It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Strange Humanoid Creature I Watched Swimming In The Ocean

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
When i was around 5 or 6 years old,my mother and i were at nantasket beach here in mass,during a sunny summer afternoon and as we finished packing up our things down on the sand near the water, she started to walk away towards her car...

I was facing straight out into the ocean and the waves were washing in right at me and i was around 30 feet from the water and just as i was about to turn and walk in her direction,something suddenly caught my eye about 75 feet out in the ocean...

And i was amazed and frightened to suddenly see a strange half human,half gill man type of creature swimming against and through the ocean waves from right to left,parallel to the distant horizon...

Half its body was beneath the water and the other half was above and there was probably about 6 or 8 feet of water beneath it and the waves were around 2 or 3 feet tall above the waters surface...

Its arms were held out straight and motionless,they were not moving in a swimming motion and its legs were also held out straight,but they were slowly moving up and down,but only a few inches each way...

It was around 7 or 8 feet long,meaning tall,because it was obviously bi-pedal...

Its face was humanlike,but with weird animal/fish like qualities,which made it appear contorted and brutish...

It seemed angry and very determined as it propelled itself along through the waves at what i would estimate about 15 or 20 mph...

There was a row of fins sticking up and running from its neck all the way down its back and the fins near its neck were about 6 inches tall and they got smaller as they went along and the fins were around 1 inch tall at the bottom of its back...

I also remember that it had webbed hands and large stretches of skin attaching its upper arms near the bicep to its sides near its chest and it seemed to have webbed fins for toes...

This thing was not wearing any sort of clothing,swim suit or diving gear...

Its skin was mostly smooth and was colored light green and yellowish white and it was not human...

I finally lost sight of it amongst the waves when it was about a hundred and fifty feet to my left...

I told my mother about it in the car and she didnt believe me,she said i got to much sun...

There were no motorized sounds coming from this thin either and if i lived for a thousand years,i would never forget it...

If i only had one clear picture of it,it would be so amazing and strange to look at it now and be able to show it to other people...

My mother saw nothing,because i was so transfixed by what i was looking at,that i never bothered yelling for her to turn around and and see it...

I dont recall anyone else seeing it either,the beach by then,around 4 or 5 in the afternoon was becoming less crowded and no one was in the water near it...

That was one of my very first encounters with the unknown and a very early age for me to have unexpectedly found out without warning that things are not always as they appear to be in this reality...

I have a very good memory and i clearly remember exactly what i saw and the thing i watched was something thats not easy to forget and its forever etched within me...

I dont know where it came from,i dont know where it was going and i dont know what it was,but i knew then and i still know now that it was not human...
edit on 8-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
You were 5 or 6 yet you have a good grasp on the scale of the animal....

I used to think people were like 30 ft tall when I was 5 or 6.

My take on this is you probably just watched the little mermaid and your young imagination got the better of you.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
...Or you got too much sun.

ETA: OK, that was a little cruel. But seriously, you gotta admit that's pretty... "out there."
edit on 4/8/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

Without trying to sound stuck up or conceited,i have a superior memory,a photographic memory and this creature was so weird it was unforgettable...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Seriously?

Mermaids? Comeeeeeeeeee on
Did you drink any salt water? Dehydrated? Manatees?

+27 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
instead of trying to discredit the OP or make fun of him, maybe a search of local legend or folklore of the area might be appropriate first. Not saying that it could not have mistaken identity, but, strange things happen, and we should at least respect people for coming forward with their story, and trying to make sense of something that they saw.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

This thing had no fish tail and it looked nothing like a mermaid,but it did resemble the gillman monster from the movie creature from the black lagoon,only with a more human body and face and i saw that movie for the first time about 5 years after i saw this creature in the ocean...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

Nah, we are called skeptics. It's the logical approach to reality.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Could it have been an Mola?

They are very common in those waters and they have a tendency to freak people out if they are not aware of the species.

edit on 8-4-2012 by METACOMET because: pic

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I would never make up a lie and then pass it off as something true and i never have in any of my threads.The quality of my memories should be apparent in my descriptions of that day,the time and place,where i was facing and what was going on around me and the age i was at shouldnt be superceding what i know i saw.What was it? where was it coming from? and where was it going?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET
Could it have been an Mola?

They are very common in those waters and they have a tendency to freak people out if they are not aware of the species.

Here is a photo of the Mola Mola...otherwise known as the Sunfish....doesn't fit the description from the OP...

Must say it is one of my favorite fish....

Des
edit on 8-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Something like this?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Nah, we are called skeptics. It's the logical approach to reality.

being a skeptic is a logical approach to reality you are very right there, but does that mean that you skeptics also have to be sarcastic with your opinions, and make fun of a persons story? can you fill in the blank there with a mature answer?

BTW I never said I believe the OP, I did say it could be a case of mistaken identity, a little research never hurts. But just blurting out the first answer to discredit someone without doing a little backround work is not denying ignorance.
edit on 8/4/12 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Its not often someone reports seeing one. However, there have been a few sightings of aquatic humanoids over the years.

The site below gives a run-down of most of them..

Aquatic Humanoids: Progeny of the Black Lagoon or Alternate Evolution?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I didn't make fun of him at all. I presented in my first post that I didn't believe him. Then stated logical possibilities.

In the 2nd post to him I posted pictures to further help identify the object he had seen.

edit on 8-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I too saw mermaids when I was a teenager. They turned out to be normal marine life after I looked at them for a bit. The images of mermaids are still in my head, just my brain trying to make sense of shapes in the water. Like when you see figures in clouds. Once in near darkness I noticed a long stick poking over the rails on the stern of my boat. I moved to see how this stick had entangled itself on the rudder and looking down in the water at the sticks base was a huge eye looking at me. It was a swordfish, 15 feet long, and it wanted a look at me. I stared into that big eye for a long time in the silence as he slowly swam, his sword clicking on my tiller. For some reason I never feared he would stab or bite me and his eye was only 3 feet away. He was so huge, powerful and alien that my heart skips a beat just thinking about our meeting. There was something supernatural about it. That was real, the time I hallucinated Wonder Woman, that was not real.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Thats one weird loking fish,but the thing i saw was humanoid,it looked somewhat like a person in body structure and it was around 7 or 8 feet long,but it was part fish,or gill man or reptilian,it wasnt human...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

How I think, is that in a way anything is a possibility.

So, I think that, that the term "Mermaid" makes the creature, actually exist. Within our minds, or within reality on this earth. I don't think that it could be just a coincidence, that these creatures we are seeing, most of them have been seen by many people, enough to make it a term, or a name for that creature whom has became widely known.

Like, Big Foot, or the Greys, or Ghost, or that Moth Man, or even Mermaids.

Its not like we are talking about a man bear big, we actually have known characteristics to these creatures that have been told by many witness throughout history. Whose to say these beings aren't living here on earth, and we don't know about it? I mean, we discover new animals, all the time. And we have yet to explore the deepest depths of our oceans, not accounting for what scientist and the government is not telling us.

When I was 5 I remember seeing a being from a different realm. I have a mental image of it, so clearly I know it's characteristics, and I remember what the room looked like, I just remember everything. Why? Because when you see something that the most don't you hold on to it for life. I remember every little weird thing that has ever came into my presence.

So if you were young, and it was your imagination, that could be a possibility. But whose to say you didn't see it? If I saw it, I would of sure remembered it. Thank you for sharing, I appreciate people that expose their weird experiences of beings most do not see. Maybe if everyone did we could come up with some facts.

I wish I was a merman

edit on 8-4-2012 by jakupairs because: because!@

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Yes,something like that,but with long legs,not a tail and it had webbed hands and feet with a web of skin connecting its upper arms to the side of its chest and it had a more humanoid face and fins running down its back...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I think the key here is the first paragraph...

"When I was 5-6 yrs old........."

I remember when I was that age... I believed there were monsters under my bed....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join