It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All the Preaching on ATS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Yeah, so...I've mentioned that I live right next door to a church....It used to be 'Bethel Baptist Church', but then those folks sold the building to the 'Village Community Church' congregation...another Baptist sect......
a few years ago (3? I don't count, really) they had an Easter msg on the marquis two years ago....and it stayed there for about 15 months....past the next Easter after they took over....
today, there was NO ONE there.....
No one. The lawn isn't mowed...the marquis isn't changed.....it still says "Disciples needed to help change lives Luke 9:6"

There are dandelions all over the place..(not that I mind...dandelions are part of the plan)....the grass is going native....no one showed up for services (I think there weren't any).....
no Easter Egg hunt...(except for a neighbor and her two kids -- and she was screaming at them that they weren't looking in the right places) ....no rejoicing...

What are we to make of this (my husband and myself).....???

I've been thinking we could use it as a bomb shelter...or to house the folks whose homes are blown up.....or who are thrown out due to foreclosure....

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
Yeah, so...I've mentioned that I live right next door to a church....It used to be 'Bethel Baptist Church', but then those folks sold the building to the 'Village Community Church' congregation...another Baptist sect......
a few years ago (3? I don't count, really) they had an Easter msg on the marquis two years ago....and it stayed there for about 15 months....past the next Easter after they took over....
today, there was NO ONE there.....
No one. The lawn isn't mowed...the marquis isn't changed.....it still says "Disciples needed to help change lives Luke 9:6"

There are dandelions all over the place..(not that I mind...dandelions are part of the plan)....the grass is going native....no one showed up for services (I think there weren't any).....
no Easter Egg hunt...(except for a neighbor and her two kids -- and she was screaming at them that they weren't looking in the right places) ....no rejoicing...

What are we to make of this (my husband and myself).....???

I've been thinking we could use it as a bomb shelter...or to house the folks whose homes are blown up.....or who are thrown out due to foreclosure....

The church closed?

I dunno. What happens when you google the church's name?

edit on 8-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DissentFromDayOne

All "religions" are false. They cannot save you.

You're correct, Jesus didn't come from heaven to die so we could have just another religion in a long line of them. He came so that we could have a personal relationship with His Father by removing our former slave-master satan, and our former task-master sin.

Now we are free. Praise the Lord.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Last time I checked it, there was a website, and a contact link or number....
I suggested to the Entertainment Director at my Renaissance Festival (who is an LDS minister) that he might be able to use the church as a meeting place (the other one he uses is on the other side of the city, and nowhere near the Festival site)....
and I guess he got no response....

But yeah,......the owners before (a lot of gray-haired folks) at least came and mowed once a week...now, no one comes! Except for maybe twice a year. It's a very nice yard....and the building is brick, and provides us with privacy (being to the East of our home).....

But, yeah. No One was there....

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I suggested to the Entertainment Director at my Renaissance Festival (who is an LDS minister) that he might be able to use the church as a meeting place (the other one he uses is on the other side of the city, and nowhere near the Festival site)....

But yeah,......the owners before (a lot of gray-haired folks) at least came and mowed once a week...now, no one comes! Except for maybe twice a year. It's a very nice yard....and the building is brick, and provides us with privacy (being to the East of our home).....

Old gray-haired folks, sounds like a legalistic church for people that refused to go progressive with the changing times. They had no influx of new young folks because they refused to give up their organ. And thus their ability to pay day to day functions of the church dried up.

My 2 cents.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Well, the new owners weren't old folks....they were younger peeps, of various races.....
and for a short time they were door-knocking and handing out pamphlets...but it lost its momentum I guess....
I dunno....
I live in a very 'residential' neighborhood......perhaps when the church was "Bethel Baptist Church" there were more neighbors attending...

whatever. The point is, no one was there today.....

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Well, the new owners weren't old folks....they were younger peeps, of various races.....
and for a short time they were door-knocking and handing out pamphlets...but it lost its momentum I guess....
I dunno....
I live in a very 'residential' neighborhood......perhaps when the church was "Bethel Baptist Church" there were more neighbors attending...

whatever. The point is, no one was there today.....

Door to door handing out pamphlets? that already sounds cultish. Sorry, I heard you wrong. I thought when you said former owners you meant the previous ones.

U gotta google it, I don't know. Give me the name, I'll find it.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Non-Christians who start traveling down the conspiratorial path starting with 9/11 anomalies or whatever, tend to then later on get caught up in the new age theories and other similar pseudo-spiritual teachings. Once soaked with a decent amount of information of general conspiracies, the person will then naturally seek to find spiritual comfort and spiritual answers behind why the way things are. True conspiratorial research should lead one to Jesus Christ, whom everything will be subjected to in the end and the last enemy which is death, is destroyed.

However, there is an agenda being pushed by a malevolent, spiritual force that is capturing the hearts and minds of the unsuspecting as they venture down the rabbit hole. As a person goes into darker depths, there is sweet candy on the side that is secretly laced with a lethal, slow-killing poison. That sweet candy is known as the New Age movement, and just look at what it has done to the conspiracy community. The New Age movement will take a non-Christian or a backslidden Christian and start pumping in information and feelings into their minds and hearts. The information tends to inflate their boasting, self-righteousness, and their self-serving ways. This is called the Black Awakening by some, or a pseudo-enlightenment. It makes you believe that truth is relative and not absolute, and that your personal experiences and feelings are enough to convince you; and that there are no absolutes. This is a lie, because no one can stand boldly before the throne of God and declare that his or her self-righteousness is sufficient enough for him or her to enter into Heaven. God will look upon you and see His Son or your sins. Those who are in Christ will be permitted. There is nothing complicated about it.

So bottom line is the goal of the new age is to simply take a person and lead him or her away from God, Jesus and the Bible; that is its only purpose, and again, you can clearly see how successful it has been. So, I urge you, to whomever may be reading this, to seek the face of God. He wants you, He loves you, He doesn't want you to willingly walk with the rebels who believe their self-righteousness is sufficient.

edit on 8-4-2012 by netgamer7k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I have a suspicion that some people buy-up church properties as long-term investments because they are exempt from property taxes? Where I live there seems to be a church on every corner. We must have 10 times as many churches as we need and most of them look like they are barely alive. I think they are a tax shelter for somebody.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

As far as I can tell, people have been preaching about the end times ever since there was an idea about an end time! Certainly as long as I can remember. And as the Bible says we are not to know when it will be......so its quite an assumption to say Now is the Time. The End Is Near has been repeated for centuries. Prophecies have been made for centuries. Yet, here we still are! Is the future scary? Sure. Is the end near? Who knows? According to the Bible, not us!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jaxnmarko

As far as I can tell, people have been preaching about the end times ever since there was an idea about an end time!

Well yeah, you could not have the "doctrine of immanency" without it.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Want to see the story written in the geneaology of names?

No, but a little proof of the Crucifixion on a Cross would be nice,
(Roman, Jewish Records) and some genealogy (Tax/Birth Records) on a man who lived then named "Jesus, the Christ." (Journals, Diary, First Person Reports)
As for the Bible Codes, at first they excited me, then I saw the same technique used on "War and Peace" with similar results, and I stopped thinking that. How can you continue believing in a myth created by the Church? Did you know that most, of if not all the Bible, is a myth? Before the time of Jesus there were many pagan Gods that died on crosses and died for the sins of the world. The New Testament for example is full of many allegories and symbolism, parables, and never meant to be taken literally. It was the Roman Catholic Church that demanded that all scripture was to be taken literally, or one would be burned alive at the stake. This is the 21st Century, the Church no longer has that power over us.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

As for the Bible Codes, at first they excited me, then I saw the same technique used on "War and Peace" with similar results, and I stopped thinking that.

Wow, you fell for a huge bait and switch. Yes, any HUGE body of text will result in some anomalies. The issue with the Bible is these codes cluster with the plain-text verses. Look at the crucifixion codes, the names of everyone at the foot of the cross including 3 Marys are not in some huge portion of text, it's 12 verses.

12 VERSES.

And one name that should appear by how absurdly common the letters are is conspicuously absent, and that name is Judas.

It was the Roman Catholic Church that demanded that all scripture was to be taken literally, or one would be burned alive at the stake.

Absurd, we got allegorical approach to interpreting scripture from Augustine, and people were burned at the stake not for wanting to take it literally, but for wanting to read the Word themselves, and for wanting to translate the Bibles into the common language to give to the masses, and for rejecting infant baptism and wanting to baptize believers (Anabaptists).

That's why they were burned at the stake, for wanting to give the common man a Bible. What came from that is the Protestant Reformation, realizing Rome was the whore of Revelation glory to God.

edit on 10-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Absurd, we got allegorical approach to interpreting scripture from Augustine, and people were burned at the stake not for wanting to take it literally, but for wanting to read the Word themselves, and for wanting to translate the Bibles into the common language to give to the masses, and for rejecting infant baptism and wanting to baptize believers (Anabaptists).

That's why they were burned at the stake, for wanting to give the common man a Bible. What came from that is the Protestant Reformation, realizing Rome was the whore of Revelation glory to God.

I can tell you don't know much about it, NYT.
THE BURNING TIMES: The time line: the Dark Ages to now
Originally, burning at the stake was primarily used for women convicted of treason (men convicted of treason were hanged, drawn and quartered). Later, burning at the stake became a popular punishment for men and women accused of heresy or witchcraft.

The 16th and 17th centuries saw a which-hunt such as the world had never seen. Rumors spread like wildfire of people participating in wild witches' Sabbats, the adoption of animal forms, and ritual cannibalism. Superstitious fear flung accusations everywhere, and the population lived in terror. As many as 200,000 - 1,000,000 people were burned at the stake for witchcraft during this time. Burning was believed to cleanse the soul, tantamount for those accused of witchcraft or heresy. Also, it did not spill the victim's blood (the Roman Catholic Church forbade this). The burning meant the victim would have no body to take into the afterlife. The real reason was to stamp out Goddess worship, and to kill Her followers who were labeled witches. You make it sound like everyone wanted to be converted to the Church, when actually, the Church then, as it does now, had a lot of enemies.

The blood of all of those woman and men in on the hands of the Church, and the stain is plainly visible. They are still today obsessed with blood, death, and sex.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I agree with your comments and I think there are reasons. The first I follow my direct link with god and source not a building church or old bible which has been changed many times. I think you will find guys who have studied this subject for other 10 years know that things like Et exist without needing another pic or leaked gov doc. No a lot of us are ready for the change, ascension if you will. This goes hand in hand with source, Michael our universe creator, ashtar command, andromeda council, the silver legion, the celestials like the melchizadek. See this is why the shift but there is no rapture just try to have more love and light in everyone.
Peace to all in these changing times.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by frenzy4444

It looks like what your placing your faith in is a mix of New Age and Christian theology.... friend, think about this: Either the Bible is 100% true, and Yahweh/Christ/Holy Spirit is God / Creator of all, or the Bible is 100% false, and Yahweh / God do not exist, Christ wasn't God, Michael and Melchizedek would not exist, etc.

You can't really cherry pick when it comes to the Biblical characters. Michael didn't create anything, YHVH did.

If you need help with anything or have questions feel free to ask....

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

The blood of all of those woman and men in on the hands of the Church, and the stain is plainly visible.

Okay, if you're calling the "church" the Roman Catholic Church then I agree, my idea of the church is the invisible body of Christ, the Ekklessia. She isn't the building on the corner of 5th and Central with a steeple and stained glass windows.

What about my comment about the ELS codes? Especially the crucifixion codes? They are only found in 12 verses, not a long body of text, that's barely 2 paragraphs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join