It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Fructose Corn Syrup is killing all of us

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I was facinated with the commercial with the guy laying on the grass, each time it switched to the lady, not only did the color of the popscicle change from orange to red, but it was in a different hand, did I miss the message?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I am very careful about this in my house ever since I read it was linked to juvenile diabetes

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Eat nutritionallly dense whole foods.........drink only water.

The body was never designed to consume what is considered processed and/or refined foods.........or any fluids containing calories (except milk during infancy)

fast food, junk food, snacks, comfort food.........its all substitutions for what you body demands....nurtritionally dense fiber rich whole foods.....

...empty calories that are designed to addict you to them and in the process destroy your health..........

and moderation does not work...............

Ask an alocholic how moderation in drinking works for them..........

If you eat food eningeered to keep you addicted to it you must break the addiction completely........or you will always crave it..............

A responsible diet coupled with an intelligent application of exercise that increases lean muscle mass is the only way to increase your odds of having a high quality of life as you get older.......

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Wanted to say I just finished watching the video and it was awesome. Appreciate you sharing it, I'm sending it around to people I know as well. Very well done. Good stuff.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Check this out. 5 days ago Harvard linked bee "colony collapse disorder" to HFCS

Harvard - Colony Collapse Disorder and HFCS

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It's not killing me, I don't ingest it. I also avoid grains and dairy products, those things are also horrible for the body.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Here's one of many threads on this subject.
edit on 8-4-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

this video is so racist!!! why does the black lady need to be the uneducated one???????

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
People are going to eat and poison their body's with all of this non natural **** no matter how much info we put out their saying not to do so so it's kind of a waste of energy.
edit on 10-4-2012 by Intelligence101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by holywar666

For the past few months my wife and i have gone to an organic diet and the only source of sugar we consume is honey. while i think it's the best route to take i don't think it should be regulated by the government, in fact i don't think anything we choose to consume should be regulated by the government. i'm not sure if you agree, but i think that should be a basic freedom.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
HFCS is one damned slow-acting poison, apparently. It has been in my diet for at least 35 years.

If TPTB want us dead, they should switch to a different poison. I would recommend cyanide, it is a lot faster.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

It's not about 'poisoning' you in a manner to kill you fast. It's about greedy corporations finding faster, cheaper ways to sweeten food using products your body was not designed to ingest, without any regard for the consequences. The toxic effects of eating what your body wasn't designed to eat do take many years to come to a head. My guess, is that you likely suffer from at least one inflammatory condition, such as arthritis, asthma, allergies, etc. Inflammatory, acidic conditions in the body make it ripe for cancers to develop. Look up "diseases of affluence".
edit on 10-4-2012 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

It's not about 'poisoning' you in a manner to kill you fast. It's about greedy corporations finding faster, cheaper ways to sweeten food using products your body was not designed to ingest, without any regard for the consequences. The toxic effects of eating what your body wasn't designed to eat do take many years to come to a head. My guess, is that you likely suffer from at least one inflammatory condition, such as arthritis, asthma, allergies, etc. Inflammatory, acidic conditions in the body make it ripe for cancers to develop. Look up "diseases of affluence".
edit on 10-4-2012 by 27jd because: (no reason given)
In that case, there is a mighty long list of things that are 'killing' us (albeit slowly), like the very water that we drink. Insecticides, artificial flavorings, colorings, preservatives..... sorry, but blah, blah, blah.
The pesticides keep us alive a lot more than they kill us. The same thing goes for preservatives and..... the water that we drink.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

My guess, is that you likely suffer from at least one inflammatory condition, such as arthritis, asthma, allergies, etc. Inflammatory, acidic conditions in the body make it ripe for cancers to develop. Look up "diseases of affluence".
reply to post by 27jd

How about gout?
Does that fit as a disease of affluence?
ETA: I was just wondering, because gout is an inflammatory disease. The interesting thing is that gout was first documented around 2,600 BC. I am fairly certain that this predates the use of most of the things that you are railing against, including HFCS.

Gout has, however, been known since antiquity. Historically, it has been referred to as "the king of diseases and the disease of kings"[6][50] or "rich man's disease".[51] The first documentation of the disease is from Egypt in 2,600 BC in a description of arthritis of the big toe. The Greek physician Hippocrates around 400 BC commented on it in his Aphorisms, noting its absence in eunuchs and premenopausal women

Wiki: Gout

My gout struck early, didn't take many years to come to a head..... got it in my teens.

edit on 10-4-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by kdog1982

I'm a fit 47 year old male in great health. I can out run a person 25 years old upstairs and not be out of breath.

Translation: I am a delusional 47 year old. That 500 lbs. kid next door aint got nothin' on me! Have fun, and no, you can't outrun a 26 year old. Even if the 26 year old was missing a leg. Prove me wrong. Show us some pics. Come on captain buffness.

Show me a pic of yourself with a piece of paper saying 'shutup Domo' and maybe I believe you. Talk is cheap.

wow talk about a bad attitude

another example of the "pics or it didn't happen" tunnel vision skeptics

if your looking for "peer-reviewed" and "science" based (junk) science rhetoric then keep drinking your HFCS for now.
Base your assumptions off the science provided by the very same industry producing the poison

And continue to refuse in believing anything unless you see "pics", or it has been FDA, FCC, USDA, 9/11 commission, "scientifically" studied, approved, certified, and safe

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperTripps

Get off their food pyramid

Its ponzi and fraud of the cabal kind

I agree, when I did an Akins style diet I never felt so healthy. I ate carbs as I needed them (like going to the gym) outside of that I ate as little as I could and my blood sugars were always balanced, I was never tired and I lost a ton of weight.

My kids love rice, but outside of that they eat very little carbs/sugars. The really don't like too many sweets, so I'm wondering if sweets is not a learned desire. They get a soft drink now and then and fast food every once in a while but I really work hard on providing real meats and veggies. My I buy 1/2 a cow at a time from a friend who raises a few cows a year solely on grass on 20 acres. The meat is very lean and has incredible taste to store bought. I also staked my freezer with salmon and steelhead that I catch and so they get that once a week too. Chicken is about 3 times a week, but I think beef is their favorite.

BTW they are hardly never sick and do not have any emotional/behavioral issues so many others in their schools have. They are the biggest in their classes with little fat on them too.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

It's not killing me, I don't ingest it. I also avoid grains and dairy products, those things are also horrible for the body.

Whole grains and hard natural cheese is good stuff.... just saying

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
How about gout?
ETA: I was just wondering, because gout is an inflammatory disease. The interesting thing is that gout was first documented around 2,600 BC. I am fairly certain that this predates the use of most of the things that you are railing against, including HFCS.

I believe it would fit, yes. Diseases of affluence, so to speak, came about when humans started agriculture and animal husbandry, which I believe was long before 2,600 BC. When we started taking things that are toxic in raw form, and cooking them to attempt to leech out the toxins. While doing so does take away the acute toxicity, traces of those toxins remain, and build up in our systems, according to many in the nutrition field. I read the Paleo Diet, and Neanderthin, and it all makes sense to me. Our ancestors were hunter, gatherers. Our diets used to consist mostly of only things that could be eaten raw (doesn't mean they can't be cooked). Bones of elderly humans from back then that were lucky enough not to die violent deaths, or die of infections, were strong, as were their teeth. Cancers and such were virtually non-existent, if you believe those who study such things.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Whole grains and hard natural cheese is good stuff.... just saying

If you were to eat whole grains raw, you would get very sick. Those plants do not want to be eaten so they create a defense, cooking does remove most of the toxins, yes...but not all of them. Some grains are worse than others, wheat has glutens which are an example of those toxins. Cheese may taste good, but milk, that is used for cheese, is meant for baby cows not adult humans. Even raw milk contains hormones meant to grow a baby cow to full size in a year. Those same growth hormones in adult humans who are done growing, logically could fuel weight gain, or even tumor growth. Milk is a western thing, 95% of the human population on earth does not consume milk. There are still hunter gatherer tribes left in the world, and diseases of affluence are almost entirely absent in them. It's fact. I'm not here to tell you all what to eat, and I know many react viscerally when I suggest their good ole down home eatin isn't good for them. But I can tell you since I've adopted a mostly paleo diet, I feel better than I EVER have in my life, and haven't been sick in 2 years. I do sometimes eat grains like brown rice, or corn, but rarely.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Here's a good answer to your gout question...

Q: What is the effect of the Paleo Diet on seniors with respect to gout? I've heard that protein in one's diet can have an adverse effect.

A: Gout is considered as part of a metabolic syndrome and insulin resistance is at the root of gout. Along these lines, gout was rare among pre-agricultural populations (Hunter-gatherers). Serum uric acid levels depend on the amount entering the blood and the amount leaving the blood.

The amount of uric acid entering the blood depends on the amount of it produced by the liver (1/3 from the diet and 2/3 from the body turn-over of cells) and the amount of uric acid leaving the blood depends on the kidneys' excretion capacity. The metabolic syndrome and insulin resistance induce kidney underexcretion of uric acid. On the other hand, when the kidney is
faced with high protein purine-containing foods, serum uric acid levels decrease because the kidney increases uric acid excretion (this is an evolutionary trade-off).

So, the real problem is increased liver production of uric acid and kidney uric acid underexcretion. High glycemic load foods (as found in the typical western diet and not in The Paleo Diet) and subsequent hyperinsulinemia halt the kidneys' capacity to excrete uric acid. Regarding liver production of uric acid: fructose, and particularly High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS), decreases inorganic phosphate in the liver and this increases the production
of uric acid from purines.

The Paleo Diet helps to fight gout as is based on low glycemic load foods, high protein and no HCFS foods.
thepaleodiet.blogspot.com...

Always worth a try if you still suffer from gout. If you decide to try paleo, give it at least a couple months for your body to adjust and see how you feel...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
How about gout?

I believe it would fit, yes. Diseases of affluence, so to speak, came about when humans started agriculture and animal husbandry, which I believe was long before 2,600 BC. When we started taking things that are toxic in raw form, and cooking them to attempt to leech out the toxins. While doing so does take away the acute toxicity, traces of those toxins remain, and build up in our systems, according to many in the nutrition field. I read the Paleo Diet, and Neanderthin, and it all makes sense to me. Our ancestors were hunter, gatherers. Our diets used to consist mostly of only things that could be eaten raw (doesn't mean they can't be cooked). Bones of elderly humans from back then that were lucky enough not to die violent deaths, or die of infections, were strong, as were their teeth. Cancers and such were virtually non-existent, if you believe those who study such things.
I believe in the good health effects of the Paleo Diet. We spent the largest amount of our species evolving with that diet, so it makes complete sense that is what we would be best off eating.

But try setting my children down to a plate of washed roots, greens and freshly skinning rodents.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join