It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Strange Humanoid Creature I Watched Swimming In The Ocean

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by UKmonster

If you saw sasquatch walking past close by to you,or a flying saucer land near you,for 7 seconds, those 7 seconds would be slowed down and stretched and would seem much longer than 7 seconds usually appears to take to pass by,like an unexpected car crash,when normal everyday reality seems somehow suspended and the passage of time is altered...

edit on 9-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by Furbs
reply to post by blocula

I don't doubt for a moment that you believe you know exactly what you saw. That is the power of memory. You lay those synaptic lines down and they are hard wired into your brain. Even mistakes can be hardwired into your brain and reality. To prove my point, I will ask you a series of questions.

What did you have for dinner the night you saw this merman?
The dinner that i had that night wasnt 7 or 8 feet long,it didnt have legs and arms,with webbed hands and feet and it wasnt swimming 20mph through the ocean with fins running down its back and so whatever dinner i ate that night would have been nothing highly unusual,nothing out of the ordinary and relatively meaningless and so would not have been permanently welded into my memory like that "gill man thing" was...

This is exactly my point.

Your -perception- of what you saw was welded into your memory because you deemed it unusual. Your recollection is tainted because, for it to be worth remembering, it would have had to have been something wholly unusual.

What you have is memory like the rest of us have. Nothing special. You remember the bits that meant something and throw away the bits that didn't.

This is like the time I was standing on the shores of the Rapid River in MI. I spooked up a pterodactyl. I -saw- a pterodactyl, even though it was not possible. The next day I went back and found out that it was a whooping crane. Does that make the distinct memory I have invalid? Yes, because it wasn't a pterodactyl. It was a whooping crane, and no matter how much I remember it being a pterodactyl, it will never make it one.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by gunshooter

I didn't make fun of him at all. I presented in my first post that I didn't believe him. Then stated logical possibilities.

In the 2nd post to him I posted pictures to further help identify the object he had seen.

edit on 8-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

first of all coming right out and saying you do not believe someone is actually not being a skeptic, a skeptic is someone who will question things, second of all you clearly put that picture up to make fun of the OP, do you know what plausible deniability is?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
I think the key here is the first paragraph...

"When I was 5-6 yrs old........."

I remember when I was that age... I believed there were monsters under my bed....

there still is, they're called the US government.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Did it look like this?

Ya'll know what movie this is right?
Came out in 1985

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Who am i to tell someone that they didnt see what they said they saw? I wasnt there when it was seen and so how could i ever know they didnt see it?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Yeh I know, but despite having a really good memory myself I dont rember things when I was 5-6, also I factors in to my argument the environment how can you see it with all the waves,, this thing was partly submerged so how do you know how its feet were moving, and how could you see its face, obviously not an efficient swimmer swimming wih its head above water when it has gills.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Oh and in occurances like those space time isn't altered :"), its called an adrenaline rush. Your reactions become faster, your awarenes is greatly enhance and you can run for miles. Evolution for ya!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
Did it look like this?

Ya'll know what movie this is right?
Came out in 1985

Enemy MINE! love that movie

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Given your track record of posting outlandish threads on ATS I wouldn't believe anything you said without certifiable backup information.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
they were probably filming a movie lol or it was a guy with fins on haha

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Maybe it was a Ningen?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I totally believe you, I know someone who 'remembers' being born, yes, I didn't believe it possible at first, as well as that, this person remembers many things from birth to five. I'm aware that most people remember very little or almost nothing, from pre four or five years of age.
I checked this out online years ago, I can't recall where abouts, but although it not very common, some people 'are' awake and aware before they can speak or gurgle their first words...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

I didn't make fun of him at all. I presented in my first post that I didn't believe him. Then stated logical possibilities.

In the 2nd post to him I posted pictures to further help identify the object he had seen.

edit on 8-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

What you believe is irrelevant, since you can neither prove or disprove the OP's story.

"I don't believe you" isn't being a skeptic. It's being too lazy to do some research and settling for being opinionated.

I still think it's absolutely hilarious many of the people like you on this forum like to sport the title of "skeptic", when ultimately and for all your opinions are worth, you're petty hecklers.

Putt your butthurt aside after reading my post for a minute and reconsider your position. I think you will find my assessment correct.

The mods here are guilty of this as well. Being a skeptic != giving a pathetic subtle or blatant insult and failing to do any investigation. I know this is a very social board, but if you really only have nothing more than a brain fart to contribute you might as well not post at all.
edit on 9-4-2012 by yourignoranceisbliss because: format

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Many many reports from see ship logs in the old days.

1493, January 4, Christopher Columbus reports seeing three mermaids playing about and jumping out of the water. He says, "They were not as beautiful as they are painted, although to some extent they have a human appearance in the face...."

1560, Bosquez, aide to the Viceroy of Goa, performed autopsies on 7 mermaids caught by fishermen in Ceylon.

1599, in the book Historia Monstrorum a real mermaid and her mate are reported embracing near the Nile River delta.

1608, June 15, Henry Hudson, explorer and discoverer of the Hudson River, records seeing a real mermaid near Russia. He wrote in his log: Two crew members - Thomas Hilles and Robert Rayner - sighted a mermaid at 75° 7' N, and shouted at the rest of the crew to come and look. Hudson further recorded it as having a "tail of a porpoise and speckled like a mackerel." She was "looking earnestly on the men" who gathered on the side to see her. The description Hudson wrote says she was "speckled like a macrell" (mackerel) with long black hair, white skin and a woman's breasts.

www.beautiful-mermaid-art.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I have not had enough time to really contemplate your experience, yet appreciate your reply. As for now, I am no longer one with the sea or any large body of water, too old and fat now. Your experience is so important, have you read about the sea aliens at all with interest? You may never get answers to what you saw, the answer may have been only in the moment, but something tells me you must have been a very special child to have tuned into something so magnificent.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
why hasnt this story been brought up much earlier? why are we just hearing about it now?
or are you saving a lot of your lifes experiences for a thread by week basis

never seen or heard anything about aquatic humanoids, but ogopogo is pretty close by to me, I hear.

en.wikipedia.org...

canada has a bunch of lake monsters
edit on 8-4-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

It was, here, last year.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Whatever this "gill man humanoid creature" was that i saw,i thought at the time that there must be more than one of them out there in the ocean and now i think that theres probably an entire civilization of them living deep inside the worlds oceans,within hidden realms and they have evolved to breathe water and air...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

what time of day? late afternoon? so was the sun low or still high in the sky?

could have been a surfer wearing weird green wetsuit and a similar coloured board?

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join