It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question about Christians and forgiveness.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by SisyphusRide

God doesn't change. Premarital sex isn't love, it's worrying more about your own orgasm than making sure your future wife remains pure before the Lord in holiness.

wow how about telling the ladies that?

Like I did to my girlfriend of 3 1/2 years when I got saved and told her we either had to get married or break up and she dumped me?

the old system is a failure... imo, there is nothing like the bliss of making love.

You can't pick Jesus' Lordship over the bliss of an orgasm. He's better than that. And who are you preaching to friend? When I was unsaved I stopped counting my conquests at 100.

to bad now that we're not teenagers anymore a good heart just isn't enough.

I'm 35. I can quote you scripture after scripture calling us to stop fornicating, can you quote me 3 that say it's alright as a son or daughter of the Most High God?

I've had married women and an arranged woman tell me she loved me... but I guess someone lost the definition?

They are confused what the difference between love and lust is. Love puts the other person first, love for God puts Him first. Not first on a list of 3, but first on a list of 1.

India has been having a mass christian awakening too over the past couple decades, they believe in love.

I BELIEVE in love, I know what the definition of it is. Fornicating with women or men you're not married to for a Christian isn't love.

If you're not saved, and Christ isn't your Lord and Savior then you have much bigger issues than fornication. If you are saved by His blood then stop trampling on it and using your freedom in Christ as a license to sin.

Repent.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I don't care about the religion of the moon god, and Jesus didn't teach premarital sex was okay. That's called fornication. He not only forgave the sins of the woman caught fornicating, He told her to go and "sin no more."

Jesus was no moon god.. he said screw you to everybody's antiquated system of control.

I didn't say He was, you brought up Islam as some sort of example. Islam worships the moon god. Look at the top of their mosques.

I believe all women have the right to choose and should not be stoned or marred or condemned by her family if she finds love in the man she desires.

Yeah, they should, never said a woman shouldn't pick who she marries. This is about pre-marital sex.

myself I am a hard to tame... it'll probably take a heart similar to mine to do that.

Jesus isn't enough? He gave everything for you, you could do the same in return brother.

edit on 10-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

well my friend this is where we may disagree... I think Jesus would see no wrong in making love and not war.

someone else told you that because they want a piece of your action! and that's why individuals feel guilty when they share their love to someone else. (it has caused so much pain and suffering over time)

Jesus was a just and true man... some cults like paganism I think it formed sex cults like on that movie Da Vinci code.

I don't think Jesus would have a problem with a husband and wife spicing up their love life or being greedy with their love in anyway. That is the system he was trying to get you away from, but it is so imprinted in the psyche its a bit hard to shake. I now don't think Jesus would have a problem with homosexuals either as long as they were just and true like him and respected life. btw... Jesus didn't marry, but he did have a lady friend.

if you want to feel guilty everytime you make love and not war then so be it...somewhere along the way someone was trying to control your gene pool and in every respect a racist and judgmental act. No matter how you look at it because we have not been allowed to enjoy the natural order of things it has given rise to all this hate and racism and war.

Jesus would condone making love I am sure of it... Love is truth in every respect.
edit on 10-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

everybody is supposed to be loving everybody possibly and with no jealousy factors involved in my opinion... before we could write and document history I am sure this would have been the way it was, like a bunch of bunny rabbits just breeding and loving.

we're gonna get back to that eventually I just know it, I have interacted with many races being here in DC and I feel or felt absolutely no shame in doing so because that is what is love.

Locale plays a big role in this I think? Alls good as long as they don't start using some other law system here or adopting some others racist views and infecting humanity further still.

Sharia is being practiced in our courtrooms which is blasphemy in every respect. There can be no coexistence with the law! when you become an American you lose and dissolve your ties with your old nation and become an American.

If some do not want to adopt our laws but come to instate new ones what does that tell you?

ever play age of empires game? the best way to conquer your rival is to build religious institutions and convert the others power players in the small armies you have.

don't be fooled, England already has I think 5 or 7 Sharia courts established on Christendom ground... all is lost for them, the wave is here and our people do not know what is in front of their face.

poor France

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

well my friend this is where we may disagree... I think Jesus would see no wrong in making love and not war.

Are you saved by the blood of the Lamb? I thought you was a Christian, did I get the wrong impression from your posts? If I did, please forgive me. If you're not a Christian then you can do what you want to, He's not your Lord.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I am a follower and a believer in Jesus, I would try to walk his way but my good deeds would be filthy in his presence.

I think Jesus was man and a ultra liberal which is correct in every sense... I also believe Jesus was God and is powerful in his might and judgement, also he is very right handed and conservative.

one has to be flexible in their understanding and I guess this can be looked at in three different ways? I also believe (his innocence is absolute, he is without crime, without guile, without jealousy) I read that somewhere.

Judging others is for the local and federal institutions to do at the body. One can't be the judge of how others live their lives on an individual basis and I understand that now. This is why the federal institution is separate from the church establishments

when it comes to my way of life and protection for the individuals in the garden then I would say... Kill em All! and let God sort them out!!

there has to be an injunction somewhere... I turn the other cheek on an individual basis, but when it comes to the philosophy that's a whole different story.

this is hard to explain but if we had a nation of make love not war hippies up in the office and controlling our military you most likely would be speaking something different right now.

it's difficult to be in three mindsets at once, but recognition of each godhead is something entirely different.

on one level I have zero mercy for injustice and only want truth, it is not my place to judge sinners... that's a big problem in the world (telling others how to live within this multicultural and diverse nation)

as soon as one of those Sharia courthouses pop up on my land you better bet your butt I will have...

someone has to make the garden frolicable btw... maybe that's why the founders didn't want a religious establishment involved with the nations practices? you guys sort that out on a public level.

...Level 2

edit on 10-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I am a follower and a believer in Jesus, I would try to walk his way but my good deeds would be filthy in his presence.

You're completely missing the point of that. All OUR own works are filthy rags, not the ones He told us to do. Those are our reasonable service. You cannot have Jesus just as your Savior and reject Him as your Lord. If He doesn't have all of you then that's idolatry. You are still on the throne in your heart. You cannot serve two masters at the same time.

I know this next topic is going to be a very sensitive one for many single Christian men and women. Due to the laxness of our society, and no one wanting any kind of God or moral absolutes telling them what they can and cannot do in this life, we have many people, including many Christians, who are engaging in the sin of fornication.

If there is one sin that many people do not want to give up in this day and age because of the extreme sexual and physical pleasure that it brings along with it, it has to be the sin of fornication.

The Sin of Fornication.

Brother, You can't reject Him as Lord, and just saying it without doing it means nothing. For He knows what's really on our heart, not the words we say.

edit on 10-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

what's in my heart is the greater good... you guys work the judging thing out on the public level.

and it would be nice if all the good Christians would be out front of these courthouses when they decide to use sharia law in your nation!

tell them to put the ten commandments back in that one courtroom too while you're at it.

I'm covered in blood on the international level bro... on a state level I'll be the lamb.

www.thenewamerican.com...

www.tampabay.com...

heads will be rolling if you guys don't wake up... no one whose come here before has tried to institute their own laws... they are to fall under Christendoms established law and Liberty's justice.

they slam their women btw and that is never going to be ok in my country! nor is marrying 12 year old girls and having multiple wives. I guess the establishment goers are going to gloss over the honor killings that are already taking place in your country too?

man where do you live?

edit on 11-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Christianity is not only serving in strict accordance it is western civilization as you know it...

your language you choose to write and possibly speak in is ancient and evolving.

Obviously I shouldn't have bought that Crusader edition bible

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
trying to rise some awareness about the dark side of the force here...

you can marry a woman for as many day as you want to use her, you just have to go thru an Imam...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Christ said to make righteous judgments, and we aren't supposed to judge the world, they aren't saved. That's why I made sure you said you were saved first. We are to confront a brother or sister in Christ who is living in sin.

Do a word study on "fornication" and tell me if it's allowed or not allowed. And ask yourself is you're doing what He said or not. Sure, He forgave sins, but His next command was "now go and sin no more." That wasn't a pastoral suggestion. If you don't want to give up your sin that means He isn't your Lord in practice, only in speech.

That's a serious situation brother, trying to help you in love.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Christianity is not only serving in strict accordance it is western civilization as you know it...

You don't make the rules, Jesus does, He is Lord is He not?

your language you choose to write and possibly speak in is ancient and evolving.

The NT is in Koine (common) Greek. It's not changing. And He is the God who was, who is, and who is to come. He also said "I change not."

Obviously I shouldn't have bought that Crusader edition bible

The Jesus is not Lord version? (JINLV)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I will trust in my federal institution and our fighting men and women in the armed services to take care of business then... just don't go protesting and spitting on the troops when they do.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

things I see are not pleasing to the sight of my God...

sorry, you just don't seem to be big on women's rights I guess? maybe that's why when you gave your ultimatum you were declined...

America is all about liberty for women... I believe in that because they practice this Islam law crap here! I lost my second chance at love because it was forbidden and I have worked with and for these types for around 20yrs now.

if it is glorious to die in a jihad I would choose to die for the 'just' crusade

I'm no coward armed with Jesus' truth...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

I will trust in my federal institution and our fighting men and women in the armed services to take care of business then... just don't go protesting and spitting on the troops when they do.

I'm a veteran.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

I have no idea what you're talking about. Make a new thread about Islam. How is refraining from sex for holiness sake because He said to do so have anything to do with women's rights? It's doing what He said. He said keep it in your pants until you are married, why is that up for debate as a Christian?

That's why I asked if you were a Christian, if you were not then you're not obligated to follow Him, since you are He is your Lord, not just your Savior. He didn't save you from your sins so you could turn around and start licking them back up again brother.

I don't care that my ex left, if it came down to picking her vagina over Jesus I pick Jesus every time. Her vagina didn't die for me, Jesus Christ did.

edit on 11-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

that's cool... some people have just learned by now how to recognize a dominant tone or posture in others, regardless if we believe in the same thing.

you see I'slam is breeding about 4-1/2 new souls per woman that are programmed to hate you... whilst the Catholic Church still has you on this kick about abstaining from making babies. They are planning to rule via sheer numbers alone, you will be out bred.

smells like a conspiracy to me? Jesus condoned love and babies that can be baptized unto him.

go along now have fun children... no worries about NT's antiquated practices, save that for when ya don't function no mo

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I have no idea what you're talking about. Make a new thread about Islam. How is refraining from sex for holiness sake because He said to do so have anything to do with women's rights? It's doing what He said. He said keep it in your pants until you are married, why is that up for debate as a Christian?

That's why I asked if you were a Christian, if you were not then you're not obligated to follow Him, since you are He is your Lord, not just your Savior. He didn't save you from your sins so you could turn around and start licking them back up again brother.

I don't care that my ex left, if it came down to picking her vagina over Jesus I pick Jesus every time. Her vagina didn't die for me, Jesus Christ did.

I am an American, I practice Americanism and Heavy Metal... I believe in Jesus and God.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
ahem...

(Hebrews 4:12)

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

"the word of God is alive and active" the Living Word is the type of church I think I will seek out...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Okay, well I don't think the apostle Paul wrote that verse so you could have a free pass to invent doctrine. Jesus is the Living Word, the Word made flesh. And even Muslims believe in Jesus and God, they call Him Isa and God allah.

But they refuse to acknowledge Jesus as Lord.

edit on 11-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join