It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

A question about Christians and forgiveness.

page: 2
1
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 


Star for you!

Now, if only you can explain that to my devout father-in-law who has outcasted his own daughter because she married an atheist (in the broadest sense). He refuses to talk to me and my family because I'm no longer a Christian; or "never was" depending on who you ask.

Lead by example is something Christians should do. It's hard to go back to something with such hypocrital members in the midsts.
edit on 10-4-2012 by novastrike81 because: (no reason given)




posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 


Star for you!

Now, if only you can explain that to my devout father-in-law who has outcasted his own daughter because she married an atheist (in the broadest sense). He refuses to talk to me and my family because I'm no longer a Christian; or "never was" depending on who you ask.

Lead by example is something Christians should do. It's hard to go back to something with such hypocrital members in the midsts.


It shouldn't be a marvel to you that the spirit of religion didn't die with the last Pharisee. Those are tares, they are wolves dressed as sheep. Concern yourself not with what they teach or look like. They look like white washed tombs on the outside, but are filled with dead men's bones on the inside. Don't look at how they act, what comes out of the heart of a man tells you what's inside him.



posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 


I think after you are married you should not commit adultery... but playing the field here where I grew up (America) is the quest for true love and how it should be, free for each individual to choose and find this spiritual union.

I slam's women and Jewish women are subject to a different kind of control where the family decides, which seems antiquated and dated considering.


Because everyone else is doing it won't fly before the throne of Christ as an excuse. We're called to holiness.



posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by EnochWasRight
 


Rofl. Dude, this made me think of secular folk because this is exactly what happens. Then they take a verse out of the bible and twist it to their own ends whoring for stars.

Matthew 7:6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

You take the time to make a great post with all types of evidence and then you get a driveby trolling:

"Cool story brah,
"


Right??

Single verse theology is absurd.

I can quote two verses that if a person follows them will lead to alcoholism.


edit on 10-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


who would have known growing up blue collar in this fabulous and free country? I thought I was looking for a wife... which in itself does not regulate population growth of said free souls.

I am not sure but I don't think the bible bans sex before the matrimony...

I will have to look into it, I am getting ready to hit some of the text but we are already working on the next generation.

America stands apart from the old world but we still believe in God, imagine that... because our females would be total slaves right now like in I slam my woman's culture.




posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


you know in I'slam the woman is half that of the man and if you don't believe in that you are a coward/kafir. They have whatever rights are allotted to them by their husband, and you don't want to be unmarried either.

sites.google.com...

I grew up with no connections to this stuff, totally free.. but I still found truth in Jesus.


edit on 10-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide
 





I slam's women and Jewish women are subject to a different kind of control where the family decides, which seems antiquated and dated considering.


Well to us it seems that way, but if you delve way back into Genesis, the father has always had a hand in who the son/daughter marries.



posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide
 


God doesn't change. Premarital sex isn't love, it's worrying more about your own orgasm than making sure your future wife remains pure before the Lord in holiness.



posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


you know in I'slam the woman is half that of the man and if you don't believe in that you are a coward/kafir. They have whatever rights are allotted to them by their husband, and you don't want to be unmarried either.

sites.google.com...

I grew up with no connections to this stuff, totally free.. but I still found truth in Jesus.



I don't care about the religion of the moon god, and Jesus didn't teach premarital sex was okay. That's called fornication. He not only forgave the sins of the woman caught fornicating, He told her to go and "sin no more."



posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 


Star for you!

Now, if only you can explain that to my devout father-in-law who has outcasted his own daughter because she married an atheist (in the broadest sense). He refuses to talk to me and my family because I'm no longer a Christian; or "never was" depending on who you ask.

Lead by example is something Christians should do. It's hard to go back to something with such hypocrital members in the midsts.
edit on 10-4-2012 by novastrike81 because: (no reason given)


Forgiveness is a 2 way street. Even if he wrongly persecutes you, forgive him instead. Sometimes a secular person can be more of a christian than a supposed christian is. Watch for those pharisees. Sometimes people get so wrapped up in their religions they actually forget to practice their mandates and commandments. We're supposed to worry about what we as individuals are doing, not necessarily paying attention what our neighbors are doing. Mercy and forgiveness is what christianity has always been about, maybe your father in law needs to be reminded of that.



posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Well to us it seems that way, but if you delve way back into Genesis, the father has always had a hand in who the son/daughter marries.

that's fine... my father is in heaven.

which religion do you follow wolf?



posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by SisyphusRide
 


God doesn't change. Premarital sex isn't love, it's worrying more about your own orgasm than making sure your future wife remains pure before the Lord in holiness.


wow how about telling the ladies that?

the old system is a failure... imo, there is nothing like the bliss of making love.

to bad now that we're not teenagers anymore a good heart just isn't enough.

I've had married women and an arranged woman tell me she loved me... but I guess someone lost the definition?

India has been having a mass christian awakening too over the past couple decades, they believe in love.



posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
I don't care about the religion of the moon god, and Jesus didn't teach premarital sex was okay. That's called fornication. He not only forgave the sins of the woman caught fornicating, He told her to go and "sin no more."

Jesus was no moon god.. he said screw you to everybody's antiquated system of control.

I believe all women have the right to choose and should not be stoned or marred or condemned by her family if she finds love in the man she desires.

myself I am a hard to tame... it'll probably take a heart similar to mine to do that.



posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide
 


I believe Jesus said "be wary of strange women, for their legs lead straight down to hell", or something of the like. it popped in off the top of my head and i have to go to work so no time to look that up but its in the bible somewhere
.

If i knew when i 19 what i know now, i'd have said to hell with women and never looked back and saved myself alot of misery and grief. I understand Paul's poistion on celibacy and if i had it to do over, i'd turn my back on women and jus be celibate because sex is really not worth the heartache they will cause you.



posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Well to us it seems that way, but if you delve way back into Genesis, the father has always had a hand in who the son/daughter marries.

that's fine... my father is in heaven.

which religion do you follow wolf?


I don't have a religion. In fact, when my church has Easter, if i see even one easter bunny in the church i will walk out and i rarely do communion. Been baptized once as pentecostal, last time as missionary baptist but i consider myself nondenominational. I believe in my King and my God and it is enough for me. I do go to church but i have a problem with some songs, our praise team leads and we have screens we see the words on, but alot of songs i hear too much emphasis on "the cross" and not enough on "the KING" and it urks me. I believe very much in saying YHWH's name and not just calling him the title LORD and singing to his name and not his title.

Say his name, scream it from the rooftops if you have to but say his name!



posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by SisyphusRide
 


I believe Jesus said "be wary of strange women, for their legs lead straight down to hell", or something of the like. it popped in off the top of my head and i have to go to work so no time to look that up but its in the bible somewhere

now that's heavy! I didn't read that
we've established rights for women in America.


If i knew when i 19 what i know now, i'd have said to hell with women and never looked back and saved myself alot of misery and grief. I understand Paul's poistion on celibacy and if i had it to do over, i'd turn my back on women and jus be celibate because sex is really not worth the heartache they will cause you.

sex is the nature of our being.. there is no denying it or avoiding it.

I've loved them all and still do... I have never had per-marital love without enjoying love if for that brief moment in time. Men have needs brother and most that I know of are not gay.

women have needs too that's why they brake the false bond and lie to me because they desire me.

I have stared asking everyone now if they are married and am totally suspicious of one who was married and is throwing out that 'love' card... does she know what it is?


edit on 10-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 


that's great... if you believe in Jesus then you should defend Mary and any other woman who is in need... even with some spiritual healing if need be, it's been called upon me a few times.

there is no way a married couple in this day and age, even in a christian church who are not going to have fun in the sack with eachother and just keep it missionary.

I am still searching for love... those who got it, got it... and that is up to them at that point when they can not have that kinda fun anymore.

I am still quite active and do not consider it a sin to give love where it is needed or to search for it...

sorry to any gays reading this, it doesn't apply to you



edit on 10-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

edit on 10-4-2012 by apushforenlightment because: Removing post since it will only be the same discussion all over about Christian duality scripture vs Gays



posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Forgiveness is a 2 way street. Even if he wrongly persecutes you, forgive him instead. Sometimes a secular person can be more of a christian than a supposed christian is. Watch for those pharisees. Sometimes people get so wrapped up in their religions they actually forget to practice their mandates and commandments. We're supposed to worry about what we as individuals are doing, not necessarily paying attention what our neighbors are doing. Mercy and forgiveness is what christianity has always been about, maybe your father in law needs to be reminded of that.


I'm not upset anymore, I value a strong family connection. It's hard to talk to someone when they've blocked all forms of communication. I think it's rather childish behavior. Then again, this is coming from the guy who said he'd rather die then let someone save his life that wasn't a Christian.



posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
America needs Christian Women... I just told someone that in a christian girls school over in the UK, it was a friend of a friends request on the FB.




God is love, I have given the great O'siris and the blessed hallelujah consistently when called upon. specially over the last decade... it doesn't buy you love though, money does... I'm just here to fix the gaps and leaks in those supposed relationships based on love.

God has taken the form of money obviously in this day and age, and we probably shouldn't even marry in a church...

I rather like being the Chaff



edit on 10-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
1
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join