It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Strange Humanoid Creature I Watched Swimming In The Ocean

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

You also don't sound educated. Photographic memories are just as error prone as regular people.

Still, their reports sometimes contain errors, and their accuracy fades after just a few minutes. Says Searleman, "If they were truly 'photographic' in nature, you wouldn't expect any errors at all."

www.psychologytoday.com...

You may be able to very vividly recall events in a manner most people can not, but what you remember is not what happened. The same is true for vivid memories people have of important events, such as what people were doing when they learned JFK was shot. People of the era can usually give vivid recollections, although years later their recollection is still just as vivid, only things change.

I grew up in Beverly, MA .. I've never heard of anything like this. Could have been some guy in a weird outfit and your brain played tricks on you, it happens.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

I lived on the coast of Massachusetts for over 30 years, never heard of anything like this, ever.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Many years ago I was reading a website that had accounts of UFO/Unexplained things based on Australian events, and there was 1 case of some teenagers who had been out at the beach on afternoon, as they were packing up and heading back home, it was getting dark and on the main long road out of the area where they were, they saw something similar to what you describe.

Human like, larger/taller, and it seemed to sprint at high speed across the road into the ocean and just as fast swim out and disappear.

I'd look for it but I my war with google prevents it... just saying I've read something similar to this. Could be many things..

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Wow and thanx for finding this and posting it,i never heard of it before and its "very close" to what i saw.Heres more about it and other encounters with similar humanoid water creatures > naturalplane.blogspot.com...
edit on 11-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by gunshooter

I lived on the coast of Massachusetts for over 30 years, never heard of anything like this, ever.
Gloucester,Mass.Sea Serpent > www.americanmonsters.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

reply to post by blocula

You also don't sound educated. but what you remember is not what happened.
Everyones different and so what exactly is an educated person suppose to sound like?

What i remember is what i saw and for someone to think and say that what a person remembers is not what happened to them,is almost laughable to me and i hope theres not too many "educated people" out there braiwashing and dumbing down others with those psychological manipulations...

This thing was no person in a costume,because no person would be able to move through the water and waves the way and at the speed this strange humanoid was...
edit on 11-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing. And I'm glad you got some good info despite all those who call themselves skeptics but are really acting like nothing more than playground bullies who's parents didn't love them enough so their kids wind up making innocent, polite people pay for the sins of the mother and father. Don't get mad, for they know not what they do. I'm just glad you had the courage to share. Obviously we can't know if anyone we meet online is telling the truth. But one thing I'm not gonna do is be a royal jerk to every person I come across who has an interesting tale. Maybe some are just jealous that nothing interesting ever happens to them. Or if it did maybe their eyes, or mind, weren't open, so instead of humanoid fishman they saw a log floating in the water because the harmless log does not shatter the preconceived notions so precariously held in place by a rather fragile mind. Who knows? I certainly dont! But then, I'm not one of those people who has fallen so far into my own egotistical madness as to pretend that I possess the omnipotence required to be well informed of every little possibility there ever could be in this vast universe (multiverse? INFINIVERSE??) we have the pleasure of utilizing as a medium for this ongoing science experiment represented by a math equation in the form of art some refer to as "life", now, am I? No. No I am not. I'm not one of those people.
edit on 11-4-2012 by 3n19m470 because: made it more polite

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Your post is one of the most intelligently written and well expressed that i've ever read...

Whats amazing to me,is that i know this humaniod creature was living out there in the ocean and i know there was one of them then,so there must have been more than one of them and so there must also be an entire race of them still living in the ocean right now and ninety five percent of people who i tell about it,refuse to believe me...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

And what does a sea serpent have to do with a merman like creature? Do you not think 100 ft and 8-10ft are a little different? Thanks for playing. I again repeat I lived there for 30 years, Gloucester was 15 minutes away by the way, never heard of anything like this.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Please learn how the brain and memory works rather than trying to sound impressive talking about your photographic memory.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

It has to do with the fact that 95% of the earths oceans are totally unexplored by us,completely unknown to us and have never been seen by anyone and there are giant monsters and humanoid creatures living down there within the oceans vast and immense depths...

There are 139,000,000...square miles of water surface area on earth...

There are 332,000,000...cubic miles of water...

Which means theres around 300,000,000 cubic miles of water on earth that remains totally unexplored by us, completely unknown to us and has never been seen by anyone...
edit on 14-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

All of which has absolutely nothing to do with anything I have posted. Which is that the more plausible explanation is that as a child you saw something and your brain did not interpret the information correctly, this created a memory of an event that you "saw", but did not actually happen in the way you "saw" it. You having a "photographic memory" does not prevent this from happening, nor does it prevent the information from being corrupted and changed with time, people with photographic memories do not have static memories, the same event will be recalled and changed many times. If you want to think you saw an undiscovered species of merman rather than your childhood imagination ran away with you because you are too good for that ... you feel free.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

reply to post by blocula

All of which has absolutely nothing to do with anything I have posted. Which is that the more plausible explanation is that as a child you saw something and your brain did not interpret the information correctly, this created a memory of an event that you "saw", but did not actually happen in the way you "saw" it.
You or anyone else who wasnt there,cannot truthfully tell me that i didnt see what i know i saw and it doesnt matter if i saw it last night,or a hundred years ago.Seeing a strange unearthly creature, presents a moving,living image that becomes permanently welded into your memory...
edit on 15-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Don't let them give ya a hard time. If people want to dismiss the possibility of there being creatures like this they have no imagination. It could be that this animal became extinct like many in my lifetime.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
When I was five years old I dreamed I woke up during the night & a male lion was sitting on my bed, roaring at me. I was totally convinced for years there had been a lion in my room one night.

Just sayin'.

When I was 4 years old I woke up on the beach in Lima Peru and a lion was licking my face. This really happened and the picture made it into the daily newspaper. The circus was in town. I think the humanoid creature was a seal wrapped in seaweed.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
sounds like you got your self a deep one problem. they havent been around since the raids on "innsmouths" back in the 20s thought they got there little hideaway on devils reef with them torpedos. good to hear there making there precence know again. HAIL DAGON AND ALL HIS WISDOM

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I was an illusion ...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

reply to post by blocula

All of which has absolutely nothing to do with anything I have posted. Which is that the more plausible explanation is that as a child you saw something and your brain did not interpret the information correctly, this created a memory of an event that you "saw", but did not actually happen in the way you "saw" it.
You or anyone else who wasnt there,cannot truthfully tell me that i didnt see what i know i saw and it doesnt matter if i saw it last night,or a hundred years ago.Seeing a strange unearthly creature, presents a moving,living image that becomes permanently welded into your memory...
edit on 15-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

So does seeing that image of Tupac at Coachella.

Doesn't mean he was there.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
An australian newspaper printed a story about a brazilian ships encounter with mermaids...Mermaids And Aliens > rafken.hubpages.com...

Scotland 1947 Mermaid Sighting > www.ufoinfo.com...

edit on 18-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Theres some amazing modern day sightings and encounters with bizarre humanoid water creatures in this link...

Modern Day Sightings Of Merbeings > www.cryptomundo.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join