hi Leo !
I didn't even want to read what you wrote that was bizarre i know its a witches spell ..But i have to wonder how they find all that stuff to stick in there cauldron to cast all these spells..
Wool of bat
blind-worm's sting
Scale of dragon
Liver of blaspheming Jew
Nose of Turk, and Tartar's lips
Cool it with a baboon's blood

Those are not things people have in there kitchen
Plus i didnt know bats had wool

Thanks for comeing in to post..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

My cauldron doubles as an incense burner and a reflecting pool. I suppose, if faced with starvation, I'd be able to cook a bird in it.

Cuervo
I have to ask is your cauldron something you bought? Is it old? And what happens when you use it for a reflecting pool what do you see when you do this ? That sounds interesting to me..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Grow a chilli plant in it..
Make your own sauce.
Call it voodoo chilli death sauce of awesomeness or something..
Sell it on ebay..
Profit.

Suspiria
lol i love your humor
voodoo chili death sauce of awesomeness i just bet people would buy that sauce
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

Originally posted by Cuervo

Cuervo
I have to ask is your cauldron something you bought? Is it old? And what happens when you use it for a reflecting pool what do you see when you do this ? That sounds interesting to me..peace,sugarcookie1

It's one I purchased actually. The reflecting pool aspect of it is pretty effective. It's solid cast-iron and very black so the water acts as a decent iridescent mirror. The images I get while in candle light or normally behind me and often irrelevant to what I'm trying to divine so I normally use it only if other methods fail me or if I just feel like I need ideas. Also, since it doubles as an incense burner, the ashes give it a nice viscosity.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

She probably recognized it as "Hoodoo"....I don't believe in all that though...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Hoodoo?
Youdoo
Voodoo?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 43LEO729

Google it.....oh and we already have Voodoo Hot Sauce BTW!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I googled it like you said. Got some pretty potent stuff there,
wouldn't want to knock the top off one of those near an open flame.

Yoo don bee a Mamma Loi is ya?
You Bi yoo Bells are nothing to mess with

[yvid]/youtu.be/[/yvid

oops. new at this stuff
youtu.be...
edit on 12-4-2012 by 43LEO729 because: tried to put on a vid. bummer

top topics

<<   2 >>

join